Information for Returning Players - Page 2 - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 7 votes

Information for Returning Players

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#26 StumpyBear

StumpyBear

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:04 PM

Hopefully someone can clarify for me why, after coming back from a time when my account had already been transferred from oRO, my toons are gone.
My account had an _au at the end so that it didn't clash with other accouns from iRO, and I was on the Chaos server.
Now my warp portal has the same account - without the _au - and without the characters on any of the valk servers.

Was I meant to transfer them to a specific server, or unlock them, or did they wipe our characters or what?

So excited to get back into RO but now somewhat dimmed as my account lacks... the 7 year struggle that were a bunch of characters.

Any help is much appreciated,
Boris.

#27 Manisil

Manisil

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:35 PM

Could someone maybe better explain just how to add my old characters to the new server? I don't really understand what OP meant in his post. Thanks again!

#28 Raspica

Raspica

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:49 PM

I have a character with _Q at the end of her name. Is there anyway the _Q can be removed from her name?

#29 Evionne

Evionne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:19 AM

Manisil- Hello, also OP is female. OP does not crossdress in game, and the avatar is an acurate representation. (Pardon, bored at work.)

If you can, create an account at Warp Portal Support, support.warpportal.com

Then you send open a ticket regarding your characters, with proof that you own the account, including but not limited to:

Full Name on the account
Full Address on the account
E-Mail on the account
Account you are moving characters from
Account you are moving characters to
Name of characters you want transfered

Sometimes you may even need a copy of your Driver's License showing the above. If they need further information, they will tell you.

Raspica- Go to the support site as written above, and open a ticket requesting a name change. Since the _Q is likely a result of a server merge, it will be taken care of no charge.

StumpyBear- I'm afraid I have no answer for that. The best bet would be to either contact a GM directly through the forum, or to open a ticket through support.

EDIT// Edited some information.

Edited by Evionne, 05 May 2011 - 11:21 AM.

#30 Raspica

Raspica

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:45 PM

Thank you Evionne!

#31 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:16 PM

Gravity should give you a job.

#32 GryphonYoyo

GryphonYoyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Server:ymir

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:27 AM

so how does the vip packages work? i went to go and just pay for a 1 month plan, but it is wanting me to buy wp energy? am i missing something?

#33 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:59 AM

so how does the vip packages work? i went to go and just pay for a 1 month plan, but it is wanting me to buy wp energy? am i missing something?

This will give you an in-dept explaination: http://support.warpp...ip-package.aspx

#34 pixiecard

pixiecard

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:35 AM

Can we also have the Quest Window explained somewhere? I don't the numbers under "Limited".

#35 HowlingWulf

HowlingWulf

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:54 PM

hi, just wanna ask, i have an old account in iro , cant remember my server, i quit 2 or 3 years ago and now i am playing again. im guessing my server back then was IRIS, i used the same email im using with my new account now, is there any chance i could get back some of my items back then ?? please feel free to mail me on forum mail. thanks and more power to Ragnarok

#36 forbiddenshadow

forbiddenshadow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:25 AM

My friend just returned today and I'm attempting to help her figure things out. She notices that her dancer and hunter were missing, but she only has 6/9 character slots taken on the account we were able to get connected to warpportal. I found this -very- odd, as this information I see here would lead me to assume she'd have 9/9 and then the extras on another.

Then there is the matter of one character having _c at the end, which leads me to think the original account has the extras. I had her try and add the account again with the _i, _l, _c on it. Tried each one and none of them worked.

We were already going to send a ticket in for the name fix, but any suggestions on the account that we might be doing wrong? If not I'll just have her send the ticket in.

EDIT: She sent a ticket in and go an automated email response saying her ticket was closed. But thats it. No fix yet so wondering whats to happen.

Edited by forbiddenshadow, 15 January 2012 - 12:15 AM.

#37 victorianrobot

victorianrobot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:47 PM

I don't see an "introduce yourself" topic anywhere, so I figure I'll post here to thank OP for this topic instead. :P This was incredibly helpful. I'm just now coming back after a few years of hiatus from RO. (last played in 2004!) When I took my break, I pretty much had to force myself off. The addiction ran strong. heh heh. Now that things are F2P and the whole cash shop and all, seemed like it might be interesting to check out things again...

Anyway, I was so happy to find that my ticket experience went by quickly and with no problems whatsoever! I was so afraid it'd be a frustrating experience, but it turned out to be painless. In fact, I found out that I had characters on an account I forgot I even had. The story ended happily ever after, all my old characters are back again (it was amazing to open them up again) with only a few casualties to the whole "_(server)" server merge re-naming problem. So a few of my old characters are starting over new again, in a way, since they now have new names...odd, but fun I suppose. Strange to use the ROPD search and find other people with my old names... heh. I hope no one thinks those people are me. ^^

So many things have changed since I've been gone... can't believe how fast I seem to level now. I played on Sakray before, and I don't recall leveling this fast even then. I think the 2x event is still going on, and wasn't Sakray 2x exp back when I played? I forget, so maybe it's just being away from the game so long making it seem to go by fast. The eden quests are a great addition to the game as well. :)

So yup, my advice to returning players reading this: if you're having ticket problems, try again. And if you're worried about not having enough info to find your old characters, just keep trying. I was lucky in that I had old invoices from past payments for RO so I was able to use some of those to track down my old account. ^^

#38 Gunkar

Gunkar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationLes Écureuils
  • Server:Ygg, Valk, CLASSIC

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:00 AM

What is the best server I could use.. I logged onto Yggdrasil but it doesn't seem to be like in my memories.. like I don't encounter lot of people.. and when i'm trying to chat with people to sell my things or any advice.. looks like no one is there or don't respond.. is it better with one of the two other server? I want to change but don't want to messed up anything or be restrein by I don't know what...

thx

oh and wich one is the VIP server.. cause I don't want to be VIP for now.. just trying to figure out if I like it or not

#39 Deer

Deer

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:43 AM

Is there any way to retrieve old Sakray characters? (I'm talking like 2003-2004 old. LOL) Or are those totally gone? I thought I had read a post a while back saying you could grab those characters too however I can't seem to find it.

#40 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:31 AM

Is there any way to retrieve old Sakray characters? (I'm talking like 2003-2004 old. LOL) Or are those totally gone? I thought I had read a post a while back saying you could grab those characters too however I can't seem to find it.

They were merged into iris, and from there merged into the rest of the premiums.

#41 victorianrobot

victorianrobot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:16 AM

Yeah, I actually had to do this. I played Sakray at the same time! (in the guild Souls of the Incognito... lol) :) I couldn't remember the account name, but what I did is send in a ticket to the GM team, and I included all the character names I could remember along with their jobs and levels (guessed on a couple of them, couldn't recall exactly which level I was at on some) -- they were able to retrieve my account with the characters on it using that information and attached the account to my warp portal account! Good luck. :p_smile:

#42 bwuebewwy

bwuebewwy

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:49 PM

Hey, its been way too long since i played RO last.. They have trancedent and third classes now.. I'm really lost.. I just started out but i can't put in any game time now cos of exams till mid june. Anyway, just to check it out i started out on yggdrasil. Is it a good server.. Its free yes!! But it seems like everybody's botting.. I'd like if someone could help me with server info.. Ymir too.. So i could make a decision.. Thank you.

#43 g0su

g0su

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:24 AM

Thank you for this post. It has helped me get back in the game and made it very easy to pick up again :)

#44 iuzDelacroix

iuzDelacroix

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:39 AM

Most of my knowledge has been outdated lol. This can help me pickup with the game much easier. Thank you.

#45 NiroKent

NiroKent

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationProntera
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

what is the advantage of having a baby class character?

#46 dkitty

dkitty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:03 AM

Thank you! This was very useful, but I wish there was more information.

#47 Leafguardian

Leafguardian

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

I have problem here. when Ragnarok setup always popping up, I uninstall this game and stop playing for a half-year. yesterday, I re-downloading the patch and run as administrator, and it works. but my character has gone. I have download new "patch.inf" and copy it to the new Ragnarok folder, but still useless. I hope there is a solution for my problem. thanks

Edited by Leafguardian, 03 January 2013 - 05:43 PM.

#48 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:14 AM

Hello Leafguardian,

did you re-install ragnarok online completely?

Where did you install it to?

What exe do you use and which server are you trying to connect to?

Did you follow this guide yet?

http://forums.warppo...pty-fix-inside/

Greetings
Ascend

#49 Leafguardian

Leafguardian

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

Hello Leafguardian,

did you re-install ragnarok online completely?

Where did you install it to?

What exe do you use and which server are you trying to connect to?

Did you follow this guide yet?

http://forums.warppo...pty-fix-inside/

Greetings
Ascend

last year, i uninstall the program, and delete all forlder that contain ragnrok file. and i try to download it again and install it completely. and my character are invisible. and i have read that page too. then i download the patch.inf

and my server is chaos

#50 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

Hello Leafguardian,

did you install it into the pre-destinied folder or somewhere else (for example, not on your system harddrive (usually C:\)?

Which .exe do you use to try and connect to chaos? ragnarok.exe or classicRO.exe?

Are both running as Administrator? Are both running as administrator on user level or global level?

Greetings
Ascend

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users