• Please log in to reply
432 replies to this topic

#376 FBKFBKFBK

FBKFBKFBK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 08:46 PM

Isn't it too late for them to do that? Is this already official?

https://forums.warpp...2020/?p=2993023

yea it is theres just no date for it

#377 Grante

Grante

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • LocationColombia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 March 2021 - 05:27 PM

Returning GX (Lv 150) here

Can I still follow this guide? or is there a better/newer one somewhere else?

Or it doesn't matter much as long as I get the Enforcer Shoes?

#378 6250140829153758463

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 March 2021 - 08:15 PM

Yes, you can still follow it, but keep in mind that this is an endgame build. All the equipment can be used while leveling before level 170. Old Bone Circlet can be equipped at level 170.

The only new relevant item since the guide was created is General Helm. At +13 it reduces fixed casting time by 0.3s, so you wouldn't need something that prevents cast interruption (Phen Card or Love Piece). Right now General Helm costs anywhere from 2.5B (+13) to 6B (+15) zeny. As Nirvanna stated in the description for Old Bone Circlet, using a Phen card is much cheaper and probably just as effective.

Edited by 6250140829153758463, 01 March 2021 - 08:18 PM.

#379 allastorm

allastorm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 June 2021 - 04:46 AM

Hey guys, Ive been working on my MA GX for a while now mostly using this guide. I'm at a point where I am pretty OP and only level 170, but would like some direction on where to go next to finish out my build. My goal is to use my GX primarily for doing MVP stuff and farming timed instances when I can. I spent most of my zeny on getting her to where she is now, but I do have a little left over and some items to sell if I need to. Realistically I have access to maybe 1b-2b if I really had to sell stuff fast to make money.

With that said, these are my current stats at 170 GX

Stats:

STR 120

AGI 114 (working on getting it to 120)

VIT 94

INT 1

DEX 3

LUK 96

Gear:

(For leveling I use a +9 Vanargand Helm and a +11 Malicious Thanatos Katar)

+9 Siegfried's Helmet (What are some good card options?)

Imperial Feather + Royal Guard Necklace

+11 Illusion Armor Type A (Best card for this? What are the best Modules for this armor for my build? Im overwhelmed by the options here and not sure what to look for or how much it will cost)

+11 Double Knight's Twin Edge FS7 (White Knight x2.... what is best for 3rd card? Is another WK best or is there something more effective? I have 4AK on offhand already)

Quadruple Liberation Main Gauche (Abysmal Knight x4)

+12 Phreeoni Wings (Best card? I am looking at Rockridge Cramp Card, thoughts?)

+7 Enforcer Shoes

Fenrir Chain (Phen Card)

PDM (Gold Scaraba Card)

For accessories I just really am using these as they are the best I have access to currently. I THINK I want to get a Giant's Protection (probably replace the Fenrir and put a Phen on it instead) but saving up for this currently. Also, should I stick with the PDM or replace it with something else? Can I use 2 Giant's Protection and is that a good idea or not? lol. I do also have a Jupiter's Ring on another char I could switch it over to if it would make sense.

Yes, I can do plenty of damage and I am grossly strong already but this was my first character EVER on iRO and I want to have fun with making her EXTRA lol.

TIA for all your help! <3

Edited by allastorm, 03 June 2021 - 04:49 AM.

#380 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1222 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 03 June 2021 - 05:16 AM

im no expert but my guess would be for you to either get ATK+STR gear for max dmg or cast + delay reduction to reach instacast (celine brooch type k set for example) and spam the skill, not sure if you can do both, 2 things about your current gears Enforcer shoes has 100% def bypass so you can ditch the PDM and your luk unless you have any other reason for that and you cant put any module into the illusion gears, armor has like 6 modules you can put into it, and just 2 that are actually good (ATK and Global Delay) ill leave the rest for the GX experts.

#381 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4113 posts

Posted 03 June 2021 - 05:20 AM

General Helm

#382 chiefkikahoe

chiefkikahoe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 03 June 2021 - 08:59 AM

If using General helm it would be better if at least +13 due to the fixed casting time of Meteor Assault is set at 0.25seconds. If General Helm isn't available to you, using Old Bone Circlet with Magic Essence level 3 will also help to remove the fixed casting time.

Armor cards depend on situation. Elemental cards such as Marc Card is a good one since Freeze sucks. Also a Bathory or Evil Druid Card helps in PVM. If looking for a general MVP card for armor I recommend for Restless dead card for the +20 attack bonus and preventing armor and weapon from being destroyed if you don’t have a alt for FCP.

Weapon if your going to stay two hand and your off hand has already has 4 AK then put another WK. if going to use a shield in the future then put a AK. In card stacking, size race element and boss work by multiplying percent vs adding all the same type of card that’s why some of people have Main Gauche[4] and Knife[4] with different cards for situations. If using a combo effect, they do not stack and only work once if you plan to use White Knight Card Combo.

Garment card, yes Rockridge Cramp card is best for offensive.
Deviling or Raydric for Defensive and survivability. Also having a swapped garment for a Flamel card for healing helps a lot and will save you zeny on pots during instances.

Accessory if you have instant cast you can get rid of Phen card. Good Equip options are Verus Core since your DEX is only 3. Jupiter Ring and Giants Protection are other good options. You can use PDM if you had High INT for the STR bonus, however there are better options. Cards depends on what you need. Again, More Offense probably Gold Scaraba or Gigantes Card. Defense is KBC

#383 allastorm

allastorm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 June 2021 - 06:42 AM

If using General helm it would be better if at least +13 due to the fixed casting time of Meteor Assault is set at 0.25seconds. If General Helm isn't available to you, using Old Bone Circlet with Magic Essence level 3 will also help to remove the fixed casting time.

Armor cards depend on situation. Elemental cards such as Marc Card is a good one since Freeze sucks. Also a Bathory or Evil Druid Card helps in PVM. If looking for a general MVP card for armor I recommend for Restless dead card for the +20 attack bonus and preventing armor and weapon from being destroyed if you don’t have a alt for FCP.

Weapon if your going to stay two hand and your off hand has already has 4 AK then put another WK. if going to use a shield in the future then put a AK. In card stacking, size race element and boss work by multiplying percent vs adding all the same type of card that’s why some of people have Main Gauche[4] and Knife[4] with different cards for situations. If using a combo effect, they do not stack and only work once if you plan to use White Knight Card Combo.

Garment card, yes Rockridge Cramp card is best for offensive.
Deviling or Raydric for Defensive and survivability. Also having a swapped garment for a Flamel card for healing helps a lot and will save you zeny on pots during instances.

Accessory if you have instant cast you can get rid of Phen card. Good Equip options are Verus Core since your DEX is only 3. Jupiter Ring and Giants Protection are other good options. You can use PDM if you had High INT for the STR bonus, however there are better options. Cards depends on what you need. Again, More Offense probably Gold Scaraba or Gigantes Card. Defense is KBC

Thanks so much for this info!

Sorry for the noob question here but... I don't understand how can I tell what my fixed casting time is / if I have instant cast? I have the phen card because before I did that I couldn't level giant mobs without getting hit. The sound/animation bar and whatnot always confuses me so to be safe I just have the phen.

I don't know anything about the Old Bone Circet but I did read lots of talk about this ME3. Im not sure how to get it or if I can buy and how much. How important is getting ME3? If I have a phen card is that irrelevant? 

Originally I was looking at Verus core but decided against since I have the Phreeoni +12, unless I am missing something I shouldnt need any more dex with that? 

General Helm seems really nice but too expensive for me at the moment a this point.

Also I tend to like the glass cannon type builds the best, kill so fast they dont have a chance to kill me so I tend to ignore defense items. Not sure how important that is to have in my build or if I can continue focusing on Attack cards. 

#384 chiefkikahoe

chiefkikahoe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 04 June 2021 - 09:24 AM

All skills have different amounts of Cast time which can broken down in two parts, Fixed Cast Time and Variable Cast Time. Meteor Assault has a Fixed cast time of 0.25 Seconds and a Variable Cast time of 0.25 Seconds. Fixed Cast time can only be reduced by Equipment, Cards and Certain Skills. Fixed cast time reductions are set in % or seconds however it only takes into account the highest % so stacking Fixed Cast percent isn’t possible but stacking Seconds does work. Variable Cast time is easier since can be reduced by Equipment, Cards, skills, and Stat Points and it can stack. Variable Cast Time= (DEX*2+INT) =530
If you have a cast bar while still using a skill you are at risk of your skill being interrupted which is where phen card comes in handy if you don’t have instant cast yet.

Old Bone circlet is an account bound headgear that can be obtained by the Nightmare Biolab Headgear Quest. Basically you trade in 20 or 100 Energy Fragments, a 1 or 5 Class Soul and the costume version of the Headgear you wish to make. it can be made either at a risk of failure or at 100% success for 5x the amount of materials needed. After Crafting comes the Enchanting Portion and upgrading it with Cursed Fragments which is the hardest part since the enchant received is Completely RNG and the level downgrades upon failure, if you don’t get the enchant you want they can be reset with Sentimental Fragments without chance of Destroying the item. Getting Magic Essence to Level 3 will reduce your Fixed Cast time by 0.3seconds making it easier to achieve instant Cast. Old Bone Circlet with ME3 isn’t a Necessary gear but it does help with making it easier to spam which increases your overall DPS. Phen Card is also a good option however it increases your cast time and takes up a card slot.

Using a Phreeoni Wing is perfect for low Dex builds but there are some MVPs that have Agi up that you will not be able to hit unless you have high Hit. Verus Core is great but not Necessary if your able to hit your target. You can just swap to Armor of Purple Thread or Fire Dragon Armor if you see you keep missing or you can use other Buffs that increase HIt.

Being a Glass Cannon can be great at majority of content however some endgame content might make you rethink that. Especially Biolab. Sword and Shield will survive longer and have smoother runs vs JDR/ Dual Swords in there.

#385 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 17 July 2021 - 01:13 AM

For those who can't afford JDR is the ruff hat+Thanatos Katar a viable option? Or is ruff hat used for something else

#386 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2145 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 17 July 2021 - 06:51 AM

use ruff with crimson katar (holy)
you dont really get alot out of the eatk bonus from the combo.
unless your intend is to use Thanatos katar for leveling in the first place.
then again, thanatos dagger + solar sword serve you better

#387 NihonHikikomoriK

NihonHikikomoriK

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 17 July 2021 - 07:49 PM

Looking to get back in to this game and need a rec on gear. Reusable gear that i could use on the GX would only be all the dresses abyss,nature,etc and zeny that can be spent is 8b. What items should i get for MA GX?

#388 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 17 July 2021 - 11:11 PM

anything that works for any other gx build will work for MA

#389 bayuazni

bayuazni

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 October 2021 - 10:09 AM

Halo… im just got back to the game 4 days ago… and MA Is amazing now… im level 104. Any suggestions for MA build without enforcer shoes? Since its too expensive to get

#390 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 07 October 2021 - 06:51 PM

Halo… im just got back to the game 4 days ago… and MA Is amazing now… im level 104. Any suggestions for MA build without enforcer shoes? Since its too expensive to get

Just don't use the shoes

#391 losveratos

losveratos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 October 2021 - 10:03 PM

I took a year or so off the game and when I got back I noticed that Star Eyepatch finally released. So I took my Orc Hero out, dusted it off and put it in one. I've been testing it out, seems good. Quite suitable for Meteor Assault and possibly best in slot for some areas of the game. (Feels pretty good in Biolabs for instance)

Usually I would run all the tests myself and figure out my new stats configuration over a few weeks but I kinda want to just get back to killing stuff with it as efficiently as possible.

Has anyone worked out the new stat distribution and gear changes at level 175 using the Star Eyepatch? I was thinking something like route 1 but swapping Agi <-> Vit to get it to 120 but haven't actually tested that against other configs yet. Hoping someone already has some of the optimization worked out. Perhaps even it's just not as good as other options after all.

Any numbers or best guesses available? I tried searching the forums for discussions on the item but came up empty. (Maybe I'm just not searching the right words though.)

#392 losveratos

losveratos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 08 October 2021 - 08:23 AM

Ok, I did a bit of testing myself with 120vit and 125vit. I like the flexibility. A few things I enjoyed....

I can avoid a phen card and instead use Love Piece. Not increasing the casting time of skills is sweet. 

If I still want to use phen, I could instead switch over to Tengu Scroll for additional sustain in some situations.

Opening the lower slot gives you some interesting choices. I'll have to consider/try more.

I like that I can reach 100 Hard MDEF with 125vit. As well as nearly 1000 Hard DEF. The additional HP helps too. Overall, a much less squishier character. Some MVPs that I used to kite/dance more, I can now be more aggressive.

Oh and the 100 Hard MDEF gives you alternatives to freeze protection armor in some situations which I have yet to fully explore but could yield something interesting as well. Stone Curse also I believe.

So far, some encounters I feel that I have less damage but in others it seems about equal to previous or maybe slightly better. In all situations though, I have a better chance of avoiding unexpected death. 

I'm liking it... but ultimately its more of the same. Nice to have a new option though.

P.S. Nothing here is scientifically objectively 100% accurate. I mostly eyeballed stuff while I messed around with some MVPing/Mob Slaying/Instance Clearing.

Edited by losveratos, 08 October 2021 - 08:53 AM.

#393 Orthogon

Orthogon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 08 October 2021 - 11:37 PM

I like that I can reach 100 Hard MDEF with 125vit. As well as nearly 1000 Hard DEF. The additional HP helps too. Overall, a much less squishier character. Some MVPs that I used to kite/dance more, I can now be more aggressive.

Oh and the 100 Hard MDEF gives you alternatives to freeze protection armor in some situations which I have yet to fully explore but could yield something interesting as well. Stone Curse also I believe.

Is this with Jupiter Ring as second accessory? I didn't notice that there is any mdef boost from star eyepatch/orc hero, so couldn't tell if this was something missing from set description or if this is secondary benefit that comes from the stat choice, allowing to use Jupiter Ring for this purpose.

#394 losveratos

losveratos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 October 2021 - 10:08 AM

Is this with Jupiter Ring as second accessory? I didn't notice that there is any mdef boost from star eyepatch/orc hero, so couldn't tell if this was something missing from set description or if this is secondary benefit that comes from the stat choice, allowing to use Jupiter Ring for this purpose.

Yeah. Having the ability to go 125vit because of the bonus damage from the Star Eyepatch opens up that option to use a Jupiter. Jupiter+Eyepatch bonkers defensively while not giving up a massive amount offensively.

Well… so far anyways. I’ve only tested a bit more today because I was busy with other life stuff. It’s possible I’m missing a line that offers considerably more damage if you don’t go this direction. I just haven’t thought of it/tried it yet.

#395 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 15 October 2021 - 01:28 PM

why go with phen card? are you using one of the new headgears that provide Instant MA cast?

#396 FishDeity

FishDeity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 535 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 15 October 2021 - 07:44 PM

why go with phen card? are you using one of the new headgears that provide Instant MA cast?

guide was written before some headgears (Ruff Officer, General Helmet) were released. On a side note, phen card could be helpful if you don't have a new headgear yet or against monsters that cast Slow Cast

#397 NihonHikikomoriK

NihonHikikomoriK

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 03:00 PM

Assuming i wanted to copy this item build

-IRO- Guillotine Cross Meteor Assault Biolab5 (NO Mvp Card) - YouTube

What stats would i go to best make use of Sera Coro and Guardian Soul? 

#398 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 03:25 AM

Does bloody dress, Celine dress or little garden change anything?

Sorry for newb questions, I login once a month and play for a half hour lol. Just enough time to shop and run some instances :P

#399 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2145 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 20 November 2021 - 03:32 AM

little garden does, others not.
pair with roj, give you some nice damage

but honestly it wouldn't matter if you need perfect hit.

#400 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts

Posted 22 December 2021 - 04:44 PM

I know this is old but you really know your stuff. Just wondering, for route 1, why do you have dex 3 at all? Just remainder?

If you use little garden...would you use jinn Marin for lower headgear?

Also, wouldn't jupiter ring be far superior to PDM or dog tag (if you don't have JDR)?

Lastly, wouldn't you opt for rockridge cramp card over wakwak for 36 extra atk?

Thanks!!

If you have any suggestions for headgear (I use +14 ruff hat) or a card for a headgear, I'd be very curious to know! Take care!

Edited by Ultimate, 22 December 2021 - 05:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users