[RT] Mvp body armors should have enchants - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

[RT] Mvp body armors should have enchants

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
78 replies to this topic

#76 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 02 July 2020 - 02:53 PM

All of Randgris' drops are going to be niche at best.

Diabolus Armor is probably awful, though that's not a big change from when it was first implemented. Diabolus boots will be niche at best. The robe is probably the only useful thing Morroc drops anymore.

But the issue I have isn't really about MVPs not being worth doing, it's about armors not being worth picking up. Like, I can just go through the database, looking at Armor slot only, and how many do you think I'm going to find that anyone would bother using? (If you're curious, I found 5 could be useful without options, add another 4 if you include the slotted elemental armors that have not been implemented despite Hugel being added....out of 91 results)

The strongest classes are always going to get stronger with any change. That's no excuse to cut everyone else off at the knees. Unless you want to have targeted gear releases to buff only the weaker classes, which while I'm not particularly against, clearly seems to be beyond Warp Portal's capabilities at the moment.

#77 shrikarash

shrikarash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 02 July 2020 - 05:17 PM

But the issue I have isn't really about MVPs not being worth doing, it's about armors not being worth picking up. Like, I can just go through the database, looking at Armor slot only, and how many do you think I'm going to find that anyone would bother using? (If you're curious, I found 5 could be useful without options, add another 4 if you include the slotted elemental armors that have not been implemented despite Hugel being added....out of 91 results)

The strongest classes are always going to get stronger with any change. That's no excuse to cut everyone else off at the knees. Unless you want to have targeted gear releases to buff only the weaker classes, which while I'm not particularly against, clearly seems to be beyond Warp Portal's capabilities at the moment.

I agree valk armors definitely not as good as before when compared to newly available armors. But that's literally it.

Even that diabolus armor isn't complete trash. It's a high defense slotted Armor gives 150 hp, 2 str 1 Dex and also gives slight DMG boost when compared to DMG when used as a combo. Definitely not a complete trash atleast. It's a bit of everything. But either way every other drop of Satan morocc is great.

(I totally forgot about dark bacillum. Can reach 40% stun immunity with it. Making slotted mids not even required for 100% gear based stun immunity).

As you have seen there really aren't more than 2-3 drops that would benefit from this change which aren't already benefiting.

Widening class gap is never good in a competitive environment. In woes case you're massively boosting DMG while ensuring DMG classes are also all having good hp/sp boosts. Monks fists seems not a big deal now. Wait until trans hits and zen is out. More dmg while not sacrificing anything. Just adding sp enchants to drop is insane. We're talking about +250-300 sp from boots and shoes and 7% sp boost from Armor. Apart from a total of 8 int or str. That's nearly extra 500 sp (without considering any bonus from the gear itself) which is a massive boost to GFist dmg. Similarly skills with extremely huge modifiers like acid bomb and SinXs gain huge boost. You're essentially increasing overall offensive capacity of already strong classes while adding no further reductions all while the attacker sacrifices nothing. The reduction option on the Armor will only decrease the acid bomb DMG which another option probably increased.

Stun immunity without vit seems like joke atm. But will definitely be a thing when trans is here. So people don't get destroyed by acid bomb but continue to be stun immune. Where valk armor is a necessity.

As for armors not being pickable idk what to say. There are so many things that are not pickable in game. So many weapons as well. And some weapons dropped by MVPs will eventually become completely worthless that you stop picking em up. That's not reason to add this change. If MVP drops all gain stats they will become the new BiS gear that will render everything below it useles. That's how every gear is.

One quick look at MVP drops shows that almost every MVP has atleast one drop that makes it worth killing. That's all the incentive you need.

Idk if zero does implement this in a way that every Armor dropped from MVPs has options. If that's the case then I take back everything I said. Simply because I believe that they have thought it through and changed many things accordingly to compensate for any disruption. But if not I don't see the necessity to make one MVP more worthwhile farming. If it still seems useless even after trans hitting then maybe you can individually look at it.

I'm not trying to be a contrarian and have only tried to logically see the point of this addition. Let's wait until the content is here first and then ask this question again. Maybe I'll be up for it as well

Edited by shrikarash, 02 July 2020 - 06:17 PM.

#78 Glonfel2

Glonfel2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Server:Poring

Posted 02 July 2020 - 07:48 PM

Just let the game follow the mechanics, soon the Gears from mvps will also have enchants, #peace

#79 YuyaFungami

YuyaFungami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 287 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 05 July 2020 - 09:05 PM

So, lets get implimented thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users