Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 12 February 2011 - 06:59 AM

joe still plays! :Emo_14:

with the old hotkeys i can use 4 fkeys bar + ctrl and alt = 6 bars
with tne new one.. where am i gonna put the all the other skills? shall i switch back and forth on my mage skill tree and offensive tree when i uw?

QFT

I tried explaining the problem I have with this in the patch notes thread but this UI is annoying, we used to indeed have 4 WHOLE tabs ready at our fingertips.... literally, now I have to choose which "mode"" when attacking since it really affects how I play and how fast I can react. Sure we need to get used to stuff, but trading in 4x8 for 1x12..... :S my mouse is busy doing other stuff not changing tabs in the middle of a fight, the whole CTRL ALT thing when choosing which tab depening on which "mode" you are in is too confusing for me. See, that sentence is absolutly crap, it just doesnt make sense!! xD

"grabs the tank of oxygen"

#27 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:05 AM

I smell a big maintenance today or tomorrow to fix all that

I sincerely wish that were true, but I'm not holding my breath. Nor am I going to keep quiet about the issues I don't like about the new interface. Either thay can give us the option of using the old one or fix the problems - especially the skill bar.

WHAT THE HECK WERE THEY THINKING?

Some of the items I listed are annoying, but totally changing the skill bar is beyond the pale. Some one should get non-QWERTY keyboards and force the developers of Rose to use them from now on.

Edited by CoffeeMuse, 12 February 2011 - 07:06 AM.

#28 Rescudo

Rescudo

The One And Only

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationNorway
  • Server:Pegasus

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:09 AM

With my (French/AZERTY) keyboard, absolutely NO shortcut works when I'm in Enter Chat Mode, except the - and = shortcuts (but on my keyboard the - is on the same key as 6 BTW)

Oh and also: on French keyboard, you have to use caps lock or the capital key to put the numbers.
But of course I also tested the bar while in caps lock and there nothing works (not even - and = this time)

On the 2 pictures below, the numbers are in blue (non-caps) on QWERTY keyboards but they are in red (caps needed) on AZERTY keyboards

QWERTY keyboard:
Posted Image

French AZERTY keyboard:
Posted Image

Seriously, just put the old UI back and put the new one when it's fixed

(Oh and while we're at it, since the middle of iROSE or so, we have been unable to use the characters colored in green on the picture (they require alt gr or alt+ctrl), maybe you could also fix this before the end of times, thanks)

I warned Genesis about this issue several weeks before the patch went live, so I'm a bit disappointed to see that it wasn't dealt with.

#29 DocJager

DocJager

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:20 AM

I'm also having issues with the new skillbar.
The only change that does make things easier is the right-click on item. If we can get the normal skillbars and ALT-skillbar back, it would be a huge relief.

#30 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:30 AM

I warned Genesis about this issue several weeks before the patch went live, so I'm a bit disappointed to see that it wasn't dealt with.

When I see all the (other) bugs left after more than one additional week of work, I'm really surprised that this problem wasn't dealt with lol

#31 Callmedude

Callmedude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:34 AM

Also i wan add that we can't minimize our map..that function gone

#32 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:37 AM

I'm also having issues with the new skillbar.
The only change that does make things easier is the right-click on item. If we can get the normal skillbars and ALT-skillbar back, it would be a huge relief.

I agree, that makes sense. I really hope they restore back the old skill bar and soon. This does not enhance my game play one iota. I realize their intentions may have been good, but changing the skill bar or forcing us to use a totally different arrangement is a HUGE mistake. Maybe they didn't really think this through all the way. I think if the developers were forced to use a different format keyboard for work, they might be able to sympathize with how we feel about the skill bar. This is bread and butter stuff for playing the game. We set things up a certain away and get used to them and memorize key strokes.

Also i wan add that we can't minimize our map..that function gone

Holy Smokes, can't minimize the map? Is this new UI supposed to be an improvement? How about we just forgo the improvement please and get the old UI back - STAT!

Edited by CoffeeMuse, 12 February 2011 - 07:44 AM.

#33 MINTmommy

MINTmommy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:47 AM

i can't change skill tabs [F1-F4] as what d0ylax told me in game because my laptop has this auto alt thingy.

for example. when i press "I" without the alt+I the inventory will open.

i already changed the sticky keys thingy in my accessibility option. and im using Vista... sooo i'm fked up with this new UI :|

Edited by MINTmommy, 12 February 2011 - 09:52 AM.

#34 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:00 AM

I thought I'd set up my level 69 gun borg to go farm this event, and when I look at everything, skill bar, avatar stat window, backpack, I just stare at it and think WTH? Its like I'm having to learn a new game.

The new IU makes me not even want to play, although I'll try to drag myself along until hopefully the developers see the error of their way and let us have something back that we need to function in the game.

#35 BxCrazy1

BxCrazy1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:LEONIS

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:13 AM

ROLL BACK :Emo_14:

#36 Hephaestus

Hephaestus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:13 AM

Summary:

For a maintenance without much actual content that took 9 hours and 20 minutes, this UI has some MAJOR issues and it appears rushed out weeks before it should have been.

I've personally found many things I dislike about this UI, but I'm sure most of them have been mentioned before this. They should give us the old UI back until this one is fixed and then add the new UI as an OPTION in the configure menu. This thing shouldn't be forced on anyone. The only thing I like about it is the fact that when in enter chat mode and not typing, the hotkeys are 1 through =, instead of the F keys.

#37 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:34 AM

this is exciting, i've always forgot where north west east and south were. with this new giant compass, i can finally navigate accordingly, you guys are the best.

#38 Zeppelin

Zeppelin

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • 1341 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:59 AM

Thank you everyone for your reports. We're looking into these issues and I'll keep you informed of our progress and any new information.

#39 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:05 AM

Zep,

Glad you guys are checking on the feed back. I have found the new interface very frustrating to use and in some cases it really cripples my game play experience. It may seem nice at first blush but in practical terms its been a difficult thing to deal with.

#40 LordArthas

LordArthas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • LocationInto the blue...

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:46 AM

Why the new UI sucks... with crappy ms paint screenshots! (I know the devs are slow and need visuals.)

Pictures at bottom of postt!

1. Text is squinty small and the text color is terrible. It should be a brighter color like the white of the name and class/level. Possibly increase size too. Small size is detrimental to PvP/PvM when you are in a tough situation and want to know exactly how much HP you have left with just a glance.

2. Quest Box still has Evo skin buttons. But more importantly there is NO longer any option to minimize any of the boxes via a minimize button! The only way to access the menus is through the terrible menu button or through awful keyboard shortcuts. Add a minimize button!

3. WTF compass? Stupid compass covers up a ridiculous amount of the mini map and this hinders the ability to see other players on the mini map in PvP situations. If you really need to include the compass make it fit next to the maximize button (+ sign) on the top of the mini map.

4. Character box is unnecessarily large. Smaller one was better but again more importantly the stats are all off center and I could see a new person possibly being confused and putting stats in the wrong place.

5. The skill bar is long and looks terrible if you're trying to access other menus via the menu button with a smaller resolution. Menu button should be moved or should allow you to move it to where ever you want like under character's name or mini map and expand vertically instead of horizontally.

6. The entire Game Option box is messed up. A bunch of the text is cut off like the k's in Block and the lower case g's as well as the y in Quality. Changing resolution via this causes game to crash.

7. Enlarging mini map makes it take on the old Evo skin.

8. When you have no job, the picture doesn't fit inside the skill box and the basic/job/etc buttons overlap into the skill area.

9. This isn't the best text color choice for clan information. Very faded looking and possibly hard to read for some.

10. You can barely tell which button I have selected in the clan box because of the similar colors. Not a big deal but could stand out a little more.

11. Chat boxes have old Evo skin pieces in them.

12. When clicking a player who is offline to mail them, the box that pops up has old Evo skin pieces.

13. Craft/CG painting windows have no items visible and are Evo skin style.

Great job Kaizy! You found all the crap we have to deal with. Now, devs, can we please get a fix asap!

#41 Takahirou

Takahirou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:57 AM

5. The skill bar is long and looks terrible if you're trying to access other menus via the menu button with a smaller resolution. Menu button should be moved or should allow you to move it to where ever you want like under character's name or mini map and expand vertically instead of horizontally.

Agreed. I myself use a 800x600 resolution on my laptop and as well some of my clanmates, the F1-F9 shortcuts before were just fine, with enough room to be able to view F1-F9, click and minimize the menu button. Now I can't even acess the menu button because the shortcuts overlap it and only F1-F10 barely make it on the screen without covering the chat box. Also it's not comfortable with the skill bar vertical because the ease of access it better when its horizontal on the bottom. And if I were to use the 10xx by 7xx resolution, the bottom of the game would get off from the laptop screen entirely and the taskbar. To add on, since I cut off part of F10-F12, when I relog into the client, the shortcuts move back to its "default" position so I'll have to keep redragging them to where I need it.

Another thing to add on, the ALT Shortcuts should be added back in, it feels more natural on the hand (atleast mine) to have my fingers on the F-keys and my thumb on the Alt button. I can barely reach the F-keys while having my pinky on the ctrl button. And if ALT-O is supposed to go to the system menu, actually make it go there, it only goes to the game options.

Lastly the chat box should have a custom size option. Like clicking the corner/edge and dragging the box to your desired number of lines size.

Edited by Takahirou, 12 February 2011 - 10:38 AM.

#42 ChickenBucket

ChickenBucket

Bourgeois Representative

• Members
  • 1175 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
  • Server:Poo'onis

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:58 AM

Great job Kaizy! You found all the crap we have to deal with. Now, devs, can we please get a fix asap!

there is no such thing as a asap in the rose dev's vocabulary more like asysedyswptbr(As soon you stop eating donuts you can start working at the pace of a turtle in a boat in the road

#43 PurpleYouko

PurpleYouko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:22 AM

here are two problems that i haven't seen mentioned yet and for my style of play they are both CRITICAL.

1) I like to play in Enter mode so that i don't need to use CTRL or ALT to access any of the windows in game. I started to play today and noticed that pressing ENTER while in ENTER Mode also changes ALL the hotkeys from the number bar to the F bar.
I was just getting used to using the number bar instead (which incidentally I really dislike) when somebody started talking to me, i hit ENTER to answer them and suddenly my skills all stopped working and i got killed. This happened another 3 times before i figured out that the ENTER key actually woks as a toggle.
It is pretty much impossible to play in ENTER Mode now.

2) I have always made extensive use of F9 through F12 to select the primary skill bar and even have macros programmed for buffing (which I kept on bar 3). previously F11 would take me straight to my buffs and F9 would bring me back to the main bar. this doesn't work any more. I have yet to identify any hotkey that changes the focus of the main bar. If there is one then I can still work with this but if not then this new GUI makes it completely pointless for me to multi-client any more. I'm pretty sure there are no hotkeys for this since in standard mode ALL ASCII keys go straight to the chat window.
I also hate having to use my ALT button to open stuff.

EPIC FAIL Gravity :Emo_14:

#44 EmoCutt

EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:26 AM

i agree with coffee, we should have the choice of which UI we want to use, because the one we had before the patch was a lot better, and looked a lot nicer.

#45 LordArthas

LordArthas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:32 AM

there is no such thing as a asap in the rose dev's vocabulary more like asysedyswptbr(As soon you stop eating donuts you can start working at the pace of a turtle in a boat in the road

:Emo_14:

#46 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 11:15 AM

i agree with coffee, we should have the choice of which UI we want to use, because the one we had before the patch was a lot better, and looked a lot nicer.

At least if we could pick a UI in the config section of the game, we'd have a choice. Thats fine if a few folks like the new UI - more power to them. But I do not want to use it for many reasons and want the old one back.

#47 Quid

Quid

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 11:46 AM

In the name of Egypt, let us depose the tyranny of this new UI!

Everyone gather at Junon Square for Freedom Rally!

New UI Out Now!!!!!

Edited by Quid, 12 February 2011 - 01:44 PM.

#48 LaLeLu

LaLeLu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:29 PM

Am i the only one wearing glasses while reading or working/playing on a computer?
to read the chat window realy needs my whole attention now with my nose nearly bumping at the monitor. and the HP/MP points are to me as the picture of a black eagle on a black background... hard to see...
i remember that a while ago the fonts of the chat box were brought to a biggr size and now?

#49 LordArthas

LordArthas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:34 PM

Am i the only one wearing glasses while reading or working/playing on a computer?
to read the chat window realy needs my whole attention now with my nose nearly bumping at the monitor. and the HP/MP points are to me as the picture of a black eagle on a black background... hard to see...
i remember that a while ago the fonts of the chat box were brought to a biggr size and now?

My Bourg use reading glasses from IM (where the heck did i got that, i cant remember), maybe it helps! Sarcasm aside i use glasses too and im not getting younger... so at this rate someday ill just cant read anything in this game!

Edited by LordArthas, 12 February 2011 - 01:44 PM.

#50 Bllackberry

Bllackberry

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 02:18 PM

Just wondering, if they dont reverse the skillbar.. can RRE have something like the old skill bar?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users