Is the price of WPE a joke? - Page 7 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 3 votes

Is the price of WPE a joke?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
163 replies to this topic

#151 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 July 2020 - 11:30 PM

SEA folks ... dont get a special quote, which is fine, because we've probably have been abusing WPE anyway via buying from the Brazilians lol

Though the point is, being born/working in a developing country doesnt mean one can automatically afford $10/k, and same to the opposite, that is, being born/working from an underdeveloped country doesnt mean one can NOT automatically afford $10/k.

I dont know about Brazil but since i was born in Thailand, I have friends who are now running the family business companies. They're easily making $20k a month profit. Yet, assuming that the regional pricing also applied to Thailand because Thailand is a developing country (the daily minimum wage is $10.5 ie.8 working hours for $10.5), then ... imagine the rich Thai players who make $20k a month and pay only $5/k. Look back at me who work in Canada and have only $2.8k/month left after paying all bills and all mortgages, $10/k ... is just way too much to ask for ... lol

I am being punished and discriminated just because I live in Canada T_T

You poor thing......why not consider buying from me?

I am still going to sell WPE even though I nearly pay double the price for USD (as of current AUD > USD exchange rates), because I like trying to make WPE affordable for everyone.

I'm sure if you can't afford 10k WPE yourself you can always find a seller instead.

Edited by PervySageMarty, 28 July 2020 - 11:31 PM.

#152 VileCharmander

VileCharmander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 29 July 2020 - 03:38 AM

I am being punished and discriminated just because I live in Canada T_T

You are... but that's only because we all know that living that far north where it's so cold most of the year really toughens you up so that you can handle all the punishment. ;)

Edited by VileCharmander, 29 July 2020 - 06:20 AM.

#153 elmocj

elmocj

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 05:40 AM

Hi! I'm a Brazilian and I know I'm not welcome in this great Ragnarok server.

I used to buy 10k KP every month, but now the server sucks! Bots, bad economy, no players, excuses every update, bugs… However, the staff feels OK about increasing the price of the KP.

This server does not have value to our money anymore; It doesn’t respect its players.

Just a value comparison:

Vip for 1 month in ragnarok = 52,12 BRL (more a lot of p2w mechanics)

1 month in the most famous mmorpg= 29,00 BRL 

Whatever... I’m only a Brazilian who should never have played in this precious server.

Edited by elmocj, 29 July 2020 - 06:46 AM.

#154 Yeansix

Yeansix

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 July 2020 - 07:58 AM

I'm under the impression that Panama's regional pricing is still very cheap, just like Brazil and Argentina back then. 

And it seems there are many people abusing WP with this low pricing. 

#155 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 08:02 AM

I'm under the impression that Panama's regional pricing is still very cheap, just like Brazil and Argentina back then. 

And it seems there are many people abusing WP with this low pricing. 

Any idea how much better it is? There's still fire sales going on and I would hate to miss out paying to win. 

#156 Yeansix

Yeansix

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 08:08 AM

To be honest, I have heard it's even lower than Brazilians actually got. I could say less than $50 per 10k wpe. (LORF)

Any idea how much better it is? There's still fire sales going on and I would hate to miss out paying to win. 

#157 fenrir99

fenrir99

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 10:12 AM

Let’s see if this business decision will pay off. I don’t plan on buying WPE in the near future and neither every Brazilian I know that plays RO. I understand the value of our currency is -_- now, but a few sometimes is better than none, right?

#158 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 29 July 2020 - 02:40 PM

In a narcotics trafficking scheme, are the biggest punishments for users or for the seller / manufacturer?

In that case scenario both are deserving of punishment.

However, a narcotics trafficking scheme is a seperate issue entirely when compared to this current issue. The current issue is that users (some certain people) in particular took clear advantage of the seller/manufacturer (being WP) and used it for a personal gain which went far beyond what would possibly be turning a blind eye to the issue. The overlords over at WP knew at the beginning when they had made the BR - USD transaction of WPE be half of what it should be from an exchange rate standpoint was something that COULD have been exploited to begin with, but believed in the good nature of people, and giving them a chance and taking a slight loss as being worth it if the targeted population is believed to be responsible in using it.

It is unfortunate for the current turn of events but this all does boil down to how humans are just humans, we want to possess everything even though when we die, we cant take it with us.

No doubt it is understandable that the Brazilian community is outraged at the answer that WP has basically given them, and it is also understandable that they would want to quit/leave/never come back/boycott this server and game localizer, and of course as any other person in this topic, we all do agree the Brazilian community is wonderful and that they never meant any harm to us and that they are better than everyone else in this world because asians, the general angelo saxons, the most white community and black community that don't have Brazilian citizenship are terrible people who deserve to die in the burning crimson fires of hell.

But then ask yourselves, who doesnt deserve to burn in hell? I for sure do for being one of the biggest perverts on this server, no, burning in hell is too good for me, I should be entitled to worse. As much as its everyones fault here for living and breathing, let us take a moment to consider who's fault it really is, thats right, its some particular people that took advantage of this system.

#159 monicako669

monicako669

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Server:Watching RT burn

Posted 29 July 2020 - 03:35 PM

The overlords over at WP knew at the beginning when they had made the BR - USD transaction of WPE be half of what it should be from an exchange rate standpoint was something that COULD have been exploited to begin with, but believed in the good nature of people, and giving them a chance and taking a slight loss as being worth it if the targeted population is believed to be responsible in using it.

I don't think they did something like that , charging less, out of the kindness of their hearts. It's more likely that they made a long term investment with that move. They probably thought that by lowering the price of KP for the BR community and eating the revenue cost in the short term would attract more BRs into playing the game in the long run (several years), making it more profitable because having more people makes it more likely that it spreads to other people. The post made by campitor that got posted a couple times in here was from 2016, before gravity released a couple of servers and they most likely thought that the playerbase was gonna continue to expand.

So, they probably saw the current numbers on their latest son (the now almost dead RT server) and realized that the investment they made by lowering the prices for BRs is no longer profitable in the long run, because numbers will keep going down, which means they are trying to milk the last of the people playing before abandoning ship.

#160 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 29 July 2020 - 04:11 PM

Does this mean RoT is merging to Chaos soon! Ah ... hhhh 

#161 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 29 July 2020 - 04:30 PM

or is just the same thing repeating yet again(from 2016~17). When the regional pricing had an X ratio that hadn't been updated in a while and with the actual BRL xUSD exchange rate changing it ended up being at half price.

Regional pricing was disabled for a while back then and readjusted with a new, updated to the current exchange rate, ratio.

The current ratio is from 3+ years ago, and up until the begining of the year the exchange rate between the two currencies wasn't that bad, but ever since the whole rona situation started BRL took a massive dip compared to USD, wich creates again the scenario where "it goes for half the price" and people directly RMT wpe.

#162 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 01:45 PM

soo wait I can get cheaper 10k WPE? and not have to pay 100? how?

#163 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 09:53 AM

IMO WP should go full scorched earth on these dip schmidts. 

#164 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 01:38 PM

Thread was closed due to the continuing spreading of RMT advertisements. I have forwarded the feedback to the team responsible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users