What is Ragnarok: Transcendence? - Page 21 - Good Mornings Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

What is Ragnarok: Transcendence?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
920 replies to this topic

#501 RyderRag

RyderRag

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 26 November 2019 - 08:31 AM

This discussion is nice and all but Transcendence so far is just re:start 2.0 with a pretty UI so no additional research is needed

**Nenecchi uses Dispell

**It's super effective!

Me: Why are we still here? Just to suffer!?

#502 Squishyyy

Squishyyy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Location~

Posted 26 November 2019 - 09:08 AM

@OP

It might be healthy for the topic to talk less about what the server will be like and more about what we'll do there. I plan on making an agi bow rogue again and maybe a priest. I will probably go FS, although ME looks fun too now. 

#503 Narue44

Narue44

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationArgentina
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 November 2019 - 09:17 AM

How would we know what we will be doing if we don't even know what mechanics and gears we'll have lol

#504 Stormblitz

Stormblitz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 November 2019 - 09:32 AM

Will gunslinger class be available?

#505 havocstopper

havocstopper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationNew England, USA
  • Server:Between Worlds

Posted 26 November 2019 - 10:09 AM

I can't wait to be rocking my Knight followed by a Bard. Reworked BB is insane xD

#506 Darkshneider

Darkshneider

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 10:24 AM

Ill be playing mage/wizard again ofcourse!

#507 Victoryblood

Victoryblood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 434 posts
  • Server:Whatever we got

Posted 26 November 2019 - 10:41 AM

Repeating myself and probably someone else in this thread: As excited for the new server one could be, no matter how much we love the game, If the anti cheat fails, one bot/dupe is one too many. Priority one is protect the game from cheaters.

#508 Nenecchi

Nenecchi

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 98 posts
  • Server:Breidablik/묘르닐

Posted 26 November 2019 - 11:17 AM

Like ragial

#509 Guarocuya

Guarocuya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 12:36 PM

Prolly a Trapper Hunter aka Bomberman and a Battlesmith, exactly what I played in 2005, the first time I played this game. :P

#510 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 26 November 2019 - 01:24 PM

I am curious how bots quickly started to take over Restart, and what measures WP has this time to prevent the same from happening.

#511 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 26 November 2019 - 03:36 PM

I am curious how bots quickly started to take over Restart, and what measures WP has this time to prevent the same from happening.

They did?

#512 Squishyyy

Squishyyy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Location~

Posted 26 November 2019 - 04:30 PM

A good way to avoid bots is to establish a community that frowns upon it. Find a way to only buy from legitimate vendors. Let the GMs do their jobs. I'm not saying to discount security concerns, but I feel those have already been addressed and echoed. I am more genuinely curious at what people are most excited about and what about RO:T grabs their interest! I haven't tried making a bow rogue from scratch in a long time and although it's not going to be like 2005, I am curious what will remain/change. Will I be killing floras/mandragoras/greatest generals/geographers or will I have to be more cautious in my leveling. Now that backstab actually faces the back of the mob, I won't have to figure out where the 'back' of a mi gao is @_@ (so many painful memories). I admit I don't know a lot about RO: Zero or RO: T, but if it's on any level as good as the RO DS game it'll be fine in my opinion. RO2 and RO2: 2 weren't my tea and neither was ReStart or any of the classic reboots. The success of the server relies just as much on our desire for it to succeed as it does iRO's ability to deliver. Our conditioned cynicism from a past of disappointments really shouldn't get in the way of that. Because, at the end of the day, you either play it or you don't. 

#513 CGeass

CGeass

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 05:36 PM

Mostly like a FS-ME Hybrid as my first character. Next an Sin, a BB Knight, and then maybe a forging blacksmith.

#514 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 26 November 2019 - 05:47 PM

A good way to avoid bots is to establish a community that frowns upon it. Find a way to only buy from legitimate vendors. Let the GMs do their jobs. I'm not saying to discount security concerns, but I feel those have already been addressed and echoed. I am more genuinely curious at what people are most excited about and what about RO:T grabs their interest! I haven't tried making a bow rogue from scratch in a long time and although it's not going to be like 2005, I am curious what will remain/change. Will I be killing floras/mandragoras/greatest generals/geographers or will I have to be more cautious in my leveling. Now that backstab actually faces the back of the mob, I won't have to figure out where the 'back' of a mi gao is @_@ (so many painful memories). I admit I don't know a lot about RO: Zero or RO: T, but if it's on any level as good as the RO DS game it'll be fine in my opinion. RO2 and RO2: 2 weren't my tea and neither was ReStart or any of the classic reboots. The success of the server relies just as much on our desire for it to succeed as it does iRO's ability to deliver. Our conditioned cynicism from a past of disappointments really shouldn't get in the way of that. Because, at the end of the day, you either play it or you don't. 

Community that hate bots is present but necessity is the mother of invention botting so we can't really stop people to do it. The only way to minimize it is a stricter rules and for the management to reaffirm their strong conviction to stop it at all cost. GMs should be conducting a daily checks on players or if warm bodies can't do it they can invest on AI.

#515 Midnight2DX

Midnight2DX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 10:05 PM

Re:start 2.0?

#516 havocstopper

havocstopper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 04:50 AM

I don't get why it keeps getting called Restart 2.0. The info in earlier posts show that it's more like RO Zero 2.0.

On the class discussion, I'm also considering going sin if venom splasher dmg is reworked and if there's crit on double attack

#517 Narue44

Narue44

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 27 November 2019 - 05:17 AM

I don't get why it keeps getting called Restart 2.0. The info in earlier posts show that it's more like RO Zero 2.0.

On the class discussion, I'm also considering going sin if venom splasher dmg is reworked and if there's crit on double attack

HAHA no. Literally nothing about the info provided shows anything about Zero. Do you even know what Zero is?

#518 Persever

Persever

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 05:38 AM

Hide information seems the core market for Iro. I'm wondering how could this work ...If you don't show your protuct how ppl can buy it.

#519 Essmikayl

Essmikayl

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 915 posts
  • Twitter:@bhismocabbage
  • Locationphone code +62
  • Server:Mayhem

Posted 27 November 2019 - 06:17 AM

crit on double attack was enabled at 2017 i think. check my post on thief class channel

#520 Paprikaa

Paprikaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 06:45 AM

Read the whole thread, specifically page 9, and you'll start to not get why would someone not call it re:start 2.0.
Campitor: "It is my understanding that most if not all of this content was not on Zero when it launched? However it seems to me that the vast majority of player feedback for the new server is, that players want these things specifically which means we have to push hard for them to come. What I will do is talk to my local director and we will build a strategy for trying to accelerate what we can from this list."
Campitor still has to "talk to his local director" to get the Zero exclusive stuff on the server that they now realized the community wants. If that doesn't mean that they, from the beginning, did not intend RT to have Zero mechanics/rebalance/etc at all; but, on the contrary,  only wanted another customized renewal-but-with-less-content server (therefore the "RE:Start 2.0" talk), then tell me what it means.

tl;dr: just read the whole thread. Specifically page 9. They wanted another RE:Start.

#521 CGeass

CGeass

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 07:28 AM

Can people really not read? Most of the Zero updates that people want, did not come at launch on Zero. They were updates. Campitor: “trying to accelerate what we can from this list.” if you read that and view it as “this server was never Zero to begin with”, then all of you cry babies have some serious English comprehension issues. Also listening to someone and their “sources” when they aren’t credible is retarded.

Edited by CGeass, 27 November 2019 - 07:32 AM.

#522 havocstopper

havocstopper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 07:41 AM

HAHA no. Literally nothing about the info provided shows anything about Zero. Do you even know what Zero is?

I do. There is Zero the browser game and Zero the updated server mechanics. I refer to the latter, which is nothing at all like Re:Start

To add, even if the changes are gradual, it doesnt change the fact that the final output will be very different from the RO we are familiar with. No need for name calling.

Edited by havocstopper, 27 November 2019 - 08:03 AM.

#523 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 27 November 2019 - 08:19 AM

The issue that people have is that our Renewal servers are currently at an outstanding 7-8 YEARS behind in updates. If this supposedly new server is going to be an RO:Zero server that's going to be given to us as vanilla and updated at the same pace, what's even the point? People would rather have the current version of RO:Zero instead of the beginning version because then we'll just be at the same outdated place as we are with the Renewal servers. There's no reason to think that kRO WON'T screw us with this supposed RO:Zero server when they're already doing so with our Renewal servers.

#524 xSwain

xSwain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 08:35 AM

It's impossible to know which server it will be. Earlier it was 100% re: start 2.0, so we started to complain and Campitor said that "The Studio" a.k.a Gravity could give the Zero server since it was already released on kRO and that they'll need some time to make plans after our feedback.
Now he said that the staff received the server build and it's in validation stage.

So, if it is re: start 2.0, why Gravity would give another build before the server release ? It would start with classic mechanic, that re: start already has, so no build would be needed until renewal.

If it is ro: Zero, which mechanics will be implemented at the start ? Gravity sent the updated patch or just the oldest one ?

No one knows, only thing we can do is wait for Campitor's news.

As the main class, i'll try a hunter as always, if it sucks like in almost every RO episode, monk.

Edited by xSwain, 27 November 2019 - 08:38 AM.

#525 RyderRag

RyderRag

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 08:38 AM

I do. There is Zero the browser game and Zero the updated server mechanics. I refer to the latter, which is nothing at all like Re:Start

To add, even if the changes are gradual, it doesnt change the fact that the final output will be very different from the RO we are familiar with. No need for name calling.

The problem is that it seems like most people are really excited about the rebalance/rework(besides the other new stuff/content), you yourself talked about the Bowling Bash and Venom Splasher. Why would we play a game that "eventually" will become the game that we actually want to play?  :hmm:

Another concern(specially from Re:start players) is about the anti-cheat measures, they want reassurance and clarification. According to the kro:zero notice posted by @Nenecchi - the goal of monster hunting is farm(we can level trough quests) - so bots can pretty easily break the new game design.

In short, everybody just want clear specs as with any product or service announced, so that they can conclude if it's a yay :ok:  or nay :ani_shy: .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users