Thursday May 12, Maintenance plans. - Page 2 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Thursday May 12, Maintenance plans.

• Please log in to reply
295 replies to this topic

#26 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:14 AM

GH definitely. And a way to get from Rachel that does not consist of the Airship maybe.

I think the Juno Kafra already has warp to Rachel. Plus the Warp Aco in Juno has had Rachel warp for a very long time.

#27 espeon

espeon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:48 AM

Is there a place that provides a VIP warp to Glast Heim? If not, might be an opportune time to add it into the list. Perhaps add it into the Geffen Kafra's teleport list.

Vote for Cool Event Corp while current provider is Kafra.

#28 Katreyn

Katreyn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:33 AM

I think the Juno Kafra already has warp to Rachel. Plus the Warp Aco in Juno has had Rachel warp for a very long time.

I meant warp back from Rachel (ie. Rachel to Juno/Prontera), unless I'm missing it. :/

Just inconsistent to have all these warps to bypass airship except for that place. Guessing Lighthalzen doesn't have a warp back either, though I never stay in that town long.

Vote for Cool Event Corp while current provider is Kafra.

But Kafra gives Magma 2 :x lol.

Edited by Katreyn, 10 May 2011 - 10:39 AM.

#29 olbaid

olbaid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:40 AM

Would it be easier to place a NPC/Kafra inside Eden that only warps to Prontera?

#30 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:47 AM

haha yeah theres always tons of people asking for pron warp in there.

#31 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:12 AM

I meant warp back from Rachel (ie. Rachel to Juno/Prontera), unless I'm missing it. :/

Oh, sorry I misread. Yeah that doesn't exist.

It's too bad the Airship turned out to be such a flop.

#32 Nilami

Nilami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 10 May 2011 - 05:04 PM

Oh, sorry I misread. Yeah that doesn't exist.

It's too bad the Airship turned out to be such a flop.

Change the amount of wait time between each city! Or something...

Thanks for the notes Heim. Still not that interested in the Overlook Dungeon, but if the quests/rewards were available to higher levels as well, it might grab my attention more. All it's encouraging right now is secondary character creation, rather than boosting new players.

#33 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 05:46 PM

Ok updating a bit more,

Will check on the Kafra warps in the Veins / Rachel area to be sure there is a valid warp path back.

As for the Overlook dungeon We are going to raise the monsters "hit" but not their damage done, I know for players that have twinked gear from years of playing this won't make these monsters a big challenge, but that particular dungeon is more for getting players up to the lvl 70 or so. It would be very easy to oops and make them too hard at that particular level range. From the outside there will be a warp to the floors you have conquered already (based on which floors quests you have finished).

Looked at the Magestic Goat making quest (sealed shrine Bapho) and I from the 2 characters I looked at it appears the error is they spoke to the priest to go in the dungeon again, instead of going to make the Huge Horns. Everytime you make a new dungeon to go into your variables stating you "did it" get erased, and thuse your eligibility to make the horns. Advice is to kill the bapho, and immediately take your dolls and horns and go make your big horns and starting Pimpin around Prontera.

Dungeon Tele scrolls should be stackable after Maint.

#34 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 10 May 2011 - 06:36 PM

But Kafra gives Magma 2 :x lol.

Not anymore... There are no warp to Magma2 at least on Ygg...

#35 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 06:51 PM

For the sealed shrine thing if anyone needs help on ymir and either
A) Contacts me and joins me on a run(we'd have to set up a time) and can make it from the start to the end WITHOUT BABYSITTING you can jump in on my run, I do 1, sometimes 2 a day takes about 10 minutes.
B) Knows how to do the quest and just wants me to off bapho for them, I can do that too.

Free of charge, just don't steal my drops fffffffffffffff

Edited by Viri, 10 May 2011 - 06:52 PM.

#36 Katreyn

Katreyn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 10 May 2011 - 06:58 PM

Dunno, its there on Ymir: Lava Dungeon 2.

And the Kafra dungeon chicks offer all the other dungeon warps? Weird.

#37 olbaid

olbaid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:26 PM

Each of their warpers lose the final option when voted in twice in a row. I think this is to encourage people to vote for the other side since one side would only have two warp options for lower level dungeons. But maybe people on Ygg love Toy Factory and Bathories.

#38 BIade

BIade

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:32 PM

im just wondering when will be the next repeatable quest event?

#39 chasko

chasko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:41 PM

Just throwing it out there...

Would it be possible to have more than 1 Eden Group NPC in Prontera? A lot of people including my alts save at South Prontera to conveniently access Eden HQ, but it's annoying how there's always spammers and shops littered around the spawn point. It lags and is hard to click on the Eden NPC sometimes. So, just suggesting if we could get an Eden at North, East, and West Kafra/Spawn points as well. I know it's not just placing an NPC there, since you will have to make the portal remember from which NPC you went in from. But it shouldn't be too hard, either, right? :)

#40 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:08 PM

same can be said for the battlegrounds NPC, since its in the same screen. moving them up to the "east" street opposite the aco warper or something might be a good idea since vendors dont seem to use that street much at all. Either that or put them both up by the fountain (although valk has vendors there iirc).

#41 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:32 PM

Yea put gears or work on resistance to howl, deep sleep and cryztalization, tried every kind of stat resets and failed. /swt

#42 Chris

Chris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:28 AM

Something I noticed a week or so ago was that if u enter Eden from LH you cannot return to LH using the portal inside Eden (you can walk on it but not get warped).
Might want to look into that.

#43 iCare

iCare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1062 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:29 AM

My guildies cant make Giant Bapho Horns by doing what uve said Heim. We killed it, they went to the Making NPC still nothing..
Its renewal.. Can we just put the BROKEN making npc back? I mean the one u just need to talk to for it to make one. Poor guildies its been 3 weeks. :)

#44 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:38 AM

As for the Overlook dungeon We are going to raise the monsters "hit" but not their damage done, I know for players that have twinked gear from years of playing this won't make these monsters a big challenge, but that particular dungeon is more for getting players up to the lvl 70 or so.

What other types of players does iRO have? There are very few rookies in this community, so making a VIP only dungeon that provides no challenge to the majority of your players seems like a sadly missed opportunity. The place was empty when I was there, so I'm worried you'll receive little to no feedback, and you'll end up scrapping it as a bad idea before you get a chance to see its real potential.

I thought the point of these dungeons was to provide real reward for real challenge, or am I wrong? This is something that everyone can agree that Renewal lacks terribly. I didn't see that when I was there. What's even worse for me is that I'd have to make a new character just to experience these quests you're planning. I already did that last week to experience the dungeon and I don't know that it was enjoyable enough to do again. Giving a good quest reward shouldn't be the reason for people to go there, the dungeon should be rewarding in its own right. Just look at ET, people don't go there for the swords, and most people don't go expecting to get MVP cards, they go for the challenge of completing the dungeon.

#45 olbaid

olbaid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:15 AM

Maybe the low population is because many players don't even know about the new dungeon. Lower level characters seem to be congregating in Eden doing the signpost quests. Spend some time in there and you'll start to realize that most players do not read forums, wiki or even patch notes. Unless I missed it, there is nothing in game that suggests there is a new dungeon for lower levels to try out.

#46 mixmatch

mixmatch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:07 AM

The water dungeon is a test to get the system down where it doesn't flood the servers with 150s in the process. Once they get it down, they will make new ones for higher levels obviously.

#47 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:16 AM

Fix the ymir seal quest too. The signpost has been inaccurate and tends to be one announcement ahead of the actual status. Also many ppl are getting stalled by the 2nd npc for seal 4 as she does not let them advance.

Edited by Anko, 11 May 2011 - 01:53 PM.

#48 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:55 AM

Maybe the low population is because many players don't even know about the new dungeon. Lower level characters seem to be congregating in Eden doing the signpost quests. Spend some time in there and you'll start to realize that most players do not read forums, wiki or even patch notes. Unless I missed it, there is nothing in game that suggests there is a new dungeon for lower levels to try out.

You're right, Eden is a very good resource for lower level characters. They should think about placing a NPC in Eden that recruits people to try out the new dungeon. However, I would still argue that the reason why the place is empty, is simply because most people already have 1, 2 or 3 accounts full of high level characters that have no ability to go there (at least on Ymir, but I haven't seen anyone from Valk or Ygg give feedback).

The water dungeon is a test to get the system down where it doesn't flood the servers with 150s in the process. Once they get it down, they will make new ones for higher levels obviously.

I never said anything about flooding the server with 150s (though iRO staff have done nothing but show that they want to flood the server with high level characters for the past 2 years or so, but that's neither here nor there), and I'm definitely not complaining about not having a high level VIP dungeon, I'm talking only about making the dungeon a real challenge which is what they said they were trying to do. They're never going to "get it down" if no one participates because it's no fun.

#49 MojoChinto

MojoChinto

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:03 AM

Please fix the Flavius bug where the Croix team gets sent to the sky on losing/death.

#50 brothersfree

brothersfree

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 482 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:09 AM

not a big issue, but isnt seal suppose to be 50/100 on ygg. Atm, its at 25/50. Might wanna check the settings on that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users