[RT] Mvp body armors should have enchants - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

[RT] Mvp body armors should have enchants

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
78 replies to this topic

#26 YuyaFungami

YuyaFungami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 287 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 01 July 2020 - 02:19 PM

Currently a 100sp Muffler is = to a +8 Nid Garb(Unenchanted) How is that anyway balanced or are people going to want to sink hours and millions of zeny into killing Nid, when they can just bot FF?

#27 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 July 2020 - 02:32 PM

I could say you're arguing for FF armour to be better than MvP gear because you'd like to continue botting away at FF to keep your profits high. For how much you seem to argue against bots on this forum, I'd think that a suggestion to curb how much power bots can provide would be a good one.

There should never be a situation where a level 50 bottable dungeon drops better gear than a boss that takes 10+ people to party up and kill.

Edited by Hrishi, 01 July 2020 - 02:39 PM.

#28 1299150619045824270

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1272 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 03:20 PM

I could say you're arguing for FF armour to be better than MvP gear because you'd like to continue botting away at FF to keep your profits high. For how much you seem to argue against bots on this forum, I'd think that a suggestion to curb how much power bots can provide would be a good one.

There should never be a situation where a level 50 bottable dungeon drops better gear than a boss that takes 10+ people to party up and kill.

*snip* I do not bot. And there is no way you would put an enchanted boss armor garments without breaking the game. The FF armor and garments are there to counter the enchanted MVP weapon drops. It's just the way it is. All I am saying is that, you can't just beg your way to get this implemented, it has to be reviewed carefully, it can't be just straight slap FF enchants on MVP drops.

The matter is, you're going upstairs each level of difficulty in FF till you can reach the valk Equips with enchant, thats why you need to farm Orcs dun to go farm some itens in Einbech Mines to upgrade your alt+q to farm in Abyss easily and finally  be able to farm those MVP High-tier equips

and saying that you dont want to get the stronger equips from the stronger monsters its completely a nonsense purpose, why they would even put updates in the game to put stronger mobs with stronger gears?

Again, not saying that. But I did say that not all MVP drops are meant to be more OP than FF drops. So why do we even have FF if these are all going to be mediocre anyway, why would I spend fever fields drops, then just use normal monster drops then straight to MVP drops. FF drops has enchant yes, but that's about it. While MVP drops has its own unique use. 

*snip*

Edited by CMAstra, 02 July 2020 - 02:14 PM.
Watch your language.

#29 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 01 July 2020 - 04:08 PM

*snip* Valk Randris trash? Not here, we don't have GTB here.

What would valk gear be used for without enchants? (other than niche uses of reflect on the mant)

How is GTB related to this?

Edited by CMAstra, 02 July 2020 - 02:13 PM.

#30 1299150619045824270

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1272 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 04:33 PM

What would valk gear be used for without enchants? (other than niche uses of reflect on the mant)

How is GTB related to this?

It's the dispell I was referring to related to GTB. 

50% resist to Stun and silence is niche? lol using this armor you can already adjust your stats to lower vit. What are you talking about? 

It's plain and simple, you can't have everything in one gear. That is what I like in RO, there is always a counter to everything. 

So if you put all this together in one gear, it will be pretty much imbalance and game broken. This is a NO NO NO situation. 

Edited by 1299150619045824270, 01 July 2020 - 04:38 PM.

#31 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 04:47 PM

It's the dispell I was referring to related to GTB. 

50% resist to Stun and silence is niche? lol using this armor you can already adjust your stats to lower vit. What are you talking about? 

It's plain and simple, you can't have everything in one gear. That is what I like in RO, there is always a counter to everything. 

So if you put all this together in one gear, it will be pretty much imbalance and game broken. This is a NO NO NO situation. 

What would you use 50% stun resist or 50% silence resist for? 

Stun resist is almost useless without 100% stun resist since it doesn't reduce stun duration, and I don't think low vit stun immune builds will ever be meta with these mechanics. 

When is a valk armor ever more useful than +20% element or +100 defense?

What use do valk shoes have?

Edited by AaronP2W, 01 July 2020 - 04:48 PM.

#32 1299150619045824270

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1272 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 05:02 PM

What would you use 50% stun resist or 50% silence resist for? 

Stun resist is almost useless without 100% stun resist since it doesn't reduce stun duration, and I don't think low vit stun immune builds will ever be meta with these mechanics. 

When is a valk armor ever more useful than +20% element or +100 defense?

What use do valk shoes have?

Haha, what would you use 50% stun resist for? LMAO I rest my case.

#33 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 July 2020 - 05:12 PM

Haha, what would you use 50% stun resist for? LMAO I rest my case.

I hope you are aware that 50% stun resistance does not stack additively with VIT-based stun resistance. So you do not become stun immune with 50 VIT and 50% Stun Resistance. You need either 100 VIT or 100% Stun Resistance to become immune. So you cannot lower your VIT when you gain 50% stun resistance. 50 VIT and 50% Stun Resistance actually only provides you 75% Stun Resistance and Stun Duration is the same as if you have 50 VIT.

But I'm sure I'm wasting my time posting responses here.

Edited by Hrishi, 01 July 2020 - 05:18 PM.

#34 YuyaFungami

YuyaFungami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 287 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 01 July 2020 - 05:31 PM

Guy doesn't know how it works no bully :heh:

#35 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 01 July 2020 - 06:31 PM

Stun resist is already covered. As for silence resist. Two words. Green Potions. If it was really a big deal, Marduk Card.

Also, GTB was in response to Dispel from Randgris Card? I'm really trying not to sound condescending here, but what servers have you been playing on that the norm is to use GTB to counter Randgris. It sounds like some 199 aspd private server meta, or maybe one of those old and now dead official servers that had MvP cards in the cash shop.

#36 1299150619045824270

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1272 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 01:52 AM

I hope you are aware that 50% stun resistance does not stack additively with VIT-based stun resistance. So you do not become stun immune with 50 VIT and 50% Stun Resistance. You need either 100 VIT or 100% Stun Resistance to become immune. So you cannot lower your VIT when you gain 50% stun resistance. 50 VIT and 50% Stun Resistance actually only provides you 75% Stun Resistance and Stun Duration is the same as if you have 50 VIT.

But I'm sure I'm wasting my time posting responses here.

OFC I am aware, where did I say that it will be 100% immune to stun? What I am saying is so lets say a assassin have 30 vit like my crit build, so there is 70 points left to be immune, with 50% resists it will go down to only 35points so thats not a huge difference??? with this armor I am now 65% immune to stun. 

Guy doesn't know how it works no bully :heh:

hahaha dont make me laugh I sure know more about mechanics of this game than you

Stun resist is already covered. As for silence resist. Two words. Green Potions. If it was really a big deal, Marduk Card.

Also, GTB was in response to Dispel from Randgris Card? I'm really trying not to sound condescending here, but what servers have you been playing on that the norm is to use GTB to counter Randgris. It sounds like some 199 aspd private server meta, or maybe one of those old and now dead official servers that had MvP cards in the cash shop.

HAHAHAHA cover it up how ever you want it, but truth stays the same. NOT all mvp drops are OP. 

Are you guys blind! LOOK at GTB no good drop at all...so asking me what to do with Valkyrie Randris which is very difficult to kill then no reward on Valk set??? 

LEAVE VALKYRIE ALONE then just as you leave GTB alone because there is no reason at all for that MVP. 

Do the other MVPS...Yeah try Diabolus Armor later, because that is 150sp and yea no need to roll, its guaranteed 150sp.

You guys are dumb if you really think this will get implemented. This will break the game and you'll find yourself the only ones in this server pretty immediately once this gets implemented. 

I trust that more knowledgeable people that I consider to know the game better will say NO to this. 

#37 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 04:00 AM

OFC I am aware, where did I say that it will be 100% immune to stun? What I am saying is so lets say a assassin have 30 vit like my crit build, so there is 70 points left to be immune, with 50% resists it will go down to only 35points so thats not a huge difference??? with this armor I am now 65% immune to stun. 

that's not how it works

#38 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 02 July 2020 - 04:28 AM

we've killed a total of 27 bio mvps so far, it spawns every 100min +30min variance and it takes awhile to kill. with all those mvps we've killed, all the weapons we got have crappy enchants and is not as farmable like orc dungeon fiver fields.

now imagine a valk randgris that spawns every 8hours and its pretty hard to kill and prolly will cost alot of supplies. the max u can kill is 2 a day cosidering it takes time to kill. so in a week u prolly can kill around 15-18valk max. valk armors is not 100% and if it does drop, imagine getting a luk+1 / 13%poison resist valk armors. some people here really overestimating the drops on enchanted armors because orc fiver fields really drop them like candy because of the spawns and is easily farmable.

valk card is trash, no1 is gonna auto attack in woe just to dispell. come on, is 2020, how does people still doesnt know that gear status resist doesnt stack with your stats? just add these enchant and make mvp meaningful than botting fiver fields

#39 1299150619045824270

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1272 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 05:41 AM

we've killed a total of 27 bio mvps so far, it spawns every 100min +30min variance and it takes awhile to kill. with all those mvps we've killed, all the weapons we got have crappy enchants and is not as farmable like orc dungeon fiver fields.

now imagine a valk randgris that spawns every 8hours and its pretty hard to kill and prolly will cost alot of supplies. the max u can kill is 2 a day cosidering it takes time to kill. so in a week u prolly can kill around 15-18valk max. valk armors is not 100% and if it does drop, imagine getting a luk+1 / 13%poison resist valk armors. some people here really overestimating the drops on enchanted armors because orc fiver fields really drop them like candy because of the spawns and is easily farmable.

valk card is trash, no1 is gonna auto attack in woe just to dispell. come on, is 2020, how does people still doesnt know that gear status resist doesnt stack with your stats? just add these enchant and make mvp meaningful than botting fiver fields

noone is forcing you to kill it.

So just because you want to kill it with your guild to get enchanted mvp gears means you get license to break the game? Pfffttt

You can leave it alone because it doesn’t drop anything thats worthy. Just like GTB .

You just want to gain another advantage since you and your friends who got no job but to play RO gets rewarded by demanding adding enchants on armors and garments shoes on MvPs even if it’ll break the balance. You don’t care because you’re pretty sure you will monopolize it.

NO this is absurd, this can’t happen. Weapons from MvP with enchant is enough.

Edited by 1299150619045824270, 02 July 2020 - 05:44 AM.

#40 1299150619045824270

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1272 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 05:46 AM

that's not how it works

Haha really, the other guy just said the same thing.

Do you know how flat and % FCT works? Its same as Flat Stun and % stun resist works. Lmao check your facts straight.

#41 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 05:46 AM

noone is forcing you to kill it.

So just because you want to kill it with your guild to get enchanted mvp gears means you get license to break the game? Pfffttt

Can you explain to me the difference between a valk armor with 15% neutral reduction vs. a coat with 15% neutral reduction on this server compared to a valk armor with no enchants vs. a coat with no enchants on a server without enchants?

Adding enchants to mvp gear only keeps it consistent with how the game has always been. If enchants are not added to mvp gear, then 80% of mvp gear becomes useless; it does not make sense to have hardest mvps/pvm end-game content drop useless gear.

It wouldn't make the gear any better than it ever was. The only difference is good enchants on mvp gear will be extremely rare, and fever field gear will still be better 90% of the time. 

The only thing it would break is your logic, because your logic is flawed. 

Edited by AaronP2W, 02 July 2020 - 05:48 AM.

#42 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 05:53 AM

Haha really, the other guy just said the same thing.

Do you know how flat and % FCT works? Its same as Flat Stun and % stun resist works. Lmao check your facts straight.

I'm not sure if you're ignorant, trolling, or there's a huge language barrier here, but nothing you say makes sense. 

#43 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 05:56 AM

You’re can’t comprehend? Not ALL mvp drops are meant to be better than other FF drops or normal monster drops. You can’t accept this fact???

Can you explain to me the difference between a valk armor with 15% neutral reduction vs. a coat with 15% neutral reduction on this server compared to a valk armor with no enchants vs. a coat with no enchants on a server without enchants? (HINT: the valk armor is equally better than the coat in both scenarios)

Please stay on topic, your posts keep bringing up things irrelevant to the topic we are discussing. 

Edited by AaronP2W, 02 July 2020 - 06:04 AM.

#44 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 06:45 AM

Valk armor has higher defense, 50% stun resist, 50% silence, all stat +1 and with set another all stat +1 while coat has lower defense and nothing.

Add 15% neutral for both its the same difference.

Exactly my point. If mvp gear has the same opportunity (as fever fields) for enchants then the difference between mvp gear and regular gear is the same as it has been on every other RO server in the last 15 years (that do not have enchants on any gear). 

For some reason all weapons have enchants but equipment does not. By the same reasoning, it would be ridiculous if MVP weapons had 0 enchants, but they do and no one is complaining about that. 

If MVP weapons did not have enchants I don't think any of them would be used. For example, a Pike[4] with enchants is better than a Pole Axe[1] without enchants.

The MVP body armors, shoes, and garment do not necessarily need the same enchant table as fever fields, but they do need some sort of enchants to keep them on par with this server's settings. 

Edited by AaronP2W, 02 July 2020 - 07:04 AM.

#45 1299150619045824270

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1272 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 07:20 AM

Exactly my point. If mvp gear has the same opportunity (as fever fields) for enchants then the difference between mvp gear and regular gear is the same as it has been on every other RO server in the last 15 years (that do not have enchants on any gear).

For some reason all weapons have enchants but equipment does not. By the same reasoning, it would be ridiculous if MVP weapons had 0 enchants, but they do and no one is complaining about that.
If MVP weapons did not have enchants I don't think any of them would be used. For example, a Pike[4] with enchants is better than a Pole Axe[1] without enchants.

The MVP body armors, shoes, and garment do not necessarily need the same enchant table as fever fields, but they do need some sort of enchants to keep them on par with this server's settings.

1.) Exactly my point, if we are going to enchant MVP drops armor shows garments, then it doesn’t make sense at all why put FF drops??? We should just stick to Coat vs Valk Armor.

2.) Weapons have enchants and we got fever fields to counter that.

3.) I still do not agree with this as I said, these MVP drops can be used for some application. I mean example is that MVPing with Knight or Rogue, I would use Valk Armor than a coat with atk or defense if fighting mvp that had stun skills or monsters with stun effect. Diabolus Robe has 150sp already 10% delay reducts, with set bonus atk diabolus ring, higher defense than a coat, has mdef5. It is insane for people to think this armor should get any enchant. Right now monks does already over 200k asura because of these FF shoes and garments. Ghostring and Deviling will be useless when these gears becomes the norms. Its absolute imbalance fastest way to kick players away kill the server.

FF are there to compensate the OP weapons that MVP drops.

Anyway, I will rest my case here. And I am really confident this will not happen. Unless Warpportal wants to kill the server fast.

#46 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 07:35 AM

1. What's the difference between someone using a Diabolus Robe[1] vs. Coat[1] on any RO server? 

The Diabolus Robe[1] has +15 defense, +5 magic defense, +150 SP, reduces after cast delay by 10%, increases effectiveness of Healing skill by 6%.

2. What's the difference between someone using a Diabolus Robe (enchant +80 SP) vs. Coat[1] (enchant +80 SP) on this server? 

The Diabolus Robe[1] has +15 defense, +5 magic defense, +150 SP, reduces after cast delay by 10%, increases effectiveness of Healing skill by 6%.

Edited by AaronP2W, 02 July 2020 - 07:35 AM.

#47 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 07:54 AM

im pretty sure this server made FF not because not every1 can hunt mvps. they made FF because is a feature in game.

so how about woe? not every1 can woe, why should woe treasure has enchant on all armor/shoes/garment/weapons?

#48 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 07:56 AM

Haha you still didn’t get the point, damn it’s this hard for you to get it?

I do understand your point, I just don't agree with you and that's okay.

My point is the advantages on MVP gear should remain equal to what they always have been, and you're saying mvp gear should be worse. People can decide what they believe is best.

I haven't made $1 playing RO, I don't play RO to make money, so you can calm down with the false accusations  :rolleyes:

Edited by AaronP2W, 02 July 2020 - 07:59 AM.

#49 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 08:10 AM

Worse? Are you dumb? How is 50% stun resist worse than a neutral % armor vs some mvps with stun skill?

Oh yeah you could say that just like you said p2w does not bot, then you really are dumb if you believe noone bots in your guild hahaha

Your point is OLD. These are new and it’s a result of 18yrs of RO history.

Your point is like saying lets go back to ice age.

may i ask which mvp that a swordman/thief/merchant, thats gonna stun u that u will value 50% stun resist than 20% neutral? im pretty sure u wont be soloing high lvl mvps, since those mvps gonna hurt alot if u are choosing stun proof over neutral. and if u are mvping on a knight soloing a random mvps thats under lvl 109, why wouldnt u have high vit for the stun resist anyways?

can u tell us who in p2w bots?

you always talk about balance, but u are asking for safe certs, kafra shop sp items, and to stop botters, but then if u look at FF right now, its heavily botted lmao

Edited by ElenaGilbert, 02 July 2020 - 08:12 AM.

#50 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 08:18 AM

Haha another dummy, so what if not anyone can WOE? Does every member pick up castle loot???

IQ level 10000+

So you are saying what exactly? You can't kill MVPs so you feel those gears shouldn't be good? You don't farm zeny so you cant afford to buy high end gears?

-_- it lets just have porings drop valk shields and the card be a tao effect so this kid can stop QQing on forums and we can all move on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users