This is Ragnarok Online ~Not Ragnarok Easy mode - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 14 votes

This is Ragnarok Online ~Not Ragnarok Easy mode

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#26 TheFury

TheFury

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:chaos

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:08 PM

yea tell that to 99% of the server since your the only one who knows how, and your so smart at making event ideas i need to leave now before i start flaming bye guys :P
cap yes i see my mistake /no1

Edited by TheFury, 11 April 2011 - 12:10 PM.

#27 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:15 PM

i hardly doubt that'll be the case. Have fun leveling :P

#28 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:47 PM

Also, this IS ragnarok easy mode.

We have a easy upgrade never fail if you pay system.
Monsters who are not a threat. As long as you have potions, you can survive anything.
Flywings to move freely ignoring any dungeon or map pattern.
And giant flywings to do the same but in a group.
And lots of AoE moves so nobody needs to party anyone.
And skills like dragon breath and firetrap so you can level without potions ever.
And hats that drop cookie bags full of recovery items or ales so you never worry about sp.
Or rideword hat to recover hp and sp too.
Or light boxes full of kafra blue and white potions to bypass the weight restriction
Or selling WP energy for zeny and get millions in a day
And kaahi + your killing skill with several SP recovery methods so you are always HP/SP full...

What kind of it isn't ragnarok easy mode? compared with a few years ago...

^This

Like 5 years ago the devs expected RO would soon die, so they stopped caring about breaking the limits of their game. So since it's still there, we have a RO where every game mechanic has been exploited as much as possible by some new content.

Now that I think about it, it seems like maybe they actually never cared, not just recently.
I mean, who creates a game mechanic, like defense, which is used to determine how tough a monster is supposed to be, and then later adds a weapon that is stronger the higher the def?
http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/icon_banghead.gif

Edited by Charon, 11 April 2011 - 12:48 PM.

#29 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:17 PM

I mean, who creates a game mechanic, like defense, which is used to determine how tough a monster is supposed to be, and then later adds a weapon that is stronger the higher the def?
http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/icon_banghead.gif

The same kind of people who creates a game mechanic where vit is used to resist, live longer, and have better potion recovery and survival; and then later adds a spammable skill that is deadly the higher the vit :P

#30 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:49 PM

TI's are ok but if the levels you can get are unrestricted, they should have them sparingly. After the TI events, no one really bothers with double exp events as they are so spoilt. Should let ppl get say 140-145 from TI's but to get 150 ppl should have to put some work in. People don't cherish things that are handed to them easily, as much as things they have to fight for.

#31 Miii

Miii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1219 posts
  • LocationIn this dazzling world

Posted 11 April 2011 - 03:18 PM

Posted Image

#32 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:37 PM

yea no more exp event, but 4x spawn in all maps! lmao. for a month, really, it would be a nice event. the new "SPAWN EVENT."

#33 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:39 PM

Posted Image

I SO I GREE WITH YA! KIDS...tsk tsk tsk...gotta grow up a bit to be a hardcore gamer :P

Edited by geniewinie, 11 April 2011 - 04:41 PM.

#34 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:16 PM

I have to say that without exp events like this I don't think I could have ever had the patience to 99 a guy. I mean it took me so long to get my first guy to 99 it wasn't funny. I mean without 2x Event and HE BM's I would be working on my Wiz still or have resorted to botting. I am lucky just now if I can squeeze 30min a day on this game since I started my new job and without this event I would say so long to this game just like that.

#35 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:44 PM

We had only planned 1 EXP event this week, and that was with the Ale Turnin event. But we felt it was more important to give a reward to those that helped us in the Japan recovery efforts. That event kind of came out of the blue.

#36 Lancer

Lancer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:52 PM

damn why would anyone complain about exp event lmao. if you enjoy spending your whole life lvling, that's your problem, as for me i have work to balance and although i do have time to play, i tend to grind mostly during an exp events. they make more money anyways with exp events so its a win/win. also just because someone has 1 lvl 150 doesnt mean they don't lvl another char.

#37 TheFury

TheFury

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:57 PM

you should not have to explain why it said in the patch note heim. its a good thing the exp is bs without a 2x i really cant believe you guys are complaining thats like me complaining when i have to have sex with my girlfriend

#38 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:07 PM

^Because when exp events are so common ppl view it as the norm and it kills the game outside events. Ask ppl to level or if they are levelling outside events and hardly anyone does because they have become so spoilt. People are thinking of the long term implications.

How did you get 99 LK before renewal and now think RK is hard to level? O_o

#39 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:15 PM

^Because when exp events are so common ppl view it as the norm and it kills the game outside events. Ask ppl to level or if they are levelling outside events and hardly anyone does because they have become so spoilt. People are thinking of the long term implications.

How did you get 99 LK before renewal and now think RK is hard to level? O_o

What does that tell you then?
Grinding does not equate to fun, especially when the reward for doing so for the time invested is so horrible. Events are fun. If they weren't they'd be pointless.

#40 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:34 PM

Actually, i think grinding is pretty fun. goot 126-130 today :P

Edited by Braska, 11 April 2011 - 06:34 PM.

#41 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:20 PM

I like exp events, what i don't like is TI events. At high levels its like someone already pointed out - It's killing over and over and over... and waste a -_-load of zeny to become 150. So imo it's basically accelerating the process for those that will become 150 anyways unlike turn ins event, people tend to be Lv.140 without decent gears and alot of free time in their hands.

In dragon i wasted too much time looking for a party than actual leveling, alot of people leeching and LOL i've seen a party of 3 150's getting easily powned by Fallen Bishop. :P

Edited by HRdevil, 11 April 2011 - 07:23 PM.

#42 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:24 PM

Actually, i think grinding is pretty fun. goot 126-130 today :P

Posted Image

That is how fun I think grinding in RO is ._.

Really, what is wrong with seeing a party of 150s failing? Better for you, just kill the MVP. Or kill them in WoE if they fail there too. Or I don't know, stop holding feelings that leveling the slowest possible way makes you 'pro'.

If you think leveling the slowst and most boring way makes you a better player, go grind on your levels at thiefbugs or something, and then brag about how you earned your 150 because you spent more time then anyone ever.

Edited by Kadnya, 11 April 2011 - 07:28 PM.

#43 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:50 PM

It's not slow. Maybe you're so used to fast that it became slow.It could be because you're a battle AB...but idk i'm not a psychic.
Its P.L.S

You mentioned that the game is currently in easy mode. but how much simpler does it need to get for people to stop complaining about how "hard" it is?

PS.

Really, what is wrong with seeing a party of 150s failing?

was this supposed to be a Rhetorical question? i'm really confused :P

Edited by Braska, 11 April 2011 - 08:02 PM.

#44 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:26 PM

You mentioned that the game is currently in easy mode. but how much simpler does it need to get for people to stop complaining about how "hard" it is?

None... the game doesn't need to be easier, RO needs to be harder. But saying that leveling without turn ins is "hard mode" is a plain lie. It is longer, but as easy as doing turn ins, just longer. I like hard things, but not long things because they bore me easily xP.

was this supposed to be a Rhetorical question? i'm really confused :P

Nupe, it is a real question... like, caring about how other people 'fail' or not when they are 150 is like, what would you do if your neighbor has a better job than you even if he or she studied less years? Call him/her cheater because everyone must follow the same path at slowspeed?

#45 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:35 PM

What does that tell you then?
Grinding does not equate to fun, especially when the reward for doing so for the time invested is so horrible. Events are fun. If they weren't they'd be pointless.

It tells me either you are being very subjective or you are not able to form a more sophisticated analysis.

TI and exp events are the same as grinding... people are not doing it because it is necessarily fun in itself but for the reward and potential time saved versus normal methods of levelling. It is fine to have events but have too many and people will not level normally and you will have to keep having events constantly. When those events become the exp norm they expect you are going to have to try even harder to motivate them.

MMOs in general need to make people perform the same tasks over and over. Just because the masses want something, it does not mean those with the power to change things should hand it out without restriction. For example, if a populace is asked if they want to abolish taxation it is likely that a majority will vote yes without regard for consequences.

Ask the populace if they want ti events and of course most will say yes. However, if you do not have them sparingly you just risk producing an exceptionally lazy player base - just look that vip suggestion thread... tell me some of those suggestions are not utterly pathetic.

Do asians really like grinding in games or working really hard irl? You can't really argue that too many events haven't directly contributed to the laziness of much of the populace.

Most classes can level at a decent rate without events. What is obvious to me is that some individuals ITT that have played for a long time still do not know how to do some research on irowiki or in game and discover more efficient ways of hunting.

#46 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:48 PM

@OP, Piss off...=) I'm loving all these exp events. I don't know about other people, but I've never have enough time to play games anymore. What's worse is that one of the funnest parts of RO, WoE, now requires you to be a fairly decent level 3rd class character. If WoE was like before where you could still play a nontrans char and still do fairly well in WoE like it was before renewal, I'd be perfectly happy. But since I can't enjoy one of my favorite parts of RO, you and anyone else that doesn't like these exp events can honestly piss off with your complaining about them.

#47 TheFury

TheFury

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:10 PM

@ensignfluke right. right. we have to lvl up we need the exp quit hating on the exp event quit hating on the turn ins because we the people love it

#48 aurum

aurum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:11 PM

same idiots complaining about turn in events are the ones there 24/7

#49 Mischelle

Mischelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:38 PM

I hardly see why the leveling mechanics of this game are of even the slightest debate when the game's actual content is hardly worth playing.

Especially because the game's content is almost exclusively versus oriented.

You push button gain exp for leveling.
You push button gain loot and exp for MvPing.

Note that "button" is singular in both these cases. A hotkey bar with only 1 skill on it is sufficient to level or MvP quickly and practically.

PvP has the most content, which has about two options, and requires several keystrokes to play, those being:

1. Play a sura, you will need some buttons to switch armor, consume ale, teleport to any location in your line of sight, also one key to disable everyone around you, and one key to kill everybody. Though, if you are wearing enough gear, you can probably just go with the "Kill Everybody" button.
2. If you don't play a sura, you really only need two keys. ALT, and F4.

#50 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:12 PM

It tells me either you are being very subjective or you are not able to form a more sophisticated analysis.

TI and exp events are the same as grinding... people are not doing it because it is necessarily fun in itself but for the reward and potential time saved versus normal methods of levelling. It is fine to have events but have too many and people will not level normally and you will have to keep having events constantly. When those events become the exp norm they expect you are going to have to try even harder to motivate them.

MMOs in general need to make people perform the same tasks over and over. Just because the masses want something, it does not mean those with the power to change things should hand it out without restriction.

Ask the populace if they want ti events and of course most will say yes. However, if you do not have them sparingly you just risk producing an exceptionally lazy player base - just look that vip suggestion thread... tell me some of those suggestions are not utterly pathetic.

Most classes can level at a decent rate without events. What is obvious to me is that some individuals ITT that have played for a long time still do not know how to do some research on irowiki or in game and discover more efficient ways of hunting.

Ok I have to ask how much time a day you have to play this game because it seems to me you have way to much.

I would like to take you through a regular week/work day for me:

6am - Wake up
6am - 7:30am - Eat breakfast, Shower, make lunch and otherwise get ready for work.
7:30am - 8:45am - Traveling time it takes me to get to work
8:45am - 5pm -- Work, work and more work
5pm - 6:15pm - Travel home from work

This typically leaves me with under 12 hours a day in which I have to Sleep, eat dinner, do chores (laundry, cleaning, yard work, grocery shopping etc...) and anything else I need to do for the day. Therefore I do not believe it comes as a surprise that I can only play maybe an hour or so a night.

I know I have tons of character listed below but I have been playing for years and recently about a month and a half ago I just came off a 5 month long layoff.

So I got to ask how much time do you spend playing this game? Don't forget the time it took you to lvl up your character to whatever lvl they are now. I only really use the exp events after lvl 85ish anyway. Before that it is easy enough todo as you say and find good spots, but after that it can get difficult without the gear and zenny needed to lvl.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users