RO Transcendence: Remove Asura Cooldown - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

RO Transcendence: Remove Asura Cooldown

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
61 replies to this topic

#51 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor

Posted 23 December 2019 - 06:26 PM

It would still be better to wait for the official kRO skills rebalance that includes multiple classes instead of rebalancing just 1 class and sparking outrage for other players that don't use that class

#52 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 23 December 2019 - 09:06 PM

It would still be better to wait for the official kRO skills rebalance that includes multiple classes instead of rebalancing just 1 class and sparking outrage for other players that don't use that class

Indeed, the game have always been centered in monks being the most relevant job that every setup goes around them, and some people want to keep it that way.

#53 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 24 December 2019 - 06:46 AM

Indeed, the game have always been centered in monks being the most relevant job that every setup goes around them, and some people want to keep it that way.

1. Currently on RO:T Knights are more overpowered than monks.

2. With monks being nerfed on RO:T you would definitely have to limit weight capacity (remove gym pass) and restrict the ability to get more pots without going to kafra in town (no kafra cards, potion boxes, etc.) because killing someone by burning all their pots is no longer a viable strategy like it was on vanilla-classic-RO. (we saw this problem on Restart with kafra cards and silvervine boxes being opened inside castles)

There simply is not enough damage to give monks the sp penalty post-Asura. This was a renewal change for 3rd classes with max level 150.... where damage output from other sources is not an issue. Anyone who understands the game on a fundamental level can understand why some renewal changes are not going to translate well into a pre trans lvl 99 environment. 

With that being said, even renewal WoE itself is a complete mess with no balance compared to classic pre-trans or trans. 

Edited by AaronP2W, 24 December 2019 - 07:17 AM.

#54 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 December 2019 - 03:28 PM

Played Classic WoE one time with Xellies, not really a fan of Classic but with the hammer, the Pally I used had an instant Sacrifice ... imagine with auto sacrifice ... lol?

There will never be a balance. Suggesting/Complaining about skills/classes is never ending. What you as players can do is to pick whatever you think is most powerful/broken. People always have to adjust and evolve. I didnt enjoy Classic WoE and WoE TE as to me, it's just a battle of pots. Whoever brought more pots won. The mistake was very forgiving and pace of WoE was very slow. 

Comparing Classic WoE to Renewal WoE is comparing an apple to an orange. To me, Renewal WoE was balanced and fun until many guilds quit due to Gioia event and now they've put Chaos on hiatus for 2 months lol. Anyway, Sura and SC often were brought up as most broken classes, even I agreed but then it turned out I played RG just fine and were able to kill known strong players of those classes. Its about finding strengths and weaknesses that you have. Sometimes you're just born/equipped less fortunate but you can always find your advantages to stand up to those strong people.

Asking for a specific treatment ie. Fist cooldown will only get other people to start asking for special treatments as well as some posts already mentioned.

#55 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 24 December 2019 - 05:43 PM

Played Classic WoE one time with Xellies, not really a fan of Classic but with the hammer, the Pally I used had an instant Sacrifice ... imagine with auto sacrifice ... lol?

I didnt enjoy Classic WoE and WoE TE as to me, it's just a battle of pots. Whoever brought more pots won. The mistake was very forgiving and pace of WoE was very slow. 

I'm sorry but this clearly shows you have no idea what you're talking about. Also a prime example of why the GM's will never know what the right thing to do is when they have to go through reading posts like yours. 

Edited by AaronP2W, 24 December 2019 - 05:44 PM.

#56 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 December 2019 - 06:25 PM

sure bro

#57 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 December 2019 - 06:53 PM

I played as monk for a long time and I can tell the possibly reason that makes monks stronger than it should be: Snap. The problem is not monks one-hitting Knights, is the ability to kill someone, cast a spiritual sphere and snap back to safety extremely fast. Want to balance monks without destroy the class ? Just make Snap depending on Fury to be used, so when monks jump inside enemy guild and kills someone, they need to cast all spheres > Fury > then snap back to safety.

This guy is probably one of the most unbiased Monk/Champ/Sura players. Snap ... Oh ... Snap ... 

I'm sorry but this clearly shows you have no idea what you're talking about. Also a prime example of why the GM's will never know what the right thing to do is when they have to go through reading posts like yours. 

You're not wrong. I already said I WoE'd once in Classic and it was pretty much like WoE TE to me. I think I've read one of your comments saying that WoE TE is pretty much Classic WoE without positives. Well, the only difference I did feel was that, Sacrifice in Classic didnt have FCT ... ??? Yeah??? I think this one was pretty much ... messed up and unbalanced. Sorry that I disagree with your opinions  :heh:  

#58 Windave

Windave

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 08:32 PM

Im confused as to why nerf Asura when it is already a super counterable skill (and very expensive on resources). Its just a dispel/absorb

Talking about snap, to have Snap and Maxed Asura as a Monk 99/50 you have to sacrifice every other skill, having tss and impact on level 3, making it very hard to level. That should be rewarded so, Snap is good and it should be

Edited by Windave, 24 December 2019 - 08:34 PM.

#59 Victoryblood

Victoryblood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 434 posts
  • Server:Whatever we got

Posted 25 December 2019 - 02:18 AM

So we need the mass skill balance and make sure blue potions/stat foods/kafra cards are not in the kafra shop.

Knight wars was boring, I miss the pre cast gfist conveyor belt. More variety, less bowling bash contest.

#60 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 25 December 2019 - 08:12 PM

Claiming this is a "rebalance" discussion but only saying "make my class more stronk than that other offensive class".
Even though people are walking around with a one-hit-KO skill. In a 1v1 scenario, you're still guaranteed a win against certain classes.
:v

If you really wanted to talk balance, you should instead be asking why one class is dominating the pvp-environment above all others.

Let's also not hide the fact that these changes will affect pvm.
It's not like monks don't dream about fisting every living being in rune midgard :heh:

Edited by ninJedi, 25 December 2019 - 09:07 PM.

#61 Windave

Windave

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 04:15 PM

Can we have any official statement on how will asura and cast time also will work? @Campitor

Want to do a monk but not sure how to build

#62 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 January 2020 - 04:23 PM

it will work as in renewal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic