TwiliteGarden

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationNew York City
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:41 PM

Can someone please explain this to me in plain English? I don't know why but I just cannot understand what the tables mean.

#27 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:54 PM

These drop tables are a very good symbol of what is wrong with the game. This is not fun to experience. For starters, why does nothing drop from bosses so often? Why? What possible purpose does that serve? With how awful their spawnrate is, they should never drop *nothing* period. They should always drop *something*. Next, most enemies drop common items almost exclusively. HP and MP Boosters are awful and shouldn't drop. And there are way too many normal enemies in the game. Take Orlo, for example. There are very few enemies that aren't common there. Even some of the harder ones are still common, which of course translates into terrible drops. Another question, why did we go to level range on tiers of drops? Let's take Lisent Nas for example. They only drop from bosses that are level 1-49. Gee, people ingame sure spend so much time leveling off these specific bosses. No wonder there's almost no Nas left on the servers. This is only one example, take that across the board and it still applies. The fact is, most players spend most of their time ingame over level 200. That's just the way the system works. People are over 200 for far longer than they are under 200. And yet, most of the good items are completely unavailable as drops if you are over 200. So, most of the good items are unavailable for most of the players in the game. I understand that you seem to be trying to make the game more inviting for new players. But at the same time, you must take care of your veteran players or they will quit and that does no good for anyone. What was wrong with the drops pre-v.328? I mean, all you had to do was halve the drops from then and you would have had as good a drop system as could be asked for. Please reconsider what you have done. It may make sense to you but it doesn't work for the people who play the game and supply you with revenue.

DING DING DING...

Why *ARE* level 220 characters being victimized due to their level and are unable to get any other catalysts? ALL lisents should be available on Orlo to repay us for the fact that there isn't anything to do in the game other than farming. It is not a hard thing to understand ffs. Are we expected to spend the rest of our time before the game folds sitting in our stores and watching the paint dry???

We're sitting, in a holding pattern, waiting for new content and we need to be given a reason to play AND pay. IF you do no reward us, there is no reason to play. Simple. This is what, week 5 or 6 from the stupid update and the bloody drops are worse than ever! That stupid table that you provided to us for Level 200 characters is not only unacceptable, it's a JOKE! Seriously...do you honestly think that it's going to be acceptable to ANY of us??? Lisent HG only...give me a break...do you REALLY think that that is acceptable to us? Even if you fix the drop rate so that one HG doesn't drop per 1000 kills vs any monster on orlo, we need a variety of lisents dropping. Lisent AU, PB, CR, FE, CU dropped before and people were quite happy...why can you not replace that and make people happy again? I have to wonder if you really want us to be happy because every single person left playing who bothers to post any more is begging for you to put things back to the way it was before. The drop table needs to be returned to the way it was before the Big Update with the lisent drop rates reduced by 50% ETC or it needs to be duplicated. Period.

YOUR CUSTOMERS ARE DEMANDING CHANGES TO THE DROP TABLE ON ORLO...ALL OF US THAT HAVEN'T QUIT. ARE YOU GOING TO LISTEN OR ARE WE GOING TO KEEP GETTING UPDATES THAT ARE LESS THAN ACCEPTABLE THAT CONTINUE TO MAKE IT SO WE DON'T WANT TO PLAY, SO WE DON'T WANT TO SPEND MONEY ON THE GAME?

Seriously...I feel like a broken record but this stuff just isn't getting fixed.

#28 ejayloyola

ejayloyola

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Server:draconis

Posted 17 April 2011 - 01:24 AM

thanks zep, this info really help me a lot. just wondering. when will those purple armors(epic) be released? are those purple armors the 9th grade armors? or just part of the epic thingy. thanks again. more power.

#29 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 17 April 2011 - 01:29 AM

Can someone please explain this to me in plain English? I don't know why but I just cannot understand what the tables mean.

Could you be more specific? What exactly do you not understand about these tables?

#30 Elements

Elements

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:08 AM

Just a side note but:

Bosses really shouldnt be dropping anything other than:

Ancient Scarabs (to refine uniques with)
Gems 3's (why were they removed in the first place?)
Purple Items (Epic weapons)
Tier 5 Catalysts and Chems

And they should really never not drop anything (given the amount of time and effort it takes to kill them compared to other monsters)

No armour etc (the legendary stuff should drop from sub-bosses)

I do however appriciate the devs work in trying to get things ironed out. Let's face it.. ROSE isn't a super high tech MMO and I'm sure there are more important titles that need work as well. It's just a matter of being patient. Just because people demand stuff doesn't mean it should happen... look at what Sony did to Star Wars Galaxies back in the day... they listened to their customer base and waited on them hand and foot... instead of being creative on their own like developers should be... and ruined the game. I'm sure I could dig up a dozen other titles where this holds true as well.

P.S. Now wheres that new level 220 armour? :(

Edited by Elements, 17 April 2011 - 05:11 AM.

#31 yeoldknight

yeoldknight

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationNone of your business

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:17 AM

What I really don't understand is why my level 6x dealer can get more catalyst's than my 210 champ farmer. Seriously? Not even trying and i got like 100 catalysts, but when i farm on my champ I get almost nothing.. After hours and hours of farming! What needs to be done, is revert back to the old system, just throw in a bunch of armors and PAT mats and chems into the drop chain. That was the main reason that the monsters dropped so many catalysts. There were no other items to drop.

P.S. Why do kings drop blue armors? xP

#32 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationFloating Around Somewhere!

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:20 AM

Interesting thread. Guess i'll jump into game and see how bad it is.
From what I heard epics are dropping less which IMO is good as they were dropping like apples and level 200 weapons may as well not of existed. Mind you there is that many in game now I don't think it would make a difference what rate they dropped at now :(
I miss the good old days with the goblin king and battle cart weapons, 1 per day! If it was like that to begin with then we could of called them "epics".

#33 Elements

Elements

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:14 AM

What I really don't understand is why my level 6x dealer can get more catalyst's than my 210 champ farmer. Seriously? Not even trying and i got like 100 catalysts, but when i farm on my champ I get almost nothing.. After hours and hours of farming! What needs to be done, is revert back to the old system, just throw in a bunch of armors and PAT mats and chems into the drop chain. That was the main reason that the monsters dropped so many catalysts. There were no other items to drop.

P.S. Why do kings drop blue armors? xP

If I had to take a guess I'd say they changed it so alot of new people (or alts) DON'T rush to level 220 in a week and start mega farming.. instead they probably wanted people to grind slower and actually have something to work with when they hit level 200+ in terms of refining, money and all that other good stuff.

This is the reason im actually going to grind another alt... and take my time with it (catalysts and chemicals here i come)

Most people however don't fully understand the concept.. which is a shame.

#34 yeoldknight

yeoldknight

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationNone of your business

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:32 AM

If I had to take a guess I'd say they changed it so alot of new people (or alts) DON'T rush to level 220 in a week and start mega farming.. instead they probably wanted people to grind slower and actually have something to work with when they hit level 200+ in terms of refining, money and all that other good stuff.

This is the reason im actually going to grind another alt... and take my time with it (catalysts and chemicals here i come)

Most people however don't fully understand the concept.. which is a shame.

LOL.... That's exactly what i did. :I
I got my champ to 210 in like 5 days.. :/

#35 Sparros

Sparros

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:15 AM

OK so a whole lvl on a Bourg with max Stockpile and only 9 O Metal ,some other bits and pieces but for sure not enough to craft with :S Even if I'd used a double drop medal ,call that 18-20 O Metal ,still not good for a whole lvl . Back to using Nullis again I guess if I can be bothered to spend so much time for so little return.

#36 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 10:44 AM

From what I heard epics are dropping less which IMO is good as they were dropping like apples and level 200 weapons may as well not of existed. Mind you there is that many in game now I don't think it would make a difference what rate they dropped at now :(
I miss the good old days with the goblin king and battle cart weapons, 1 per day! If it was like that to begin with then we could of called them "epics".

Only problem with that is that now some of the super rare epics are basically not dropping at all. Shattered Hopes went from super rare to basically unobtainable. One king at any spawn they spawn at spawns every 10 minutes or so and through 2 days of farming, i've yet to see a single drop better than low enthiric. With that ratio, I would rather do spring cleaning than play Rose/try to farm a staff from it.

They need to increase the rate of drop for epics that don't drop in multispawn areas like the scavengers...10 scavengers at any time make it so much more easy.

#37 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:11 AM

I decided to jump in with Naughty and farm serveral area's in Orlo for a couple hours. In some area's like Scorpions and Mastyx mostly just dropped HP and MP instant potions and thats about all - horrible. We farmed a snake boss spot and got a mixture of MP/HP, yellow armors, and tons of a variety of grade 2 gems, the occasional catalyst. Over all the farming is very poor on Orlo. Considering mostly I play to farm (when I do play) and eat NoExp coupon, it doesn't look very enjoyable to farm right now.

I farmed the boss because wanted to try for some epic weapons, but nada.

Edited by CoffeeMuse, 17 April 2011 - 01:24 PM.

#38 CharasX

CharasX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 02:26 PM

Only problem with that is that now some of the super rare epics are basically not dropping at all. Shattered Hopes went from super rare to basically unobtainable. One king at any spawn they spawn at spawns every 10 minutes or so and through 2 days of farming, i've yet to see a single drop better than low enthiric. With that ratio, I would rather do spring cleaning than play Rose/try to farm a staff from it.

They need to increase the rate of drop for epics that don't drop in multispawn areas like the scavengers...10 scavengers at any time make it so much more easy.

They just need to remove the boss status from scavenger, and to make them be "captain" and then to raise epic drop rates ( at what it was at the beginning ) on real bosses. That would, i think, be the best thing to do.

And i ll also say it in this thread, give at the very least 1 aoe to scout and katar raiders, it s not fair that only those 2 type of chars have to lvl slowly and to beg to be accpeted in parties as they are useless for it.

#39 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 17 April 2011 - 02:35 PM

They just need to remove the boss status from scavenger, and to make them be "captain" and then to raise epic drop rates ( at what it was at the beginning ) on real bosses. That would, i think, be the best thing to do.

And i ll also say it in this thread, give at the very least 1 aoe to scout and katar raiders, it s not fair that only those 2 type of chars have to lvl slowly and to beg to be accpeted in parties as they are useless for it.

That's totally a bad idea. There's a reason if you can make 5 characters per account. Just make a bourg with aoes and stockpile, and your set.

#40 SilverBlood

SilverBlood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • LocationAtlantis
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:00 PM

There's a reason if you can make 5 characters per account.

More characters = more lvling/gear = more Item Mall.
Total conspiracy I tell ya :(

I'm building a report that I'm sending to the Development Team early next week

Any chance they'll also undertake actions concerning this matter in the following maintenance, or will it take more time ?

#41 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:57 PM

More characters = more lvling/gear = more Item Mall.
Total conspiracy I tell ya :(

Any chance they'll also undertake actions concerning this matter in the following maintenance, or will it take more time ?

I got about 16 chars now...90% of them have im crap...going to be areal shame when i quit this game if something isnt done by thrusday about the droprate....

Who wants my gear? :(

#42 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:03 PM

I got about 16 chars now...90% of them have im crap...going to be areal shame when i quit this game if something isnt done by thrusday about the droprate....

Who wants my gear? :(

Called it first! :(

#43 lilsere

lilsere

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:57 PM

I'm a player who enjoys grinding slowly and farming as I go (my highest char is 175) and I had been looking forward to finally getting to see Orlo and farming there until this drop change happened. With all the complaints I've been hearing about Orlo, I've pretty much lost all incentive to continue leveling my char. What's the point when it sounds like I won't make any zulie there and the only things worth fighting will be bosses? Isn't there a problem when people would rather start new chars or eat no exp coupons to avoid the higher level maps?

#44 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:43 PM

I'm a player who enjoys grinding slowly and farming as I go (my highest char is 175) and I had been looking forward to finally getting to see Orlo and farming there until this drop change happened. With all the complaints I've been hearing about Orlo, I've pretty much lost all incentive to continue leveling my char. What's the point when it sounds like I won't make any zulie there and the only things worth fighting will be bosses? Isn't there a problem when people would rather start new chars or eat no exp coupons to avoid the higher level maps?

Congrats, you've caught up with the feelings of the rest of the community ^^

your exactly right, there is no point in coming to orlo, at 175 your probably getting better drops where your leveing than you will ever see out in orlo atm.

#45 SilverBlood

SilverBlood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:37 PM

DAMN you. I was gonna take it :(

#46 Ornos

Ornos

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 12:37 AM

kings droprate is crap ...right!
mats dropping rate for crafting ...also crap!
but licents are droping like rain, if you know the right spots.
why you are crying about the "low" droprate of the licents?
to get an item over (10) till (15) should be rar and not common.
the shops are full of licents and the prices are ok.
iam playing since beta and i start again a month ago. in this month i do more ingame money like all the years together.
ok...inflation is a point but the lower population equate it.
so plz change the drop tables of kings and craft-mats and lower the droprate of licents, because it to easy to get 10+ items at the moment.
thx

#47 SilverBlood

SilverBlood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 18 April 2011 - 12:42 AM

kings droprate is crap ...right!
mats dropping rate for crafting ...also crap!
but licents are droping like rain, if you know the right spots.
why you are crying about the "low" droprate of the licents?
to get an item over (10) till (15) should be rar and not common.
the shops are full of licents and the prices are ok.
iam playing since beta and i start again a month ago. in this month i do more ingame money like all the years together.
ok...inflation is a point but the lower population equate it.
so plz change the drop tables of kings and craft-mats and lower the droprate of licents, because it to easy to get 10+ items at the moment.
thx

Wrong forum bro, Private server is that way ->
Our version has no drops, but we do have a tier system! :(

Edited by SilverBlood, 18 April 2011 - 01:36 AM.

#48 Ornos

Ornos

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 12:54 AM

i know i dont make me friends with this post, but where are the old rose days where an (9) item war REALY rar and hard to get.
now i see (15) in ever 5th shop. thats no challange for me.
i do with my knight in an hour more than 20 licent hg's, now i level up a stockpile dealer and while i was leveling i was finding hundrets of powders, licents au and some hg's. i use the half of them to raise my weapon up to 15 (also with vana ;-)). to easy i think!
today i go farming with them l-hg and iam shocking, how easy it is.
sorry but the older rose was realy harder and not child frendliy like this!

Edited by Ornos, 18 April 2011 - 01:29 AM.

#49 SilverBlood

SilverBlood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:06 AM

We feel your pain, but don't make them lower drops even more just becuz a few oldtimers have successful shops lmao.

People who've been playing nonstop for years can make a few 15's in half an hour.
And people with a nice credit card can buy those 15's in even less time.

Thats just how it works.

#50 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:19 AM

Yo yo chill handsome! Leave something for your beloved :3