Thursday May 12, Maintenance plans. - Page 12 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Thursday May 12, Maintenance plans.

• Please log in to reply
295 replies to this topic

#276 Shinjin6

Shinjin6

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:10 PM

Please, please no, Heim.

If you're going to make Box events more regular, realize that they already last two weeks including Boxter.

If you were to make Box events more regular, even on a smaller scale, you'd have to keep items from becoming box regulars. You'd have to. MVP Boxes shouldn't suffer another box event, nor things like Slot Ads without a real use at least in the bulk Box Events would provide, versus consumables like HE BM's/PHP's that are consumed on a fairly high level and would be okay.

Give extremely careful thought to which items you put in each box, or make it more like the St. Patrick's one, with a choice of four hats and 1 manuals and that's it.

It can't work otherwise.

#277 MojoChinto

MojoChinto

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:04 PM

Is Gatekeeper-DD really necessary as a 4th Seal Quest reward? If Gunslingers want to do the quest they could get a better weapon, sell it, and buy whatever guns they want. The Gatekeeper just seems so worthless (less than the 40 r.elu and 40 r.ori)...

#278 firzen

firzen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:27 AM

Affirmative, trade em to an alt or a friend!

thanks

#279 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 17 May 2011 - 04:50 AM

We are going to try a different route on the boxes, instead of making them so "big" we are going to try ones that are a bit smaller in scale but more often. Mostly we want them to not cause such huge sales spikes as they tend to do on the even months we do them. I don't expect them to sell as huge as the bi monthly ones but overall we can introduce more items, and make them feel more fresh to you.

There are games that have the roulette prize gambling as a permanent feature; the prizes just change monthly. If these events of RO's aren't going to be rare (say 4/year) you may as well just make it a permanent item that just rotates prizes monthly.

#280 Shinjin6

Shinjin6

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 07:18 AM

Please Heim, read my post at the end of the last page. You can see how constant box events, if done wrong, could mess up a lot of the economy and players, right?

#281 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:36 AM

I enjoy taking dumps on this game and driving people away.

#282 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:29 PM

Is Gatekeeper-DD really necessary as a 4th Seal Quest reward? If Gunslingers want to do the quest they could get a better weapon, sell it, and buy whatever guns they want. The Gatekeeper just seems so worthless (less than the 40 r.elu and 40 r.ori)...

Yea... just got one of these too now.

Out of 6 weapons only one I got was of the 80m caliber, with the rest being worth like 5m. Sucks when you see other people get 2 CKs from 2 tries, I know luck is luck, but the question remains,
why put useless crap in there when the point was to make it a list of GOOD weapons?
Any list that was suggested was better cause it didn't include:
-Gatekeeper DD
-Queen's Whip
-Hardcover Book
-Oriental Lute
where you lose more zeny than gain if your lv4 weapon broke at upgrading and wasn't a Kitchen Knife.

And there's more crap choices that should have simply been left out, like Schweizersabel, Tomahawk and Bradium Stone Hammer.

Who cares what types of weapons are covered, some just don't have any. You got rid of the non-random option anyway.

#283 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:06 PM

Make it so on seal 4 you get the kvm badges before you turn in the 40 roughs! :D?

#284 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:50 AM

They might as well put mirror boxes in on every server.
I guess Heim thinks he's crafty or something by putting MvP boxes in every other box event, which is pretty much the same thing.
I would also like to suggest some lipstick in some of the boxes, so we can all look pretty while you continuously screw us.

#285 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:38 AM

hm well the seal changes definitely seem to have taken hold on Ymir, 2-3 god items made in the last couple days. Best to get in now i guess while the non-god item makers are still doing the quests.

#286 Nilami

Nilami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:03 AM

hm well the seal changes definitely seem to have taken hold on Ymir, 2-3 god items made in the last couple days. Best to get in now i guess while the non-god item makers are still doing the quests.

More than 2-3 times. The amount of rolls we have had since they changed the quests numbers closer to 7 or 8 as far as I can tell, because I've missed certain seals a few nights in a row from them rolling overnight (last week and over the weekend).

The changes do seem positive for the most part though, except for everyone still hating the random lvl 4 weapon reward.

#287 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:44 AM

I think you're all missing the point of the overlook water dungeon. Yes, it's designed with parties in mind, but that doesn't mean that we should be penalised for soloing there. In fact, if the monsters are so hard that they require a party to efficiently kill, then players who CAN solo SHOULD be rewarded greatly for their ability to do so. Don't go disabling skills just to make it artificially impossible to solo there. If players have the skill and means to solo, then let them do so. Sheesh.

#288 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:46 AM

More than 2-3 times. The amount of rolls we have had since they changed the quests numbers closer to 7 or 8 as far as I can tell, because I've missed certain seals a few nights in a row from them rolling overnight (last week and over the weekend).

The changes do seem positive for the most part though, except for everyone still hating the random lvl 4 weapon reward.

Seal 4 also sucks because of the high item requirements and the fight with the dwarf. Rather funny that it gets stuck the longest on Seal 4 now. Maybe they should put a decent exp reward for that one as well, since that is what most people seem to be wanting with how fast Seal 2 closes.

#289 Nilami

Nilami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:08 AM

Seal 4 also sucks because of the high item requirements and the fight with the dwarf. Rather funny that it gets stuck the longest on Seal 4 now. Maybe they should put a decent exp reward for that one as well, since that is what most people seem to be wanting with how fast Seal 2 closes.

Personally, it's just the r.ori and r.elu requirements that slow me down on that seal. I've done the seal quests once pre-renewal and twice now since the fix, and the most recent two times I zip right through the dwarf battle. I would have been putting out a TON of money if it weren't for the fact that I had other sources for r.ori and r.elu than the stupid rising prices on the market. Even WITH the drop penalty removed, it's either spend hours hunting the items or put out 2-3mil to buy it all.

As a tip on the dwarf battle with Surdi, don't continue in the battle if it starts going bad. I press "cancel" and restart the battle at least 8 or 9 times because I miss or I get hit within the first two or three turns. It usually takes me less than 8 minutes on average to finish the battle by doing this. Contrary to iROWiki's suggestion, I usually avoid "Counter Attack" - if I use it and it fails, I start the battle over.

#290 meaning42

meaning42

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • LocationThe coldest depths of Sweden

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:14 AM

The battle with the dwarf is the stupidest thing I ever saw. How could the developers think this would be fun? "Heres an idea, lets have the players roll snake-eyes 6times in a row, no wait, lets give the NPC twice the hitpoints too!"

I was stuck at that damn dwarf for 45-_-ing minutes, there was someone beside me who managed to do it with 5 characters before I finished!
I'm not stupid, I restarted whenever I saw a bad turn coming but I still managed to fail, at one point I had the NPC down to 1 hp, one stinking hp, and he blocked me 3 times in a row.
After you've been at it for half an hour straight, the game should just realize thats it is being a -_-head and let you win automatically. Now that would be an improvement.

Other then that I think the 4th seal quest is pretty neat, simple to do, simple to get the ingredients, I had enough Rough elus and oris in my storage before I even though about doing the quest. and I almost have enough oris to do it again, should I want too.

Edited by meaning42, 18 May 2011 - 08:16 AM.

#291 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:24 AM

Did seal4 about 15 times since I play RO, never been a problem. Once he took almost 2 hours but otherwise maybe 20min.

#292 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:10 AM

Personally, it's just the r.ori and r.elu requirements that slow me down on that seal. I've done the seal quests once pre-renewal and twice now since the fix, and the most recent two times I zip right through the dwarf battle. I would have been putting out a TON of money if it weren't for the fact that I had other sources for r.ori and r.elu than the stupid rising prices on the market. Even WITH the drop penalty removed, it's either spend hours hunting the items or put out 2-3mil to buy it all.

As a tip on the dwarf battle with Surdi, don't continue in the battle if it starts going bad. I press "cancel" and restart the battle at least 8 or 9 times because I miss or I get hit within the first two or three turns. It usually takes me less than 8 minutes on average to finish the battle by doing this. Contrary to iROWiki's suggestion, I usually avoid "Counter Attack" - if I use it and it fails, I start the battle over.

Yea, I've done it a good 6~10 times already, so I know how to deal with the dwarf, but luck isn't always on my side. I've beaten him in less than 5 tries before and also had it take 3 whole seal rolls before I could finally beat him, taking half an hour on each or more. I have enough rough ori and elu to do it over 7 times myself, but the dwarf takes all the fun out of it. Maybe if he only had 150hp like the Mother's Day quest guy, it'd be more fair, but even he can be a pain.

#293 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:16 AM

Queen's whip or the guitar should be the 2 slot version from the seal.

Slot system is cute and all but when you take a useless weapon and make it sub-par at 10% success it's just retarded.

Edited by Jaye, 18 May 2011 - 09:16 AM.

#294 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:51 AM

The journal entries for the seal quests are either non-existent for most of the seals or are really buggy.

Can we do something about the item rough ore requirements for seal 4 or make some way to exchange some common loot for roughs? Was overjoyed that book of apocalypse was removed but then i got hardcover books. Any chance we could exchange 2 weapons from the seal 4 for another roll or choose from a list of lesser but possibly useful weapons? I'd be more inclined to use reset stones.

#295 MojoChinto

MojoChinto

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:52 AM

For the Sudri dwarf fighting part, I have gotten used to doing it. What I do on the first turn is attack any part, then counter. If the counter or the attack fail, then I cancel and start over. If they both succeed then he'll have just over 150 HP and I continue with attacks and blocks. Doesn't really matter which attack/block is chosen, it's just luck from there.

#296 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:41 AM

The dwarf fight is one of my favorite parts of the seal quests, since if you know how to play it right its fun and fairly quick. Its only slightly more unpredictable than Troy was all those years ago.

I usually spent more time collecting the r.ori/elu, but even then it only takes 30 mins or so in magma1 to collect, its not THAT bad. Takes about the same amount of time as collecting the seal 1 quest items.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users