Thursday May 12, Maintenance plans. - Page 3 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Thursday May 12, Maintenance plans.

• Please log in to reply
295 replies to this topic

#51 Smiggies

Smiggies

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:39 AM

Maybe the low population is because many players don't even know about the new dungeon. Lower level characters seem to be congregating in Eden doing the signpost quests. Spend some time in there and you'll start to realize that most players do not read forums, wiki or even patch notes. Unless I missed it, there is nothing in game that suggests there is a new dungeon for lower levels to try out.

The blackboard above the signposts in Eden is the "Current Events Board." If you click on it, it will tell you about current events. Right now it lists the mother's day quest, Overlook water dungeon, and the drop penalty holiday.

It's a little nondescript. I didn't even know it was there until I just checked. I went in to go check things out because I was thinking they could update that texture regularly so that the board actually listed current events, but I think that might be too complicated. Maybe instead they could have the blackboard say something like "CURRENT EVENTS BOARD" or "CLICK FOR CURRENT EVENTS" rather than just showing a random diagram and some unreadable text.

Edited by Smiggies, 11 May 2011 - 10:40 AM.

#52 Kiehl

Kiehl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:59 AM

Kafra Gals and Kafra Refine NPCs will all be found on Floor 2 of Eden Group and Payon. (All prontera/Juno Kafras except Dye shop will removed)

Can you please clarify what exactly is going to be removed?
I assume you are talking about the Kafra Shop / Refiner NPCs in Prontera and Juno and not the regular the regular Kafra Gals (Save, Storage, Warp, ...) as it sounds like, right?

#53 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:13 PM

Can you please clarify what exactly is going to be removed?
I assume you are talking about the Kafra Shop / Refiner NPCs in Prontera and Juno and not the regular the regular Kafra Gals (Save, Storage, Warp, ...) as it sounds like, right?

Yes, that's it. :j

#54 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:16 PM

uncard carded elvens with slot ads please

#55 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:05 PM

Not something super urgent, but could you set the zoom inside eden group room a bit farer, and also remove the ability to vend inside?

The room was designed for the small traffic of newbies in eden group, but with permanent buffer and more centralized services being added, the small room is constantly crowded...

#56 TheFury

TheFury

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:03 PM

i have been sitting at sealed shrine all day hopeing a party would come i could join to redo the quest as it is buged for me no one has done i today D= this is harder then the doll and the Magestic Goat

#57 huad

huad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 697 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:03 PM

Giant Bapho Horns Quest still doesn't work for me o_o. I didn't actually kill Bapho myself, but was in a party that did. I warped out by talking to the NPC immediately after Bapho died, went straight to Rust with the materials, and still no horns. Rust says "Patrick must have sent you to deal with the doll" and tells me the materials he needs to make the horns, yet he still refuses to make them for me.

#58 TheFury

TheFury

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:13 PM

wooooo viris gonna drag me with =D in like a hour

Edited by TheFury, 11 May 2011 - 05:23 PM.

#59 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:52 PM

Still broken, i just took him through the whole quest.

#60 TheFury

TheFury

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:09 PM

great i did it again and guess what it still dont work i did it on my sura this time used a nice pile of supplies

i sent in a ticket the first time added more screen shots the second time i really hope the gm team helps me out here

Edited by TheFury, 11 May 2011 - 07:11 PM.

#61 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:44 PM

Kafra Gals and Kafra Refine NPCs will all be found on Floor 2 of Eden Group and Payon. (All prontera/Juno Kafras except Dye shop will removed)

Umm whats the point of this? be better if the kafra's were on the first floor in the eden place. I don't see why you can't leabe the pront and Juno kafra's alone.

Also any plans to edit the partying system? because as it currently is the experence is abyssmal even in a 2 person party, it doesn't speed up leveling it just slows it down. Any plans to fix this? Someone suggested maybe having it start at 80 or 90% for 2 people then drop by 5% per.

#62 MojoChinto

MojoChinto

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:28 PM

When is the resetter (Mesmerist) NPC going to removed? Is it going to be during this update?
IIRC it was supposed to be gone May 5th, but it's been extended I'm assuming.

#63 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:41 PM

I did my final reset last week, since thats when they said it would be removed. who knows then.

#64 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:44 AM

Giant Bapho Horns Quest still doesn't work for me o_o. I didn't actually kill Bapho myself, but was in a party that did. I warped out by talking to the NPC immediately after Bapho died, went straight to Rust with the materials, and still no horns. Rust says "Patrick must have sent you to deal with the doll" and tells me the materials he needs to make the horns, yet he still refuses to make them for me.

Are you talking to him with a slotted Majestic Goat or an unslotted one?

#65 huad

huad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 697 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:56 AM

Are you talking to him with a slotted Majestic Goat or an unslotted one?

unslotted

#66 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:28 AM

I did the Sealed Shrine quest also. Great Bapho died and the NPC appeared. Talked to it, and got warped in front of the Friar in the monastery. Got like 3 lock-out quests from it: The Curse of Bapho, Sealed Shrine, and something else most of them mentioning a 12 hour cool down. Talked to the Friar after I left dungeon--a mistake?--and he said something about not having the face of an adventured that faced great demon Bapho. I went to try the blacksmith anyway, who says gather up the list of goods for the hat... With all items he requests, nothing changes. I have screen shots also of various phases if they are needed...

#67 huad

huad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 697 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:47 AM

great i did it again and guess what it still dont work i did it on my sura this time used a nice pile of supplies

i sent in a ticket the first time added more screen shots the second time i really hope the gm team helps me out here

I did the Sealed Shrine quest also. Great Bapho died and the NPC appeared. Talked to it, and got warped in front of the Friar in the monastery. Got like 3 lock-out quests from it: The Curse of Bapho, Sealed Shrine, and something else most of them mentioning a 12 hour cool down. Talked to the Friar after I left dungeon--a mistake?--and he said something about not having the face of an adventured that faced great demon Bapho. I went to try the blacksmith anyway, who says gather up the list of goods for the hat... With all items he requests, nothing changes. I have screen shots also of various phases if they are needed...

So far, 3 people still having problems. It's probably many more people, since not everyone posts on forums.

For what it's worth, I remember when I first attempted to make Horns (about 1-2 weeks ago) after being in a party that defeated Bapho, Rust completely blew me off and didn't even mention the fact that he makes Giant Bapho Horns nor the materials needed to make them.

After the quest was "fixed," I was in a party that killed Bapho again, and this time, he opened up and said all the stuff I posted earlier (my post above), but still wouldn't make them. It's like he acknowledges that I defeated Bapho, but refuses to make them for me. What a tease.

#68 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 06:07 AM

Here is my current worksheet for what we are working on.

There will be some Kafra shop updates with new items!

+20 stat foods??

#69 TheFury

TheFury

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:33 AM

you know how it works if its not broke fix it till it is.
no response to ticket.
not gonna get one.
they will say they fixed it again.
i will waist another day finding a party and, it wont work.

#70 Kirameki

Kirameki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:38 AM

Lex scrolls in kafra shop plx, kthxbai

#71 KmXSrd

KmXSrd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationBristol, England
  • Server:iRO Valkyrie

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:07 AM

you know how it works if its not broke fix it till it is.
no response to ticket.
not gonna get one.
they will say they fixed it again.
i will waist another day finding a party and, it wont work.

This ^ It's getting beyond a :) joke, just put it back to the way it was before, a bunch of people already made it without even doing the quest so it's just retarded to make everyone do it now anyway.

#72 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:11 AM

It's dumb because I ran him through the quest too, if anyone else wants to try! Tonight or something. I'll run people through it D: I do it lots anyway.

#73 KmXSrd

KmXSrd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationBristol, England
  • Server:iRO Valkyrie

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:24 AM

Damn I'd love to go, you're probably on Ymir though lol

#74 Haze

Haze

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationBear Country
  • Server:Classic

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:43 AM

Im not sure if this is the place to put this...
but VIP accounts should be able to warp back to prontera from Racheal and Veins. This is more of an annoyance of having to take the airship as a VIP.

Uhh... You can use the cool event staff dude back to rachel. Then warp to juno, and then pront. No more Airship!

#75 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:41 AM

Putting Kafra Shop npcs in Eden makes a lot of sense. Now they can be easily gotten to from most towns.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users