Sakray Patch Notes May 16th 2018 - Page 4 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Sakray Patch Notes May 16th 2018

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
112 replies to this topic

#76 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:40 AM

inb4 oprah's meme

#77 powerhausman

powerhausman

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:32 AM

whine whine whine some more

im guessing majority of people who wants devil hand to be class restricted are either ss and fenrir card holders

all classes will truly benefit from this gear

and like everyone suggested before, if you think dorams are OP then go create one and eventually you'll also see their weaknesses as well (unlike sura who doesnt have any weaknesses)

if this becomes a sura gear only, it will only make them more OP as in OP as hell, everyone will be just sura here, sura online yeah

but anyway whatever WP decides, i hope when GOE comes then they should also restrict it to mage class only if ever they decide to restrict devil hands to sura now

Edited by powerhausman, 17 May 2018 - 03:35 AM.

#78 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:02 AM

Aspd + 10%
Reduces the fixed casting time of Lion's Howl by 100%.
The users casting cannot be interrupted outside of WoE.
Increases the damage of Lion's Howl by 20%.
If upgrade level is +7 or higher,
Additional Aspd + 5%
Increases the damage of Lion's Howl by an additional 30%.
If upgrade level is +9 or higher,
Additional Aspd + 5%
Increases the damage of Lion's Howl by an additional 50%.
If upgrade level is +10 or higher,
Reduces the variable casting time of Lion's Howl, Mental Strength, Summon Spirit Sphere and Zen by 50%, if Lightning Ride is at maximum level.
Bypass 100% of hard defense of normal monsters, boss monsters and players when performing a physical attack.
Reduces the cooldown of Lion's Howl by 9.5 seconds, if Earth Shaker is at maximum level.
Increases physical damage on boss monsters by 50%, if Rampage Blast is at maximum level.

Yes, this gear is truly designed for all classes to benefit from.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 17 May 2018 - 05:04 AM.
Mod Edit: Replaced font color to blue, do not use red, it's for mod edits and warnings.

#79 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:16 AM

I wish I had that Fenrir card you're talking about

#80 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:21 AM

I have 0 MVP cards. And at this rate, I'll never bother to buy one because OCP stuff is outright better than MVP cards.

That headgear alone = super samurai specter +69, super fenrir +69, super beelzebub +69, super doppelganger +69, two abysmal knight cards (+69 ofc), and a metric assload of damage and convenience. 

If there was an MVP card that goes into any slot, or even requires two slots, that gave you all those effects it'd be worth half a trillion zeny probably. 

#81 powerhausman

powerhausman

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:28 AM

I have 0 MVP cards. And at this rate, I'll never bother to buy one because OCP stuff is outright better than MVP cards.

That headgear alone = super samurai specter +69, super fenrir +69, super beelzebub +69, super doppelganger +69, two abysmal knight cards (+69 ofc), and a metric assload of damage and convenience. 

If there was an MVP card that goes into any slot, or even requires two slots, that gave you all those effects it'd be worth half a trillion zeny probably. 

well then good for you

just dont buy the stuff

me? ill get my hopes alive and buy this ocp only for this stuff

coz i dont hav the time to grind all those mvps unlike you guys, i hav a job and a life you know

#82 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 07:18 AM

well then good for you

just dont buy the stuff

me? ill get my hopes alive and buy this ocp only for this stuff

coz i dont hav the time to grind all those mvps unlike you guys, i hav a job and a life you know

Better work overtime then bud, gonna need to buy quite a few boxes. 

#83 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:32 AM

whine whine whine some more

im guessing majority of people who wants devil hand to be class restricted are either ss and fenrir card holders

all classes will truly benefit from this gear

and like everyone suggested before, if you think dorams are OP then go create one and eventually you'll also see their weaknesses as well (unlike sura who doesnt have any weaknesses)

if this becomes a sura gear only, it will only make them more OP as in OP as hell, everyone will be just sura here, sura online yeah

but anyway whatever WP decides, i hope when GOE comes then they should also restrict it to mage class only if ever they decide to restrict devil hands to sura now

It is bad that the game might have more Sura or become a Sura-Online. This’d just be one possibility if Decil’s hand didn’t get nerf and only Sura could use it. But right now as the game it is, it is totally fine when game is G-Online and many people play GX or Gen. What logic is this.

The only reason I see why WP won’t make Devil’s hand just for Sura is because if they did, they would have to do the same to Giant’s protection (Mech) and Imperial Glove (RG), and Valkyrie drop (AB). Then people who play popular classes wouldn’t benefit it and may QQ.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 17 May 2018 - 08:34 AM.

#84 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:00 AM

I suggest to just hold it off for now and replace it with a different item like Long Tongue, problem sloved

Your parents forgot to tell you that sticking your tongue out at people was rude, and this is the result. Sometimes you just gotta be you!

Edited by Usurper, 17 May 2018 - 09:04 AM.

#85 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1244 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:38 AM

How much do you guys think this new Devil's Hand will cost if it is made available for all classes?

How much if it is only available to Sura?

#86 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:39 AM

Depends on how common it is, how many people buy the box, etc. 

But obviously it will be worth more if it works on all classes instead of just Sura. 

#87 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:30 AM

Depends on how common it is, how many people buy the box, etc.

But obviously it will be worth more if it works on all classes instead of just Sura.

They just killed the community Hg before they even released it by making it not a class restricted.

#88 Hakobune

Hakobune

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • LocationNowhere I want to be that's for sure
  • Server:The mismanaged cashgrab

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:56 AM

Maybe not the place to post this but with the changes being discussed to certain items and the possibility of what seems like a samurai specter headgear for all classes I kinda feel like this needs to be said.

It would seem like quite few things iRo has done that OCPs started off simply enough with a decent idea. A box that contains some gears that gave a boost to less OP classes/less OP builds with nothing too extreme and then even opened up some new build that weren't really viable before. Then in typical Warpportal fashion they took it way too far with things that easily surpassed some god items and a few MVP cards. Before we got things like a two item set that helped bow chasers out or made waterball actually usable albeit with a few hoops to jump through. Then we started getting items that did generally big things like a straight 50% defense bypass on just about everything, or an armor that at least did 35% more damage to enemies of a certain race or element, 70% more if the target was the right element and race which considering the target elements and races you were generally getting the 70% most of the time.

Some of these OCP items have been pretty good in providing some new builds to mess around with like enforcer shoes and pororoca shoes. But once we start getting into 50% fixed cast time reduction for everyone, unrestricted 50% defense bypass and 70% more damage towards a very broad target range for everyone is when things start to get wildly unbalanced. I think a number of these items should probably be reevaluated and maybe even rebalanced (I know that is probably not going to ever happen because a lot of people put A LOT of real life and in game money towards these items and don't want that value lost), or at the very least in the future opt for more class restricted items that only boost singular class skills instead of items with such massive bonuses to such a broad spectrum of classes.

#89 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:27 PM

Honestly the fixed cast time thing with Devil's Hand isn't even the broken part about it. We JUST got def bypass with PDM, but this hat also nullifies defense without any stat investment.

It makes sense for Sura. Sura's weakest area is leveling, they historically don't have the damage to level as easily as most other classes. But granting 100% Defense bypass to all classes so easily is imbalanced. I would respect and appreciate it a lot more if it would be treated like the niche headgear it is and make it equipable by Sura only. Bypassing DEF is also a powerful game mechanic, one that many Sura skills already have built in. So giving 100% bypass to Sura isn't as unreasonable as granting 100% bypass to say, GX, Rebel, or Ranger.

It would seem like quite few things iRo has done that OCPs started off simply enough with a decent idea. A box that contains some gears that gave a boost to less OP classes/less OP builds with nothing too extreme and then even opened up some new build that weren't really viable before.

Some of these OCP items have been pretty good in providing some new builds to mess around with like enforcer shoes and pororoca shoes. In the future opt for more class restricted items that only boost singular class skills instead of items with such massive bonuses to such a broad spectrum of classes.

I think this is the heart of my argument as well. It feels cool to have items that bring up underutilized skills and add more diversity to the game. But by making everything available to every class it makes the game homogenized again. I am fine with having some universal gears like Mob Scarf / PDM, because they aren't CLEARLY designed for one specific class. But it seems really stupid that something like Rebel Scarf would be equipable by everything.

Edited by Scuba, 17 May 2018 - 12:36 PM.

#90 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:33 PM

Looks like they are moving on with making the Devil's Hand available to all classes. RIP Fenrir, RIP SS, RIP Baphomet, RIP MVPs.

#91 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:27 PM

Looks like they are moving on with making the Devil's Hand available to all classes. RIP Fenrir, RIP SS, RIP Baphomet, RIP MVPs.

Fenrir gives 70% doesn’t it? And it is a card. Not really RIP. Just like other MvPs, it may not be that biss or really wanted. Like for one time I was really thinking of getting Gloom. Now I’m good with Abyss dress.

If what really RIPs, it’s BSG and Demon Mask.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 17 May 2018 - 01:29 PM.

#92 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:30 PM

Fenrir gives 70% doesn’t it? And it is a card. Not really RIP. Just like other MvPs, it may not be that biss or really wanted. Like for one time I was really thinking of getting Gloom. Now I’m good with Abyss dress.

The only casualty of this hat is Samurai Spectre. But even this eventually gets a really cool set bonus later down the line.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 17 May 2018 - 01:31 PM.

#93 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:31 PM

Why RIP PDM?

#94 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:38 PM

Why RIP PDM?

Because now I’d rather use Two megs and Devil’s hand. Maybe is RIP Mask only for me ~

#95 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:11 PM

Suggestion on Verus Core description.
"Neutral, Water, Earth, Fire, Wind, Poison, Holy, Shadow, Ghost and Undead" can be simplified to"All" instead.

#96 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:04 PM

Maybe not the place to post this but with the changes being discussed to certain items and the possibility of what seems like a samurai specter headgear for all classes I kinda feel like this needs to be said.

It would seem like quite few things iRo has done that OCPs started off simply enough with a decent idea. A box that contains some gears that gave a boost to less OP classes/less OP builds with nothing too extreme and then even opened up some new build that weren't really viable before. Then in typical Warpportal fashion they took it way too far with things that easily surpassed some god items and a few MVP cards. Before we got things like a two item set that helped bow chasers out or made waterball actually usable albeit with a few hoops to jump through. Then we started getting items that did generally big things like a straight 50% defense bypass on just about everything, or an armor that at least did 35% more damage to enemies of a certain race or element, 70% more if the target was the right element and race which considering the target elements and races you were generally getting the 70% most of the time.

Some of these OCP items have been pretty good in providing some new builds to mess around with like enforcer shoes and pororoca shoes. But once we start getting into 50% fixed cast time reduction for everyone, unrestricted 50% defense bypass and 70% more damage towards a very broad target range for everyone is when things start to get wildly unbalanced. I think a number of these items should probably be reevaluated and maybe even rebalanced (I know that is probably not going to ever happen because a lot of people put A LOT of real life and in game money towards these items and don't want that value lost), or at the very least in the future opt for more class restricted items that only boost singular class skills instead of items with such massive bonuses to such a broad spectrum of classes.

If everyone has 50% fix cast reduction, I don't need to bother to take sacrment skill anymore.

#97 fenrir99

fenrir99

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:13 PM

Just make it 100% tho

#98 Zeusterae

Zeusterae

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 843 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand
  • Server:chaos

Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:26 PM

Do we have in Sakray the headgears of the extended classes yet?

#99 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 May 2018 - 07:41 PM

Do we have in Sakray the headgears of the extended classes yet?

No, nor do we have the copies. Gotta put pressure on kRO to deliver if you want them quicker. That means pressure on WP :U

#100 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 05:28 AM

Looks like the Devil's Hand got ninja nerfed. The 100% of hard defense bypass is only applicable to Sura's with Rampage Blast at max level.

Edit: Sorry I read it wrong. The 100% of hard defense bypass still works on non Sura classes. Looks like the GXes damage has increased dramatically with the new 16.2 weapons, Melando update and now Devil's Hand.

Edited by DieNasty, 18 May 2018 - 10:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users