Thursday May 12, Maintenance plans. - Page 10 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Thursday May 12, Maintenance plans.

• Please log in to reply
295 replies to this topic

#226 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:24 PM

The slot event will take me many hours to complete and test, it will be someting that our next normal maintenance will get added. Don't worry it just gives you a chance to collect more!

#227 Alorien

Alorien

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:30 PM

Is there any chance the swordfish's water ball in the Overlook Water Dungeon could be made interuptable again since we're down for maintenance anyway?
It nearly 1 shots my level 74 alchemist who has over 3k HP and comes well equipped. For any newbies, this would almost certainly be insta-death.
I thought the challenge with sword fish was to hit them quickly when they start casting, right now, when there is no way to stop them from casting... It's just.. not doable. Or at least not without burning potions or coming with expensive equipment.
The idea was good, and it certainly adds a challenge for the well equipped veteran player, but for newbies who this dungeon was intended for... It just takes away all fun.

Also, you might want to look into the reward for the quest on the 3rd floor. 2 elunium isn't much, not even for a newbie and worth less than the rewards from the previous 2 levels.
Maybe make it 5 Elunium or, following the trend of the previous two levels, a choice between shoes[1] or boots[1]?

Edit: Other than that, loving the dungeon and the turn ins! I think this VIP dungeon is a great idea and can't wait to see more dungeons get VIP mirrors like this. :o

Edited by Alorien, 12 May 2011 - 10:40 PM.

#228 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:34 PM

and a card of your choice from that dungeon.

Wow, really?! The VIP dungeon with no drop penalty is absolutely awesome. I got 3 cards within 45mins, one of which got eaten by a Kukre, but still nice. ;D It would be nice if the spawns were increased though, that's the only real problem with it now, at least for floors 1-3. Haven't gotten further than that yet.

#229 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:04 PM

come on gms, can you please get it together? dcs/out of game time messages/etc

#230 TSTitle52

TSTitle52

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:15 PM

I wonder what testing team are doing now.....

#231 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:03 AM

I hope there's a reason we're getting spiritual augers with... no ears or anything to use them on right now.

#232 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:17 AM

Is there any chance the swordfish's water ball in the Overlook Water Dungeon could be made interuptable again since we're down for maintenance anyway?
It nearly 1 shots my level 74 alchemist who has over 3k HP and comes well equipped. For any newbies, this would almost certainly be insta-death.
I thought the challenge with sword fish was to hit them quickly when they start casting, right now, when there is no way to stop them from casting... It's just.. not doable. Or at least not without burning potions or coming with expensive equipment.
The idea was good, and it certainly adds a challenge for the well equipped veteran player, but for newbies who this dungeon was intended for... It just takes away all fun.

Also, you might want to look into the reward for the quest on the 3rd floor. 2 elunium isn't much, not even for a newbie and worth less than the rewards from the previous 2 levels.
Maybe make it 5 Elunium or, following the trend of the previous two levels, a choice between shoes[1] or boots[1]?

Edit: Other than that, loving the dungeon and the turn ins! I think this VIP dungeon is a great idea and can't wait to see more dungeons get VIP mirrors like this. :o

Aqua armour, problem solved. The idea VIP dungeons were supposed to be designed for veterans who wanted a challenge compared to the dull monsters at their current level.

#233 ChrisYui

ChrisYui

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:18 AM

Kafra Blossom Card - An Exclusive Kafra Card created by our very own community! Compounds in Accessory. Grants 10% resistance to all Elements except Neutral, when hit with magic has a low chance of activating an additional 10% Elemental resistance for a few seconds.

Created by our own community. And it got checked by you guys, and you actually accepted it? Seriously? 20% in accessories with a chance to have 40% resistance to all elements. With the other element resist gear you can compound onto that. That sounds okay to you?

Why do I even want to make characters in this game for WoE when they're just going to become useless whenever you guys want to randomly add in stupid crap like this? I don't. I'm not playing this game anymore.

Edited by ChrisYui, 13 May 2011 - 12:20 AM.

#234 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:31 AM

If you think thats bad, you should take a look at KVM rings. They'll blow your mind!

#235 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:33 AM

Well you can't just buy KVM badges... oh wait.

#236 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:38 AM

Lame that the best effect they could choose from the card contest was 10% elemental resistance. Was there nothing interesting, or were all the other submissions stupidly broken?

#237 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:00 AM

Lame that the best effect they could choose from the card contest was 10% elemental resistance. Was there nothing interesting, or were all the other submissions stupidly broken?

Actually:

Greetings, Programs!

UPDATE: For artists submitting artwork, please post in this subforum with a title with ART and your name in the title.
After many months of carefully marinating your ideas for Kafra Gal card effects, they are almost ready to go on the grill!

We picked card effects that looked like fun and will be sending the listed submissions up to Headquarters to be made. A big thank you to everyone who participated, and congratulations to the winning posters. It was a lot of fun going through these and seeing the crazy stuff you want to see in the game.

But wait a minute, while we received a lot of great ideas for what the cards would do.... only one of the submissions had artwork to go along with it.

Great community cards should have great community designed arts on them.

So I put the call out to you, artisans of Rune Midgards: Create card artwork for the winning card entries! Use the flavor text or proposed image as a guideline for creating your arts and post them in this here thread and immortalize these lovely Kafra Ladies.

1. Kafra Leilah Card-suggestion from Susan

Kafra Leilah likes to watch the stars at night. She is always hoping to see a falling star, so she can make a wish (preferably true love or tax reductions).

Card slot: Accessory (2 cards don't stack)

Effect: Add the low chance of casting lv 1 Meteor Storm when being attacked. +5%HP/SP recovery. -5 % Sp Consumption.

Picture:I can't draw but i can play with photoshop. I only you used bmps/effect pics that are from Ragnarok, nothing else.
<This photoshop actually came out really great, if someone wants to take a crack at further illustrating this please go ahead>http://forums.warppo...ra-leilah-card/

2. Kafra Pavianne Card- suggestion from OldManWinters

Devoting yourself to the task, like Kafra Pavianna, can bring unexpected results
Card Slot: Headgear

Effect: Increase MATK by X% where X is equal to upgrade level of the headgear. If headgear is upgraded to +10 or higher reduce fixed cast time by 5%

Prefix: of Dilligence

Picture: Kafra Pavianna holding out a glowing object *artists choice* to a novice.
http://forums.warppo...ra-card-design/

3. Kafra Blossom �?? Suggestion from Wosungree-
< Needs some flavor text! >
Card slot: Accessory
Effect: +15% Resistance to all elements
5% chance to increase resistance to all elements by 10% for 10 seconds
-2 to all stats
Prefix: Carefree
<Needs card art!>

4. Kafra Jasmine �?? Suggestion from Doddler
< Needs some flavor text! >

Card Slot: Weapon
Effect: For each base stat at or above 100, adds +5% physical and magical damage.
Prefix: Devoted
<Needs card art!>
http://forums.warppo...fra-girl-cards/

5. Kafra Roxie�?? suggestion from anthraxzero
The cute Kafra gals can�??t stand the undead enemies, and decided to help the adventurers of rune midgard to exterminate these ugly guys for once and for all!
Card slot: Weapon
Effect: Gives 2% chance to cast turn undead on the enemy while dealing physical damage, +1 int.
Prefix: of Final Extinction
Image: I can imagine 3 Kafra galz (The ones you like more =P) fainted in the ground, while in front of them, there�??s another Kafra girl trembling (or a brave knight, haven�??t decided yet) facing a little zombie.
<Needs card art!>
http://forums.warppo...ra-cards-ideas/

6. Kafra Curly Sue - Suggestion from Kysiar
Even though she looks very young and acts very childish, she is very determined when it comes to her work.
Effect: Luk+2, has a chance of casting lvl 5 Gloria while attacking
<Needs card art!>

7. Creepy Kafra (Niffleheim)- suggestion from Fibrizzo
<Lots of suggestions for this NPC, she seems pretty popular, she needs some flavor text and a name(?)>
Effect: Enables the use of skill Resurrection lvl 1 (Blue gemstone needed)
Increases the SP cost of skills by 25%.
Decrease all stats -1.
Suffix: of Redemptio
<Needs card art!>
http://forums.warppo...49-death-kafra/

-end of line

#238 jax5

jax5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 02:54 AM

If anything, I think swordfishes should remain with uninterruptible cast, but have their cast time increased.

Unless instance swordfish is boss, the waterball is counterable by:
-Silence (e.g. lex divina)
-Stun (e.g. bash or hammer fall)
-Magnetic Earth under swordfish
-Spell Breaker
-burst damage (e.g. multiple damage dealers in group)
-Hide (e.g. smokie card)
-water element armor / high cold resist
-high HP (e.g. peco class or using large increase HP potion)

Half of those counters would be expected in some type of group makeup.

#239 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:28 AM

I think there are another monsters to review before... I'm missing a lot of hits on Obeaunes (about 75-80% hit) with my knight 67 when I'm hitting almost all attacks to the Mermans (95% hit). It's quite weird xD

#240 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 May 2011 - 05:37 AM

]and a card of your choice from that dungeon.

I did the entire dungeon worth of quests, I never saw an option to pick a card. I'm now level 80 so I can't re-enter the dungeon- should I send in a ticket? =/ It took a long time to do all 5 floors Q_Q and I was really disappointed at what I received as a reward. I didn't find one card normally so it would mean more to me if I still get to pick one.

If it makes any sense, I had to start from floor 2 because the sign on floor 1 wouldn't talk to me until after I had finished floor 5.

Edited by Snewt, 13 May 2011 - 05:38 AM.

#241 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 05:40 AM

I think there are another monsters to review before... I'm missing a lot of hits on Obeaunes (about 75-80% hit) with my knight 67 when I'm hitting almost all attacks to the Mermans (95% hit). It's quite weird xD

Yeah I couldn't hit those mermaids very well either. It seems the lightning attacks from Strouf had their cast times made uninteruptible as well- this makes thunderstorm and lightening bolt extremely painful when defaulting aqua (to counter the waterball problem which is also on the floor).

#242 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:46 AM

If anything, I think swordfishes should remain with uninterruptible cast, but have their cast time increased.

Unless instance swordfish is boss, the waterball is counterable by:
-Silence (e.g. lex divina)
-Stun (e.g. bash or hammer fall)
-Magnetic Earth under swordfish
-Spell Breaker
-burst damage (e.g. multiple damage dealers in group)
-Hide (e.g. smokie card)
-water element armor / high cold resist
-high HP (e.g. peco class or using large increase HP potion)

Half of those counters would be expected in some type of group makeup.

This. Soloing here should be for the motivated, highly skilled, and very well equipped. Heim even said that a party containing players of average skill should find level 5 challenging. I'd still opt for more damage output from monsters, but if people are finding it more challenging now and there is a chance of death, then that can only be a good thing. Renewal has all but removed that.

Edited by Akin, 13 May 2011 - 07:47 AM.

#243 Nilami

Nilami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:14 AM

@Heim: Edited the iROwiki page for Sealed Shrine Reward - Bapho Horns to reflect what you were trying to get across. If someone would like, they can supply me with screenshots I will add to the steps, that way we will have a visual as well as text guide. I don't have the materials to make them myself or I would screenie it.

I really think that after seeing the last couple months' maintenance schedules stretch out into extra hours, and the amount of sheer customer service effort it probably takes from you guys to respond to all the players that send in things like "When will maint END?" and "This is broken, fix itttttt" (if you respond at all) should give you enough reason to be running a live test server again, even if it were just a protected one for you all to run around on (similar to Sakray).

There is an obvious difference, as can be seen from your recent comments, from the "testing" that the GMs do on their own during patch development/implementation of the patch during maint and what players are experiencing live on the servers. I don't ever remember there being this kind of discrepancy when you had live test servers going in the past, even for little patches. Most of the time in the past complaints were isolated, individual issues with specific accounts, but now we're seeing actual patches, items, and NPCs having issues across the servers instead (descriptions wrong, missing info, items disappearing, things not working as intended, etc).

I guess the question is: which is more work? Doing a live test server with some extra hours of testing for each patch to make sure that major issues are found ahead for the most part (most games do have testers, and there are quite a few on here who love to find bugs), OR hours and hours and hours of never-ending maint and map-pulls because you have to fix things after implementation, not to mention all the customer service related to these issues?

That's just my two-zeny, of course.

Edited by Nilami, 13 May 2011 - 08:14 AM.

#244 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:22 AM

Can you add a "HD Ore Boxmaker" that turns Ores into transferable boxes again?

Even if it's 500k per box-making, this would be a real help for people who over-buy HD ori and HD elu.
people won't be force to upgrade more and more and buy more and more, adding an unethical "vicious circle of upgrading" to the game.

#245 Misery

Misery

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:43 AM

Ok, to clarify.

The Blossom Card is 10% bonus with a chance of activating another +10%

actually the card does not reduce poison,ghost and undead dmg unlike stated on the ragnarok page

Edited by Misery, 13 May 2011 - 09:46 AM.

#246 Alorien

Alorien

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:50 AM

Aqua armour, problem solved. The idea VIP dungeons were supposed to be designed for veterans who wanted a challenge compared to the dull monsters at their current level.

I was under the impression the dungeon was more for newbies than veterans. o_o Especially with the first 4 quest rewards being more tailored to them than veterans. But, if this is not the case I stand corrected.
I shall bring aqua armor and hide accessory with me on my next trip.

#247 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:54 AM

I thought the dungeons were supposed to be generally for veterans.

#248 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:58 AM

I find it to be a mix of both. Bucklers/Guards, Mufflers/Manteaus, and NPC Rosaries? Honestly, I just NPCed that stuff when I got it. x.x Not worth the space in my storage.

#249 Alorien

Alorien

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:10 AM

A little bit of both I would agree. The first few levels are pretty easy, unless you go in unequipped.
I've leveled my character for the noob challenge there in a party of 3 and still had issues even on the second floor when monsters do that water elemental attack. xD
But, you guys are right. Even when my eden-geared priest goes to level 4. I'll just have to get lex divina early to deal with the swordfish and later the strouf.

#250 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:16 AM

Why would veterans need any help reaching base level 75? :o

Does Spell Breaker affect these angry fishies?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users