July 8th Renewal Maintenance - Page 3 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

July 8th Renewal Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
87 replies to this topic

#51 AkiuNok

AkiuNok

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 July 2021 - 12:25 PM

For the July 22nd patch, we are testing the 4 castles that were turned off from WoE 1 about a decade ago. Once we can be sure that they work properly, we will turn them on for the July 22nd maintenance.

add 4 more castles to Wednesday WoE?? don't think it's a good idea... The number of players per castle will decrease even more, and today there are already few players who play WoE. Please don't make these kinds of decisions so lightly

Fixed missing card images for the Faceworm Card Set

Are there any plans to add the missing illustrations to other sets?

Spoiler Some missing card img

also for the Weakened Fenrir Card the file num2cardillustnametable.txt has the line

4557#펜릴카드_#

but in the GRF the file data\texture\유저인터페이스\cardbmp\펜릴카드_.bmp doesn't exist, instead the file data\texture\유저인터페이스\cardbmp\약화된펜릴카드.bmp can be found

Spoiler Preview of 약화된펜릴카드.bmp

Fixed missing item descriptions for Dien's Envelope and ID Card

Also the Costume Pink Bunny Band or Costume Pink Bunny Hairband(id:31778) and Costume Gray Bunny Band or Costume Gray Bunny Hairband(id:31776) has its description missing. (aka the participation rewards from [Creative Contest] Egg Painting Contest
imagen.png

Fixed an issue where Reverberation would not experience the full bonus for MATK Damage

I tested the damage and are perfect, but the skill still bugged, it is supposed to leave a bomb/note that explodes after a while or triggered with the skill Dominion Impulse which is not happening.

Spoiler Reverberation test damage

Edited by AkiuNok, 09 July 2021 - 12:33 PM.

#52 6250140829153758463

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 July 2021 - 12:56 PM

To be fair, that's one of the worst updates I've ever seen. 6 monsters in any TI with only two quests.

I only saw four monsters in Mid TI--the two for this week (Dullahan, Nepenthes) and the two for next week (Anubis, Vanberk).

Edited by 6250140829153758463, 09 July 2021 - 12:57 PM.

#53 FBKFBKFBK

FBKFBKFBK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 09 July 2021 - 01:43 PM

Ragnarok will be this continuosly pain and grind forever and we will stuck in this stockholm syndrome based in pure nostalgia until the server closes.

Someone stop him hes figured it out!  :heh:

#54 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts

Posted 09 July 2021 - 03:03 PM

No its because we have to keep the map in a static state for 2 weeks. All 4 monster slots per map will be cycled at the same time.

You can also reduce the amount of mobs to kill required by gramps quest from 400 to 300 (or keep it the same and increase the number of mobs a little more?) and allow us to take 4 quests instead of two.

#55 AkiuNok

AkiuNok

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 09 July 2021 - 03:07 PM

You can also reduce the amount of mobs to kill required by gramps quest from 400 to 300 (or keep it the same and increase the number of mobs a little more?) and allow us to take 4 quests instead of two.

and reduce the exp to exp_monster*300 o maintain on exp_monster*400??

#56 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 09 July 2021 - 03:23 PM

there are various possible ways to apporach improving the new way gramps will work.

For example, splitting the kill quest into 2x 200 kill quests(you can pick it again after once before getting the daily cooldown).
This would more or less reflect the time to get a complete kill count as before, so it would maintain the tight timers of battle manuals in check. Issue then is the exp reward is reduced, and you still get punished by the change. Doubling the exp reward at the same time will more or less even it out in that aspect, but it still feels bad when doing the killing that only half of the mobs are relevant.

Rewards aside, the increased and equally split monster variety makes the map harder to deal with, as you now have to gear defensively against 4 monsters instead of 2(the leftover monsters from previous weeks didnt make you change gears before).

And it can more easily and for longer, completely brick some characters from effecrively participating.
A monster with reflect ocupies 25% of the pool for 2 weeks straight, deterring melee classes from participating, or a holy element monster heavily punishing most casters for longer(while completely gutting ABs)

#57 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 09 July 2021 - 03:36 PM

To be fair, that's one of the worst updates I've ever seen. 6 monsters in any TI with only two quests. The players with weaker equipments, that already suffers a lot to quest, will absolutly give up on the game. Do you guys ever played Ragnarok in the actual days? There's no partys anymore, people mostly level up with AFK equipments or buying leech. New players can't level in this scenarios. Would you mind to make it easier? Ragnarok will be this continuosly pain and grind forever and we will stuck in this stockholm syndrome based in pure nostalgia until the server closes.

Maybe they can permanently put OCP firesales on 24/7 so new players can spend some money to gear up or do AFK build. Feel the pain of new players, having no party, having crappy equips, then have to walk around to find mobs while AFK standing everywhere lol

#58 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 09 July 2021 - 04:10 PM

add 4 more castles to Wednesday WoE?? don't think it's a good idea... The number of players per castle will decrease even more, and today there are already few players who play WoE. Please don't make these kinds of decisions so lightly

Are there any plans to add the missing illustrations to other sets?

Spoiler Some missing card img

also for the Weakened Fenrir Card the file num2cardillustnametable.txt has the line

4557#펜릴카드_#
but in the GRF the file data\texture\유저인터페이스\cardbmp\펜릴카드_.bmp doesn't exist, instead the file data\texture\유저인터페이스\cardbmp\약화된펜릴카드.bmp can be found
Spoiler Preview of 약화된펜릴카드.bmp

Also the Costume Pink Bunny Band or Costume Pink Bunny Hairband(id:31778) and Costume Gray Bunny Band or Costume Gray Bunny Hairband(id:31776) has its description missing. (aka the participation rewards from [Creative Contest] Egg Painting Contest
imagen.png

I tested the damage and are perfect, but the skill still bugged, it is supposed to leave a bomb/note that explodes after a while or triggered with the skill Dominion Impulse which is not happening.
Spoiler Reverberation test damage

.......does it really matter that much that we don't need to bother using dominion impulse? Sounds like a plus for PvM in all honesty...... I mean WoE and PvP I guess there would be a slight issue.
I mean yes sure I miss the grace notes too but my heart will go on.

#59 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts
  • Locationhttps://www.artstation.com/rockheir

Posted 09 July 2021 - 07:15 PM

Hello ROCKheir,

To answer your question, the rework reverberation no longer leaves a grace note like trap at all, its now just at max level, a 5x5 AoE physical hybrid attack. It still does show a grace note at certain times but this usually only happens with low aspd, at high aspd its as you see mostly, instant attack.

Hopefully this was what you were inquiring about, I get told I lost the plot by alot of people hahahaha.

Hi, PervySageMarty,

If that is true then iRO SHOULD rework Dominion Impulse 'coz at the moment all it does is the premature detonation of planted Reverbs within skill range while Reverb could no longer be planted on the ground in the way that it did before. Either they revert the trap-like mechanics of Reverb or they rework Dominion Impulse to do something else that is hopefully worthwhile.

It is indeed what the inquiry was for. Thank you. ;)

#60 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts

Posted 09 July 2021 - 09:24 PM

Hi, PervySageMarty,

If that is true then iRO SHOULD rework Dominion Impulse 'coz at the moment all it does is the premature detonation of planted Reverbs within skill range while Reverb could no longer be planted on the ground in the way that it did before. Either they revert the trap-like mechanics of Reverb or they rework Dominion Impulse to do something else that is hopefully worthwhile.

It is indeed what the inquiry was for. Thank you. ;)

Hi ROCKheir,

to answer it for the short end, Dominion Impulse became unused after the lvl 185 Performers rework, and wasn't until the lvl 200 total 3rd class rework that the skill was completely removed from the skills tree, changing the pre-requisite for getting Metallic Sound to be level 5 Reverberation.

There is no need to worry about Dominion Impulse if at all.

#61 dariken

dariken

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2021 - 11:16 PM

Where is sprakki? I am trying to change jobs and I can’t find sprakki and it is hindering me from continuing. Help please?

#62 6250140829153758463

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 09 July 2021 - 11:26 PM

Is your character a Booster Event-created character? If so, you shouldn't need to go to Sprakki to change your job. The NPC, Manager, in Prontera at 146, 281 changes your job directly. I didn't try with the First Job Change Ticket, only the Second, Transcendent and Third tickets.

What's your current job, and what are you trying to change to? If to a First Job, I recommend going to the second floor of the academy in Izlude. It's at the northmost point in Izlude (128, 257). The stairs to the second floor are to the left or right after entering the academy.

#63 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 10 July 2021 - 12:57 AM

sometimes. people need to learn to stop. asking for bull-_- fixes

seriously look, the fixed some stupid graphic on patcher, added some bmp for card images
and. totally abandon the previous project they working on, 50 costume to enchanter.

you want visual enhance or you want quality update? you choose.

IF IT MATTER LESS, STOP ASKING FOR IT TO BE FIXED.
GET THE PRIORITY FIXED THEN ASK FOR YOUR STUPID THINGS.

i been saying that warpportal is low on manpower. there is only so much they can do each week.
and you all wasted the precious maintenance on crap.

#64 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 10 July 2021 - 01:36 AM

They also wasted their time on ROT maintenance

#65 CrazyLion

CrazyLion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationColombia/Sinergia

Posted 10 July 2021 - 11:27 AM

Lets going to be honest, the 85% of the castles are owned by 2 guilds, and the rest 15% is owned by the alliances of those 2 big guilds, opening more castles will at least give more chances to get a castle for NON-MVP guilds. 

#66 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 10 July 2021 - 11:41 AM

seriously look, the fixed some stupid graphic on patcher, added some bmp for card images
and. totally abandon the previous project they working on, 50 costume to enchanter.

i been saying that warpportal is low on manpower. there is only so much they can do each week.

And Camp needs more players to empower him through card swapping. He then can hire more staffs. People who don't swap shouldn't even complain or ask lok

#67 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 10 July 2021 - 11:44 AM

Lets going to be honest, the 85% of the castles are owned by 2 guilds, and the rest 15% is owned by the alliances of those 2 big guilds, opening more castles will at least give more chances to get a castle for NON-MVP guilds.

Been saying to disable MvP cards, OCPs, and probably God's in WoE long time ago. It's what it is. Guess that they will still open more castles regardless. Whatever they do however will always result in winners and losers.

#68 joshxtisoy

joshxtisoy

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 July 2021 - 06:33 PM

This is a very inconsiderate decision from the developers. You made this change in the middle of the booster event. Have you ever played AB or GX with this setup in the TIs? Did you even consider the feelings of those new players that doesn't have good AFK gears? The booster event I think had a positive impact on the game. New players are playing as well as old ones are returning. But this new TI setup snuffed the fire within the hearts of players. Personally i do not care what will happen on TI since I mostly have maxed out chars. But, I love this game and do not want it to be ruined by bad decision-making from those who run it. I am here simply to make an appeal to you Campitor. Rethink of your decision on TI before it's too late.

Edited by joshxtisoy, 10 July 2021 - 06:39 PM.

#69 dragonseph

dragonseph

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 July 2021 - 08:33 PM

^^^^^ this! As a returning player from a long time ago, no characters above lvl 115. Gramps TI went from fun to extremely difficult to solo or duo with certain classes. Should have at least waited until after the booster event to implement the change. The style of play now needed for gramps TI, is not conducive to new players or returning players.

#70 YuriMeian

YuriMeian

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 July 2021 - 12:38 AM

Uh... I went in to high TI to level up my 127 GX, did 20 seconds and left. I'm just going to wait until they cycle the 4 monsters out on July 23rd, or wait until they remove this thing.

Bad experience.

Compensate it by putting Spotlight at Illusion of Abyss Turtle Island post June 22nd?

Edited by YuriMeian, 11 July 2021 - 12:47 AM.

#71 Cormaiel

Cormaiel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 July 2021 - 01:21 AM

• Monster Spawn Structure has been changed. Spawns are now evenly divided between monsters for both weeks.

Uh. Is this permanent or just for the following two weeks?

#72 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts

Posted 11 July 2021 - 06:11 AM

Not all changes are for the better.

#73 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts

Posted 11 July 2021 - 10:03 AM

People are thinking TI is for solo or just duo? Veterans can but players in general should be making 12 man parties.

#74 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 11 July 2021 - 10:33 AM

What is this ranting for?, you said like all work put on WP staffs. We sent buck of all we want to studios and studios would doing what they can.

Harder bug like Mob skills/Skills balanced/Equipment bug? already reported, but stupid bug like Graphic/visual/2 line texts fixed?, why not?. They will not fixed your priority bug like next week patch anyway.

Are we really want that costume enchanter? Not now for sure. When they really matter to enchant anyway. (Nothing new on enchanting stone box since 2 years?)

Edited by aTID2, 11 July 2021 - 10:35 AM.

#75 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts

Posted 11 July 2021 - 02:22 PM

be smart about it.

you see all that new costume coming out. couldn't even enchant them.
these were suppose to be updated into the enchanter. 

there are stuff that has to be fixed by studio, and there are some which can be done by warpportal.
matter of fact, new enchant stone for costume has to rely on studio, adding current "new" costume can be done by WP.

^ as right now the comparison is just visual bug -> costume enchanter.
but don't forget. there were many times where they drifted off , went to fix some insignificant bugs and delayed the testing of new content which they received from studio.
you wont be speaking like this, if 185 testing had been delayed due to these stupid visual enhance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users