Thursday May 12, Maintenance plans. - Page 11 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Thursday May 12, Maintenance plans.

• Please log in to reply
295 replies to this topic

#251 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:21 AM

I'm a veteran and I soloed all the levels. I got from 60-74 just killing the monsters (no exp boosters) and 74-79 turning in all the exp quests at once with an HE manual on :o

Trans levels*

#252 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:25 AM

Well, maybe not that dungeon in particular, but I mean, I was under the impression that it was the first in a series of dungeons intended to cater to "well-geared players who are looking for a challenge"
Though, if that was their intent, making the first implementation this one was kind of a poor idea, since no one who has been playing for any measurable amount of time has any chars in that range unless they've recently trans'd something.

#253 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:27 AM

When they first announced it, I was bummed out because I didn't have anything in that range.

So, I made something new to test it out. I'm pretty pleased with this dungeon and I hope they continue down a similar path in the future, with some minor adjustments of course (i.e. a warper: so you can choose which level you want to hunt on, and also keeping a closer eye on the monster to map-size ratio).

Edited by Snewt, 13 May 2011 - 10:28 AM.

#254 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:16 AM

I leveled my lord knight in that dungeon after transing it and I liked the EXP up to the low 80s. It was decent. Powerful skills like clashing spiral go to waste on normal monsters due to their low HP-- so this dungeon made single target killing decent exp. They could have cranked the HP/exp up more though; cause I don't think these were really challenging enough to need a party of trans... 1 LK was enough.

#255 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:27 AM

Well, maybe not that dungeon in particular, but I mean, I was under the impression that it was the first in a series of dungeons intended to cater to "well-geared players who are looking for a challenge"

This is the impression I got as well. It and 0 exp monster turn in events were made to try and encourage partying. Seems everyone is soloing the water dungeon though.

I hope they continue down a similar path in the future, with some minor adjustments of course

That reminds me, when I logged out to take a potty break, I logged back in to find that I had been respawned. I hope that gets changed.

Edited by Akin, 13 May 2011 - 11:28 AM.

#256 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:11 PM

Can you add a "HD Ore Boxmaker" that turns Ores into transferable boxes again?

Even if it's 500k per box-making, this would be a real help for people who over-buy HD ori and HD elu.
people won't be force to upgrade more and more and buy more and more, adding an unethical "vicious circle of upgrading" to the game.

That would be a good idea. It would actually make me more inclined to upgrade as i could buy many ores with the option of transferring excess to another account or selling should i get lucky instead of fearing being left with lots of excess on an account.

On ymir there is a bug with mighty hammer in payon. The ores he says you have left do not match what you actually have and he decided i had no ores left and closed the window on me when i got degraded from my +8 kvm weapon to +6 (when in fact i still had over 100). Submitted a ticket but just a warning to others.

#257 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:22 PM

Sooo, I thought you could get that red pirate hat as a reward for completing the VIP dungeon. Kinda lame that it's only a kafra shop item. Oh well.

#258 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:46 PM

We made a small party with Ninja, Knight and Stalker. I found the new dungeon and quests very refreshing. Yes Lord Knight can solo the dungeon but that is because the lower floors aren't mobby enough. It took me and my party ~2 hours do find and do the monsters for the 3rd floor (Marse and Obeaune) and the 4th floor (Marc and Phen). If you increase the Spawn rate of the targeted monsters and maybe increase the number we need to hunt a bit, it'll make parties even more worth while. Increasing the damage from non spell casters (Merman and Deviace) on the last floor isn't a bad idea either. This way almost no class can solo it short of spamming flywings and 1 shotting what you can. But you can easily prevent this by disabling some skills.

To support big parties, a larger amount of monsters are required especially in the lower level dungeons. We had to walk around the 3rd floor so much to find the monsters we need. It is just too sparse. The first 2 levels we were constantly on the offensive but this changes drastically in the lower levels. If don't want the people to leave this place too early then you can just increase the number of monsters we need to hunt.

I know you meant this place to be fore new people only but even new people will need to trans. Making the last level harder so that it requires trans characters with some gear isn't bad. The card of our choice from the dungeon will be worth it. There are so many cards that will help us, from Sword fish to reduce Water ball damage, to Phen which helps casters tremendously! If you don't make the last floor more difficult, rich people can just make an LK to easily solo and leech friends. Strouf's magic are strong enough but Mermen and Deviace don't hit hard enough especially since there aren't that many of them. You don't have to go as far as making them kill a new Knight in 2 hits. But make it a hard enough to require more team work.

CS really breaks the LK class as they have the power to 1shot everything and have the hp and potting power to survive this dungeon reguarless of what you do to it. I'd like it if this skill is disabled in this dungeon as this place is meant for partying not soloing. The LK's tanking abilities and Bowling Bash are major contributions even without the broken CS at this level range. With Perma endure in their hands they will be able to lure mobs with ease. You also might want to consider disabling Hunter traps as they too have the ability to 1shot these monsters. DS and arrow Shower is enough for Hunters to be useful in a party here. But I haven't brought a hunter in yet and if you increase the Spawns placing traps will be quite difficult so I am not 100% convinced that Traps require changing. Unlike LK's, a pure Trapper will have no vit and die easily.

The population on ygg isn't big enough for me to have a complete party feel at this time for the dungeon but I had fun with what I was able to do!

Edited by Clogon, 13 May 2011 - 12:48 PM.

#259 Shinjin6

Shinjin6

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:58 PM

A chance to collect more slot ads? Or what would we be collecting?

#260 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:06 PM

We made a small party with Ninja, Knight and Stalker. I found the new dungeon and quests very refreshing. Yes Lord Knight can solo the dungeon but that is because the lower floors aren't mobby enough. It took me and my party ~2 hours do find and do the monsters for the 3rd floor (Marse and Obeaune) and the 4th floor (Marc and Phen). If you increase the Spawn rate of the targeted monsters and maybe increase the number we need to hunt a bit, it'll make parties even more worth while. Increasing the damage from non spell casters (Merman and Deviace) on the last floor isn't a bad idea either. This way almost no class can solo it short of spamming flywings and 1 shotting what you can. But you can easily prevent this by disabling some skills.

To support big parties, a larger amount of monsters are required especially in the lower level dungeons. We had to walk around the 3rd floor so much to find the monsters we need. It is just too sparse. The first 2 levels we were constantly on the offensive but this changes drastically in the lower levels. If don't want the people to leave this place too early then you can just increase the number of monsters we need to hunt.

I know you meant this place to be fore new people only but even new people will need to trans. Making the last level harder so that it requires trans characters with some gear isn't bad. The card of our choice from the dungeon will be worth it. There are so many cards that will help us, from Sword fish to reduce Water ball damage, to Phen which helps casters tremendously! If you don't make the last floor more difficult, rich people can just make an LK to easily solo and leech friends. Strouf's magic are strong enough but Mermen and Deviace don't hit hard enough especially since there aren't that many of them. You don't have to go as far as making them kill a new Knight in 2 hits. But make it a hard enough to require more team work.

Yes, yes! To Clogon you listen. The cave! Remember your failure at the cave!

#261 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:00 PM

My quest log entry for the god items quest is permanently stuck on the part where you must search for "crusader 3rd_company 3rd_platoon 1st_squad record" in Prontera Library.

#262 weaseI

weaseI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 05:12 PM

GM, can you guys limit/remove vend in Eden's?

#263 FatalityX

FatalityX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 01:32 AM

Will Boxter Grandma NPC be brougt back for trade ins of May Lucky Box Items?

#264 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 03:04 AM

already been stated she'll come back for popcorn & piggy hats, other stuff is a strong possibility.

As for the prem dungeons, my understanding is it should be geared towards "vets" or at least ppl who dumped a bundle on kafra items and got themselves geared to start with. Real newbies should probably be visiting the regular dungeon.

#265 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:58 AM

Didn't you say we'd have a box event every 3 months? Easter was barely a month ago, in case you forgot.

#266 Shinjin6

Shinjin6

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 01:19 PM

Yeah, and furthermore, the Easter one lasted three weeks... So there's really only a one week break in killing prices. Why so soon? :o

#267 Pelendran

Pelendran

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 02:53 PM

I just hope the boxter takes the dang zodiac headgears. I have WAY too many crowns.

Also, hope she takes Augurs too as I have no use for them on Ygg.

#268 FatalityX

FatalityX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:26 PM

I just hope the boxter takes the dang zodiac headgears. I have WAY too many crowns.

Also, hope she takes Augurs too as I have no use for them on Ygg.

I agree lol, ive got so many useless stuff from these boxes =p. I would like glasses please =].

#269 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:43 AM

Yeah, and furthermore, the Easter one lasted three weeks... So there's really only a one week break in killing prices. Why so soon? :D

Payday! :-p

#270 firzen

firzen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:00 AM

The gym pass boxes being tradable, is this permanant?

#271 meaning42

meaning42

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • LocationThe coldest depths of Sweden
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:01 PM

When you go to claim your reward after 4th Seal quest, Seal of Mjolnir, Talir has the wrong dialog, he asks for 50 Rough elunium and 50 Rough Oridecon, also he still have the option to choose if you want an item for yourself or an item for a friend, I chose the Item for myself, and I got a Brisonac, so, it's still random and updated but the diolog is faulty.

This is on Valkyrie server.

#272 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 15 May 2011 - 01:12 PM

Didn't you say we'd have a box event every 3 months? Easter was barely a month ago, in case you forgot.

Easter was Eggs, not Boxes. Just sayin'.

#273 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:44 PM

We are going to try a different route on the boxes, instead of making them so "big" we are going to try ones that are a bit smaller in scale but more often. Mostly we want them to not cause such huge sales spikes as they tend to do on the even months we do them. I don't expect them to sell as huge as the bi monthly ones but overall we can introduce more items, and make them feel more fresh to you.

#274 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:44 PM

The gym pass boxes being tradable, is this permanant?

Affirmative, trade em to an alt or a friend!

#275 Nilami

Nilami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:45 PM

When you go to claim your reward after 4th Seal quest, Seal of Mjolnir, Talir has the wrong dialog, he asks for 50 Rough elunium and 50 Rough Oridecon, also he still have the option to choose if you want an item for yourself or an item for a friend, I chose the Item for myself, and I got a Brisonac, so, it's still random and updated but the diolog is faulty.

This is on Valkyrie server.

Same on the Ymir server. NPC still gives you the option of choosing "yourself, or a friend" which we all know is no longer true because it is completely random.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users