Monster Backstory? - Page 3 - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Monster Backstory?

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#51 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 17 January 2011 - 01:35 AM

Oh thanks ODA that would be great. Even if it is just five that still would help. Plus im sure if anyone else gets info they will share it with me as well. So my list will be:

Detard
Myst
Thanatos
Orcs (any of them or all of them if you can)
Baphomet (is he a gardian of somthing? or is he just evil)

Also i have a question about Endless Tower. Is it just a world created by naught where the monster and MVP's in the tower are just replicas of real monsters or are they real monsters protecting the tower?

I found some monster codex stuff on the archived version of the site here: http://web.archive.o....asp?Category=0

Baphomet
Legendary notorious demon that lives in the deep jungle.
He treats human beings as insects.
The scythe he carries with him is powerful enough to slay a large number of enemies at a time.
However the power of scythe is far strong, forcing him to (cuts off mysteriously here)

Orc Warrior

Warrior of the orc tribe living in the forest. It is dumb but mighty.
Orcs own their language and society. They like smoking with dried roll-up leaves, tend to attack human passersby for extorting their money and goods.

Orc Lady

Female of the orc tribe who uses a big giant kitchen knife as a weapon.
This is off-the-topic, it seems the orc tribe males think of them as beautiful.

Myst

A poisonous, fog-shapped monster.
According to the references of monster scholars,
it is considered to consist of nemerous amount of floating microorganisms.

#52 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:45 AM

hmmmm...Some interesting stuff there. That list though seems...incomplete for some reason. Did somthing happen to it or somthing?

#53 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 17 January 2011 - 01:50 PM

So any other info anyone can give me?

#54 Wazza

Wazza

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:18 PM

Baphomet
Legendary notorious demon that lives in the deep jungle.
He treats human beings as insects.
The scythe he carries with him is powerful enough to slay a large number of enemies at a time.
However the power of scythe is far strong, forcing him to (cuts off mysteriously here)

If I remember corrently, Baphomet was forced to punch people.

#55 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:36 PM

Just did Hellion's quest. Learned about it and Screen shotted things. That might be somthing i can use as one chapter. http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/happy.gif

#56 Pooru

Pooru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Locationsouthern california
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:21 PM

all i remenber is that lord of death was called william and is from a chapter from the bible.

do quote i want to see this reference of lord of death called william in the bible.

#57 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:36 PM

Hey ODA did you find anything on Detard yet?

#58 antikv

antikv

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1285 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:44 PM

do quote i want to see this reference of lord of death called william in the bible.

i actually found this on the chinese offical ro forum(im chinese canadian incase u are wondering how im able to understand it)....a long time ago..

#59 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:00 PM

I think we need an RO monster encyclopedia in actual book form. Something one can hold in one's hot little hands. 8[

#60 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:12 PM

I created a little wiki for people to post monster info for iro if they want aka the story behind the monster. IroLore Wiki

#61 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:39 PM

I created a little wiki for people to post monster info for iro if they want aka the story behind the monster. IroLore Wiki

Did you just create this?

#62 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:10 AM

Hey ODA did you find anything on Detard yet?

Doesn't look like there is specific lore I've been able to see on Detardeurus besides "dragons were summoned by Satan Morroc"

Kind of looks like Gamera to me, or some kind of kaiju monster.

#63 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:40 AM

Doesn't look like there is specific lore I've been able to see on Detardeurus besides "dragons were summoned by Satan Morroc"

Kind of looks like Gamera to me, or some kind of kaiju monster.

Well then sir, i am able to make up w/e i want about it now lol. Im thinking, guardian of the treasure in AL3. Plus maybe a curse that happens if you take any of that treasure /gg

#64 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:56 AM

I want to know about the story behind Beelz!

Posted Image

#65 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:08 AM

I wish my old computer still worked, I have on it at least 80% of ro quest screenshots from were I was on Iris, since I would screenshot a lot of dialogs I remember I went over 800 before I started sort out of the folder... and then my computer shut down on me and stopped working Y_Y

I remember Sword guardian and bow guardian are product of lighthazel technology and were the pre-cursor to the cloning system of Biolabs

also, for biolabs, while is a fanvideo I love the art of the bio story they put here

#66 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:18 PM

Did you just create this?

Yeah lol

#67 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:25 PM

Yeah lol

Well i would be happy to help fill in w/e i know from my research but it will take time. Also you can use w/e is in this thread. there is a link i posted earlier use that as well.

#68 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:58 AM

Still looking for information on Detard (if there is nothing im making up something lol) and also Dopple.

#69 Bootz

Bootz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:03 AM

What I really wanna know is stories on

Thanatos

Satan Morroc

Bio monsters/lab

those seem the most interesting to me 0.o

#70 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 21 January 2011 - 06:38 AM

bumping this up

#71 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:39 AM

Would anyone be able to help further explain the Rachiel Sanctuary monsters to me? Specifically Gloom Under Night. I did the Rachiel sanctuary quest but it left a lot unexplained to me. Supposedly there was a 'mana leak' that caused the monsters to appear (I assume they mean the gremlins/hodremlin/beholder) but Isilla and Vanberks seem to me like they're human enemies rather than monsters. As for the Gloom Under Night, does it have any other reason to be there?

As for the human enemies found in the Holy Ground, what's up with them? Did they just go mad or something? I remember that kid saying that the priests are always fighting at night, and then there was the bloody room outside of the holy ground.

It seems like a fascinating and spooky story, so it would be cool if I could find out more.

#72 ButtardToast

ButtardToast

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 568 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:25 AM

Would anyone be able to help further explain the Rachiel Sanctuary monsters to me? Specifically Gloom Under Night. I did the Rachiel sanctuary quest but it left a lot unexplained to me. Supposedly there was a 'mana leak' that caused the monsters to appear (I assume they mean the gremlins/hodremlin/beholder) but Isilla and Vanberks seem to me like they're human enemies rather than monsters. As for the Gloom Under Night, does it have any other reason to be there?

As for the human enemies found in the Holy Ground, what's up with them? Did they just go mad or something? I remember that kid saying that the priests are always fighting at night, and then there was the bloody room outside of the holy ground.

It seems like a fascinating and spooky story, so it would be cool if I could find out more.

I would also like to know the story about this.

Also, would like to know about Atroce and Deviling.

More info on these monsters, please.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by ButtardToast, 21 January 2011 - 09:36 AM.

#73 ButtardToast

ButtardToast

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 568 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:37 AM

I think I know what Isilla is based of off.

Judges 4:12-24

Edited by ButtardToast, 21 January 2011 - 09:49 AM.

#74 Bootz

Bootz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:12 AM

Found some informations on Thanatos and Morroc and such but they do not really make perfect sense...

For example. Thanatos was the one to defeat/seal away Morroc and he died during his battle. His tower the Thanatos Tower is even more confusing.. as some believe it was built by the Gods, built by Thanatos himself to protect and seal away Morroc, or built by Morroc himself as a gateway of his monsters to spawn which Thanatos was able to take over the tower to stop him.

Now wat else confuse me is that there is maero, despero, dolor, odium thanatos which represent the sadness, agony, hatred, and despair of Thanatos. As well as the Memory of Thanatos/Phantom of Thanatos indicates that he is NOT alive. But why does he have those other spirits of him as he is known as the legend that fought Morroc? Isnt he the good guy? I think the lore to Thanatos is very interesting as .. it doesnt make any sense XD

As to the whole rekenber corp and the bio monsters... another confusing story. There are references to the bio monster's in the somatolgy lab in the game through other npcs. Are they "dead" people? or infected people that are still alive? I read some stories on other characters of the bio monsters but Eremes I could not find at all..
All i know is that these people were gathered as some sort of ultimate weapon experiment? Maybe some quests like the bio weapon quest may be linked to all these. But I heard the lab itself was burned down... Yea i dont know

#75 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:45 PM

Found some informations on Thanatos and Morroc and such but they do not really make perfect sense...

For example. Thanatos was the one to defeat/seal away Morroc and he died during his battle. His tower the Thanatos Tower is even more confusing.. as some believe it was built by the Gods, built by Thanatos himself to protect and seal away Morroc, or built by Morroc himself as a gateway of his monsters to spawn which Thanatos was able to take over the tower to stop him.

Now wat else confuse me is that there is maero, despero, dolor, odium thanatos which represent the sadness, agony, hatred, and despair of Thanatos. As well as the Memory of Thanatos/Phantom of Thanatos indicates that he is NOT alive. But why does he have those other spirits of him as he is known as the legend that fought Morroc? Isnt he the good guy? I think the lore to Thanatos is very interesting as .. it doesnt make any sense XD

As to the whole rekenber corp and the bio monsters... another confusing story. There are references to the bio monster's in the somatolgy lab in the game through other npcs. Are they "dead" people? or infected people that are still alive? I read some stories on other characters of the bio monsters but Eremes I could not find at all..
All i know is that these people were gathered as some sort of ultimate weapon experiment? Maybe some quests like the bio weapon quest may be linked to all these. But I heard the lab itself was burned down... Yea i dont know

They are clones of the original party who was sent on a mission to infiltrate and investigate biolabs, I did all the quest of the republic ~_~ and job changes/skills so I got some of the story but I lost most of my screenshots of the stories.

Anyway I can seem to remember that after the creation of the woe guardias the investigation of the cucko guy advance to do live testing

while Margaretha after becoming high priest because of the "redemption incident" left with her party to a special mission,

after this the party was captured and used for testing and cloning, of course this was for enhancing the power of soldiers and what better test subjects that the most elite classes at the time "the ones who has become einherjar and visited valhalla" so as you can guess the experiment went wrong and everything went nuts down there.

I will redo the quest and put the lore here or all the damn screenshots, whatever is easier XD

Edited by Kiryu, 21 January 2011 - 12:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users