Important Notice regarding Ragnarok 2 Development - Page 2 - News - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Important Notice regarding Ragnarok 2 Development

88 replies to this topic

#26 SuryaEternal

SuryaEternal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationBali, Indonesia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:43 PM

Just a suggestion but if u guys gonna abandon the development this game, can you adjust the EXP rate, like make it 300% permanent, as no more events also meant no more EXP up right?

Also I saw the Nilfheim equips on the game data, can't u just release it, let it become ML 40 equips with just a better overall stats over Serenia. As for the way to obtain it you guys can just copy the same setting as Serenia's crafting, but make it double the requirements, or make it drops randomly from MVP bosses? 1 last favor for us? 

#27 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:58 PM

Just a suggestion but if u guys gonna abandon the development this game, can you adjust the EXP rate, like make it 300% permanent, as no more events also meant no more EXP up right?

Also I saw the Nilfheim equips on the game data, can't u just release it, let it become ML 40 equips with just a better overall stats over Serenia. As for the way to obtain it you guys can just copy the same setting as Serenia's crafting, but make it double the requirements, or make it drops randomly from MVP bosses? 1 last favor for us? 

They won't make those changes because they'd require a developer to do them.

Havent bought a good comp to play ro2 lately oh god there goes my cute lil crescentia ive never touched for like 3 years now

When did RO2 require a good computer?

#28 SuryaEternal

SuryaEternal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationBali, Indonesia

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:10 PM

Well we can ignore my 2nd suggestion but surely changing the EXP tables won't require much to do?

They won't make those changes because they'd require a developer to do them.

When did RO2 require a good computer?

#29 daisuke1234353

daisuke1234353

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:14 PM

Well...kinda sad but thank u guys. Thanks to ro2 I met wonderful people~

It only remains to say thank you for the good times  :p_smile:

#30 EthrealQueen

EthrealQueen

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationHere and there

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:19 PM

I think there is no point in focusing on what was not done. I prefer to do it in the good times and in the valuable people I met along Ragnarok Online 2.

Nothing lasts forever. Thank you Idun !, and to all the people who collaborated these years to continue with the project. Thanks for the good moments. <3.

#31 MiniGuuMi

MiniGuuMi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • Location平川市, 青森県

Posted 17 January 2019 - 12:13 AM

Thanks for all of you guys and for those who keep this game alive for the past 5 years. for all that we've done joy and sadness, no matter how far away we are from each other in distance, or in time, when we look up into the clear night sky. we will always see the same moon. hope this game still get something in the future and hope we will meet in another parallel world(Game) .. too much stories and time i miss in this game, for all that Thank you.

4194ab4aaeb31386a51b6b8cbaf5545b.gif

#32 5840150903060709343

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Playing:RO Valkyrie Uprising
  • Server:odin

Posted 17 January 2019 - 12:33 AM

Can I distribute Christmas events and sharing events?

#33 VanHalisha

VanHalisha

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 17 January 2019 - 04:55 AM

But what have they failed, if it is known that people are needed to survive?

How many have blocked?

How much time have it taken to make progress?

When will they open a Latin server?

When have they included?

The new games and even old have been adjusted to the demand and have been able to have an influx, EVERYONE knows that it is CABAL, LOL (for example) but tell me who knows what RO2 is?

They missed! Regrettably...

#34 HyunSooK02

HyunSooK02

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • Server:Odín

Posted 17 January 2019 - 05:37 AM

INFORMATION WAS HERE.

Hello, my dear Idun, I would like to know if there is any chance to some one to keep giving any kind of support to the game like example volunteers (They not going to get any payment aside from future recommendations and experience).if it's not possible, I would like to know who to contact to offer or buy the distribution license of "Ragnarok Online 2".
In any case, it was a honor to be part of the volunteer team until last month. I really enjoyed this game Thanks to everybody.

-EDIT:

If the volunteer idea is accepted would like to know what are going to be the requirements: Programming languages used, and necessary modeling programs (If there is any specific).
For my part, I am a programming technician, and currently a student of computer systems engineering. And I'm sure there would be more volunteers with experience for some like this.

Maybe this idea could take a while to be taken into consideration but, it would be perfect to start courses of the programming languages used.

Offtopic:

I am honored to go down as the #1 warrior of this game, farewell to everyone who sparred against me and helped me train my skills!

You still got rekt by my ML30 Cazar warrior, and RunForce was nothing without the pilot.

Edited by HyunSooK02, 17 January 2019 - 05:46 AM.

#35 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 17 January 2019 - 08:58 AM

It all comes down to: They were not updated and, because of that, they lost players.
If they had updated the game, added maps, new ways of playing, adding more RO1, more history and even a Hispanic / Latino server, this would not have happened.
The Spanish speakers were ignored, the errors were ignored, the players got bored and that is the result.
The games MUST be updated by listening to what your followers ask of you.
Is the Kafra store still working? You take money without offering anything.
Eventually, if nothing is done. The players will leave (already started) and the game will die slowly.
Sad for those of us who played years ago.

The players left a long, long time ago.  The game died a long, long time ago, lol.  There was never enough players to make separate servers for each language, which is why when there were separate servers they all eventually came together to form the very last one and it too failed to work due to lack of progress made to the development of the game.

#36 carbinemortiser

carbinemortiser

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 405 posts
  • LocationAvalon
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 17 January 2019 - 01:46 PM

So what's gonna happen to RO2 PH? The beta test just concluded in early Dec 2018. Is it even going to launch at all?

#37 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 02:54 PM

We haven't heard any news about RO2 PH. Guess the game never made any traction locally.

#38 zareza

zareza

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 17 January 2019 - 03:17 PM

thanks for the hardwork シ

#39 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 17 January 2019 - 04:07 PM

So what's gonna happen to RO2 PH? The beta test just concluded in early Dec 2018. Is it even going to launch at all?

We haven't heard any news about RO2 PH. Guess the game never made any traction locally.

There are no developers for RO2, so there won't be a different localized version anywhere.

Never made sense in the first place considering they already merged all the other servers into one due to lack of players. There would never have been enough to warrant different servers again.

#40 YukiraWT

YukiraWT

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • Server:/quit

Posted 17 January 2019 - 04:54 PM

if they do not have development team for the main server, how would they have to another server? nobody understood this ph server.

#41 freakygin

freakygin

Amateur Blogger

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 133 posts
  • LocationAnywhere with free Wi Fi Available

Posted 17 January 2019 - 07:03 PM

Objectively speaking...

People already saw this coming thousand miles away
The Usual cycle of playing MMORPG :
A. Leveling
B. Reaching Max Level
C. Farm materials for the best gears
D. Go to war
E. Waiting for new contents

We can see that players already stuck at D, and the E never came.
Some might say that "WP too lazy" or something like that.
But, i assure you, WP already did their best.
- New Refine system
- New Seeds rate
- New Pet system
- New event quest
That's only to mention a few of many things they did accomplish.

There's also many of you who would love to blame the VCR for everything.
It's almost like this is all their fault, they have some hidden agenda to stall RO2 updates.
Trust me when i say, those VCR already did their best too. I know, because i was one of them
I saw them talking about how to make RO2 better, every single day!
They didn't get paid for that, yet they did it out of love.

The decisions were made, instead of releasing new contents, WP would focus on fixing the current problem first.
Such as Nerfing 1 hit killers. Fixing drop rates. etc
When everything is fixed, then the new content would be ready by then
But as we can see, players still dropping like flies.

Stop thinking "What if" scenario
"If only they release new contents first, even though it's broken. This won't happen"
But instead, this happens.. Because WP was too kind..
Even when GRAVITY abandon the ship long time ago, WP tried to keep it afloat for many years.
But in the end, maybe the hole on the hull was too big
And the ship keep sinking
So it's time to let go

Thank you for everything, WP

Edited by freakygin, 17 January 2019 - 07:25 PM.

#42 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 17 January 2019 - 09:36 PM

Objectively speaking...

People already saw this coming thousand miles away
The Usual cycle of playing MMORPG :
A. Leveling
B. Reaching Max Level
C. Farm materials for the best gears
D. Go to war
E. Waiting for new contents

We can see that players already stuck at D, and the E never came.
Some might say that "WP too lazy" or something like that.
But, i assure you, WP already did their best.
- New Refine system
- New Seeds rate
- New Pet system
- New event quest
That's only to mention a few of many things they did accomplish.

There's also many of you who would love to blame the VCR for everything.
It's almost like this is all their fault, they have some hidden agenda to stall RO2 updates.
Trust me when i say, those VCR already did their best too. I know, because i was one of them
I saw them talking about how to make RO2 better, every single day!
They didn't get paid for that, yet they did it out of love.

The decisions were made, instead of releasing new contents, WP would focus on fixing the current problem first.
Such as Nerfing 1 hit killers. Fixing drop rates. etc
When everything is fixed, then the new content would be ready by then
But as we can see, players still dropping like flies.

Stop thinking "What if" scenario
"If only they release new contents first, even though it's broken. This won't happen"
But instead, this happens.. Because WP was too kind..
Even when GRAVITY abandon the ship long time ago, WP tried to keep it afloat for many years.
But in the end, maybe the hole on the hull was too big
And the ship keep sinking
So it's time to let go

Thank you for everything, WP

The things you listed are almost everything Warpportal managed to do in the 3+ years they took over development.  Call it whatever you want, but those small accomplishments aren't anything to boast about.

Has someone been blaming VCR's here?  Maybe I missed that.

One hit kills aren't gone, they nerfed some classes without taking into account others.  VCR's reported on what doing something like that would mean to the game and it was ignored, I know this because we reported it years ago when I was still a VCR myself.  Drop rates weren't "fixed" they were boosted to keep people interested in playing the game.  If the game had an average amount of players, the drop rate would have never been an issue.

Gravity sunk the ship when they released Advent of Valkyrie with a completely different set of developers from the original Legend of the Second.  This game can't hold on to developers for some reason, it's been through at least 4 sets of them.

What it boils down to was the game was probably shottily developed from the get-go, considering it was a completely different game to start with and then remuxed into what we recognize it as today, it's no surprise.

You are right though, we saw this coming as far back as 2014.

#43 Lexarte

Lexarte

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 09:51 PM

I have only one question. Would Santa event stay forever or it will be turn off?

#44 1633130515105152960

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 08:55 AM

Hello, my dear Idun, I would like to know if there is any chance to some one to keep giving any kind of support to the game like example volunteers (They not going to get any payment aside from future recommendations and experience).if it's not possible, I would like to know who to contact to offer or buy the distribution license of "Ragnarok Online 2".
In any case, it was a honor to be part of the volunteer team until last month. I really enjoyed this game Thanks to everybody.

-EDIT:

If the volunteer idea is accepted would like to know what are going to be the requirements: Programming languages used, and necessary modeling programs (If there is any specific).
For my part, I am a programming technician, and currently a student of computer systems engineering. And I'm sure there would be more volunteers with experience for some like this.

Maybe this idea could take a while to be taken into consideration but, it would be perfect to start courses of the programming languages used.

^^^ This
I know that there is a bunch of developers (like me) who played RO2 and just wanna help to bring it to life again.

#45 Aohisa

Aohisa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 11:13 PM

Despite what other ppl said, It was good. I liked the game... well, the previous version tho.
I've tried to enjoy and have fun with the old contents (1-50) with some ppl and without any aov item/title. it was indeed fun. but It's too bad that only 4 or 5 members remain now that we could only do arena raid N. We tried to do bapho H, but we couldn't beat the last boss with 4. and Arena H, only the first few bosses. i hate that drill and the minions haha. well, at least we tried.

anyway, thanks for your hard work!

#46 3713170616200431250

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 06:51 AM

I am AzuraFire ML40 Knight one of the strongest knights in PVP in Odin server... I just want to thank Warpportal for giving us a wonderful game even i only played this game for more than a year i had a lot of fun and memories in this game especially my friends thank you for everything and farewell...  

Part of the journey is the end.  :p_smile:  :p_smile:  :p_smile:

#47 ajiiib

ajiiib

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 09:48 PM

farewell...

#48 iVanillaMint

iVanillaMint

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationOn your mind

Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:59 AM

Thank you WarpPortal for keep making this game alive. So, this is the end of our Journey on 3D Rune Midgard.
See you again in another Adventure.

Edited by iVanillaMint, 16 February 2019 - 04:36 AM.

#49 spellbinder103

spellbinder103

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:58 PM

look like the end of the RO 2 world is near, or no far away.

with removal of development team assigned to RO2 i can foreseen the collapse of RO2 in near.

good luck, all RO2 friend, will see again in RO 3...if RO 3 is existed.

#50 SplatPhastkyl

SplatPhastkyl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 02:20 PM

Well, I'm sorry to see the game go

And I'm thankful for the team and the work they did.

But, WP cut their own throat on this. They kicked off a huge chunk of players because they would not conform to the EU requirements. They did not follow through on their earlier development plans, which if successful, would have kept and generated play.

So, I have to say that I'll probably never participate in a WP product/game again by the simple fact that they're only going to produce a half finished product and then drop it.

Thanks for wasting my time, WP.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users