Open letter to kRO - Page 2 - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Open letter to kRO

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#26 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:35 PM

Rangers level as fast if not faster than Fire Trap- Chasers, they tend to use the same gear with regard to HFC carded weapons and Rideword Hats and also same main skill for mobbing only they do more damage and have a mount which makes then round up mobs faster. RG's only level very fast if they have spend the extra time in making a Linker or spend a huge amount of RL money on Light Blues. RKs can level fast once they get DB but until then they level slower than some of the 3-1's. So with that regard the information or more accuratley the suggestion is incorrect.

backslide mobbing > mount

#27 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:36 PM

Maybe making all the 3-1 classes have asininely long quests was their way of saying "See how much longer it takes you to job change than a 3-2? Well, you'll be seeing this kind of difference when you try to level it too."

Probably... The sorc jobchange is "spam an npc with ele stones until succeed". The warlock quest has battle part, hunting items part...

The sura quest is "hunt 100 wolves, hide in a corner". The bishop test is a bit longer (and unless they fixed it later, buggy)

The genetic quest is hunt 100 of this deadly monster: poison spore. I'm not sure of the mechanic jobchange though.

The royal guard test is... talk to npc, talk to npc, 5 minutes later, congratilations!. The rune knight test is... longer and has a wait time and used to bug...

Rangers level as fast if not faster than Fire Trap- Chasers, they tend to use the same gear with regard to HFC carded weapons and Rideword Hats and also same main skill for mobbing only they do more damage and have a mount which makes then round up mobs faster. RG's only level very fast if they have spend the extra time in making a Linker or spend a huge amount of RL money on Light Blues. RKs can level fast once they get DB but until then they level slower than some of the 3-1's. So with that regard the information or more accuratley the suggestion is incorrect.

The only advantage I felt from ranger to chaser was the 15 seconds (Or having to relog) if you leave an extra trap, because ranger can detonate... but chasers are better in my opinion.

I'm not sure if the norm in RG leveling is really using blues, but I used moony dagger + kaahi and was happy about it. How can you survive mobs hitting you strong enough to reflect if you don't have kaahi on?

Edited by Kadnya, 16 February 2011 - 12:43 PM.

#28 dragoonlordz

dragoonlordz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:41 PM

backslide mobbing > mount

Backslide mobbing is not as fast, as you tend to backslide too far and lose aggro and even when that isn't the case it's costing you sp for which is better used on trapping in the first place. Mount > Backslide.

#29 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:42 PM

um... I never ran out of SP on my chaser and my mobs were pretty epic. If you over backslide...uh.... personal problem / bad play.

#30 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:45 PM

Mount would be good only if your mobs are to small enough to let you flee/not be hitlocked. Good backslide > good mount.

#31 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:48 PM

Why is the Royal Guard job change even considered a quest. I mean, seriously.

That's what I meant by my previous comment.

I'm one of the weakest classes in the game, and I'm forced to fight hordes of monsters.
They're one of the strongest and have to spend 5 minutes talking to an NPC.

Also, timers lasting multiple hours are one of those things that JUST ARE NOT FUN.

And goddamn post editors. How about instead of sitting around censoring my post, you do something like write up a letter to kRO about why I'm raging on your forums instead of playing the game like I should be?

Edited by Sera, 16 February 2011 - 12:50 PM.

#32 dragoonlordz

dragoonlordz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:52 PM

Mount would be good only if your mobs are to small enough to let you flee/not be hitlocked. Good backslide > good mount.

The speed of the mount you shouldn't even be being hit by the mobs following you in the first place.

The only advantage I felt from ranger to chaser was the 15 seconds (Or having to relog) if you leave an extra trap, because ranger can detonate... but chasers are better in my opinion.

I'm not sure if the norm in RG leveling is really using blues, but I used moony dagger + kaahi and was happy about it. How can you survive mobs hitting you strong enough to reflect if you don't have kaahi on?

Chasers have a habit of dropping an extra trap from time to time and in those 15 seconds the Ranger has killed an extra set of mobs. They are faster regardless of being fanboys about the class you love, I have a Chaser too its an epic class its alot more fun than a Ranger and a very quick leveler it however is not faster than the Ranger in general with exception of personal players ability to play their class and/or desire to level.

When factor in leveling speed you have to take into account the making and leveling of a Linker on top of the time for RG because of their reliance on Kaahi to level fast on the RG itself. Not everyone has a Linker and when making comparrisons you do not assume that from day one the other person has such a toon already pre-made as it's not an accurate way of comparing.

#33 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:56 PM

I don't even want to be mean but having a mount means nothing when you'll out run your mobs, just sayin'

backsliding out of hitlock is everything. Sometimes I dropped a trap extra as my mob died... did I care? I just ran around gathering another mob. I was hitting about 40m exp/hour in rachel so yeah....

I consider myself a skilled player and I can't see myself being able to top the chasers exp... a mount to me is a disadvantage over backslide and a slightly lower walking speed.

edit : Yes I have access to rangers. I've played all classes :>

Edited by Xellie, 16 February 2011 - 12:58 PM.

#34 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:59 PM

And in resolution to this stupid argument going on in here, good backslide is better than good mount. Person saying good mount is better hasn't played enough.

#35 dragoonlordz

dragoonlordz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:01 PM

Person saying good mount is better hasn't played enough.

Pretty big assumption there Sera.

#36 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:02 PM

Why make little assumptions?

If you insist on arguing about the mount vs. backslide, I'm going to insist that you start another thread for it. If you don't, I will.

Edited by Sera, 16 February 2011 - 01:03 PM.

#37 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:03 PM

Pretty big assumption there Sera.

No wonder you like animal mounts. :huh:

#38 dragoonlordz

dragoonlordz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:06 PM

Because the little ones tend to go un-noticed, while the large ones get spotted and backfire.

You have no idea how long I have player or which/how many classes I have played and tried and tested.

#39 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:06 PM

Looking at dragoon's ROPD I STILL have no idea who he is X_X

#40 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:09 PM

dude your chaser is only 117.

Here look I'll help you out, check your PMs.

#41 dragoonlordz

dragoonlordz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:11 PM

Looking at dragoon's ROPD I STILL have no idea who he is X_X

Ever heard of character renames, deletions and rebuilds prior to such things as stat resets and skill resets.
The fact I linked my accounts to ROPD and therfore have the power to delete directly from the site ones I no longer use.
I have played since 2003/4, both Loki and Iris and now Ymir.

No wonder you like animal mounts. :huh:

If you say so...

@ Xellie

Your video of yourself dying might have been entertaining to watch but was not you choosing to die to give people giggles It was because it shows the actual flaw in Backslide and Chasers trapping methods, which is when you place a trap and have a mob coming after you and it misses unlike Rangers who can detonate you either die or Fwing in most cases, you can only backslide in one direction and changing direction is easily messed up with bounding yourself backwards into a wall like you did in your video against the pillar.

Edited by dragoonlordz, 16 February 2011 - 03:28 PM.

#42 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:25 PM

You're bad if you think a mount is better than backslide. The only think Ranger's have over a Chaser is detonate or w/e and that's purely for convenience.

#43 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:29 PM

What's with this entirely uncalled for nerf on Storm Gust anyway?

#44 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:33 PM

to balance SG's matk increase >_<

#45 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:36 PM

Why even bother increasing it's MATK then? Since they effectively lowered the damage the skill does, not increase it.

#46 Studmanly

Studmanly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:17 PM

Dear Sera,

Why did u go from mechanic to warlock and not a better class? serious question.

#47 Miii

Miii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1219 posts
  • LocationIn this dazzling world

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:22 PM

Dear Sera,

Why did u go from mechanic to warlock and not a better class? serious question.

This is the world's greatest mystery!

#48 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:07 PM

Ever heard of character renames, deletions and rebuilds prior to such things as stat resets and skill resets.
The fact I linked my accounts to ROPD and therfore have the power to delete directly from the site ones I no longer use.
I have played since 2003/4, both Loki and Iris and now Ymir.

If you say so...

@ Xellie

Your video of yourself dying might have been entertaining to watch but was not you choosing to die to give people giggles It was because it shows the actual flaw in Backslide and Chasers trapping methods, which is when you place a trap and have a mob coming after you and it misses unlike Rangers who can detonate you either die or Fwing in most cases, you can only backslide in one direction and changing direction is easily messed up with bounding yourself backwards into a wall like you did in your video against the pillar.

Actually I lagged :> I had as much chance to flywing as any ranger, so your point is... moot.

#49 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:41 PM

gum?

#50 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:49 PM

You made Lazarus laugh in real life.

Lazarus won't be laughing when he gets banned for botting on magmarings, especially since myself and a guildmate both got screenshots that are quite hard to argue with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users