I miss the days of Pre-Renewal~ - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 7 votes

I miss the days of Pre-Renewal~

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#26 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:59 PM

When I used it, it fired arrows and did damage to the monster, is there something else you want it to do? If it is a cast time issue, then state that, and be specific on what is more appropriate for it.

Wow.
It's all out there.
Not just have people complained about the obvious issues in general discussion since renewal, they also repeated it everytime in threads like Oda's kro balance thread, or any other feedback thread that was made.
You gave us a subforum, specifically for feedback on renewal, everything was mentioned many times in their corresponding threads, over and over until it became obvious no staff member even checked that place for half a year.
Why are you doing this?

For example:
Wut is wrong with AV?
If you checked the casttime thread in renewal subforum ON NOVEMBER 4TH
you would have seen this: http://forums.warppo...post__p__177946

Stop playing jokes with us <_<

#27 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:05 AM

I like renewal but I don't like the game's sucky economy now... Almost every ppl I know say "DUDE, I'M BROKE". . . /sigh

#28 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Server:Private Server

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:48 AM

dude im broke =(

#29 Emichio

Emichio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 751 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:57 AM

HUGE ABC

Yea sure, ragnarök was perfect.

#30 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:34 AM

#DUDE, IM BROKE

#31 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:47 AM

Yea sure, ragnarök was perfect.

Don't think it's ever been perfect, but it was easier to get into WoE, which is one of the most fun parts of RO. Now you need to get like what 230, 240 levels to even consider doing WoE seriously? I still don't have a third class character because I don't have all the time or money in the world to spend on RO like some people seem to have, and not being able to even participate in WoE on a trans character without dying to everything in 1 shot makes me rather sad and unmotivated to play, especially when looking at the insane exp requirements and the low as hell exp given out by monsters. At least before renewal I could play in siege quite happily on a mid 80s trans character, or even a non-trans characters if they were the right class.

#32 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:49 AM

Eh mostly miss my linker

If the game would assume that a 99 linker had the level equivalent of a 150 it would be perfect.

Edited by Scuba, 18 May 2011 - 05:51 AM.

#33 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:53 AM

Don't worry, we will get 3rd class linkers...eventually.

#34 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:58 AM

Don't worry, we will get 3rd class linkers...eventually.

Probably in time for 4th classes to come in that go to level 250. /ok

#35 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Server:Private Server

Posted 18 May 2011 - 06:02 AM

linker are still ok in woe, its actually still usefull, just need more survivalbility

Edited by Unifan, 18 May 2011 - 06:02 AM.

#36 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:13 AM

With increase HP pots and that sura buff I get warlock-like HP, with kaupe its enough to live with. Its just the statuses that I should be immune to that is the problem.

#37 LemnzestManatee

LemnzestManatee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 455 posts
  • Server:RO2 Odin ch. 5

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:44 PM

You do realize that pre-renewal had a lot of things balanced that took years to get balanced. A lot of updates that we need are already on kRO. We are just waiting for them to get translated and ready for us. So don't worry, things will get balanced out.

#38 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:46 PM

Not really balanced, just with all the patches kro has (including todays, which was nice) every job will be OP instead of just some like it's now xDD
I hope they'll do one or 2 more (too also buff the maestro/wanderers, sorc spirits, give geneticists some casttimes, and maybe also adjust some old skills like getting rid of fixed cast on FAS and the like...)

Still no incentive to party or any challenging monsters though. :S

#39 Hacks

Hacks

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:24 PM

what heim is trying to say here is "arrow vulcan = working as intended" you guys need to learn to speak gee-emese.

#40 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:43 PM

what heim is trying to say here is "arrow vulcan = working as intended" you guys need to learn to speak gee-emese.

We shouldn't have to look for hidden meanings >.>

#41 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:09 AM

~_~ Im also almost broke~ there is way too much cheap stuff in the market that u just cant resist to buy them all... <_< ( which im now regretting~)

Edited by Dukeares, 19 May 2011 - 11:10 AM.

#42 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:28 AM

lol yea. And no one is there who has the money to buy the stuff everyone is trying to sell xDD

#43 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:39 AM

If you're smart in this market you can make money(lots of money) doing literally nothing related to actual RO. Just play the market lol

#44 Ularis

Ularis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • LocationUnder the shade of a Cherry Blossom
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:35 PM

I'm saving my skill points on Ministrel hoping there will be some fix for AV cast time.

Otherwise it is useless.
Please look into it and tweak our fave skill's cast time.

#45 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:48 PM

What is this underground fanclub of people caring about AV? It never had a history of being useful, and likely never will. The only time AV was viable was 1 shotting bio3 high wizards pre renewal (which TKM were better at killing anyways).

#46 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:50 PM

I miss Bashing people with AV,,,was hell of a Fun...

Now it just some silly long cast , like a wiz with 99 INT casting lv 10 bolt with 0 dex ( oh wait..Wiz can reduce their cast time by adding dex)

Edited by Dukeares, 19 May 2011 - 02:50 PM.

#47 Aishu

Aishu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • LocationPayon
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:04 PM

If you're smart in this market you can make money(lots of money) doing literally nothing related to actual RO. Just play the market lol

viri stop selling playspan codes =( <3<3

but nah making zeny is easy when the drop penalty is out, 500m a week playing... maybe 4-5 hours a day at most xD

#48 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:07 PM

What is this underground fanclub of people caring about AV? It never had a history of being useful, and likely never will. The only time AV was viable was 1 shotting bio3 high wizards pre renewal (which TKM were better at killing anyways).

AV was viable if you were a performer. I guess if you had better skills then you would use those skills then. It's not only a just AV club, but more like all archer class skills got nerfed by renewal cast time...

On another hand, I want an underground club of magnus exorcismus lovers. At least performers have a useful AoE once they change to third job and can forget about AV ._.

#49 Ularis

Ularis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • LocationUnder the shade of a Cherry Blossom
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:09 PM

Minstrels/Gypsies grinding skill pre-renewal.

Now we're all just DSing like a well dressed Archer.

What's our main weap again?
Instruments
Why the heck do we have to use a bow to grind?
Renewal's fixed cast time on AV...

Now...about Magnus....

Edited by Ularis, 19 May 2011 - 01:12 PM.

#50 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:14 PM

That's pretty disappointing Heim. There have been countless threads and posts about why Arrow Vulcan is unusable (Specific Renewal Feedback and elsewhere), It was also brought up in the last video chat - and you still don't know what the problem is? o.O It's the cast time. a)you can't get the skill off without a phen b)due to the time it takes to get the skill off (assuming you get it off), you might as well use a bow and double strafe (a first job archer skill) as the DPS is much higher the AV (a Trans skill). The skill is not alone with these problems. AV, FAS etc at 99 dex it needs to have no (or at least a very low) cast time. How many times must this be said?

I agree, this sub-forum has been completely abandoned by Heim. It seems like all it was was a place to let people gripe, without messing up the main community chat page. Skills like Arrow Vulcan, Focused Arrow Strike, Falcon Assault, Magnus Exorcismus, Energy Coat, Cart Cannon, Zen, Melody Strike/Sling Arrow and others have had their cast times discussed to death ever since RE hit.

Then again, Heim could be trolling because the Facebook page states that they'll be updating the AV cast time (along with some others) today. Heal is one of them LOL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users