Future Plans *2/17 edition - Page 5 - Specific Renewal Feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Future Plans *2/17 edition

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#101 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 18 February 2011 - 11:37 AM

I have to dissagree with leveling having to be difficult in order for people to not quit. Yes, if leveling is the only thing to do ingame, then yes, people will quit if they finish leveing easy fast. But I would rather if there was more things to do, and leveling was just a part of them. Besides, leveling as now isn't well dessigned: you flee through the first 99 levels, then flee through the first 99 levels again in 1~2 weeks, then spend your life as a third class. Why are there that many levels and monsters and eden group and job changes and transing and things dessigned for that 1 week of your RO life then nothing much after?

If they are going to fix that somehow, then good: make it so the biggest part of your RO-life is the part filled with events, not the 1-week part. RO has 150 levels from which only like 40~50 actually matter.

I find it funny that every hard core player just assumes that everyone can get trans 99 in a couple weeks. Not everyone plays for 4+ hrs a day and not everyone, especially new players have the gear, connections, etc. to do that.
To the person who said job levels should come slower, most people don't agree with you. Most people would rather get their skills a little quicker and not have to finish off job levels after hitting max base.

#102 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 18 February 2011 - 11:59 AM

Give parties an even bigger boost, but make share only work on range like kill count quests.
http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/050.gif

#103 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:20 PM

Give parties an even bigger boost, but make share only work on range like kill count quests.

There is a down side to that, pullers who go off screen of the killers constantly. Anyone who's pulled in Titans/abyss events would know how much of a pain it is missing many kcs, much less if they didn't even get exp in a share party.

#104 Xactoknife

Xactoknife

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:29 PM

First off I am SO very happy that finally the party incentive is getting some sort of attention.

i couldnt bring myself to read all the pages on this thread, but i see one problem with the party bonus system of such drastic increase..

now imagine a party full of straight up "killers" with no support classes, just winging around and killing everything, getting like 100%+ exp when there is no actual party interaction. (so it would pretty much just be join any party and start doing your own thing)

This would be a sad outcome for the party exp increase. I could see this happening on maps like Magma2.

Not sure about making the bonus bigger (would be nice) but I totally agree on the effect range. This would prevent the situation mentioned in Hallows quote from ever happening. It would also be nice to see some sort of "Activity validation" (outside the old exp tap) added. With these changes implemented along with the suggested new dungeon instances. Coordinated and tactical party gameplay could be a very viable endgame experience.

There is a down side to that, pullers who go off screen of the killers constantly. Anyone who's pulled in Titans/abyss events would know how much of a pain it is missing many kcs, much less if they didn't even get exp in a share party.

This might be true, however now with most classes being able to output as much if not more aoe dps, we might see a shift in party tactics, the "Run and gun" approach might be a viable option.

Edited by Xactoknife, 18 February 2011 - 01:41 PM.

#105 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 02:15 PM

If you don't play that often, then of course trans is going to take more actual "days." Actual "playing time" however, won't feel very long at all, especially compared to before.

It actually seems possible to do in the near future, even if you don't play often, rather than this wall of exp that you have to slowly grind through.

Edited by Sapphic, 18 February 2011 - 02:16 PM.

#106 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:00 PM

Can you any of you awesome dudes develop a lower headgear - Scar? That would be cool.

#107 Taper

Taper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 February 2011 - 03:19 PM

5. Refining is being worked on to change how the system works. This could entail not only success rates, but possibly how high you can go, what bonuses are given by each upgrade etc. This is still in the discussion phase internally for the development team so I don't know details.

This could potentially render Mastersmith's Weapon Upgrade skill worthless and waste of skill points. Granted, there are enriched and HD oridecons that provide better upgrade rates but they're kafra shop items which require KP to spend so that's balanced somewhat. However, if the upgrade rates are buffed and the Mastersmith's upgrade rates are calculated differently from NPCs' upgrade rates (which I suspect this to be the case, because the skill uses job level as an extra modifier to the upgrade rate, whereas the NPCs likely uses a different upgrading formula), then there would be no point in using weapon upgrade beyond upgrading to safe levels.

#108 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:11 AM

This could potentially render Mastersmith's Weapon Upgrade skill worthless and waste of skill points. Granted, there are enriched and HD oridecons that provide better upgrade rates but they're kafra shop items which require KP to spend so that's balanced somewhat. However, if the upgrade rates are buffed and the Mastersmith's upgrade rates are calculated differently from NPCs' upgrade rates (which I suspect this to be the case, because the skill uses job level as an extra modifier to the upgrade rate, whereas the NPCs likely uses a different upgrading formula), then there would be no point in using weapon upgrade beyond upgrading to safe levels.

This is a good point, and is something that we would have to look at when such a system is finally finished. Right now Job 50 is "base" success rate, with levels being job 50 making the Smith better than base NPC.

With the new system I would hope that same dynamic is in place, but at this point I have no idea of the direction for the upgrade system. I only know a change is in the works because I submitted our idea and during the status update to our proposal it was mentioned that multiple partners requested updates to the upgrade system so they are working on something. Quite a bit of unknowns in that statement.

#109 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:28 AM

i cant' wait to see what adjustment that we will see in the Future..and specially in the term of game play and partying system..

#110 MagicHands

MagicHands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationAlaska...
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:15 AM

There have been a few things that i have been wanting to mention everytime i go to the kafra shop. How worthless is it to rent any item from there anymore? I would like to see that updated. Since we have 20 stat foods, it seems kinda worthless to pay 120kp for just 10 stat foods, If i use them for just woe i go though around 30 in 2 hours. Please either allow 20 stat foods with 30 minute timers or Make the +10 stat foods stay even when you die. Other than that i have seen updates for alot of other kafra items. Older headgears need a boost or you need to find different headgears for renewal.

#111 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:43 AM

Even at +20, they aren't worth the cost. +10 int/dex used to add around 20% spell damage and cut remaining cast time in around half (this depended on where your dex was without it of course). +20 in Renewal is going to add a whole 30 MATK (and effectively even less since monsters have more MDEF relative to pre-Renewal), and cause *maybe* a 5% difference in cast time vs. your normal stats. You aren't going to notice either of those buffs, at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users