November 15th Renewal Maintenance - Page 4 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

November 15th Renewal Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
162 replies to this topic

#76 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 10:42 AM

OP is updated regarding the OCP contents.

To be clear the Circlet and Nature's dress will most likely appear in next month's box. They were delayed while we deliberate the issues associated with them internally. The issues being as follows.

• Nature's Dress - TE Meta being affected.
  • King of Spirit Circlet - Particular combination of items reducing the item certain sorcerer skills to having no cool downs and almost no cast times. We need to test to see the limits of this and address any issues that come from it.

Yes i think there is a BIG misunderstanding here, the problem with spirit king circlet is not the fact about cast time, cast time is almost untouched for the most part i mean, about casting time there is nothing new compared with what you can do already (i mean maybe the 70% reduction could be good but, your bio5 enchant to lvl 5 and temp dex you can already instant cast every sorc skill) also the variable part is dealt with stats, (dex*2+int=530 to reach instant cast) I play sorc from a long time and for me the best thing about this hat, at least from a woe point of view, was the fact that you can bring down entirely the cooldown of Diamond Dust (and the other skills aswell) wich allow you under strings and with 190+ ASPD spam 5 or more under a second, or depdnding on your gear (htinking about kiel or other delay reduction gear) maybe 2 or 3 under a second. That paired with the ability to proc cristalization by 30% to 50% by DD is the thing that worried some people.

So the part about casting times is totally made up honestly. Also about some people saying that a setup with full variable and high aspd is difficult to make, you are again, wrong, is actually pretty easy and you need just a couple of gears without even needing to break your woe set (in my case i just woe) and mostly know how stat based instant cast work.

Then again in not saying im against or with the implementation but i think there have been some misunderstanding about what was the main problem with the circlet in the first place. That could be solved by actually disabling that option on woe/pvp maps.

#77 Cormael

Cormael

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 10:55 AM

It will be available soon. But I need to test the sorcerer skill edge case so I know what I am implementing.

Camp, I would like you to re-read these post in particular by Nirvanna21 and Ashuckel

Yes i think there is a BIG misunderstanding here, the problem with spirit king circlet is not the fact about cast time, cast time is almost untouched for the most part i mean, about casting time there is nothing new compared with what you can do already (i mean maybe the 70% reduction could be good but, your bio5 enchant to lvl 5 and temp dex you can already instant cast every sorc skill) also the variable part is dealt with stats, (dex*2+int=530 to reach instant cast) I play sorc from a long time and for me the best thing about this hat, at least from a woe point of view, was the fact that you can bring down entirely the cooldown of Diamond Dust (and the other skills aswell) wich allow you under strings and with 190+ ASPD spam 5 or more under a second, or depdnding on your gear (htinking about kiel or other delay reduction gear) maybe 2 or 3 under a second. That paired with the ability to proc cristalization by 30% to 50% by DD is the thing that worried some people.

So the part about casting times is totally made up honestly. Also about some people saying that a setup with full variable and high aspd is difficult to make, you are again, wrong, is actually pretty easy and you need just a couple of gears without even needing to break your woe set (in my case i just woe) and mostly know how stat based instant cast work.

Then again in not saying im against or with the implementation but i think there have been some misunderstanding about what was the main problem with the circlet in the first place. That could be solved by actually disabling that option on woe/pvp maps.

DD spam is still preventable especially with the release of the item in new OCP called Leviathan Muffler.

#78 CMAstra

CMAstra

Maje҉s͘t͡ic S̛pa͠će ͢W̡hal͞ȩ

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts
  • Twitter:CM_Astra
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 15 November 2018 - 11:03 AM

OCP XXIV page is up! Read up on the new item descriptions here:

http://www.playragna...ail.aspx?id=473

#79 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 15 November 2018 - 11:24 AM

Im Ok with the measures taken to prevent even more damage to WoE. There will be Always people who counter and who support every measure. However, Is not like you have to go always with X muffler, a GTB backup and everything we know not all the players may get. Same as the circlet itself, not all the people can afford it. But well, I guess some people wants the "Fenrir+Spirit ring" headgear comes to live and will try to disguise it as "its possible even without the gear", "you can counter it easy".

What really hurts is not the cast reduction, wich its even more than a WL can get with the celine set, and its just one slot, what really hurts its the DD spamability (cristalization indeed) and everyone knows you can counter that, but that's not mean if it can be counter it is ok to get it as is from the ragcan. Different servers need different things, here at iRO we are getting very OP gears from a total different server.

As I mention before, in one thread you are bringing new OP items wich are ok to PVM, but broken a bit more the WoE environment, and in other thread you are wondering how to bring the competition back to WoE. Im not saying the headgear itself will broke the WoE. It is already broken, you are just pouring a bit more to a full glass.

This need to be reviewer just like the Nature Dress. and Campitor, Cordite and every staff involved in the manage of the server must read the threads about WoE,

The last thread before Cordite's thread was this. (29,7k+ views, over 500+ replies)

And now we have also this Cordite thread too. (13,7k+ views, over 300+ replies)

Would be good if you review all the pages and decide how the incoming future "updates" (imported items from jRO & kRO) have to be implemented.

#80 Leonchascon

Leonchascon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 11:24 AM

Does Levi muffler has a slot or not?

"Set Bonus ---> Toad Card"

#81 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 11:29 AM

Does Levi muffler has a slot or not?

"Set Bonus ---> Toad Card"

Leviathan Muffler is slotted.

#82 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 11:41 AM

Camp, I would like you to re-read these post in particular by Nirvanna21 and Ashuckel

DD spam is still preventable especially with the release of the item in new OCP called Leviathan Muffler.

:V again, im not saying im for or against the implementation nor im saying there are no ways to counter DD, but i think focusing on the particular problem is important rather than inventing non existant ones. Also why people think that Levi muffler is justified anyway i dont see it as a justification to nothing, and i also think as an item is really poor designed, like "oh what we can get in this box...i know lets make 100% water damage reductions because who cares" wich was something that can be achieved before but with a lot of cards and gears or can be achieved bassically by sorcs using summons.

#83 gnog

gnog

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 November 2018 - 11:43 AM

Does another overpowered OCP items will be nerfed too or is it a double standards example?

I suggest to at least cap at +10 sky fortress weapons + immortal dog tag. Or keep consistency and keep the circlet the way it is.

#84 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 November 2018 - 11:51 AM

At the end of the day, there is always something game breaking added, something that people bitch about and say it is gonna do this and that, and; at least from a WoE point of view, people find ways to deal with it and move on. Been the case for the longest of times.

#85 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX

Posted 15 November 2018 - 12:05 PM

I've seen your pasana card on ur armor before for sure!. When Tao RK was the big barrier to counter at WoE.  those days has gone so long and is not a single gear, the entire woe is broken, still playing for fun but the gold old days never come back.

InTopic: Talking about "actually updates", I made a "screenshot checklist" before, but the staff just avoid it. So I will recall it here https://forums.warpp...ates-checklist/

and ask, Campitor, will we have a 2019 Calendar Update? will it has some of the unacomplished updates from 2017 / 2018  Calendar?

Edited by S207, 15 November 2018 - 12:07 PM.

#86 VileCharmander

VileCharmander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 12:28 PM

In all honesty, how much of a worry is it that any of these items will break anything in the game? With the server population looking so low most nights when I log on, and anyone getting these gears likely to try and sell them for billions, will the new items even surface in any facet of the game with enough frequency to cause real problems?

#87 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 15 November 2018 - 12:56 PM

In all honesty, how much of a worry is it that any of these items will break anything in the game? With the server population looking so low most nights when I log on, and anyone getting these gears likely to try and sell them for billions, will the new items even surface in any facet of the game with enough frequency to cause real problems?

If they complain about item breaking the game then they all should banned all mvp cards it’s breaking the game. Anyhow ppl who complained here are the one that have those mvp cards they don’t want equality I guess they are so scared that everyone have the same kind of mvp card in form of headgears lol. Anyhow
Yes this please. be consistent wp don’t go back on your word. If you customized one item you have to customize all not just one just because it’s being so op. If you have chose the path to follow the original jro item then by all means you have to follow it. If not then please revert back the devil’s hand and Spartacus to iro customization effect.

Please put capped on jdr dog tag combo it’s op without a capped

#88 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 01:07 PM

@camp, on the low ti spawn issue: might you be able to explain why making extra copies of the TI map is something that hasnt been done yet to at least alleviate the spawn problem while you search for another fix?

#89 CKDD

CKDD

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 November 2018 - 01:56 PM

If they complain about item breaking the game then they all should banned all mvp cards it’s breaking the game. Anyhow ppl who complained here are the one that have those mvp cards they don’t want equality I guess they are so scared that everyone have the same kind of mvp card in form of headgears lol. Anyhow
Yes this please. be consistent wp don’t go back on your word. If you customized one item you have to customize all not just one just because it’s being so op. If you have chose the path to follow the original jro item then by all means you have to follow it. If not then please revert back the devil’s hand and Spartacus to iro customization effect.

Please put capped on jdr dog tag combo it’s op without a capped

cap Lindy hop dog tag as well, since it is op. Capped one, capped all also, be consistent.

Cap abyss dress, cap old hg since it is op, cap every op item.

LOL

Edited by CKDD, 15 November 2018 - 01:57 PM.

#90 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3549 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 02:39 PM

If y’all want a balanced game, just play pre-renewal. That’s all. Bye.

#91 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 03:05 PM

If y’all want a balanced game, just play pre-renewal. That’s all. Bye.

if i could go back to the version that actually mattered, i'd have time traveled already :sob:

#92 CaptainKnuckle

CaptainKnuckle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 03:07 PM

if asking a out balance, what is the proc of mage class? aoe damage? now a day every class have aoe without cast time and delay. so what if mage can do too, u said it unbalance?

#93 Kirito927

Kirito927

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 03:26 PM

If asking for balance , why nerf the gear that boost mage class , shall do the Gene class balance intead all of this , take away the advantage on using elemental converter + elemental cannon multiplier , that I will say a balance

#94 Hendra88

Hendra88

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 04:01 PM

still not done yet ? :(

#95 1299150619045824270

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1272 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 04:05 PM

It will be available soon. But I need to test the sorcerer skill edge case so I know what I am implementing.

As said below, I think the main issue is not also the fixed cast time reduction but rather the more obvious free High Wizard Card once it got to +10 or above. Also check the other bonuses.

#96 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 November 2018 - 04:07 PM

Even with this noob headgear, Sorc would still eat dust compared to GX. Funny that people dont really complain about GX. Nevermind, I forgot that most players main GX  :rice:

#97 Kirito927

Kirito927

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 04:10 PM

Even with this noob headgear, Sorc would still eat dust compared to GX. Funny that people dont really complain about GX. Nevermind, I forgot that most players main GX :rice:

And Gene

#98 CaptainKnuckle

CaptainKnuckle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 04:14 PM

is this game named "GenetiX online"?

#99 1299150619045824270

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1272 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 04:19 PM

Even with this noob headgear, Sorc would still eat dust compared to GX. Funny that people dont really complain about GX. Nevermind, I forgot that most players main GX  :rice:

Exactly, sorc are one CRS away from a GX with JDR Dog tag combo hahaha even with 95% demi human reducts, still dead in one CRS.

I think they should just piss off with this hat and let it go as is, ignore the sissy's and sell the freakin OCP already ok...EZ

#100 Critical123

Critical123

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 04:30 PM

They speak ... They speak ... and I only see personal interests, I do not see anything collective, for example today the server was with 1200 players online, this is falling more and more, this economy destroyed, I think the main thing to be The economy is focused, I do not see the future with a promising future.
No more Pts like before in low TI, we stayed at least 2 hours in juno to recruit members for the partys.

The rich getting richer and the poor leaving the server, I play for more than 4 years in the iro and still yes I drove an mvp card, what happens with this% mvp card?

I would ask that this economy be focused on maintenance, lets do IRo great again.

Sincerely,

an unknown ranger.

Edited by Critical123, 15 November 2018 - 04:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users