1)Once again. Why are you people so impatient to change stuff that aren't even in the game yet. You want them to make so many changes when the normal stuff aren't fixed yet.
2)100% item based stun resistance is possible. Stalactic Golem Card + Gemini S-58 card + Valk armour. It's the perfect combo for agi characters that cant spare stat points for vit. Before you say slotted mid Headgears don't exist in the game I'll say even valk armor doesn't. And slotted mids will very likely be introduced as well.
3)I agree too much de valuation of MVP stuff isn't good. But so is devaluation of castle loots. It's rarity can at times fund guilds. Trying to validate every MVP drop will devaluate castle loots which are used more for a collective gain than individual benefit. And also makes woeing rewarding enough to keep server alive.
4) Valkyrie Randgris Card is still very useful. You forget it also adds 10% atk. Sure not same as Turtle general card but great for SinXs. You might ignore it now but when trans hits SinX auto attacks are a thing.
5) Devalued MVP loots aren't new. Even without fever fields addition RO has devalued lot of MVP drops with content progression and also introduction of extra stuff by warpportals intervention. Every MVP drop doesn't have to be useful. There are still many MVPs that drop stuff to make it an incentive to farm it over fever fields loot. And just as many that don't have it as well. Broccas Combat Knives are great even without stats. Better with stats. But those same bio MVPs drop trash weapons that are not as good even with drops. Armors dropped by high level MVPs are good enough without any options.
Valk Armor is all stats +1, possible to reach 100% stun resistance and also most importantly unbreakable. Valkyrie Manteau is still great for its reflect.
Diabolus gear are all good for many purposes.
FF drops won't ever be able to compete with niddhogur shadow garbs. 7% all property reductions, sp leech and Max SP bonus greater than the best FF drops.
Holy Robes are better than fever field armors in their domain already. It's a race + element reduction that usually come in pair.
Variant shoes are so good that they will be relevant for a long time to come.
Thanatos morrigane manteau and bloodied shackle ball are still great.
Obviously not every MVP gear would be better than fever field. But that also goes with pre FF servers where many MVP drops are just as useless. And don't compare the best of FF drops to MVP drops. Getting the best enchants has a very low probability already. And it's prices match with that rarity. Someone who got lucky with something that's that low in probability deserves to be atleast close to the higher drop rate armors from MVPs. People don't stop MVPing because theres incentive in most MVP cards.
No matter what stats and options gears have they're still slotted making MVP cards just as valuable as ever. And even more so for some cards due to the mechanics and it's combination with the options.
6) Sure hunting high level maps isn't supply friendly. Makes you pissed if loots don't pay off. But your talking about MVPs that aren't in yet using current environment. You forget that we have ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE what this server has planned. Trans class is an immense boost to individual and collective potential that will already cut your supply usage immensely. If there's a level limit increase that's another. New gears? That's another.
7) I just looked at every MVP yet to be added. I don't see why you're worried about incentive to farm it. Every damn MVP either has amazing weapon drops, dope accessories, armors relevant for special situations or cards that are insanely good to compensate for everything else. Randgris is probably the only thing in that list that is hard to kill for a slightly weaker drops. But the keyword is slightly. They are still good for their specific uses. There is no reason to add more incentive.
He'll even stupid MVPs like queen scaraba that are completely useless on chaos and have useless MVP cards has more incentive here because of enchants on its weapons
You shouldn't be judging future yet to be realised MVP hunts difficulty/supply requirements with current circumstances.
8) I don't know if you comprehend the consequences of this action. A monk can right now get 2700 SP and nearly 500 atk. A MONK!! With 0 MVPs, no variants. Adding just a few more options will insanely boost dmg further. And the reason I talk about monks is simply because the boost that monk gets from this simple addition will be 10 times better than any other class can ever get with it. The closes second is probably EDP sinX that also become insanely strong and Acid Bombers will follow. Rest will get little benefit. This will only widen the class gap insanely. Even now monks are the single highest single target dps and also must have tanker. Mvping now basically revolves around monks and trappers (yes I'm aware other classes can handle some MVPs but that's nothing in comparison with what these two can do alone.). You're boosting the classes that are already strong by a huge number making it less useful for anyone else to MVP. When trans hits acid bombers will be added to the list. Which are also insanely boosted by these options.
9) Keep in mind that what the game should aim for is class balance and not making every drop count. Don't try make changes to make all your actions worthwhile. It should be the other way around. So what if some drops are terrible. You just ignore it and move on. If too many are in similar situation you can argue. But the numbers are very small compared to the vast majority that are relevant.
10) How can you promise that these changes won't break whatever the game his in-store? I can promise that not adding these options definitely won't break anything and people still won't lose incentive to farm majority MVPs. If anything ive learnt from my many years on RO massive interventions have never ended well.
I add that my goal is not "doing nothing". It's just not doing things at a wrong time. Wait until the content is here. Don't assume and then "Act" based on an assumption that may be false, you are free to assume and do a case study on it. But not act on purely on the assumption, product management 101.
Edited by shrikarash, 02 July 2020 - 02:27 PM.