Item Extensions - Page 3 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Item Extensions

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#51 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 February 2011 - 11:27 PM

If you think the rose is easy mode to soulcrafting godly stats on everything, then you're completely wrong. Luck is still the major factor in play for soulcrafting.

This has nothing to do with the post you quoted.

That's how it always is in any MMO. There are always some nice event items that are no longer obtainable in the future.

Appeal to common practice is a logical fallacy, but nice try. ;]

#52 mimodi

mimodi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 11:30 PM

If you think the rose is easy mode to soulcrafting godly stats on everything, then you're completely wrong. Luck is still the major factor in play for soulcrafting.

lol so now your sayin "oh the rose doesnt realy help that much"

if that case then y extend it for 180 day lololololol
if it dont help then why make Q_Q post on forum askin for it to be back..lololol

n so what if u have that item form before..is was an EXPIRE item....not event suprost to be WARP WARPOTAL problem.. that was an event item that has a expiration date on it...

it wasnt like on im mall
" LOOK IN IM CLICK BUY...DAM i cant get perm. stuff so now i have buy to get expire date one" lol noooooooooooooo!
it was made to expire so that it dont effect the game...but still show the sigh of love for a month r when even was dated-expire at..

warp portal didnt touch anyone inventory...lol whatever u had in THQ was still ther...AN EXPIRE ROSE FOR U ...LOLOL

WARP portal shouldnt even make THQ problem their problem now....but they did by making a item be REVIVE FROM DEAD...LOL...
ty u for givin us a new monster...

*off to beat the soulcratfter*

Edited by mimodi, 18 February 2011 - 11:36 PM.

#53 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:08 AM

lol so now your sayin "oh the rose doesnt realy help that much"

if that case then y extend it for 180 day lololololol
if it dont help then why make Q_Q post on forum askin for it to be back..lololol

n so what if u have that item form before..is was an EXPIRE item....not event suprost to be WARP WARPOTAL problem.. that was an event item that has a expiration date on it...

it wasnt like on im mall
" LOOK IN IM CLICK BUY...DAM i cant get perm. stuff so now i have buy to get expire date one" lol noooooooooooooo!
it was made to expire so that it dont effect the game...but still show the sigh of love for a month r when even was dated-expire at..

warp portal didnt touch anyone inventory...lol whatever u had in THQ was still ther...AN EXPIRE ROSE FOR U ...LOLOL

WARP portal shouldnt even make THQ problem their problem now....but they did by making a item be REVIVE FROM DEAD...LOL...
ty u for givin us a new monster...

*off to beat the soulcratfter*

Sure, it helps in soulcrafting if you have a lot of souls to burn, but it doesn't help you get the stat you want. If you success the item 15 times and still don't get what you want, then it doesn't really help. Any stats beyond two good stats is a luxury, anyway.

The main difference in enchanting and soulcrafting is that enchanting is guaranteed to get you what you're looking for. Soulcrafting does not guarantee that you will see any noticeable difference besides the color of your item in the equips window.

I have my reasons for wanting the rose and wanting to soulcraft, and I doubt it's the reason why other people want it.

Edited by Yurai, 19 February 2011 - 12:12 AM.

#54 mimodi

mimodi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:20 AM

the problem isnt wat stats u get when u soul craft or the reason why u want it...

the problem is that u have it and ALL WARP PORTAL NEW PLAYER DONT...lol
cuz we DONT have that event here..
we dont +5.0% chance rate in soul crafting...

*randomzier will help your problem*

Edited by mimodi, 19 February 2011 - 12:20 AM.

#55 Mikay

Mikay

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 01:00 AM

Lol at the QQ, its the way the game is so just deal with it. Crying about how THQ gave its players "event" items isn't going to help your cause.
Continually asking for a new rose or new item might help, so do that...

Also back on topic again :Emo_12: , can we get some sort of response about both issues... Not being able to extend the rose for you anymore and also not being able to purchase Party Warp Cards from the Item mall.

#56 Meganekko

Meganekko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 924 posts
  • Location305

Posted 19 February 2011 - 04:09 AM

This item wasn't given away for free you had to buy it. It had an expiration date but could be extended in THQ anytime we wanted ALONG with a ton of eqiups we currently CANNOT extend. What the change to WP has to do WITH ANYTHING is beyond me. The rose isn't godly but it did help for people who saved up 62 stacks per char and had over 5 chars with max allotted soul capacity. And hey, I know a ton of people who didn't have the rose and still had good friends to help them. And even then look at the items that have become legend without the use of the rose. It's just a minimal useful tool like The Chaser medal. I just want to be able to expand on items I paid for is all.

Anyways back to the question at hand, WHY is the rose no longer extendable yet still on this list? Hastur pls give me us an answer QQ

#57 Chrysanthemum

Chrysanthemum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationStar 61 in the AOB 1337 Nebula
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 19 February 2011 - 06:52 AM

So, excuse me for asking if someones asked before, are the old spinny glasses going to be updated to be non-expirable or whot?

#58 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:17 PM

Maybe they decided to make it no longer expendable because it is last years rose and it is going to be replaced with this years rose. Personally, I have access to an old rose and can use it if it becomes extendable again, but I feel a new 5% rose would be quite nice for all new and old players alike. I'd have no problem with the item, from last year, being no longer extendable if a new rose is introduced. Selling a new 5% rose in the IM and allowing players to extend the new 5% rose would help WP make money! Players who are against new players having the same advantages (however small or meaningless old players might argue those advantages to be) are selfish and greedy or simply have elitist attitudes and want to always feel that they are better than newer players. That's really what this boils down to.

Sure, it helps in soulcrafting if you have a lot of souls to burn, but it doesn't help you get the stat you want. If you success the item 15 times and still don't get what you want, then it doesn't really help. Any stats beyond two good stats is a luxury, anyway.

The main difference in enchanting and soulcrafting is that enchanting is guaranteed to get you what you're looking for. Soulcrafting does not guarantee that you will see any noticeable difference besides the color of your item in the equips window.

I have my reasons for wanting the rose and wanting to soulcraft, and I doubt it's the reason why other people want it.

You weren't asked the differences between enchanting and soul crafting. I'm a bit unsure what you mean by the statement in bold. Are soul reducers back and randomizers removed from the game again? All I see is a bunch of irrelevant text that you are using to try to downplay the usefulness of the old rose, after you cried about not being able to extend the old rose, and a feable attempt to deflect the questions you were asked. The only thing you really said that even resembled a point is that the rose isn't that useful, unless you have a large amount of souls to burn, and after you have the two stats you want a 3rd/4th stat is a bit of a luxury and not as beneficial as the first couple.

Let's refute those "points".

The idea that the rose isn't useful unless you have a large number of souls to use is BS because you get the percent increase on every soulcrafting attempt. Third and fourth stats can be useful. Aim, evade, hlt, and cd are 4 stats that are useful (I thought you had something like this on your wings, don't you know this?), and even if stats past two are viewed as a luxury that doesn't mean that new players shouldn't receive an equal boost in their attempts to obtain that luxury (if they pay WP money). More money for WP is always a good thing, and new players desiring access to a rose shows that this could be a good money making opportunity for WP.

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Yurai

So much better. ;]

#59 ImDiene

ImDiene

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationYurai's <3

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:48 PM

Soul reducers weren't removed from people's inventory. People still have some left over. zzz

And randomizing a legend item won't guarantee 4 good stats, neither will successfully soulcrafting an item with 3 good stats. You can get something bad, reduce, and craft again, wasting even more souls in the process than never attempting to get that extra stat at all.

He said that the rose wasn't super easy god mode all super perfect stats or something like that; and it isn't.

What questions did he deflect? :Emo_12:

#60 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 11:33 PM

Soul reducers weren't removed from people's inventory. People still have some left over. zzz

And randomizing a legend item won't guarantee 4 good stats, neither will successfully soulcrafting an item with 3 good stats. You can get something bad, reduce, and craft again, wasting even more souls in the process than never attempting to get that extra stat at all.

He said that the rose wasn't super easy god mode all super perfect stats or something like that; and it isn't.

What questions did he deflect? :Emo_12:

Is this yurai on diene's account? Nobody said that the rose was super easy god mode, so it doesn't matter whether it is or it's just beneficial and a slight advantage. I fail to see what all of this talk about no guarantees and you might get bad stats has to do with whether new players should have access to a rose or not. If it doesn't matter that much, WP should let new players buy a rose. If it doesn't matter, than WP might as well let new players has the same 5% bonus as the old one.

You can try to say that the rose doesn't do much, but if it doesn't help, it should be available to new players. If it does help a lot it should still be available to new players. Get it now? WP might as well let new players have access to a 5% rose through the item mall because they would make money by doing so.

Just reread the posts if either of you missed something. This thread is supposed to be for listing items that can't be extended, and I feel we have all derailed it enough.

edited for clarity

Edited by Maronu, 19 February 2011 - 11:36 PM.

#61 ImDiene

ImDiene

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationYurai's <3

Posted 19 February 2011 - 11:41 PM

Is this yurai on diene's account? Nobody said that the rose was super easy god mode, so it doesn't matter whether it is or it's just beneficial and a slight advantage. I fail to see what all of this talk about no guarantees and you might get bad stats has to do with whether new players should have access to a rose or not. If it doesn't matter that much, WP should let new players buy a rose. If it doesn't matter, than WP might as well let new players has the same 5% bonus as the old one.

You can try to say that the rose doesn't do much, but if it doesn't help, it should be available to new players. If it does help a lot it should still be available to new players. Get it now? WP might as well let new players have access to a 5% rose through the item mall because they would make money by doing so.

Just reread the posts if either of you missed something. This thread is supposed to be for listing items that can't be extended, and I feel we have all derailed it enough.

edited for clarity

I never stated whether it was fair or unfair. I do think that at least the new rose should be released since soulcrafting even with the rose is still pretty difficult. Not only is the chance of success still fairly low, the chances of getting a bad stat is still high.

huh :Emo_12:

And the talk about bad stats was responding to/explaining this confusion in your post

I'm a bit unsure what you mean by the statement in bold. Are soul reducers back and randomizers removed from the game again? All I see is a bunch of irrelevant text that you are using to try to downplay the usefulness of the old rose, after you cried about not being able to extend the old rose, and a feable attempt to deflect the questions you were asked.

and it's me

Edited by ImDiene, 19 February 2011 - 11:45 PM.

#62 Mikay

Mikay

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:23 AM

Maybe they decided to make it no longer expendable because it is last years rose and it is going to be replaced with this years rose. Personally, I have access to an old rose and can use it if it becomes extendable again, but I feel a new 5% rose would be quite nice for all new and old players alike.

I dont believe they would make it extend-able for a few hours (or whatever the time period was when people could actually extend them), and then suddenly make them non extend-able without any notice. Plus when you do try and extend it, nothing happens. Usually for items that cannot be extended, a error message will popup saying "You cannot extend this item" or something like that, that doesn't happen with the rose.

Still waiting on a response... =[

Edited by Mikay, 20 February 2011 - 12:23 AM.

#63 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:31 AM

It doesn't matter who the previous host of the game was. The players who have played longer will always have items that other people don't have. It's the same in MMO. If you don't like it, go find a game without event items or updates.

This statement is what caused my assumption that Yurai is against new players being able to obtain a 5% rose from the IM and my initial sarcastic response. Perhaps, I misinterpreted his stance. Anyway, as I said, everyone should have access to a 5% rose. It would be a great way for WP to make money and there isn't any harm in it. ;P

#64 Thuy

Thuy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 657 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 01:33 AM

If you success the item 15 times and still don't get what you want, then it doesn't really help

I'm a bit unsure what you mean by the statement in bold. Are soul reducers back and randomizers removed from the game again?

Well if you have an artifact back with evade aim and you want cd for the third option, you wouldn't want to random and lose the aim/evade. So you reduce and soulcraft again and hope you get the stat you want.

#65 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 01:53 AM

This statement is what caused my assumption that Yurai is against new players being able to obtain a 5% rose from the IM and my initial sarcastic response. Perhaps, I misinterpreted his stance. Anyway, as I said, everyone should have access to a 5% rose. It would be a great way for WP to make money and there isn't any harm in it. ;P

I am saying that new players shouldn't complain just because players from before have an event item that is no longer obtainable. However, due to the terrible rates for soulcrafting at the moment, I do not think it would be bad for Gravity to release the new rose to the population. My reason for all the other bits about soulcrafting good stats and enchanting is to show that the item does not have a significant effect if you do not have luck, and that it is not as game breaking as some people seem to make it out to be. Does that clarify things a bit?

#66 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 06:41 AM

I am saying that new players shouldn't complain just because players from before have an event item that is no longer obtainable. However, due to the terrible rates for soulcrafting at the moment, I do not think it would be bad for Gravity to release the new rose to the population. My reason for all the other bits about soulcrafting good stats and enchanting is to show that the item does not have a significant effect if you do not have luck, and that it is not as game breaking as some people seem to make it out to be. Does that clarify things a bit?

New players should complain if they can't buy a 5% rose from the Item Mall, imo. Luck is irrelevant to whether the item is game breaking because luck is not tangible or definitive. As I said, if the item does not have a significant effect, WP might as well release a 5% rose in order to get players to spend money in the IM. If the item is game breaking, they should release an equal rose or get rid of the current one due to imbalance. I only see one best option. I didn't find your arguments for the rose not being game breaking very convincing, and I doubt new players, who don't have access to a rose at all, will find them convincing, but whether it is game breaking or is not, my perceived best option for WP remains the same.

Edited by Maronu, 20 February 2011 - 06:43 AM.

#67 ImDiene

ImDiene

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationYurai's <3

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:35 PM

WP would release it, but barunson won't give them the "ok" according to Aramis when I last asked him.

And event items in general are for those who were available for that event. If someone missed that time period, they do not have a right to be able to get access to those items again. If the event is repeated, then that is fine and yay for everyone, but if it does no occur again, new players qqing about unfairness compared to old players is a horrible complaint.

It's like missing some big sale at a store and qqing for the same discount even though the item is no longer on sale. And saying oh it's unfair for new customers because old customers bought it for so cheap and new customers deserve this discount too qqq zzzzzzz
Or like missing downloading Raiku from whatever period Gamestop made it available and saying you deserve to download it because people who were actually there for the event got to.
Or like missing the chance to buy some special edition limited 50 year anniversary Christmas beanie baby (LOL) or whatever collectible and asking to be able to buy it and for them to make more a year later because it's unfair to new collectors. Like really who would do that? LOL
Or ffffff please hold another Halloween weapon lotto because I missed Halloween. Or ffff I missed the Halloween costumes sell them again pls.
Event items becoming no longer obtainable after an event is over happens a lot because that is normal and the point of such an item. Events can occur again, but that does not have to be guaranteed.

But with regards with the new rose, a new event rose is available since it occurs on other servers, and I'm not sure why Barunson is preventing it from being released on this server. QQ for new rose all you want, but for the old rose, it's not really justified.

Edited by ImDiene, 20 February 2011 - 12:38 PM.

#68 samxslam

samxslam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:38 PM

Forreal people who already have the rose or share rose with each other not saying anything . I bet if they dont have it in the group they willl surely ask for it. I bet on it. They dont want others to have a chance to upgrade their items. That is some selfish reason. But stilll let others have a chance to upgrade their item with some new soul craft items.

#69 Mikay

Mikay

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 01:21 PM

Forreal people who already have the rose or share rose with each other not saying anything . I bet if they dont have it in the group they willl surely ask for it. I bet on it. They dont want others to have a chance to upgrade their items. That is some selfish reason. But stilll let others have a chance to upgrade their item with some new soul craft items.

You don't need the rose to upgrade items... it has already been said that it only slightly improves your chances as 5% is still only 5%, its not 50%. I still dont see any reason why people can cry about others having the old rose, we paid for it when it was released as a special 1 of a kind item, and we kept it. It's exactly as Diene explained. But as we have also been saying the WHOLE time, we do believe a new one should be released for everyone. Go send barunson a pleasant email asking them why we cant have a new rose.

Back on topic yet again... Looking for a response on the extension issue and purchasing error :Emo_12: :( :)

#70 MicoJive

MicoJive

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 February 2011 - 01:41 PM

well when the success rate is already only .5% or less...a 5% increase is ALOT.

#71 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 02:26 PM

well when the success rate is already only .5% or less...a 5% increase is ALOT.

But the success rate isn't 0.5% or less.

#72 Faithx

Faithx

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:47 PM

qqqq i used so many soul stacks trying to arti my new weapon and they all failed...

this is WITH the chaser medal AND the rose...
so i dunno man...my luck sucks or the rose is BROKEN!

#73 mimodi

mimodi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:48 PM

If you success the item 15 times and still don't get what you want, then it doesn't really help

IT take me 15 try to advance a item n all fail still regular...so that rose is helpin "hi im a rose for you..wat do u do i give up soulcraftin rate chance of +5.0%" sry i dont c it sayin that i give up the stat u want...that is in "your dream"(a new item we r lookin for)

the rose did was it sid it did...=-= why does it matter if it dont get what you WANT. dont blame it for that..

and EVERYONE SAVE SOUL TO SOUL CRAFT IS A BIG DURHHHHHHHHH... i no some ppl tht save up to a inventory full...so 0.0 wat is ur point?

u have rose u r most liky usin less souls then ppl dont have rose..that is wat the rose is for..

=-= again!! poiint is i dont care wat stat u get wat this n that...i care that i dont get one for bin in the game! this sever..while other sever of dragonica. europe, n asia has it.......
and the fact that onli THQ player have it in "warp portal make is seem sad n depessing for my generation of player that clearly suposted warp portal"n new r old is time to out shine THQ...-.- IS TIME FOR AN event even better then "rose for u" carry by warpportal FOR WARPPORTAL PLAYER!

Edited by mimodi, 21 February 2011 - 09:51 PM.

#74 AccelSynchro

AccelSynchro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationDomino City
  • Server:Vyvern [US]

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:51 PM

Selling a new 5% rose in the IM and allowing players to extend the new 5% rose would help WP make money!

GG

#75 Faithx

Faithx

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:02 AM

IT take me 15 try to advance a item n all fail still regular...so that rose is helpin "hi im a rose for you..wat do u do i give up soulcraftin rate chance of +5.0%" sry i dont c it sayin that i give up the stat u want...that is in "your dream"(a new item we r lookin for)

the rose did was it sid it did...=-= why does it matter if it dont get what you WANT. dont blame it for that..

and EVERYONE SAVE SOUL TO SOUL CRAFT IS A BIG DURHHHHHHHHH... i no some ppl tht save up to a inventory full...so 0.0 wat is ur point?

u have rose u r most liky usin less souls then ppl dont have rose..that is wat the rose is for..

=-= again!! poiint is i dont care wat stat u get wat this n that...i care that i dont get one for bin in the game! this sever..while other sever of dragonica. europe, n asia has it.......
and the fact that onli THQ player have it in "warp portal make is seem sad n depessing for my generation of player that clearly suposted warp portal"n new r old is time to out shine THQ...-.- IS TIME FOR AN event even better then "rose for u" carry by warpportal FOR WARPPORTAL PLAYER!

Again, like many have said previously thq had thq events, warpportal WILL have warpportal events. This doesn't give any right for warpportal to take away items that thq members previously acquired. If you want to go down that route, why not take away ALL equips and ALL gold from thq veterans. Heck, why not make everyone start all over? That wasn't the point of the thq to warpportal transfer. THe point was let us CONTINUE playing our old accts, with our old equips, with our heirloom items, with our rose.

Though I'm all for new rose in item mall since I dont even have one. But just do what I do...golddig someone and ask to use theirs.

lol jk

kinda

Edited by Faithx, 22 February 2011 - 07:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users