Looks like GMs listens to a few chosen players *Enforcer nerf* - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 11 votes

Looks like GMs listens to a few chosen players *Enforcer nerf*

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
363 replies to this topic

#1 icchigosan

icchigosan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 November 2020 - 12:24 PM

So, @campitor I have a question for you:

[1] The server population drop : Have you ever thought that the population drop is from people quiting due to lack of interesting contents? like aogh took forever to reach us.

[2] Paid item: When an item gets paid for and you are nerfing it? ask KRO for a MA nerf at the skill level! It is completely immoral! Don't launch an item w/o testing! Don't touch the enforcer shoes!

[3] Class balancing? if this buff to GX would have happened to already OP classes; for ex: RG, no one would even bat an eye, because your precious players wouldn't have complained ,  , don't come to tell me RG isn't an OP class with its plethora of reduc skills, max HP, shield and very good damage! Will you nerf that class @campitor? I genuinely doubt you will!

@campitor what ever decision you take, just remember we are watching your every step, and hope you will prove us wrong that you don't have any precious players!

#2 zx56vb

zx56vb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 01:03 PM

ohohoh He is angry

#3 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2393 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 24 November 2020 - 01:12 PM

who could this be the person u r are talking about? lol

Edited by Zander, 24 November 2020 - 01:12 PM.

#4 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 November 2020 - 01:17 PM

who could this be the person u r are talking about? lol

.......I mean who else could it be? Me of course!

#5 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2744 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 01:18 PM

But gx not fully gear up even can one hit KO tanker... pretty crazy

#6 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 24 November 2020 - 01:25 PM

But gx not fully gear up even can one hit KO tanker... pretty crazy

I don’t play gx in woe and I actually like this gx ohko players it’s to prevent them from using auto pots. Ever since ohko gx is back I haven’t seen any players complain about autopots. I really hope gm don’t nerf anything because then it will create a chaos where everyone gonna complain about. Aka rg ed will be next lol

#7 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3030 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 24 November 2020 - 01:25 PM

.......I mean who else could it be? Me of course!

At least you got your wpe fix! They do listen!

IMHO, MA would probably be less broken if it was a katar only Skill. Can't use shields so no GTB, mage class can still whack the hell out of GX in WoE. No shield so its back to being dangerous in Bio5.

You gotta sacrifice defence for offence.

Its not the first time they nerf/buff items. Remember #JusticeforEnforcer? 

GX have other methods to still deal absurb amount of damage, just that it probably requires a different playstyle and is single target instead. They will still be OP class.

#8 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 01:27 PM

So, @campitor I have a question for you:

[1] The server population drop : Have you ever thought that the population drop is from people quiting due to lack of interesting contents? like aogh took forever to reach us.

[2] Paid item: When an item gets paid for and you are nerfing it? ask KRO for a MA nerf at the skill level! It is completely immoral! Don't launch an item w/o testing! Don't touch the enforcer shoes!

[3] Class balancing? if this buff to GX would have happened to already OP classes; for ex: RG, no one would even bat an eye, because your precious players wouldn't have complained ,, don't come to tell me RG isn't an OP class with its plethora of reduc skills, max HP, shield and very good damage! Will you nerf that class @campitor? I genuinely doubt you will!

@campitor what ever decision you take, just remember we are watching your every step, and hope you will prove us wrong that you don't have any precious players!

1. The item itself is extremely powerful compared to all other items of a similar tier. Whole conversations regarding newer items center around comparing themselves to the power of the enforcer shoes. This shows that the item is now extremely out of line compared to the rest of the top tier items on the server.

2. The item was originally introduced in 2017. Back then the damage bonus was plugged into the skill formula differently. The item has always worked. The problem is the skill formula changed and now the item's outcome is extremely out of line of its original intended outcome.

3. If we found another item to be so out of line with other items we would review it as well. For example we have taken this path with items like the Cylinder Hairband where it did not provide anywhere near the intended bonus, and later with the same item when its bonus due to a formula change suddenly became massive we changed the effect again.

We are declining to sell the item because we are reviewing its effects to bring it in line with other OCP items, we always provide a long notice period about pending changes like this so that players are aware of what is coming. Will it still be a strong item? Yes. Have we announced the intended nerf? No, because we are in talks with the studio about what needs to be changed to bring it in line with other strong gears on the server. As a policy I will not knowingly sell an item if I believe that I may be changing the items effects in the future.

As a note I am happy to discuss why were moving in directions on things like this. But as previously said all decisions are made by my team and I. The responsibility for those decisions land solely on us. We gather feedback from many users about what is going on in the server. Do not cast blame on community members for the directions we take.

#9 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 24 November 2020 - 01:29 PM

Ohko gx in woe is necessary to prevent people from autopots. I get killed all the time from gx didn’t whine about it. At least we don’t have problem with autopots anymore.

#10 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 01:32 PM

You know, why not increase the seraphim sets bonus for healing? Never see any FS healer ABs complain about that, but then again nothing really gets nerved on our end too so I guess its kinda balanced out?

#11 zx56vb

zx56vb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 01:33 PM

1. The item itself is extremely powerful compared to all other items of a similar tier. Whole conversations regarding newer items center around comparing themselves to the power of the enforcer shoes. This shows that the item is now extremely out of line compared to the rest of the top tier items on the server.

2. The item was originally introduced in 2017. Back then the damage bonus was plugged into the skill formula differently. The item has always worked. The problem is the skill formula changed and now the item's outcome is extremely out of line of its original intended outcome.

3. If we found another item to be so out of line with other items we would review it as well. For example we have taken this path with items like the Cylinder Hairband where it did not provide anywhere near the intended bonus, and later with the same item when its bonus due to a formula change suddenly became massive we changed the effect again.

We are declining to sell the item because we are reviewing its effects to bring it in line with other OCP items, we always provide a long notice period about pending changes like this so that players are aware of what is coming. Will it still be a strong item? Yes. Have we announced the intended nerf? No because we are in talks with the studio about what needs to be changed to bring it in line with other strong gears on the server.

Hey camp. what about trash ocp items? Any plans of buff them? Sth like Star eyepatch, it can be totally replaced by other ocp items.

#12 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 01:41 PM

Hey camp. what about trash ocp items? Any plans of buff them? Sth like Star eyepatch, it can be totally replaced by other ocp items.

OCP items were divided into different classes effectiveness. Some were meant to be strong while others are are supposed to be utility and more common. Changing old box contents isn't likely but new items are slowly being introduced by Kachua.

#13 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 24 November 2020 - 01:41 PM

Is the bar the power boost that the item provides, or the power that the class can achieve with said item. Because shield rings arguably offer a much higher boost to their respective skill than enforcer shoes(and are a tremendous generic boost having a kiel in each) :V

#14 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 24 November 2020 - 01:44 PM

If its about Enforcer shoes,

Green aura there. That is new 17.1 MvP, which should require team work or whatsoever to kill. Ok, new MvP ... solo-able is ok but to die in few hits is laughable. 

Camp should've disabled/nerf'ed Enforcer shoes since April. He should've not listened to those privileged players who didnt want Enforcer shoes nerfed. Once taken drugs, its gonna be hard to take the drug away.

Tbh, I dont really keep track of timeline anymore but since January 2019 when we had 2k online (It even hit 3.5k online during Gioia event in December 2018), Camp has not done wrong to piss people off but only brought new updates such as AOGH, 17.1, and what else? iRO has been getting fast updates compared to the past by mile.s Yet the population has been dropping below 1k. If anything, its the Enforcer shoes that instantly turned noobs into godly, then quit after because they're bored and their "achievement of reaching end game" is never satisfactory. 

Camp should remove all OCPS in game. Its a mistake that giving out OP'ly broken OCPs easily and everyone is so godly (then quit soon because nothing sells. Why buy if you can farm yourself?).

Edited by ChakriGuard, 24 November 2020 - 01:48 PM.

#15 icchigosan

icchigosan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 01:47 PM

We gather feedback from many users about what is going on in the server.

@campitor
yes, you do, but only in forums[in a corner]! Majority of the people ingame don't even come to forums or even rarely know about the outlined issue! You should focus in integrating the feedback system in-game, like you did for gramps. Announce it reguardly in game about the intended nerf, and encourage players ingame to vote, by giving some free tokens.

Integrate this first before implementing any decisions.

Majority of the feedback is coming from the same decorated group of people in forums, who have mastered the art of manipulating the system!

Edited by icchigosan, 24 November 2020 - 01:52 PM.

#16 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 01:51 PM

Trust me if I have been manipulating the system, all AB's on the server would at least be doing 80k normal heals by now with full gear investments...

#17 4853121207141913140

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 897 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 24 November 2020 - 01:53 PM

Would Cylinder Hairband be re-examined again due to the recent change in formula?

edit: Assumptio nerf hit hard imo.

Edited by 4853121207141913140, 24 November 2020 - 01:59 PM.

#18 Harvests

Harvests

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 01:55 PM

I have a friend playing in another server and even without enfocers MA is super Op damage and they are on patch 17.2 with other cool stuff available

#19 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 01:55 PM

For Royal guard, do you have a video to support your claim? I've just post a GX video destroying the 17.1 MvP. You might as well ask your godly RG friend to make a video of him killing the 17.1 MvP, so Camp or we can see how broken RG it is. Regardless, I also want Camp to disable Shield ring. It will only affect NDL RGs in WoE but for a legit RG player like me will only gain benefits. So as a RG vet, I'm very indifferent about this issue.

I wish I was a precious player that Camp listened, he would already ban 99% of RGs in WoE using NDL OB lol

#20 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 01:56 PM

Is the bar the power boost that the item provides, or the power that the class can achieve with said item. Because shield rings arguably offer a much higher boost to their respective skill than enforcer shoes(and are a tremendous generic boost having a kiel in each) :V

To be perfectly honest, it can be both. The studio is concerned about balance and that is why OCP items have so drastically slowed and new items that do come are coming in rebalanced. They also asked us for feedback on older items which is what we've been grabbing from threads.

#21 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 01:59 PM

that is why OCP items have so drastically slowed and new items that do come are coming in rebalanced. 

The damn studio just realized this? lol

I mean, I get that iRO needs to make money but OP items should not be easy/common to everyone. They're powerful and they should be rare. Imagine, Abyss dress was a SSS tier in Kachue keys, there would be less than 20 Abyss dresses for people who support iRO a lot or those who are very lucky. The rest of people who dont wanna spend too much supporting the game can party up with other players. 

PS, but please ... disable Shield ring in WoE too please. I am so sick of fighting NDL RGs (cheaters, doing 6+ Overbrands) in WoE lol

Edited by ChakriGuard, 24 November 2020 - 02:00 PM.

#22 icchigosan

icchigosan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 02:03 PM

To be perfectly honest, it can be both. The studio is concerned about balance and that is why OCP items have so drastically slowed and new items that do come are coming in rebalanced. They also asked us for feedback on older items which is what we've been grabbing from threads.

only OCP? what about the class shadow gears? some classes gets a crap ton of boost, while other classes gets nothing! GX shadow gears are laughable! where is the balance here?

grabbing from threads.? Go ingame and put a ingame feedback system

Edited by icchigosan, 24 November 2020 - 02:09 PM.

#23 icchigosan

icchigosan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 02:07 PM

I mean, I get that iRO needs to make money but OP items should not be easy/common to everyone. 

I agree, wipe out all the enforcers[while reimburing with zeny] in game and re-introduce them again unchanged with a very low chance to get! 5b 10b doesn't matter!

#24 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 02:08 PM

only OCP? what about the class shadow gears? some classes gets a crap ton of boost, while other classes gets nothing! GX show gears are laughable! where is the balance here?

Its been a couple months since the studio sent us the shadow gear class set. I will ask the CMs to gather the feedback on that to share with the studio, and we can have them review feedback on all the shadow gears they had us introduce.

#25 icchigosan

icchigosan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 02:16 PM

Its been a couple months since the studio sent us the shadow gear class set. I will ask the CMs to gather the feedback on that to share with the studio, and we can have them review feedback on all the shadow gears they had us introduce.

Are you looking for an unbiased feedback in forums? I don't understand, you talk big on balancing stuff, and don't even want to take the initiative to integrate a feedback system in-game? Do you really want balance or just want a scapegoat item to send to the studio?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users