March 18th Transcendence Maintenance - Page 3 - Ragnarok Transcendence Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

March 18th Transcendence Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
178 replies to this topic

#51 GFStorm

GFStorm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 March 2020 - 12:37 PM

A lot of people are stuck with the mentality of "it has always been like this so why should it change" when it comes to stat resets. The only people arguing against the addition to stat resets are the leechers who are part of guilds that just send their alchemist/BS to anolians with trappers so they can reach 99 in a couple of days and reap the rewards of being lazy and having someone else do the job for you, while at the same time saying they "worked hard for the brewer/forger". Maybe there are a couple people doing it at the painful and legit way of leeching from your homunculus, but for the most part you can just go to anolians and see people leeching left and right. If you want to be stuck with a system that keeps you stuck with a certain build unless you start on a fresh character good for you, grind (or leech from your friends) all you want, but don't take away the possibility from the rest that don't have extremes ammount of free time or friends to carry you through the game on ez mode.

this is where you are wrong, I have several characters, now I doubt you see me only leech
do not place all players because of some

#52 Oculon

Oculon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Poring

Posted 18 March 2020 - 12:38 PM

Nope, do not introduce stat resets.  I'm a whale and even I'm fully against this.

#53 SaltySailor

SaltySailor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 12:43 PM

THANK YOU!

• Adjusted Death Penalty from 3% to 1%

#54 SettlerofCatan

SettlerofCatan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 12:44 PM

Hey Genius, that's why you make a WoE build and still level it like every other person.  Did that with my Wizard and Sac Sader, got my ass in a party and killed stuff as best as I could.  You don't need a stat reset, you just need to stop being lazy.   

Again, i don't know how many times i have to say it, 

Not a woe player. just arguing for stat resets. 

I love how this makes me lazy.

#55 SaltySailor

SaltySailor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 12:45 PM

Just release trans and you can have your stat reset.

#56 Xejso

Xejso

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 12:54 PM

You have a very shallow thought about it. Does it mean that whenever I want to have a different construction in my character I need to create another character? Redefining Stats is not just about Alchemists and Blacksmiths but having the possibility to move to a new build if I get tired of playing with the one I started with. For example if I created an Agi/Crit knight and decide to switch to STR/VIT Lancer do I need to start another character with the same class? What is the logic of this?
The arguments here are only supported from a personal point of view because there is no logic behind them.

That is exactly what it means! I made 2 Assassin characters for this exact reason, the first one I made while leeching a brewer/vendor and support priest at the same time making it even slower to level my main, but worth it in the end. On top of that I wasn't leveling in optimal places, I was leveling in places for my PvM gears. You have to kill as many birds with one stone. There is nothing stopping anyone from doing the same. I'm also a full time student with a part time job so the time excuse people are using is kinda lame. The second assassin is  made specifically for WoE and is breezing through levels EZ mode. Just adapt to the current state of the game. Currently the game is pretty fun; I played chaos all the way till the end/introduction of RoT, and all the additions people asked for in that game ended up ruining the experience of the game even small quality of life additions. 

#57 Alyssa1

Alyssa1

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 01:09 PM

Any news on the Chick Hat, Ramen Hat and Tam implementation?

#58 Vythe22

Vythe22

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 01:11 PM

I created a whole new Alchemist after getting my first one to level 74 just to have a pure brewer. He is now Top10 Ranked on Poring Server (Magustus). Introducing Stat resets would make all the hard work I put into getting him to top 10 almost a complete waste. Stat resets really hit Brewer/Forger hard because they work extra hard just to have that build and be the one making your potions and weapons then with Stat resets some level 99 battle build can just come along and suddenly be better than you and they never had to even go through the blood and sweat of leveling with a pure build.

Soft resets can be OK

No Hard resets pls (with exception of trans when/if they come).
We put too much effort into making potions/weapons for our ranks to be taken away by some whale.

Edited by Vythe22, 18 March 2020 - 01:22 PM.

#59 rafaelsanna

rafaelsanna

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 01:14 PM

i still think there are too many bots, plz do something :/ sea otters have so many of then.
but still, i'm having a lot of fun on ROT, don't let bots pass free plz :).

#60 euphoria1

euphoria1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 01:30 PM

Third page and no complaints about bots?

Did you guys get tired to talk about them?

BAN ALL THE BOTS!

There are plenty of them in every single map.

#61 luxcas02

luxcas02

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 01:39 PM

Status reset is out of the question, it would be unfair to those who killed themselves to level pure potters and so on.

#62 Hardc0re

Hardc0re

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 01:39 PM

Stat resets are absolutely needed.

Woe builds are not leveling builds. 

Should have leveled with the WoE build

#63 Hardc0re

Hardc0re

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 01:41 PM

This is the easiest server in the history of iro to hit 99, you can leech yourself 90-99 in 5~ hours. 5 hours on original RO is 5-10% of 98. 

Damn, can you please teach me that? Because I spent 5 hours in a GH prison pt and only got 93 -> 95

#64 JillOfTrades

JillOfTrades

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts
  • Twitter:@JillofTradesLA
  • LocationLouisiana, USA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 March 2020 - 01:42 PM

This is why build swap should be a thing

#65 Grief Heart

Grief Heart

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 01:42 PM

All this talk about stat resets and the majority of people against a full reset are ok with a soft on. I am ok with soft reset but not a full reset as well.

All the people saying you can not level a WoE build do not know how to play. I really tried to find another way to say that, but it is pretty simple. If you want a WoE build you build your character for WoE, and find a group to level wi-- wait that was back when levels took forever this server is super easy to get your levels, I have never had such an easy time getting job 50 on all first jobs I have made, getting up to 80 without even having proper gear or weapons is -also- very easy. So what if you do not have gear or help or a lot of time, it might take 2 weeks to get you to 80. But I remember a time when i could grind for 2 weeks and i was no where close to 80, and that was WITH good gear and help from High Priests on my second computer. I used to have to own 2 computers to utilize 2 characters, now anyone can run 2 characters. Lastly I have never been the guy who blazes through their levels as I do not care as much, But this server is so fast it is hard not to.

Also I have 2 crusaders with different builds. If you love the class why would you want to reset it to something else, make another one!

#66 Hardc0re

Hardc0re

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 01:43 PM

Maybe there are a couple people doing it at the painful and legit way of leeching from your homunculus, but for the most part you can just go to anolians and see people leeching left and right. If you want to be stuck with a system that keeps you stuck with a certain build unless you start on a fresh character good for you, grind (or leech from your friends) all you want, but don't take away the possibility from the rest that don't have extremes ammount of free time or friends to carry you through the game on ez mode.

Well, nerfing Anolians' EXP would make more sense than add a stat reset

#67 Vythe22

Vythe22

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 01:44 PM

Third page and no complaints about bots?

Did you guys get tired to talk about them?

BAN ALL THE BOTS!

There are plenty of them in every single map.

I would like to point out that they are at least doing SOMETHING about the bots, which is a sign of hope in my eyes. You have to remember they are a limited staff taking on an Army of botters, it's not as easy of a task as many of you are led to believe.
I personally have noticed the botting problem isn't as bad as it's been in the past, so it's at least headed in the right Direction, I give Kudos for that.
The bots pile up more towards the end of the cycle ~ (before maintenance) probably because the staff is busy dealing with the server-side stuff during that time (technical issues etc). I don't see nearly as many for the first 48 hours after maintenance. (Take advantage of these times).

If all you do is complain and never give any Thanks for what they ARE doing than don't expect them to try very hard, or even at all.

#68 odeverde

odeverde

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 18 March 2020 - 01:52 PM

reset status for kafra points, zeny or quest plz. thank u

#69 monicako669

monicako669

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Server:Watching RT burn

Posted 18 March 2020 - 01:57 PM

Damn, can you please teach me that? Because I spent 5 hours in a GH prison pt and only got 93 -> 95

I would also like to know how can someone get to 99 in 5 hours. I guess he means leeching anolians with a trapper who is willing to take you through that, which goes to the original point I made about the stat reset: The people that benefit from the no stat reset are the guilds who want to bypass all the trouble of grinding for yourself or in the usual party spots (hodes-petites-GH prison) and go straight for the max lvl in anolians. Same thing with the brewers, because even if you add a reset right now it would not affect the top brewers and their ranked pots because they already have such a big lead, they would only get affected by it if they suddenly went afk for like a week, and even then you still need to gather the resourses to make said pots, in which case a guild would benefit even more with the current state. 

At most, I'd like to see some form of soft reset and see what happens, because I see here a lot of people with stockholm syndrome that think the rigid and outdated system is the way to go. There is a reason Ragnarok as an MMO couldn't keep up with the rest (even if the genre is dying), because it never changed a ton of things that they didn't update due to technology limitation, things which are possible now, like a global market board which I consider the bare MINIMUM any MMO should have, instead of a system that requires you to go city-hopping to check their respective boards.

#70 MihMaeBanares

MihMaeBanares

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationNYC
  • Server:Thor, Chaos and Poring

Posted 18 March 2020 - 02:03 PM

Im not a woe player, so it doesn't matter for me. 

Plus, what woe? woe isn't even on the server yet.

Just helping argue for stat resets, cause they're useful.

If you don't have the means to leech yourself, cause you're

1. poor and cant gear a 2nd class/account

2. busy with work/school

then you should have the ability to stat reset. 

A lot of people are stuck with the mentality of "it has always been like this so why should it change" when it comes to stat resets. The only people arguing against the addition to stat resets are the leechers who are part of guilds that just send their alchemist/BS to anolians with trappers so they can reach 99 in a couple of days and reap the rewards of being lazy and having someone else do the job for you, while at the same time saying they "worked hard for the brewer/forger". Maybe there are a couple people doing it at the painful and legit way of leeching from your homunculus, but for the most part you can just go to anolians and see people leeching left and right. If you want to be stuck with a system that keeps you stuck with a certain build unless you start on a fresh character good for you, grind (or leech from your friends) all you want, but don't take away the possibility from the rest that don't have extremes ammount of free time or friends to carry you through the game on ez mode.

Agree to both of this, weather they implement a stat reset or not or in any way they want to(cash shop or events or any..)it doesn't matter.

But for sure most of us will be willing to purchase if it will be in the cash shop anyway... Lol ^_^

#71 SaltySailor

SaltySailor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 02:05 PM

I would like to point out that they are at least doing SOMETHING about the bots, which is a sign of hope in my eyes. You have to remember they are a limited staff taking on an Army of botters, it's not as easy of a task as many of you are led to believe.
I personally have noticed the botting problem isn't as bad as it's been in the past, so it's at least headed in the right Direction, I give Kudos for that.
The bots pile up more towards the end of the cycle ~ (before maintenance) probably because the staff is busy dealing with the server-side stuff during that time (technical issues etc). I don't see nearly as many for the first 48 hours after maintenance. (Take advantage of these times).

If all you do is complain and never give any Thanks for what they ARE doing than don't expect them to try very hard, or even at all.

I respect your opinion, but I will say that staff could be doing more to counter the bot problem. As a GM you have many tools that you can use to detect abuse. For example, you can look a players login times, play time over a time period, log in/out/map change timeouts, player movement and patterns, number of characters per account, number of accounts per IP, MAC address lookup, GUID lookup, packet send/receive times, etc, etc, etc. The fact is that GMs are not IP banning and they are not looking at banned accounts trade/IP/MAC associations, this is a huge problem. When I see someone selling 20x of XYZ card, this is proof enough. The fact remains that there has been a bot on every single map that I've been too, and having 4 99s now; I've been to a lot of maps.

An IP BAN is not the solution to all problems, but it is a start.

#72 GFStorm

GFStorm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 02:11 PM

I agree, this server is great, heartfelt thanks for the server

I think there should be less complaints in some cases, some think it’s easy

what should we do in this topic and comment on the things that are being implemented and thank you for the management of this amazing server

#73 Jonathan

Jonathan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 02:13 PM

I know we have our problems but man...I having so much fun I cant really complain to much. I hope this becomes an end game experience that everyone can enjoy because this server despite its quirks, is amazing

#74 Lilp

Lilp

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Server:Loki Classic Server

Posted 18 March 2020 - 02:13 PM

I wonder what's going on with that EAC update to block bots. We still waiting on it, Camp.

#75 Jonathan

Jonathan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 02:15 PM

Anyone know if there are any good reference pages out there yet that are just for this server? Looking through endless pages of old content to try to find the pieces you need to do what your doing is a bit annoying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users