I hate "Studio" so much now - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

I hate "Studio" so much now

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
88 replies to this topic

#51 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 03 April 2021 - 05:58 AM

108 stat with +15 Guardian Soul make you immune 4 type of damage (int dex agi vit)  (you can even having 108 with 90 mixing for 77% for 6 type of damage when 185 came)

+20% with Kafra Blossom to make you 100% immune to any your choice of 6 (StrLuk -> dark holy / Agivit -> fire water / Dexint -> Earth Wind)

another 5% for all fire earth wind water just drinking all proof (why not it so cheap)

OK but do we have the 185 level update now? but you had to exaggerate earlier on right?

That's why it needs +15. Plus being powerful on defense is a crime but on offense is not? OK.

And this is just on mindless AI monsters. sigh.

#52 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Server

Posted 03 April 2021 - 06:04 AM

OK but do we have the 185 level update now? but you had to exaggerate earlier on right?

That's why it needs +15. Plus being powerful on defense is a crime but on offense is not? OK.

And this is just on mindless AI monsters. sigh.

I just hate studio. 

Your WOE concerned isn't about my concern, I just said what studio though about there "Balance Concerned" 

This is how "Balance" they called? sigh 

You though between Cart cannon dmg increase from 400k to 450k with instant cast was worse than immune to element by just +15?

#53 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4046 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 April 2021 - 06:08 AM

Maybe.. this setup? seems like i'm missing something for the 5% earth/wind left.

UrbLwp4.png

#54 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 03 April 2021 - 06:10 AM

i just don't like it when people use other things as leverage just to put more weight on their arguments.

pretty sure people wouldn't be bashing on the garment if their precious Cart Cannon was left 50% stronger.

you wouldn't see pots like:

This garment will only make this ED/Cannon RG even with inspi #unkillablewipeeverybodyinwoesuperbrokennobodyevenwoeanymore

#55 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationLocation

Posted 03 April 2021 - 06:20 AM

i just don't like it when people use other things as leverage just to put more weight on their arguments.

pretty sure people wouldn't be bashing on the garment if their precious Cart Cannon was left 50% stronger.

you wouldn't see pots like:

This garment will only make this ED/Cannon RG even with inspi #unkillablewipeeverybodyinwoesuperbrokennobodyevenwoeanymore

yep another troll.

If guardian soul was capped at +12 isn't bad idea either. 

When I saw +15 with overpower effect. That feeling like studio was trend to milking us "player".  And this trend will never stop.

#56 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 03 April 2021 - 07:14 AM

or simply have things work differently in pvp and pvm

#57 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 676 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 April 2021 - 07:37 AM

I can inquire with the studio. The Cylinder boots scripts that were shared with me were the studio records for the item. But they were scripted with a small increase at each refine tier equaling the amounts stated.

Something like below is what I saw.

If refine is greater than first value
7% mHP/mSP
else If refine is greater than second value

10% mHP/mSP

@Camp, are you sure the script from the Studio looks like this? That else just means "10% mHP/mSP" for refine (NO greater than first value) AND (greater than second value). If the first value is smaller than second value (which I think is the case), then we can always ONLY get "7% mHP/mSP" if the refine level passes the first value. Does the Studio want to people to spend on refining but not actually gaining the extra bonus lol (though the current +12 bonus is such a joke as well)?

Edited by mic9010, 03 April 2021 - 08:04 AM.

#58 Leonchascon

Leonchascon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 03 April 2021 - 08:35 AM

Maybe.. this setup? seems like i'm missing something for the 5% earth/wind left.

UrbLwp4.png

Thats not how angeling card works

And either skills or items should be nerfed for PvP, you can do that on the software btw have X item or Y skill have a different effect in another "zone" or just straight up disable some items in PvP but this is just drifting farther and farther from the main topic lol...

#59 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4046 posts

Posted 03 April 2021 - 09:05 AM

Thats not how angeling card works

How it works?

#60 6250140829153758463

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 03 April 2021 - 10:09 AM

Not specific to Angeling card, but reductions of different types are multiplicative with each other. Angeling Card gives the target (the player) Holy property--the attacking element and the defending element make up the elemental multiplier. Guardian Soul gives element/property attack reduction--or simply property reduction.

Elemental multiplier doesn't stack additively with property reduction (e.g., reduce damage by n% from X property attacks) or target property reduction (e.g., reduce damage by n% from X property monsters/players). While not technically correct, for simplicity just multiply all three types together to determine the damage %.

For example:

• Attacking element Fire vs. defending element Holy 1: Elemental multiplier 75% (you still take 75% damage)
  • Property reduction: 65% (you still take 35% damage)
    • Guardian Soul: 35%
    • 2x KBC: 20%
    • 2x Prontera Militia Glove: 10%
  • Target property reduction: None (you still take 100% damage)
  • Final damage %: 26.25%
    • 0.35 * 1 * 0.75

Edited by 6250140829153758463, 03 April 2021 - 10:39 AM.

#61 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 03 April 2021 - 10:47 AM

why are you griefing? your precious RG accesories don't even need any upgrades, yet i don't see you complaining about it!

Mind you. Go ahead and remove Shield ring along with other OP OCPs, so people can stop whining and crying that game doesnt have any -_- to do. Ofc what does this game have to offer when everyone of us 1 hit delete in AoE ... lol

#62 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 03 April 2021 - 10:49 AM

+15 Guardian is fair. It has no slot and will need stat combo like 126 VIT 126 AGI to have competitive effects to other gears, which destroys your status points, so virtually no one uses this build.

The enchants on the Guardian and Feather are defensive rather than power creep, which is refreshing to see, plus a step towards "fixing" WoE. Diabolus Wing Set and these are WoE friendly.

I think we can leave WoE out of the argument. No point trying to balance WoE or anything. WoE is irreverent at this point and this is coming from me who only logged in to WoE from 2012 to 2018, then 2019-2020. If they really cared about WoE, they would already start banning obvious cheaters but they dont. They dont care and people dont WoE.

#63 100000197917382

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 03 April 2021 - 10:48 PM

The thing with mmorpgs is you can't keep a server alive without content, repetitive events and items from the cash shot Isn't enough, specially when you compete with private servers(I know is not fair because of stolen content) but still, give us reasons to stay here, half of my guild is in hiatus with no intentions to come back unless is worth.

#64 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationLocation

Posted 04 April 2021 - 03:59 AM

How it works?

It isn't Pure int + Dex but Pure int or Pure Dex

in jRO description was "Every combination 18 of Int and Dex"

With 90 int and 90 dex. you will immune earth & wind 70% not 35%

#65 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 04 April 2021 - 04:34 AM

if camp says "we will have to wait for the studio" or something then better not expect and keep quiet.... thats what im doing if thats there reply...

#66 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4046 posts

Posted 04 April 2021 - 05:04 AM

It isn't Pure int + Dex but Pure int or Pure Dex

in jRO description was "Every combination 18 of Int and Dex"

With 90 int and 90 dex. you will immune earth & wind 70% not 35%

I was refering to Angeling  but seems like i was wrong also with Guardian Soul  :heh:

#67 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 04 April 2021 - 07:27 AM

bruh

#68 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 04 April 2021 - 09:49 AM

Not specific to Angeling card, but reductions of different types are multiplicative with each other. Angeling Card gives the target (the player) Holy property--the attacking element and the defending element make up the elemental multiplier. Guardian Soul gives element/property attack reduction--or simply property reduction.

Elemental multiplier doesn't stack additively with property reduction (e.g., reduce damage by n% from X property attacks) or target property reduction (e.g., reduce damage by n% from X property monsters/players). While not technically correct, for simplicity just multiply all three types together to determine the damage %.

For example:

• Attacking element Fire vs. defending element Holy 1: Elemental multiplier 75% (you still take 75% damage)
  • Property reduction: 65% (you still take 35% damage)
    • Guardian Soul: 35%
    • 2x KBC: 20%
    • 2x Prontera Militia Glove: 10%
  • Target property reduction: None (you still take 100% damage)
  • Final damage %: 26.25%
    • 0.35 * 1 * 0.75

that explains why Keyron still wrecks me even with Guardian + other stuff. Also Seyren's IB despite being allegedly "immune" to elements. Its weird how those who knew this didn't bother informing people but continued bashing the garment.

TLDR. Guardian of Soul isn't as broken as what OP is saying. Even with 185 update and more stats, people have multiple 100% Element reduce garment already. Plus the fact that this crying only happened because of 50% less OP Cart Cannon.

#69 6250140829153758463

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 04 April 2021 - 09:59 AM

Some skills have multiple damage parts in the formula, where one part is non-neutral elemental and the other part is neutral. I wouldn't be surprised if Seyren's IB has fire and neutral parts in the formula, or even a part that can’t be reduced (or at least unaffected by property reductions).

That’s when I wish I could look at the code to see (and not some pserver’s code).

Edited by 6250140829153758463, 04 April 2021 - 10:13 AM.

#70 Leonchascon

Leonchascon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 04 April 2021 - 10:07 AM

Seyren's IB is indeed fire as is Celia's PW he uses Dragon Water Breath so he has access to both Water & Fire damage but is really easy to get 100% to both at the same time... is just that in bio5 killing fast = more survival rather than having immunities most of the time

What bothers me about the garment is that +15 is kinda stupid, like they want to milk the few whales they have left in the game for it, idk how thats going to work, i guess some people will still upgrade, I still think +14 is on the "hard" end but im just unlucky 13 is "easy" or a decent rate but +15 is just really stupid so i would leave it at +14 rather than +15 the effect is not that strong, sure if you have 252 stats in the required ones it can be strong for sure but you are making many sacrifices for that, where other item combos have an easier time getting 100% immunity to SOME of those elements

Also many enemies including KK in all her forms are bugged since the 2nd class skill update... but i dont think that will ever be fixed

Edited by Leonchascon, 04 April 2021 - 10:08 AM.

#71 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 04 April 2021 - 10:21 AM

Seyren's IB is indeed fire as is Celia's PW he uses Dragon Water Breath so he has access to both Water & Fire damage but is really easy to get 100% to both at the same time... is just that in bio5 killing fast = more survival rather than having immunities most of the time

What bothers me about the garment is that +15 is kinda stupid, like they want to milk the few whales they have left in the game for it, idk how thats going to work, i guess some people will still upgrade, I still think +14 is on the "hard" end but im just unlucky 13 is "easy" or a decent rate but +15 is just really stupid so i would leave it at +14 rather than +15 the effect is not that strong, sure if you have 252 stats in the required ones it can be strong for sure but you are making many sacrifices for that, where other item combos have an easier time getting 100% immunity to SOME of those elements

Also many enemies including KK in all her forms are bugged since the 2nd class skill update... but i dont think that will ever be fixed

plus the fact that 99% of the time, there is a neutral damage mixed in elsewhere, which 99% of the time that kills you. (Earthquake says hello).

Just when WoE gets more reduction, people will demonize it just out of anger elsewhere.

#72 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationLocation

Posted 04 April 2021 - 10:38 AM

Bruh nothing to nerf, my friend just using gx running around in gold scaraba without nature dress but still got only 1 dmg

He using perfect dodge build standing afk in magma after eating some lunch for letting someone leech.

So i borrowed him. I feel like a god now, boss that can hit me with high element atk just like a joke with MA gx :heh:

People always thinking too much when mostly map doesn't even have 6 or even 4 elements. Then that gtb also suck with shield divest skill hmm :heh:

#73 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 04 April 2021 - 10:39 AM

Camp be like ah -_- here we go again. Gotta choose one side and make the other side QQ the -_- out of salty tears cus both side claim to do so in the name of balaning the game

Edited by ChakriGuard, 04 April 2021 - 10:39 AM.

#74 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 04 April 2021 - 10:42 AM

Bruh nothing to nerf, my friend just using gx running around in gold scaraba without nature dress but still got only 1 dmg

He using perfect dodge build standing afk in magma after eating some lunch for letting someone leech.

So i borrowed him. I feel like a god now, boss that can hit me with high element atk just like a joke with MA gx :heh:

People always thinking too much when mostly map doesn't even have 6 or even 4 elements. Then that gtb also suck with shield divest skill hmm :heh:

Don't give credits too much to the GX char you borrowed. You felt like a God now not because of MA is broken, you are a highly skilled player. MA aint broken, be proud dude lol

#75 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationLocation

Posted 04 April 2021 - 11:51 AM

you can see that how studio balance, nerf 100k dmg and giving player immune to any element of 6. I can just auto attack with some flee from agi and skills on any no ultimate eq mvp without any effort of equipment and skill-play.

yet isn't your idea for +15 ocp? but yeah you already quit isn't?

Edited by aTID2, 04 April 2021 - 11:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users