We need a level cap increase - Page 5 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

We need a level cap increase

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#101 EriolN

EriolN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationLondon, Warsaw
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:41 PM

Just curious, is the accuracy formula still aim-evade = acc? How far up can you get a ninja's evade? IMO, the production system just promotes stat whoring as that 4 extra agi for being max agi now translates to 12 agi after the 3x amplification, which is akin to having another equip. However, with the amounts of agi now possible, it may just be something small. I don't really see how it's possible to obtain enough accuracy with this implementation, because outside of jdragonica, all accessories have an aim% that is half of the evade%. The increase in agi and evade% at a higher rate than the aim% would probably cause people to never hit full evade stackers.

In addition, I can't really see many people swapping over their equips. As it is right now, the game is already at a standstill where people just cannot kill each other. I don't see how giving people 1k+ hlt, aim, and evade will help the matter. With the way soulcraft options scale, there will always come a time where you will have to yet again obtain a new equip (unless the soulcraft option transfer scales according to item level). If it doesn't scale to level, I can already predict people stacking high level items and transferring them to lower level items for an insane stat boost.

Remember that there's still 30% hit window no matter how high evade is. Take also into account very high critical rate from agi, and very high amplified cdmg. Also movement speed amplified (43% on new bone shoes) and phys drop
Prod patch doesn't contain any formula/balancing changes as now, but New Origin does (its called heavy balancing even, and will be avaiable in few days in jdrag)
Sc options don't scale with transfer obviously, limit of transfer is 10 levels upward, but, there's no limit downward (I'm saying how it is in jdrag) imagine lower bsq with that...

No one saw this vid here? Clicky!

(this kind of phys drop is only possible in jdrag for now, because they have 17% max unamplified phys drop scraft on arms, and its 10 lev mana shield)

Or this one Clicky!
shows crate and cdmg better.

(1k agi, 100% crate from items (doubling base crate) and 350% cdmg)

Jap is capped at +16 enchant

Edited by EriolN, 02 June 2011 - 11:19 PM.

#102 xGohan

xGohan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:24 AM

Take also into account very high critical rate from agi, and very high amplified cdmg.

So it's been confirmed that Agility raises crit rate?

I remember back in Dekard (one of the previous two servers of THQ Dragonica) people would always argue whether or not it did.

#103 EriolN

EriolN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationLondon, Warsaw

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:37 AM

So it's been confirmed that Agility raises crit rate?

I remember back in Dekard (one of the previous two servers of THQ Dragonica) people would always argue whether or not it did.

It was known for a long time already from various personal tests that around 60-70 agi raises crate by 1%.
But it was finally confirmed and proven by player with access to leaked server files, and char with maxed stats (9999 str for example) that exactly 66.66 agi gives 1% crate. And str does not.

But people are entitled to their own opinion, it's up to you who you choose to believe.

Also it will be very clear to everyone when production patch kicks in.

Edited by EriolN, 03 June 2011 - 12:47 AM.

#104 xGohan

xGohan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 10:11 AM

It was known for a long time already from various personal tests that around 60-70 agi raises crate by 1%.
But it was finally confirmed and proven by player with access to leaked server files, and char with maxed stats (9999 str for example) that exactly 66.66 agi gives 1% crate. And str does not.

That 1% increase, is that a 1% + to base right? Not just 1% (or 5%) off of base like all the items out there. (66.66 agi increases base, correct?)

#105 DarkWyvern

DarkWyvern

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vvyern

Posted 03 June 2011 - 11:43 AM

In addition, I can't really see many people swapping over their equips. As it is right now, the game is already at a standstill where people just cannot kill each other. I don't see how giving people 1k+ hlt, aim, and evade will help the matter. With the way soulcraft options scale, there will always come a time where you will have to yet again obtain a new equip (unless the soulcraft option transfer scales according to item level). If it doesn't scale to level, I can already predict people stacking high level items and transferring them to lower level items for an insane stat boost.

This will come out stupid but I'll say it anyway;

They probably don't focus on damage increase because it would be absurdly easy pve wise if you can kill enemies in one hit. This is what I don't like how the pvp is here; the fact that they don't separate pvp from pve causes barriers that they must somewhat meet. Sure, more defense means less hp pot consumptions, but at what cost? Where it would literally take a 6 man party with powerful weapons (we're talking about higher than +15 weapons) to bring down one warmage or paladin. It's just madness.

And I do hope that status increases scale to level. It's just not fun when you know that new players will never stack up to the older players who have +5000 stats at lv 45 BQ.

#106 EriolN

EriolN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationLondon, Warsaw

Posted 03 June 2011 - 02:32 PM

That 1% increase, is that a 1% + to base right? Not just 1% (or 5%) off of base like all the items out there. (66.66 agi increases base, correct?)

Yes it adds 1 point to base, let's say you have 666 agi, a 10 point base, and 15% crate pet, this pet adds 1.5 crate to base then.
There are some imba items than can directly add to base (at gpot and iah at least) like tiger backpack (6 points), and candy gloves (5).

#107 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 05:06 PM

Sc options don't scale with transfer obviously, limit of transfer is 10 levels upward, but, there's no limit downward (I'm saying how it is in jdrag) imagine lower bsq with that...

Can you transfer the options multiple times and still randomize after transferring?

#108 EriolN

EriolN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationLondon, Warsaw

Posted 03 June 2011 - 05:33 PM

Can you transfer the options multiple times and still randomize after transferring?

Yes, haha I know what you are thinking about :waddle:

Just to clear it for others, injecting scraft erases what was on the item before.

#109 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:18 PM

I still don't see how giving players 1k+ health makes them any easier to kill than how it is currently. I don't think amplifying would work out well on our servers due to the low aim% on our accessories, effectively making every character able to stack enough evade for other players to always hit them at the minimum hit rate. The whole point of aim is to be able to hit evade stackers, and if we can't do that, there's no point in stacking aim. Imagine everyone getting hit only 30% and having 150k+ PvP HP, as well as easily above 6-7k defense.

#110 EriolN

EriolN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationLondon, Warsaw

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:33 PM

I still don't see how giving players 1k+ health makes them any easier to kill than how it is currently. I don't think amplifying would work out well on our servers due to the low aim% on our accessories, effectively making every character able to stack enough evade for other players to always hit them at the minimum hit rate. The whole point of aim is to be able to hit evade stackers, and if we can't do that, there's no point in stacking aim. Imagine everyone getting hit only 30% and having 150k+ PvP HP, as well as easily above 6-7k defense.

It doesn't work in jdrag either. I saw many players, and most of them gave up on aim.
I really can't imagine killing some of their oped players
(And the only solution for healthy pvp in this mess, seems to be disabling all players equips and pots now. lol)
I'm waiting for IAHs patch now, and gonna check how it works there. (But I doubt that anything will be changed )

Edited by EriolN, 03 June 2011 - 06:36 PM.

#111 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:41 PM

It doesn't work in jdrag either. I saw many players, and most of them gave up on aim.
I really can't imagine killing some of their oped players
(And the only solution for healthy pvp in this mess, seems to be disabling all players equips and pots now. lol)
I'm waiting for IAHs patch now, and gonna check how it works there. (But I doubt that anything will be changed )

I seriously hope they don't pull through with this until they thoroughly test out stacking on each character. It saddens me how the people on the administrative level have no in-depth knowledge of how the game works when trying to implement new features.

Edited by Yurai, 03 June 2011 - 06:41 PM.

#112 EriolN

EriolN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationLondon, Warsaw

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:47 PM

I seriously hope they don't pull through with this until they thoroughly test out stacking on each character. It saddens me how the people on the administrative level have no in-depth knowledge of how the game works when trying to implement new features.

My thoughts exactly. Which version does have test server anyway? I don't know any.
For me it looks like kdrag is the most experimented on, then it goes to japan and rest of the world.

Edited by EriolN, 03 June 2011 - 06:47 PM.

#113 sXcDennis

sXcDennis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 09:01 PM

My thoughts exactly. Which version does have test server anyway? I don't know any.
For me it looks like kdrag is the most experimented on, then it goes to japan and rest of the world.

The testing is done on the jdragoinca players :waddle:, sense they get content first...we get it somewhat last so we're the end results :waddle:. . . Who knows that might be true haha.

#114 igozuvi

igozuvi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 657 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Gurlz
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:08 AM

Actually, Gravity has had its instances where they take the current server's status into account in terms of implementing new features, so there really is no need for this fret and anxiety. At least not at this point.

#115 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 03:51 AM

JDragonica is a terrible server to test content on as their content differs greatly from ours mainly in their soulcraft options and their lack of any backpack items above level 1.

#116 EriolN

EriolN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationLondon, Warsaw

Posted 04 June 2011 - 05:32 AM

JDragonica is a terrible server to test content on as their content differs greatly from ours mainly in their soulcraft options and their lack of any backpack items above level 1.

What do you mean? They have backapcks now, farells, mutisha, mist, bone and avalanche/blizzard. Also very oped ones, saw 190% cdmg on them after amplification.

Final recipients of content shouldn't be tested or experimented on. Period, there should be separate test server like in any sane mmo.

Edited by EriolN, 04 June 2011 - 05:44 AM.

#117 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:55 AM

What do you mean? They have backapcks now, farells, mutisha, mist, bone and avalanche/blizzard. Also very oped ones, saw 190% cdmg on them after amplification.

Final recipients of content shouldn't be tested or experimented on. Period, there should be separate test server like in any sane mmo.

Oh, I wasn't aware that they received the same backpacks. I was referring to how it was previously. In any case, the soulcraft options on their items are extremely different from ours, and it still makes for a terrible experimental subject.

#118 EriolN

EriolN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationLondon, Warsaw

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:24 AM

Oh, I wasn't aware that they received the same backpacks. I was referring to how it was previously. In any case, the soulcraft options on their items are extremely different from ours, and it still makes for a terrible experimental subject.

Their stats aren't that different to begin with, just amplification makes the difference. Also default stats on items are the same.
You guys should stop treating jdrag as testing server because it's not, they are in the same position as rest of the world. It's just that they are receiving patches first after kdrag usually. Exception from this is New origin patch, but reason for pushing content so fast there might be that jdrag is desolated atm. And responsible for that is recent earthquake and tsunami (and maybe profession patch changes a little).

The real quick feedback and fastest changes are in kdrag (they had changes in skills twice in a month recently) which is also not a test server btw.

Edited by EriolN, 04 June 2011 - 10:25 AM.

#119 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:39 AM

Their stats aren't that different to begin with, just amplification makes the difference. Also default stats on items are the same.
You guys should stop treating jdrag as testing server because it's not, they are in the same position as rest of the world. It's just that they are receiving patches first after kdrag usually. Exception from this is New origin patch, but reason for pushing content so fast there might be that jdrag is desolated atm. And responsible for that is recent earthquake and tsunami (and maybe profession patch changes a little).

The real quick feedback and fastest changes are in kdrag (they had changes in skills twice in a month recently) which is also not a test server btw.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe KDrag gets anything first. From what I see they get things in a very very strange order. I also thought they got the Ice patch after JDrag did, and had only recently even had Aram added to their game.

JDrag is exactly the same game as this one, save for Production. They've had this all since last August and therefore have had time to deal with production and the ice content much, much longer than anyone else. Typically content goes like this, according to how I was informed:

JDrag -> IAH -> US/EU -> US/EU (KDrag seems to be a beast in itself. However I know that they got Verdurous Forest first which was added normally to JDrag and then through the chain)

#120 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 02:35 PM

Actually, I'm pretty sure soulcraft options are different They're able to get twice the amount of aim on accessories, higher cd on back items and weapons, as well as higher hlt/agi/int/str on accessories.

#121 EriolN

EriolN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationLondon, Warsaw

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:17 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe KDrag gets anything first. From what I see they get things in a very very strange order. I also thought they got the Ice patch after JDrag did, and had only recently even had Aram added to their game.

JDrag is exactly the same game as this one, save for Production. They've had this all since last August and therefore have had time to deal with production and the ice content much, much longer than anyone else. Typically content goes like this, according to how I was informed:

JDrag -> IAH -> US/EU -> US/EU (KDrag seems to be a beast in itself. However I know that they got Verdurous Forest first which was added normally to JDrag and then through the chain)

Order of received content patches varies. Recently especially. EU got two last patches earlier than IAH foe example.
I was thinking about in depth changes, like skills and formulas, balancing. Which was done in kdrag first from what I've seen.

Actually, I'm pretty sure soulcraft options are different They're able to get twice the amount of aim on accessories, higher cd on back items and weapons, as well as higher hlt/agi/int/str on accessories.

I've said myself in this thread already that their options are a bit higher, and aim to dodge ratio on jewellery is better. Hlt/agi... are pretty much the same and dodge on equips is same. But what makes it extreme is amplification (because 70% cdmg x3 =210% instead ours 50% x3 =150%)

But I have to agree, if jdrags feedback have any impact on other versions, it might not be good.

Edited by EriolN, 04 June 2011 - 07:21 PM.

#122 Faithx

Faithx

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:49 PM

I've said myself in this thread already that their options are a bit higher, and aim to dodge ratio on jewellery is better. Hlt/agi... are pretty much the same and dodge on equips is same. But what makes it extreme is amplification (because 70% cdmg x3 =210% instead ours 50% x3 =150%

=/ not really...that invoker got I'm guessing 13agi and 12hlt on a ring...(not amplified) That's a lot higher than what we can get here.

#123 EriolN

EriolN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationLondon, Warsaw

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:45 PM

=/ not really...that invoker got I'm guessing 13agi and 12hlt on a ring...(not amplified) That's a lot higher than what we can get here.

Well, yes, their stats on jewellery are oped, won't argue with that.

I'm wondering what they did that for? Like our hlt stackers aren't hard to kill already...

IAHs Prod. patch is just about to be announced, well see how it works out there.

Edited by EriolN, 04 June 2011 - 08:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users