July 1st Transcendence Maintenance - Page 12 - Ragnarok Transcendence Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

July 1st Transcendence Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
309 replies to this topic

#276 monicako669

monicako669

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Watching RT burn

Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:20 PM

No idea how anybody can defend exploiting bugs like that, at least if you're gonna do it don't be a moron and tell everyone you did it. The guy saying that people were "rightfully exploiting the them" should be getting laughed at, because yes the problem came from WP staff being incompetent, but their punishment for that should be to lose credibility in front of their comunity -which is already in a state of decay- and maybe take disciplinary action internally with people involved in the issue. They already got their punishment for the last rollback, a bunch of people straight up left the server and more people are doing so each day because those things add up.

All in all, I'm happy to see the people that exploited the bug rightfully banned and I think I haven't laughed this much in the entire year with all that was happening in the discord with the memes.

#277 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8780 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Transcendence Quit

Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:30 PM

Should bring out wall of shame to see which guilds have most trash noobs who exploit the game to win lmfao

#278 lilrey

lilrey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 12:10 AM

Re-RolllLlLlLlLllL pls

#279 MegaEdge

MegaEdge

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 773 posts
  • LocationSt-Jérôme, QC.

Posted 02 July 2020 - 02:21 AM

Should bring out wall of shame to see which guilds have most trash noobs who exploit the game to win lmfao

I've been wanting that for years, haha! Another thing that we agree on. ;)

#280 NashHen

NashHen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 02:52 AM

What's the change to the fever fields? Einbech dungeon still feels bad and the drop rate/monster spawning feels the same. Weak chars taking literally minutes to kill the bosses so they still doesn't seem to spawn more frequently at all.

Edited by NashHen, 02 July 2020 - 04:30 AM.

#281 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 03:24 AM

You -_-ing cheating betrayal lmfao. You'll die this week lmfao

It’s funny how haters turn into fans ROLF

Edited by Biggggg, 02 July 2020 - 03:29 AM.

#282 coolvampire

coolvampire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 03:29 AM

i dont approved people exploiting bugs like this but GM should also reflect and learn so it wont happened again in the future

#283 SettlerofCatan

SettlerofCatan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 03:49 AM

If you got banned and believe you shouldn't be PM me and I will get the GMs to review your case. We did an initial cut off of 800 apples sold so there shouldn't be too many users affected

PM me your ticket

I did get banned, but i PM'd you my ticket.

#284 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 02 July 2020 - 04:40 AM

What was changed in Einbech fever field? Spawning champions does not seem any faster. 

#285 Darurisey

Darurisey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 04:58 AM

What was changed in Einbech fever field? Spawning champions does not seem any faster. 

Good to know so I don't have to go there and lose time, thanks.

#286 RynokuX

RynokuX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 05:14 AM

Good to know so I don't have to go there and lose time, thanks.

The spawn seemed to decrease for regular mobs but the champs might spawn a little faster.

#287 NashHen

NashHen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 05:34 AM

Map is still absolutely awful. Monsters still won't spawn any faster and weak chars taking forever to kill them adds up to terrible spawn rates.

#288 1299150619045824270

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1189 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 06:15 AM

Just ask the GMs to spawn the champions then???

You guys sure like to complain. But you sell those garments and shoes at an insane price now you want champions to spawn like crazy? But will you sell at lower price?? Lol

#289 Finisterra

Finisterra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 02 July 2020 - 06:37 AM

To be clear, users who intentionally exploit mechanics to gain an unfair advantage will be banned. Its the same as using safety wall to prevent other users from fighting monsters, or using ice wall to teleport into the maze to farm mummies. 

In this case we suspended a narrow band of users who used the bug to gain zeny they shouldn't have, and only if the zeny was above a threshold of hundreds of apples sold in the hour after maintenance. Users who sold a very small amount of apples were not banned. Most likely unless they have a history they will just have the zeny removed with a warning. But thats up to the GMs to decide and going to be reviewed on a case by case basis.

Its up to me now to educate those who made the scripts on how not to let this happen again. I have to document what happened, report it, and take responsibility for it.

Okay I understand the ban on exploiters to an extent based on the situation but in this case, If you did this last week itself, people (or at least me) would not have any issue. But if a similar bug is introduced again, you and your team are accountable more than the players. Did you ban everyone last week? No. You took the easy way out and just roll back server because you did not want to spend time and resources going through all the logs. So everyone who exploited it gets away and the whole server suffers. Now this week because it was identified early and the logs are less you want to punish anyone who exploited it. Where is the justice for the players from last week who lost valuable stuff or time and effort? Do you know how many people decided to leave game because of the rollback last week? 

Whoever was responsible for both the bugs from the low level worker who did the code all the way till his manager who okay it for deployment, make them sit and go through logs and ban everyone from last week too. That will teach them a lesson on how to write code and test it before deploying. But no, you would not do that because that is too much work. Let's just roll back instead and take the easy shortcut. 

"Its up to me now to educate those who made the scripts on how not to let this happen again. I have to document what happened, report it, and take responsibility for it."
Okay so that was not done last week? Why did it happen again? I can be understanding/forgiving the first time around that **** happens and people can do mistakes but again and again? within a week? Is this some kind of a joke to warpportal? I get it, you and most people at WP are working hard and I respect that but that does not mean we are supposed to ignore the mistakes you make that too same ones week after week.

#290 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 06:49 AM

You guys sure like to complain. But you sell those garments and shoes at an insane price now you want champions to spawn like crazy? But will you sell at lower price?? Lol

If there are more spawns then the prices will drop... it's not a mystery. It's about making the game more enjoyable to hunt. 

#291 Varulin

Varulin

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 08:12 AM

Okay I understand the ban on exploiters to an extent based on the situation but in this case, If you did this last week itself, people (or at least me) would not have any issue. But if a similar bug is introduced again, you and your team are accountable more than the players. Did you ban everyone last week? No. You took the easy way out and just roll back server because you did not want to spend time and resources going through all the logs. So everyone who exploited it gets away and the whole server suffers. Now this week because it was identified early and the logs are less you want to punish anyone who exploited it. Where is the justice for the players from last week who lost valuable stuff or time and effort? Do you know how many people decided to leave game because of the rollback last week? 

Whoever was responsible for both the bugs from the low level worker who did the code all the way till his manager who okay it for deployment, make them sit and go through logs and ban everyone from last week too. That will teach them a lesson on how to write code and test it before deploying. But no, you would not do that because that is too much work. Let's just roll back instead and take the easy shortcut. 

"Its up to me now to educate those who made the scripts on how not to let this happen again. I have to document what happened, report it, and take responsibility for it."
Okay so that was not done last week? Why did it happen again? I can be understanding/forgiving the first time around that **** happens and people can do mistakes but again and again? within a week? Is this some kind of a joke to warpportal? I get it, you and most people at WP are working hard and I respect that but that does not mean we are supposed to ignore the mistakes you make that too same ones week after week.

Rollback was necessary back then due to the massive impact it had on the game, this time it wasn't as severe as before therefore it was not necessary to do a roll back, no point on banning the players for the previous incident because everything was rolled back meaning that its like it never happened in the first place, since this time there wasn't a roll back, some form of punishment needs to be done for those who abused the bug intentionally

I hope ppl would stop abusing bugs and report them instead because the fair players have to pay for the actions of careless greedy players when things get too hot

Edited by Varulin, 02 July 2020 - 08:21 AM.

#292 Einere

Einere

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 08:23 AM

Shouldn't the novice event be happening at payon village?

I've been visiting the same spot at the entrance of the cave for days now and haven't seen none of the npc's. And it's the second week of the event, right?

#293 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 08:24 AM

Whoever was responsible for both the bugs from the low level worker who did the code all the way till his manager who okay it for deployment, make them sit and go through logs and ban everyone from last week too. That will teach them a lesson on how to write code and test it before deploying. But no, you would not do that because that is too much work. Let's just roll back instead and take the easy shortcut.

Relax Karen hahaha

#294 daileon2

daileon2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 08:26 AM

My experience on Einbech mines is better now than before. I see more champions spawn indeed, besides having the same impression of less normal mobs spawing. Now if the drop could get a little better (seriously, remove crappy things like Iron, Apple and Meat and stick to normal drop table and complement with good items) or solid mineral slightly nerfed for quicker respawn, that would be great.

#295 daileon2

daileon2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 08:27 AM

Shouldn't the novice event be happening at payon village?

I've been visiting the same spot at the entrance of the cave for days now and haven't seen none of the npc's. And it's the second week of the event, right?

Due to yesterday's mess things will probably be pushed back by one week until everything is in order and properly tested.

#296 mightyj03

mightyj03

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 08:38 AM

Where is update for Ragnarok Renewal?

#297 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1337 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 02 July 2020 - 08:51 AM

My experience on Einbech mines is better now than before. I see more champions spawn indeed, besides having the same impression of less normal mobs spawing. Now if the drop could get a little better (seriously, remove crappy things like Iron, Apple and Meat and stick to normal drop table and complement with good items) or solid mineral slightly nerfed for quicker respawn, that would be great.

Before maintenance, it felt like for every 4 Elusive Pitmans, I'd find 1 Solid Mineral. Now, it feels closer to a 1:1 ratio. But the rate at which champions spawn still feel the same to me. I do agree it seems like there's less normal mobs spawning.

#298 Minicherry

Minicherry

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 July 2020 - 09:19 AM

Hello Camp,

Question about Diabolic pet. 

This pet is not giving stats. However, If u tame a Deviruchi and Upgraded, then it does? 

is this a bug or intended? 

according to iRO wiki:

Diabolic 104 537.png Pet Food None ATK + 1%
MATK + 1% ATK + 1%
MATK + 1%
MaxHP + 1%
MaxSP + 1% ATK + 2%
MATK + 2%
MaxHP + 1%
MaxSP + 1% ATK + 2%
MATK + 2%
MaxHP + 1%
MaxSP + 1%
Autocast Fire Bolt lv. 3 when attacking.

Thanks camp in advance.

#299 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2722 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 02 July 2020 - 09:23 AM

imagine being one of those banned for making pennies in the game :lol: :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

#300 MaronaPossessed

MaronaPossessed

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 440 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JillofTradesLA
  • LocationLouisiana, USA
  • Server:Transcend

Posted 02 July 2020 - 10:05 AM

Hello Camp,

Question about Diabolic pet. 

This pet is not giving stats. However, If u tame a Deviruchi and Upgraded, then it does? 

is this a bug or intended? 

according to iRO wiki:

Diabolic 104 537.pngPet Food None ATK + 1%
MATK + 1% ATK + 1%
MATK + 1%
MaxHP + 1%
MaxSP + 1% ATK + 2%
MATK + 2%
MaxHP + 1%
MaxSP + 1% ATK + 2%
MATK + 2%
MaxHP + 1%
MaxSP + 1%
Autocast Fire Bolt lv. 3 when attacking.

Thanks camp in advance.

It is intended for evolved pets to have stats.

If you catch or obtain a Diabolic without it being evolved, aka just catching a regular Diabolic in the dungeon, then there are no bonuses or stats.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users