This is Ragnarok Online ~Not Ragnarok Easy mode - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 14 votes

This is Ragnarok Online ~Not Ragnarok Easy mode

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:25 PM

I simply dont know how long will IRO will still stay alive with the things there are doing in game. I think Heim and the other staff works very hard to try to make Ragnarok a better game. Having too many exp event seen kinder sickening. Other game that i had play b4 don't have such a long run of exp event up to a weeks. Usually just up for 2 or 3 day.

The double experience events are great opportunities for newbies and high lvled players to level fast with less work, are like a life line to keep those people playing until further content is released.This game although a good one doesn't have an whole lot of content to keep certain people interested for long periods of time. We are way month's behind Kro version of the new contents. But the constant flow of double exp events we'r getting so frequently over these few month kinder make the game 'out of balance' as they are getting to high lv too fast.Being 99 was a big thing for most of us in the past as it take a long and de·ter·mi·na·tion.

Its is very fast to lv up with the Renewal system. But with the constant Exp event i have a feeling YOU GUY WANT US ALL to max level as soon as possible. I must say im seeing way too many high Lv player already in the game too soon just under 3 month. (Im surprise that the server till haven't been flooded by lv 150' players)

I seriously wonder what will Iro's staff will do to continue to keep these people to remain interested in the game in a long run.

Dont u all realize that people retire from playing when there's nothing left to do Due to the fact that they already MAX out all the Character?

#2 catstyle

catstyle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:02 PM

yah. because thats the reason RO had stayed alive for so long, the slow grinding right?
Soon when you cant find any new char to grind/powerfarm for loads of days to 150, the game is over, you won.

I can see how it works for some people, and others gets annoyed when everyone else can do it at x2 speed.

Id say there is huge cons/pros with the x2 event running this long, but imo, the slow leveling is not whats holding people stuck in RO for so long, it might be some "other" things, ;o
heck I can imagine more people have left due to it.

Oh well, thats my view on it. :P

#3 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:15 PM

True..there a lot of reason...almost all the friend that i know when i started Ro some time ago had left...only left 9 people who i had know back then when i was a thief and while i was sin ..still played not to mention my other character that i have during those period.

But in the long..??

#4 catstyle

catstyle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:26 PM

True..there a lot of reason...almost all the friend that i know when i started Ro some time ago had left...only left 9 people who i had know back then when i was a thief and while i was sin ..still played not to mention my other character that i have during those period.

But in the long..??

In the long run they might get some new people hooked up, wich in that turn bring others, or it fails utterly and ro dies. :P
Cant really tell but imo, that they are doing some kind of events, knitting the community a bit better and so on, might improve its lifespan.

#5 sukidayo

sukidayo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:14 AM

events are there to sell kafra items. hats for some events, bm/bg/whatever for 2x/whatever events, and dont forget they are trying to sell vip too.

I seriously wonder what will Iro's staff will do to continue to keep these people to remain interested in the game in a long run.

as long as they can keep players competing with each other, people will keep playing. players one upping each other and trying to be the "best" is what sells kafra items.

Dont u all realize that people retire from playing when there's nothing left to do Due to the fact that they already MAX out all the Character?

they dont need to do anthing since reason for maxing their char is to brag and show off, thus making them feel special about themselves. this applies to all mmorpg and life in general. too bad you are not special when everyone else is too.

#6 TheFury

TheFury

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:06 AM

omg you stop complaining now. lvling outside a exp event is unbearable and makes me want to rip my hair out and quit way way way more the having a exp event i didn't even read your crappy post all it took was the first line for me to say GO LAY DOWN

#7 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:11 AM

I'm fine with EXP events, since they only lessen the grind, not do away with it all together.

It's the turn ins I find excessive and the way they are set up simply makes it worse. It really is that you either take part, or you miss out. Not to mention the fact that the GMs dislike hearing any sort of criticism, constructive or not, and rarely work to improve them beyond simply increasing the exp rewards and hoping everyone will ignore the event's other shortcomings.

Edited by Kitten, 11 April 2011 - 01:13 AM.

#8 TheFury

TheFury

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:33 AM

I'm fine with EXP events, since they only lessen the grind, not do away with it all together.

It's the turn ins I find excessive and the way they are set up simply makes it worse. It really is that you either take part, or you miss out. Not to mention the fact that the GMs dislike hearing any sort of criticism, constructive or not, and rarely work to improve them beyond simply increasing the exp rewards and hoping everyone will ignore the event's other shortcomings.

i thought they did a very good job with the last one. tho the exp for the others (not dragons) was kinda a waist of time because the exp was to low(anubis) or the amount was to high (Isilla/ven)but you also have to remember we got to choose those monsters that was a big step up if you ask me they made the spawns nice but taking out the exp from the monsters eh.. i would liked it as a spawn event better but for the dragons that was nice baby steps the gm team has come a long way in keeping the community happy just some people complain because someone is better then them and blame it on everything but themselves

Edited by TheFury, 11 April 2011 - 01:35 AM.

#9 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 03:12 AM

I don't see how having only one appealing turn in out of four offered is a "very good job".

#10 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 April 2011 - 03:17 AM

Jobs that only can lvl up partying (like FS AB) cannot find party without event. I wonder why this happens...

#11 kati3

kati3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBehind you
  • Server:Classic

Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:11 AM

omg you stop complaining now. lvling outside a exp event is unbearable and makes me want to rip my hair out and quit way way way more the having a exp event i didn't even read your crappy post all it took was the first line for me to say GO LAY DOWN

I don't see you having posted anything better, so be nice and stop calling someones post "crappy".

#12 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:21 AM

Get some gameskill, and play an MMORPG properly. Leveling is supposed to be tedious and long, it's all a process. Having 150's with eden hat is ridiculous :P

#13 catstyle

catstyle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:52 AM

What we could do is agree that we disagree ;o
Everyone have different feelings on how a MMO is played, some enjoy the hard work of leveling and gaining the maximum strength that it gives.
Others do enjoy the social parts of a game, and some rare guys do enjoy RP and questing :P

#14 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:09 AM

I'm fine with teh exp events. It's the Titan and Dragon turn ins that put this game into easy mode.

#15 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:28 AM

I don't see how having only one appealing turn in out of four offered is a "very good job".

Maybe its like baseball where if you get one hit out of four your batting average is still an average .250 http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/happy.gif All they would need would be one more good event and they would have 2 out of 5 which would bring that up to an outstanding .400 http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/happy.gif

Edited by CheddarJack, 11 April 2011 - 05:30 AM.

#16 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:02 AM

Well... everything deppends on the game dessign.

You can keep insterested your players with rich and fun content. For example, prerenewal and pre kvm badges in yucky boxes, battlegrounds were constantly full on valkyrie, even more before woe. Or woe itself, has kept people interested in RO longer than any leveling event. Or endless tower and other instances and quests.

Or for example, take the example of final fantasy (not online, but the console games). You level up ingame, but you do not wander running in circles over and over for hours killing the same monster over and over (at least many of us do not o-o;). What keeps people playing is the story and other fun elements, not the leveling.

Lazy game dessign keeps people interested in levels, or worse, in punishments if they don't play. For example, in a game where your chara loses stats or levels if you don't train them and such. People endure X or Y activity because they have to.

Good game dessign might include some leveling and some small bad contingences, but that also include lots of fun things to do. People log in to play in X or Y activity because they want to.

Many of us level because you have to be high leveled to enjoy other parts of the game, mostly woe. I mean, I wouldn't mind leveling if each level was granted through quests, minigames and fun activities, but not repetidly doning the same labour.

If leveling is something you dislike but you have to do, and someone offers you a shortcut, why not take it? There be some masochists who enjoy repeating patterns, but there are some people who do not enjoy doing so too ^^;

#17 kati3

kati3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBehind you
  • Server:Classic

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:10 AM

Need a better party system...

#18 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:31 AM

Also, this IS ragnarok easy mode.

We have a easy upgrade never fail if you pay system.
Monsters who are not a threat. As long as you have potions, you can survive anything.
Flywings to move freely ignoring any dungeon or map pattern.
And giant flywings to do the same but in a group.
And lots of AoE moves so nobody needs to party anyone.
And skills like dragon breath and firetrap so you can level without potions ever.
And hats that drop cookie bags full of recovery items or ales so you never worry about sp.
Or rideword hat to recover hp and sp too.
Or light boxes full of kafra blue and white potions to bypass the weight restriction
Or selling WP energy for zeny and get millions in a day
And kaahi + your killing skill with several SP recovery methods so you are always HP/SP full...

What kind of it isn't ragnarok easy mode? compared with a few years ago...

#19 mooMOOmoo

mooMOOmoo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:08 AM

Guys, don't forget that the maximum level cap for Ragnarok renewal is 99. Once you job change to 3rd class and leveling past that point you are breaking the level cap.

Posted Image

#20 Leonis1

Leonis1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 685 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:20 AM

I think we shouldnt have any more turn in events since thats basically just handing out levels. Just keep doing something like the double or triple spawn events and ill be happy especially in Abys3 since i can finally level there.

#21 mooMOOmoo

mooMOOmoo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:28 AM

Maybe turn-in events like Abyss Lake in the future should be restricted to job exp only.

#22 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:18 AM

Maybe turn-in events like Abyss Lake in the future should be restricted to job exp only.

That would be pretty ballin', even with the current elite you would have a mid-tier people what over time would get up to the elite as well.

#23 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:33 AM

If they decide to do TI events again(not saying i support them), they really need to have a level cap. 135-140 Max would be fair.

Edited by Braska, 11 April 2011 - 11:33 AM.

#24 TheFury

TheFury

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:00 PM

@kati3 i have played for years and @ that other person i still killed anubis for job only on my sura dont get me wrong a lot of ppl did it, just could have been a little better. guys years ago event use to be few and far and very lame now they are exciting and fun please dont try to take that away from everyone because you did not work hard enough to get 150 and some people did
and @Braska how would that be fair look at the lvl range of the server fair is what they did by making it everyone can partisanship! your saying make it so only 1% of the people 135+ can and only for 5 lvls that's not smart good job gm team really good job guys

Edited by TheFury, 11 April 2011 - 12:02 PM.

#25 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:04 PM

learn to play your class, thats how its fair. And you completely misread that. I said there should be a level cap for the event. so that you can't pass 135/140, which ever the GMs should choose. If you are the corrent "The fury" , it shows you are lvl 116 RK. I made a RK a couple days ago, it's already 126, that's with only lvling about 2-3 hrs a day (30 mins = 1 lvl). It's not that hard, people just need to learn to play.

Edited by Braska, 11 April 2011 - 12:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users