#1 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 21 May 2021 - 04:56 PM

rare footage of SLS miracle i decided to record a replay since it felt very lucky on the day, i was trying to trigger it for hours before but i suspect the effect that shows it has activated is missing from the game (_¬¬') i only noticed when i saw that my damage got really high on every monster for no reason, enjoy:

Edited by vividort, 21 May 2021 - 04:57 PM.

#2 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 May 2021 - 10:42 AM

You need to get 100 critical too so then your SLS does crit damage. But this is nice to see.

Edited by PervySageMarty, 27 May 2021 - 10:42 AM.

#3 FBKFBKFBK

FBKFBKFBK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 03:00 PM

You need to get 100 critical too so then your SLS does crit damage. But this is nice to see.

Nah you dont even need high crit rate. SLS union makes all your skills scale with crit damage and also seems to make sure your skill attacks are always doing a maximum crit rate so your skills are always max dmg even with low crit rate.

Im not playing my TKM atm but you can do this test regardless high or low crit rate your skills are always doing the maximum dmg as tho you have perfect crit rate on everything.

#4 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 06:24 PM

i just thought union pierced def and ignored accuracy never knew about the crit damage part tho.

#5 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 27 May 2021 - 06:55 PM

i just thought union pierced def and ignored accuracy never knew about the crit damage part tho.

Yeah interesting isn't it? Just get alot of crit% damage increase gears and get at least 100 crit and you be dealing quite alot of damage.

#6 FBKFBKFBK

FBKFBKFBK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 07:14 PM

Solar,Lunar,and Stellar Union Bugged/Broken? - Expanded Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Yea TKM can do some nice damage thanks to union making your skill scale with crit dmg. I would say i was basically max gear here minus god/mvp card if i had two megs would have a straight up 40%~50% dmg increase and if i used food buffs another straight 30% thanks to sls wrath. 

#7 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 28 May 2021 - 05:59 AM

Miracle transforms every damage you deal into a Pre-Renewal Crit. Because it is treated as a crit it inherits all of it's benefits and scaling, and it still uses the old pre re crit which also ignores def.

#8 FBKFBKFBK

FBKFBKFBK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 06:34 AM

Miracle transforms every damage you deal into a Pre-Renewal Crit. Because it is treated as a crit it inherits all of it's benefits and scaling, and it still uses the old pre re crit which also ignores def.

Wait are you saying miracle has the same critical damage modifier as union without the HP drawback or just mean when you use union? If i dont remember wrong when you proc miracle you can use union without a soul linker been awhile since i played TKM. 

#9 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 06:58 AM

i may have mixed the skill names and effects :v

miracle should just allow for all constelation skills to be usable in that map, and treat all monsters as having Stellar opposition, which is the strongest

Edited by Ashuckel, 28 May 2021 - 06:58 AM.

#10 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 06 June 2021 - 12:15 PM

The Magnum Break cooldown added from the balance patch hurt TKM more than anything. Triggering Miracle takes for-freaking-ever now. You used to be able to Mag break in Magic Strings to get it in a few minutes, now its like 15+.

Spoiler

I also noticed that inbound healing effects were reduced under Union, though I can't read any explanations or tooltips about that anywhere. High Heal was only doing 20% effectiveness when I tried, and potions were basically useless. Kaahi might be a solution but I couldn't test it to verify. SP leech should be fine with EDA and maybe SP shadow garment to keep Kaahi going, but HP leech didn't cut it for me using EDA + Malicious Shadow so, not sure why that is. Damage wasn't amazing but still somewhat surprising HP leech wasn't noticeable.

Before/After:
Ikuw6DS.png hoRnxjg.png

Still need to do a stat reset I think. Might do 63 str, 60 dex, 90 luk, 50 vit.

cFNHnfm.png

7t07bVw.png

Edited by Scuba, 06 June 2021 - 12:52 PM.

#11 FBKFBKFBK

FBKFBKFBK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 06 June 2021 - 11:01 PM

The Magnum Break cooldown added from the balance patch hurt TKM more than anything. Triggering Miracle takes for-freaking-ever now. You used to be able to Mag break in Magic Strings to get it in a few minutes, now its like 15+.

Spoiler

I also noticed that inbound healing effects were reduced under Union, though I can't read any explanations or tooltips about that anywhere. High Heal was only doing 20% effectiveness when I tried, and potions were basically useless. Kaahi might be a solution but I couldn't test it to verify. SP leech should be fine with EDA and maybe SP shadow garment to keep Kaahi going, but HP leech didn't cut it for me using EDA + Malicious Shadow so, not sure why that is. Damage wasn't amazing but still somewhat surprising HP leech wasn't noticeable.

Before/After:
Ikuw6DS.png hoRnxjg.png

Still need to do a stat reset I think. Might do 63 str, 60 dex, 90 luk, 50 vit.

cFNHnfm.png

7t07bVw.png

For healing in union cvb+kaahi is definitely nice. Alternatively i tried condensed white pot+toy syringe. Was healing for 800+ on my 90 vit tkm in union didnt use a flamel card but 200% more healing  would make it a good option too.

Edited by FBKFBKFBK, 06 June 2021 - 11:03 PM.

#12 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 07 June 2021 - 08:08 AM

For healing in union cvb+kaahi is definitely nice. Alternatively i tried condensed white pot+toy syringe. Was healing for 800+ on my 90 vit tkm in union didnt use a flamel card but 200% more healing  would make it a good option too.

Kaahi states that it heals you when you receive an enemy attack, does it activate with each tick of heat? Or does it only work when a monster makes an attack attempt? CVB would have definitely been all that was needed for leveling since everything you'd be hunting in Union would die in 1 heat tick. But for anything bigger than 2-3 ticks of heat you would need some leech I think, or really good consumable buffs as you mentioned.

I did a damage test on the izlude eggs, (without taking extra attacks from an enemy) tengu + malicious + HP Leech garment + Rideword was enough to keep me alive, but it was still possible to die if unlucky enough. Mathematically I can take 40 attacks before I drop below 20% hp and insta-die. So I need like 3% leech chance to ensure I get at least 1 leech before I die and from there it is a damage problem, like if I was doing 30-40k damage instead I'd get a larger leech to fill my HP. Also, since union does a % of HP the size of my HP pool doesn't matter, and a lower max HP pool actually makes it easier to stay alive (from a pure self inflicted damage standpoint).

Heat is really weird, it doesn't register the damage in the combat log, and it is really inconsistent in the rate that the damage is dealt. I think this was changed pre-renewal but I can't remember what the mechanics of their actual "fix" was. I am not sure if it is an iRO customization, but if it is we should probably get rid of it :)

Based on the damage numbers and the variable rate of attack, I think I'm around 90-100k DPS which makes it the strongest job below level 100.

#13 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 07 June 2021 - 08:48 AM

Kahii activates when you get attacked(even if the hit misses or is protected by barriers)

CVB + Kahii is the way to go for killing stuff around and having nearly complete imortality.

ps: nah TKM is not even close to being the strongesr sub 100 class. May be at a higher spot if you count only 2nd classes, but def not against trans/gunslinger. That said the class access their "full potential" in a much less gear intensive way than others.
(only if you find a way to get consistent 50 hits/second Heat cap)

Edited by Ashuckel, 07 June 2021 - 09:17 AM.

#14 FBKFBKFBK

FBKFBKFBK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 07 June 2021 - 01:28 PM

Kaahi states that it heals you when you receive an enemy attack, does it activate with each tick of heat? Or does it only work when a monster makes an attack attempt? CVB would have definitely been all that was needed for leveling since everything you'd be hunting in Union would die in 1 heat tick. But for anything bigger than 2-3 ticks of heat you would need some leech I think, or really good consumable buffs as you mentioned.

I did a damage test on the izlude eggs, (without taking extra attacks from an enemy) tengu + malicious + HP Leech garment + Rideword was enough to keep me alive, but it was still possible to die if unlucky enough. Mathematically I can take 40 attacks before I drop below 20% hp and insta-die. So I need like 3% leech chance to ensure I get at least 1 leech before I die and from there it is a damage problem, like if I was doing 30-40k damage instead I'd get a larger leech to fill my HP. Also, since union does a % of HP the size of my HP pool doesn't matter, and a lower max HP pool actually makes it easier to stay alive (from a pure self inflicted damage standpoint).

Heat is really weird, it doesn't register the damage in the combat log, and it is really inconsistent in the rate that the damage is dealt. I think this was changed pre-renewal but I can't remember what the mechanics of their actual "fix" was. I am not sure if it is an iRO customization, but if it is we should probably get rid of it :)

Based on the damage numbers and the variable rate of attack, I think I'm around 90-100k DPS which makes it the strongest job below level 100.

Ash said it all basically. For a better accessory option I suggest advanced ring of flame lord+ring of resonance.Meteor assault procs alot just using heat alone and the meteor assault dmg is boosted by your crit dmg gears when using union can be doing 200k+ meteor assault try it. Also you can change your aunoe card to ominous assaulter for 90 atk and 10% more crit dmg.

Kahii activates when you get attacked(even if the hit misses or is protected by barriers)
CVB + Kahii is the way to go for killing stuff around and having nearly complete imortality.
ps: nah TKM is not even close to being the strongesr sub 100 class. May be at a higher spot if you count only 2nd classes, but def not against trans/gunslinger. That said the class access their "full potential" in a much less gear intensive way than others.
(only if you find a way to get consistent 50 hits/second Heat cap)

How do you do 50 hits of heat? I saw a video by Zayann titled 50 hits heat I think but didn't get it lol.

Edited by FBKFBKFBK, 07 June 2021 - 01:33 PM.

#15 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 07 June 2021 - 02:09 PM

not sure myself how to make it consistent, but that's how often heat used to hit in pre-renewal and why it was completely busted against anything immune to knockback.
It's essentially hitting at the maximum action speed of the game, equivalent to 199 aspd.

#16 FBKFBKFBK

FBKFBKFBK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 07 June 2021 - 02:48 PM

not sure myself how to make it consistent, but that's how often heat used to hit in pre-renewal and why it was completely busted against anything immune to knockback.
It's essentially hitting at the maximum action speed of the game, equivalent to 199 aspd.

Dam thought you would know. I had tried playing tkm on another server that did something interesting. Each heat had a different hit per sec in MS values like one at 1000ms one at 1200ms etc made me think back to zayaans vid and wonder if each heat has a different hit per sec. Looking at all the sls skills its possible for each heat to do something different with stellar being the best one. That or does each heat stack?(pretty sure no but throwing out ideas maybe they just giga nerfed it)

Edited by FBKFBKFBK, 07 June 2021 - 03:08 PM.

#17 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 07 June 2021 - 03:51 PM

Oh nice, I wasn't aware of ominous assaulter card. MA + union sounds pretty nuts. I will test those sometime.

Wouldn't casting Gfist from RoR + RoFL totally screw your SP for Heat though? I'd be happy with 10 hits per second from heat but it doesn't really seem like its even 193 aspd on average.

#18 FBKFBKFBK

FBKFBKFBK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 07 June 2021 - 03:52 PM

Oh nice, I wasn't aware of ominous assaulter card. MA + union sounds pretty nuts. I will test those sometime.

Wouldn't casting Gfist from RoR + RoFL totally screw your SP for Heat though? I'd be happy with 10 hits per second from heat but it doesn't really seem like its even 193 aspd on average.

Advanced ror+advanced rofl doesn't have gfist

#19 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts

Posted 07 June 2021 - 04:50 PM

you wouldnt autocast skills with heat tho just doenst work like that, for example im using heat with advanced rofl in the video and it just doenst cast skills heat only proc effects like leech or buffs like +50 atk from Full moon costume stuff like that.

#20 FBKFBKFBK

FBKFBKFBK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 07 June 2021 - 05:14 PM

you wouldnt autocast skills with heat tho just doenst work like that, for example im using heat with advanced rofl in the video and it just doenst cast skills heat only proc effects like leech or buffs like +50 atk from Full moon costume stuff like that.

Right my bad I always used union while playing tkm. When I first played tkm I had made a post that ledger of death was autocasting on self when using union causing insta death basically and making ledger of death useless when using union. It was found out that the hp loss from union was causing the skill to proc on self so actually the proc of advanced rofl +advanced rofl would be from the combination of heat and union's hp loss. I also had mad bunny shield not sure if its needed but its easy to test.

https://forums.warpp...=+ledger +death

Edited by FBKFBKFBK, 07 June 2021 - 05:28 PM.

#21 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 07 June 2021 - 06:00 PM

Tested aRoR and aRoFL + 2x Ominous Bible: https://www.divine-p...y/download/1208

MA added ~130-140k randomly which was about 1/4 of the overall damage surprisingly.

Battle Report: https://www.divine-p...de=playerDamage

Also yes, the rings don't work unless you are being 'damaged' by Union.

I was just thinking, maybe Grand Peco Sunnies or Rideword would be good for +30 luk from Gloria.

Edited by Scuba, 07 June 2021 - 06:09 PM.

#22 FBKFBKFBK

FBKFBKFBK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 07 June 2021 - 06:26 PM

Tested aRoR and aRoFL + 2x Ominous Bible: https://www.divine-p...y/download/1208

MA added ~130-140k randomly which was about 1/4 of the overall damage surprisingly.

Battle Report: https://www.divine-p...de=playerDamage

Also yes, the rings don't work unless you are being 'damaged' by Union.

I was just thinking, maybe Grand Peco Sunnies or Rideword would be good for +30 luk from Gloria.

Nice you tried out the ror+rof and ominous assaulter cards. I want to try a falling star union physical auto cast build when star emperor comes out maybe use enforcer shoes to up the meteor assault dmg tho temp luk+temporal ring could be too good to pass up.

Edited by FBKFBKFBK, 07 June 2021 - 06:50 PM.

#23 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts

Posted 07 June 2021 - 07:35 PM

now that makes sense haha very nice XD

So it was you that bought the ominous assaulter cards huh noticed some vanishing suddenly :P

Edited by vividort, 07 June 2021 - 07:36 PM.

#24 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1801 posts

Posted 08 June 2021 - 09:06 AM

How do you do 50 hits of heat? I saw a video by Zayann titled 50 hits heat I think but didn't get it lol.

That only works on non boss monsters by pinning them against walls. Also I thought it wasn't possible to proc Miracle off Talkie Boxes anymore. I tried it like a year+ ago and it just wouldn't proc

And Scuba your damage display is probably just laggy, it should always hit 10x per sec on bosses

I was messing around on TKM sometime ago too when I purchased Gopinich Card. Spoiler: Gopinich + Kaahi isn't enough to keep you alive under Union, at least in low TI. I only tried it once and haven't logged the TKM since

#25 FBKFBKFBK

FBKFBKFBK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 08 June 2021 - 01:49 PM

That only works on non boss monsters by pinning them against walls.

Thats quite specific but interesting to know it works at all.

Edited by FBKFBKFBK, 08 June 2021 - 01:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users