It's time for a Classic server - Page 4 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 11 votes

It's time for a Classic server

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#76 Lilp

Lilp

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Loki Classic Server

Posted 19 October 2021 - 09:13 AM

bump cuz ppl wants classic server

#77 CMMayari

CMMayari

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1238 posts
  • Twitter:@CMMayari

Posted 19 October 2021 - 09:50 AM

As with any big announcements, if this is ever happening, it will be announced in an official post when there is news to share. Thank you!

#78 Lilp

Lilp

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Server:Loki Classic Server

Posted 19 October 2021 - 12:37 PM

thx babe

#79 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 30 October 2021 - 05:26 AM

thx babe

#80 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 04 January 2022 - 06:38 AM

A new year! A new server!?

#81 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 23 December 2022 - 09:50 AM

:)

#82 6773131031232342973

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1484 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Violet
  • Server:Best ragnarok

Posted 25 December 2022 - 12:05 PM

They can't even handle 1 and half server and you want another?

#83 smurpet

smurpet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 08 July 2023 - 03:00 AM

can classic pre-renewal be heard? with the closing of that one P. N. maybe they can be enjoyed some classic here. oh is that 3rd server still alive? freya? maybe replace it by a classic one instead.

#84 Essmikayl

Essmikayl

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Twitter:@bhismocabbage
  • Locationphone code +62
  • Server:Mayhem

Posted 08 July 2023 - 09:27 AM

no

#85 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 08 July 2023 - 08:45 PM

that one isnt even classic

#86 smurpet

smurpet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 14 July 2023 - 02:52 AM

They can't even handle 1 and half server and you want another?

with the current GM active.. i think he can.. he even ressurect the facebook and even make a guide.. maybe he needs a little more time to cope in current situation... its out duty(players) to believe and trust them. we can do this.

#87 havocstopper

havocstopper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationNew England, USA
  • Server:Between Worlds

Posted 25 July 2023 - 01:21 PM

with the current GM active.. i think he can.. he even ressurect the facebook and even make a guide.. maybe he needs a little more time to cope in current situation... its out duty(players) to believe and trust them. we can do this.

The only "duty" we have is to choose if we want to play the game or not, not to toss our time and money into what some may call an unreliable service.

That being said, I'd play it (if cosmetic shop only).

#88 Xplay4eva

Xplay4eva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 04 August 2023 - 01:34 PM

If its not too much trouble then I think they should definitely do it!

It could be said that where Transcendence and the other similar ones went wrong is that they were not necessarily bad but they were still very similar to Renewal so maybe not different enough to get invested in?

Classic on the other hand could succeed in those very same places but it would be because of different reasons. For instance, slightly different character growth stats, slightly different monster abilities and slightly different mid and end game. I would not exactly say that x thing is better than y from Renewal but its more like a ton of little things that when taken together give the game a somewhat different feel. (if one has played both for comparison)

So then the question could be "Is it worth it to play on something like Classic in August of the current year?" and my honest answer would be a very strong "maybe". I think the best way that Classic exists (when it was open) is like an on ramp or companion for Renewal. Like for a brand new player they could start on IRO Classic and then change to Renewal later or even just stay on Classic. The two are different enough that it can be worthwhile but it still depends on the player.

There is also the question of will peoples be ok with a server that will stop doing major changes after a certain point? Based on the past this would probably be fine if it is clearly explained from the start.

So then it needs some ground rules I guess. Nothing concrete but maybe a low exp rate and limited items that can impact the market. I recall Classic leveling to be slow but that can be good if it works in contrast to the other servers so players can swap if they wish.

Also what about selling hats and posters or something? And if enough sell then the server can reopen even faster!

And maybe allowing the sale of a few power items in the game but only with some kind of limits. Since they can be tempting but as others have brought up could be bad for the game if there is too much in the long run. Additionally adding a character ranking on the Classic Ragnarok page could be fun if the exp was low enough for some kind of race.

TL DR: They should bring back Classic again because players would be able to try it + Renewal. (slightly better for new players, probably)

@Heimdallr

Thank you, pls

Edited by Xplay4eva, 05 August 2023 - 01:36 AM.

#89 BardBun

BardBun

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 20 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 December 2023 - 02:16 AM

I would very much like a Classic Server please!

I'm so starved of Ragnarok, I'd even forgive the banning of european players a few years back.

(even though now you can register and play from Europe again, the old accounts are still blocked)

Just copy the iRO Classic Loki server from 2010 (or was it 2011/12?)
You wouldn't even have to work on any special events, just let us experience that wonderful time again.

I don't see any downsides of it.

WarpPortal gets profit and a giant influx of players IF they proper announce the server at least 1 month before it starts, and with that lots of profit.

And those players probably wouldn't play just on the Classic server but also go on Renewal and try out the other WarpPortal games.

And we get our episodic Classic Server.

The last point is very important to me personally, having an episodic release.

As far as I remember iRO Classic Loki had only AlDeBaran available at the start and slowly introduced more and more maps and 2-2 classes with bi-monthly patches or so.

Please WarpPortal, make this happen!
Give us another iRO Classic Loki.

Maybe even call it the same or be fancy and call it Classic Loki EX.

Edited by BardBun, 28 January 2024 - 01:28 PM.

#90 smurpet

smurpet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 26 December 2023 - 02:46 PM

try to copy landverse one it has skill rework/rebalance on 2-1/2-2 job classes but dont copy the NFT features. well its official too so why not? but if its ok to you you can do it NFT too.. play to earn for more extra salary in your company..

Edited by smurpet, 26 December 2023 - 02:47 PM.

#91 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn

Posted 01 January 2024 - 04:41 PM

BRING IT BACK

classic guild leader reporting for duty, been server hopping for years and no one does it just right. god, hire me and i’ll do content for peanuts or anything to make this happen!!! i just want a server that won’t go away and isn’t angry at ice picks existing or determined to rebalance something they don’t understand.

used to stream it too, would love to again without fear of getting the server taken down because it’s not official, even though there literally is no official option for us classic folk

#92 Bisukemar

Bisukemar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationWesteros
  • Server:Thor

Posted 02 January 2024 - 06:08 PM

I saw this from reddit, and to be honest, my friends would love to play an official classic server too!

#93 volhalem

volhalem

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2024 - 07:37 AM

Bring it backkk.

Montlhy subscription, no cashshop (only dyes) and in-game events. Nothing fancy but just to have a bit of gameplay varity <snip> no new graphics or anything.

Minimum effort from Gravity, just money entering their pockets from a share of the customers they dont reach now.

I would love to play it with my friends and remember the good old times.

Edited by VModIceCreamCake - Please don’t discuss games released by other companies even in comparison

Edited by VModIceCreamCake, 05 January 2024 - 12:57 AM.

#94 Oldnewguy

Oldnewguy

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2024 - 10:24 AM

Just copy the iRO Classic Loki server from 2010?
You wouldn't even have to work on any special events, just let us experience that wonderful time again.

Just do this, please. No adjustment/no rebalance to skills, no new content at the beggining.

There are no real classic servers anymore. All servers are at least custom, with dumb skill changes and spoiled players crying about gutterlines and such. That’s not classic.

The closest thing we had of classic was iRO Classic, in 2012. I fell like it was REALLY good.

If you ask me, GMs rushed a little too much. You need to hype people for updates and make them wait while they enjoy woe rivalry.

Of course WP is a company and his goal is profit, so it is impossible not to have cashshop. Let’s accept that if we want this server. We are talking about a highly profitable server. Classic had 2-3k people maybe? And everyone I knew spent (at least once) money in cashpoint.

If it closes in a few months? Well, WP will have already capitalized on it. It's a win/win situation.

Here’s my idea:

A) It should start at Juno episode and get 1 episode every 2-3 months. 1.5x/1.5x/1.5x plus VIP system. Old interface and old client, not the Renewal one.

B) Don’t allow macros, 4rtools, custom GRF or anything else. People want pure classic, so let’s give them pure classic.

C) Cashshop similar to iRO Classic (vip, battle manual, kafra cards, enriched, rental gears for pvm, gym pass, token of sieg, insurance and other stuff that doesn’t affect the woe scenario too much). I really think people would accept that. Costumes will never be profitable.

D) That’s for the players. If we can pull this out, it’s our last chance of a classic server. So don’t blow it. Don’t exploit bugs, don’t keep complaning about “no content” and of course don’t cheat. Just enjoy the game you asked for cause there’s no other like it. Trust me, if people see guilds cheating they will quit and the server will close.

E) Allow players from everywhere.

That's it. Let all old guilds/players know it’s a possibility.

#95 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 06 January 2024 - 05:26 AM

ofc people will cheat

#96 BardBun

BardBun

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 January 2024 - 09:01 PM

ofc people will cheat

Be the change you want to see.

Don't cheat.

Don't bot.

And report those that do and call them out.

It's time to leave this toxic 12 year old mentality away that plagues Ragnarok even in the year 2024.

Edited by BardBun, 14 January 2024 - 09:01 PM.

#97 Alexsyko

Alexsyko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 21 February 2024 - 11:59 AM

Be the change you want to see.

Don't cheat.

Don't bot.

And report those that do and call them out.

It's time to leave this toxic 12 year old mentality away that plagues Ragnarok even in the year 2024.

Dude really said "report those that do" :hmm: are you new? I remember reporting bots back in RESTART and news flash everyone. WP did nothing and they probably don't care at ALL. 

#98 smurpet

smurpet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 23 February 2024 - 01:30 AM

classic play to earn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users