This is Ragnarok Online ~Not Ragnarok Easy mode - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 14 votes

This is Ragnarok Online ~Not Ragnarok Easy mode

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#51 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:21 PM

events allow harder class such as priests to gain higher level, have you seen how easy it is to level a royal guard...
events if anything balancing leveling throughout all the class because naturally its just harder/expensive to level some classes over others

#52 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:07 AM

Ok I have to ask how much time a day you have to play this game because it seems to me you have way to much.

I would like to take you through a regular week/work day for me:

6am - Wake up
6am - 7:30am - Eat breakfast, Shower, make lunch and otherwise get ready for work.
7:30am - 8:45am - Traveling time it takes me to get to work
8:45am - 5pm -- Work, work and more work
5pm - 6:15pm - Travel home from work

This typically leaves me with under 12 hours a day in which I have to Sleep, eat dinner, do chores (laundry, cleaning, yard work, grocery shopping etc...) and anything else I need to do for the day. Therefore I do not believe it comes as a surprise that I can only play maybe an hour or so a night.

I know I have tons of character listed below but I have been playing for years and recently about a month and a half ago I just came off a 5 month long layoff.

So I got to ask how much time do you spend playing this game? Don't forget the time it took you to lvl up your character to whatever lvl they are now. I only really use the exp events after lvl 85ish anyway. Before that it is easy enough todo as you say and find good spots, but after that it can get difficult without the gear and zenny needed to lvl.

I wasn't really directing my post at you since i saw the fact you can only play 30 mins a day. Honestly i've been there and worse.. i was so busy at one point in my life i did nothing but work for a year straight and slept when i had time. It was someone else who i have come across levelling in a very inefficient way which is why they are getting slow exp.

Should ppl demand exp events and ti events because they are too busy irl? The total time to level is about the same whether you do it in chunks or in small bits. You are going to have to just accept that because you don't have much time to play day to day that it will be much longer before you get 150 or whatever your goal is. Tailoring the events to your case isn't a good idea since you are an extreme case rather than the norm.

And honestly if you think pre-99 is hard you are gonna get a hell of a shock as a warlock unless you have some great resources.

But what is going on for alot of players is that the bulk of the levelling ppl are doing is during ti events. Such that normal exp events are not even good enough anymore and players are demanding ti events or they won't level. This is a pretty awful state of affairs imo. Levelling events should give you a boost and not replace normal levelling.

I do agree that not all classes are equal in terms of levelling but that is a problem i think they should ideally address separarately.

#53 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 12:39 PM

The events are much appreciated and bring a life into RO that otherwise would lead to many people not playing. The normal grind for characters, even the easiest of them to level, is very heavy. Even during events, people that used constant HEBMs are spending a large amount of time to get their levels.

Everyone has 9 character (assuming they're VIP or reserved them) slots and still have plenty to do. There's nothing wrong with making it feasible to get 150 within several months of causual play and these events are offering that. Even with all these events I see very few people that have achieved multiple 150's. The pace seems reasonable enough that people will not go through all the content anytime soon.

#54 fong

fong

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1070 posts
  • LocationBehind The Jail
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:45 PM

why no more turnin/exp even?
Why nobody saying in Easymod 'No more New noob Player plzz...'

?

#55 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:00 PM

You mean RO HASN'T been on easy mode in the past 3 years?

#56 MagicHands

MagicHands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationAlaska...
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:34 PM

Honestly its not hard to level...its hard to get the supplies to level...getting the levels is honstly easy enough but for some classes supplies go out the window so fast. without the 3x spawn event i was spending so much at the begining of renewal on mastelas. Supplies shouldnt be so expensive...it should be the levels that are hard to get.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users