The Woe situation: issues, solutions. - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

The Woe situation: issues, solutions.

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 fenryl

fenryl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:07 PM

I'm really hoping you're planning on fixing the woe situation at some point. Right now, there are close to no benefits to sieging, it's just a pile of money spent with absolutely no zeny return. God pieces are piling up without any real way of making a god item (the regular seal roll is a joke when there are 20 people waiting for you to finish rolling the seals to steal it), treasure chests drop the same old crap it did 6 years ago and most of it just goes straight to the npc and basically pays for the supplies of half a member, and OCAs price lost 80% in a matter of a few weeks because of the deflation... however Woe cost went up by a lot. We know you have plans (which could mean anything... implemented now, in 6months, never?) but a lot of things could be implemented immediately without much effort.

1/Implement a proper way to make god items, give a token to anyone doing a seal quest, and allow access to the dwarf npc only to guild leader who have 150 tokens once the seals are done rolling, then remove the counter that prevents you from doing the quests again.
2/Change treasure chest drops, add in things like blue potion boxes, witch starsand boxes, karvo boxes etc, basically items that wont change the amount of zeny on the server but will hurt 99% of people who farm those items in game: bots.
3/Bring back some kind of WPS that will force people to fight. Removing it was probably the worst move ever... it was like saying " hey, this aspect of the game makes woe more interesting, tadaaa now its gone! deal with it!"

IF you think about it for a second this is what happens to the little zeny that forts bring into the server: Said zeny is used to buy overpriced botted goods for woe, then that zeny is sold from botters to RMT users who end up getting scammed half the time instead of spending their money in kafra shop items. Basically, the players lose, the RMTers lose and your company loses.

#2 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:21 PM

Pretty sure the issue with WPS was not that it made WoE interesting, it was that one major alliance was banding together to roflstomp everyone else.

When one alliance gets some 110 points and everyone else gets a whopping 8, it's not much fun. WPS just needs some tweaking to make it more interesting... The ally system has always been a rather poorly thought out part of WoE. Luckily the major guilds on Valk seem to have realized this and now fight each other for that thrill they seek.

I agree on the castle drops. They really need to be changed.

The gear, due to the changes of Renewal and the HD ore fiasco, are pretty much worthless now. Just remove them and replace them with said boxes of WSS and what not. Instead of single Dead Branches, put in Dead Branch boxes. It takes a lifetime to save up enough DBs for a guild event, especially now that it takes no effort to kill any monster.

Also, they need to differentiate how much econ is lost per break for WoE 1.0 and 2.0 forts. It's much harder to break 2.0 forts, so more needs to be lost, but it's much more difficult to hold a 1.0 fort... So less econ needs to be lost on each break. Just another random thought.

Edited by Ralis, 23 February 2011 - 08:26 PM.

#3 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:45 PM

The god seals token idea can't be done AFAIK from what I heard from the CM meeting with guild leaders that occurred on Ymir.
Imo, they should just bring back WPS but as a tweaked version.

#4 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:41 PM

The god seals token idea can't be done AFAIK from what I heard from the CM meeting with guild leaders that occurred on Ymir.

No this is utter bull-_- because Heim does not understand the concept of the token idea. IF he submit it to the kRO Dev's, its no :P wonder they refused it because he warped it into some :angry: idea that was nowhere near what it was meant to be.

#5 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:56 PM

STFU, stop whining cause u have no god items... ur saying god items are pileing up... MAKE A MEG thats worth what 20billion zeny
:angry: id make 10 lvl 70s if i could use a meg... if u want to win the making of a god item then PWN woe that week take a castle in each relam and DEFEND

only thing woe needs is stronger mechanic classes!!

problem is im sure some guilds have about 10+ meg sets of items... Low POP = LOW AMOUNT OF MEGS!! reason = NEW GUILD CAN PLAY.

Edited by Resplendent, 24 February 2011 - 06:15 AM.
keep the insulting out of here

#6 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:58 PM

STFU, stop whining cause u have no god items... ur saying god items are pileing up... MAKE A MEG thats worth what 20billion zeny
:angry: id make 10 lvl 70s if i could use a meg... if u want to win the making of a god item then PWN woe that week take a castle in each relam and DEFEND

only thing woe needs is stronger mechanic classes!!

...At this point it's going to come down to who can use the most Speed Potions, Howling of Mandragoras and Manholes.

#7 Jerbear

Jerbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • LocationOutside Parts Unknown
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:02 PM

The token idea can definitely be done. I think the excuse was that it would be way too easy to make god items under that format. Maybe it's just me, but hours upon hours of questing isn't what I consider easy. It's not even fun.

Edited by Jerbear, 23 February 2011 - 10:03 PM.

#8 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:05 PM

The comment about the tokens by the CM is in the Archive section and am not going to link it here since its locked by Heim.

Anyway, even if they can implement the idea *technically* it won't happen immediately. Probably would take a year till HQ agrees and whats no. Like wise the other idea where: woe 1 castles => get to max econ => can create god item => reset econ to prevent abuse. All of those ideas are decent and desired by the woe community but we should consider what iRo dev team can do for the time being.

Imo, they would go for the fast easy implemented changes than core coded ones from scratch. To be honest, I really do miss WPS :angry:

#9 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:08 PM

Getting a WoE 1.0 castle to max econ? Only going to make things even more one sided.

#10 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:16 PM

...At this point it's going to come down to who can use the most Speed Potions, Howling of Mandragoras and Manholes.

YOU DONT EVEN WOE!!!
Try survive a Storm Blast with megs....

#11 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:17 PM

YOU DONT EVEN WOE!!!

Dear person, Meg's don't affect storm blast damage significantly. Sincerely, you're dumb.

Sleips tho oh god

The only sketchy thing about storm blast is since it's an item you can use it in classical pluck and cursed circle/root/etc

Edited by Viri, 23 February 2011 - 10:19 PM.

#12 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:20 PM

Meg's don't really affect much of anything significantly anymore, as far as I can tell...

Edited by Sera, 23 February 2011 - 10:20 PM.

#13 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:21 PM

YOU DONT EVEN WOE!!!

...I thought about answering this with a picture, but one good enough just isn't coming to mind. @@

#14 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:43 PM

yea honestly, for the people that 150ed their chars or the ones that play for woe and what that can bring, it's even a chore to do that now

#15 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:42 AM

YOU DONT EVEN WOE!!!

...I thought about answering this with a picture, but one good enough just isn't coming to mind. @@

Found a video that might do it.

#16 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:46 AM

Damn, I wanted Toad to explode.

#17 Piers

Piers

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationEmsworth

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:02 AM

From what I've seen on WoE, it's pretty dead and inactive much of the time anyway - at least on Valkyrie. The low population and obsession to hit the 90+ sort of means that castles can be taken entirely solo. (And hence I LMAO at the guilds advertising for strong, active WoE ready soldiers)

#18 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:04 AM

Ymir WoE has been incredibly fun every siege for me X_X

#19 Lamperouge

Lamperouge

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:30 AM

try to make WoE more interesting / valuable. Such as a guild that break an emperium will get 100 light blue pots (each player of the guild involved there will be rewarded) or something like that.

of course it should be limited, like 1 guild can only get the reward 2/3 times)

#20 Joes

Joes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:46 AM

agree with whatever fen said.

with the wps thing, to make it more of a challenge for guilds in all scales of experience, have smaller alliances. 2 instead of 4 .

#21 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:07 AM

weird, i always find castles with atleast 2-5 people defending.... problem is most of the time there is 1 massive war ranging between 2 alliances... for example a few weeks back valk was going offence on inception who had beers and jinx defending with them... held of untill the last min, but my guild left inception and tryed to get a castle in last 30mins... we had over 10 people and alot of stronge player... we never got one

i have found woe more active then it has been, but its a totally difference play style worse with a 15min solo break time on a emp..

p.s. megs adds damage to acidbomb >>

#22 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:07 AM

try to make WoE more interesting / valuable. Such as a guild that break an emperium will get 100 light blue pots (each player of the guild involved there will be rewarded) or something like that.

of course it should be limited, like 1 guild can only get the reward 2/3 times)

The problem is that sort of reward just encourages breaking. There need to be proper rewards for both breaking and holding.

#23 Channa

Channa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOn, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:48 AM

For me there is very little reward for woe. I mostly go to try and support my guild mates. But when I just get one shotted and I find myself walking back to and through a castle more than anything I get tired and frustrated and I don't want to play. I need more levels on my characters, but unfortunately i don't have the time. and woe seems to be more for the higher leveled people and those who have the best equipment.

The market it so dead with old unusable items. And it's not easy to make money unless you are playing all the time and hunting mvps and stuff. Which i don't do. I don't even have time to go to KVM to get gear. I don't like upgrading because i don't have money to spare to loose items. and i don't have real money to "buy" kafra items to sell them for zeny.

Some things still need to change. Changing the look in the castles would be one way for guilds to better equip themselves.

#24 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:03 AM

I agree with Fen.
There needs to be an update on this WoE Mechanincs and Rewards... I mean 6 years and no changes?

#25 sukidayo

sukidayo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:59 AM

For me there is very little reward for woe. I mostly go to try and support my guild mates. But when I just get one shotted and I find myself walking back to and through a castle more than anything I get tired and frustrated and I don't want to play. I need more levels on my characters, but unfortunately i don't have the time. and woe seems to be more for the higher leveled people and those who have the best equipment.

a feeling shared by many. not only is it frustrating but embarassing as well, since they are actually being used for the fun of others.

before trans, a 99 is not invincible. even a strong guild can be overwhelmed with a large number of low level players. now, a 150 with godly gears can wipe a whole guild or two.

The market it so dead with old unusable items. And it's not easy to make money unless you are playing all the time and hunting mvps and stuff. Which i don't do. I don't even have time to go to KVM to get gear. I don't like upgrading because i don't have money to spare to loose items. and i don't have real money to "buy" kafra items to sell them for zeny.

the sad reality of mmorpgs in general is that it favors those who knows the game well (experience or study) and those who have lots of time to play. with the kafra shops, add those who have the money to have an advantage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users