Rogue/Stalker/Chaser Guide - Page 23 - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 11 votes

Rogue/Stalker/Chaser Guide

• Please log in to reply
673 replies to this topic

#551 Siliency

Siliency

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:07 AM

lol, on all seriousness i actually do want to make a triangle shot SC i sort of have an idea on the gear but the stats and skill tree(specially skill tree) keeps being confusing for me

do ppl even use full strip anymore?

I'm on the same boat but with a Full PvM Dagger (dunno anything about SC on renewal, can someone help me?

#552 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:14 PM

lol, on all seriousness i actually do want to make a triangle shot SC i sort of have an idea on the gear but the stats and skill tree(specially skill tree) keeps being confusing for me

do ppl even use full strip anymore?

is

40+6 STR

120+3 AGI

93+7 VIT

97+3 DEX

53+5 INT

1+5 LUK

ok for a PVM build ?

Just wondering why are you getting 120 agi for trishot SC? I would pour more into DEX and having some LUK (I think up to ~25 - this number is very inaccurate) is stat-optimal for increasing damage without using too much stat points.

#553 VidarWolf

VidarWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:49 AM

Just wondering why are you getting 120 agi for trishot SC? I would pour more into DEX and having some LUK (I think up to ~25 - this number is very inaccurate) is stat-optimal for increasing damage without using too much stat points.

tried increasing dex to 110 luk to 20 and and agi down to 110 and im doing just... 9 more damage

and with 110 dex 100 agi and 54 luk was doing even less damage, seems like the agi x 4.5% is better than just dex + luk thats why i didnt bothered with more Dex or Luk

#554 Yerioah

Yerioah

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:45 PM

Hello guys! If you are goind on the A.S.S. route when leveling, what are the must have items i must get? Thanks for the answers!

#555 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 August 2014 - 12:07 PM

Hello guys! If you are goind on the A.S.S. route when leveling, what are the must have items i must get? Thanks for the answers!

Some items you'll want to have:

1. Some kind of MATK dagger.  High upgrade Ancient Dagger if you're over 120, or Bazerald.  If you don't have much money, Keris Dagger isn't a bad alternative if you can manage to get it to +9.
  2. CD in Mouth while not 100% necessary is really useful to have, so I highly recommend it.
  3. Owl Baron / Duke card combo if you can afford it, or Wind Ghost or Gazeti Cards.  Any autocast gear is going to be benificial to you.  Once you get to 125+ switch to alchemy gloves.
  4. If you can't afford a Heroic Backpack or FAW, then at least get something like a slotted pantie and undershirt combo, or better yet, a dragon manteau and dragon vest and put some flee based cards in it.
  5. Get an isilla card.  The +30 flee you get when it procs is extremely helpful.

Those are some basic things that I can think of off the top of my head.  Shadow Spell build is not really a cheap build of Shadow Chaser, because in order to do any kind of really good damage and level, you need some rather elite gears.

#556 Apiong

Apiong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:12 AM

So i'm planning on creating a SC because it looks so good

dex int vit luk for stats 

caster mainly 

I would want to reach 100% cast reduction but i don't have access to rwc accessories 

Using +9 cod (20%) Sprint ring+orleans gloves&server (20%) FAW SP19 (30) Weap with 20% reduction, bazerald? 

Then there is 10% missing, i'm planning on using temporal dex boots with sp5 but i don't know what extra enchant would be better. 

Hawkeye? Runaway magic? 

#557 guieiki

guieiki

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 10:56 PM

Hello

what card i can use in +9 elemental sword?

SC auto cast

and what skill i can copy? i think in meteor storm and gemini luminem.

#558 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:14 AM

I have one big question for you: Why in bloody hell is your STR so crappy, on a Dagger build lol?

You know, you're not allowed to complain about DPS, when you're only getting putting 50-60 pointst into STR. Also just because Gank is the main skill, doesn't mean you're a useless attacker.

Another problem I have with your builds in general, is wht is up with all the VIT? It's a waste of points, Rogues/Stalker has a crappy HP mod, so VIT is pretty useless on them, the points you're spending on VIT, is never gonna amount to anything noticeable. Rogue route characters aren't Knights, please don't treat them as if they were.

Also Dagger Rogues are pretty fast levelers, I have to believe they are much faster then a Bow build in the long run, you just need the proper weapon equipped. Lets face it, there's a reason Bow builds aren't seen in places like Magma or chiv 2.

#559 ArchLouis

ArchLouis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:43 AM

I have one big question for you: Why in bloody hell is your STR so crappy, on a Dagger build lol?

You know, you're not allowed to complain about DPS, when you're only getting putting 50-60 pointst into STR. Also just because Gank is the main skill, doesn't mean you're a useless attacker.

Another problem I have with your builds in general, is wht is up with all the VIT? It's a waste of points, Rogues/Stalker has a crappy HP mod, so VIT is pretty useless on them, the points you're spending on VIT, is never gonna amount to anything noticeable. Rogue route characters aren't Knights, please don't treat them as if they were.

Also Dagger Rogues are pretty fast levelers, I have to believe they are much faster then a Bow build in the long run, you just need the proper weapon equipped. Lets face it, there's a reason Bow builds aren't seen in places like Magma or chiv 2.

is it possible for you to give a good stat build for a Dagger type Rogue?? need one thanks!

#560 Omnipheles

Omnipheles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:20 PM

Don't ask Zoltor, he has no clue what he's doing renewal-wise.

#561 SonicRain

SonicRain

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 19 January 2015 - 04:51 PM

Someone please inform me on the fastest way to train a shadow chaser, zeny is not an issue, im level 103 im just mainly interested in a very fast method, is arrow storm a viable fast method on SC's?

Edited by SonicRain, 19 January 2015 - 04:51 PM.

#562 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:46 PM

Before all the Expert Archer enchants available, you were looking at capping at 30k damage per AS with a perfect matching of element and % atk increase with a highly upgraded OAB + BSB combo and byorgue card...

But now, the FAW alone can give you something like 20% extra damage and you can get temporal Dex boots for another 10%+ so you can probably burst something like 30-40k with an endow or so... 

I haven't tested this at all so I'm mostly basing it on rough math, but basically I think you can solo level to 125 or so with AS.

The biggest issue is SP given that you are spending 98 sp per cast and if you don't have ideal top-tier gear then you may be looking at 2-casts to kill anyone (with an endow, mind you). 

At level 103-115 you can easily use AS to level, after that you may run into some problems... especially if fighting enemies that have differing elements. You can totally solo places like Nogg Road/Magma 2 quite easily tho. 

FAW can give you +5-6% from dex and another 3 EA enchants (20%), and temporal dex will give you another (5 from boots and 10 from EA 5)15% or so...

So I'm thinking something like 40% from those, 2% from robo eye, 10% from byorgue card... on top of a typical 18k-20k... so you should be looking at 27k-30k without an endow. 

This is all very rough and going off in-game numbers + %, not using the calculator proper and I don't know your full gear set.

Anyway, I would say that it's perfectly fine until level 120-125 at which point you may run into SP issues -- but if money is not an issue, then hey you got your answer.

Damn, if only OAB could be given malangdo enchants... or better yet, BXB was usable by stalkers. Bleh. 

The big issue is when you need 3+ casts to kill a mob that you have to face-tank. Two casts is somewhat... doable, as you can backslide away until the cool down is gone. But if you need to do it for 3 full waves then it becomes way risky. 

Edited by mikayel, 02 February 2015 - 12:49 PM.

#563 SonicRain

SonicRain

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:50 PM

Before all the Expert Archer enchants available, you were looking at capping at 30k damage per AS with a perfect matching of element and % atk increase with a highly upgraded OAB + BSB combo and byorgue card...

But now, the FAW alone can give you something like 20% extra damage and you can get temporal Dex boots for another 10%+ so you can probably burst something like 30-40k with an endow or so...

I haven't tested this at all so I'm mostly basing it on rough math, but basically I think you can solo level to 125 or so with AS.

The biggest issue is SP given that you are spending 98 sp per cast and if you don't have ideal top-tier gear then you may be looking at 2-casts to kill anyone (with an endow, mind you).

At level 103-115 you can easily use AS to level, after that you may run into some problems... especially if fighting enemies that have differing elements. You can totally solo places like Nogg Road/Magma 2 quite easily tho.

FAW can give you +5-6% from dex and another 3 EA enchants (20%), and temporal dex will give you another (5 from boots and 10 from EA 5)15% or so...

So I'm thinking something like 40% from those, 2% from robo eye, 10% from byorgue card... on top of a typical 18k-20k... so you should be looking at 27k-30k without an endow.

This is all very rough and going off in-game numbers + %, not using the calculator proper and I don't know your full gear set.

Anyway, I would say that it's perfectly fine until level 120-125 at which point you may run into SP issues -- but if money is not an issue, then hey you got your answer.

Damn, if only OAB could be given malangdo enchants... or better yet, BXB was usable by stalkers. Bleh.

The big issue is when you need 3+ casts to kill a mob that you have to face-tank. Two casts is somewhat... doable, as you can backslide away until the cool down is gone. But if you need to do it for 3 full waves then it becomes way risky.

Nice reply but what are we talking to keep my sp up? I think I tried +9vana and +9 rideword.. I cant get enough casts in to get one to activate to keep a continuous cycle of killing going, why would they work better on arrow storm rangers rather than arrow storm chaser.

and what of stats too. get what?

#564 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:03 PM

Well, a ranger gets 2x as many casts as a chaser does and trap research = bost of 220sp -- so they can have a bigger SP pool for low INT. It's not necessarily that it works at a higher rate/better but rather that you get more chances for it to proc. Say it procs at 5% and you get 13 casts of AS as a Chaser... then you get 26 casts of AS as a Ranger with less Int, effectively making that 5% happen at least once per 20 casts. You get the idea. 

When I was using +9 rideword + nidhoggur I'd say it would proc 4-5x per 'full' sp bar (my chaser is int based so I have more SP than the typical bow chaser). The other thing is that a ranger is pretty much guaranteed to one-shot everything, so not only are they using only 48 SP to cast but they wont' need a second cast to kill the mob. This also means that they can be riskier and get bigger mobs, effectively giving a higher proc rate for the drain.

Stats, mine's a hybrid ASS now -- I used to be a bow build but I reset when I hit a wall with Arrow Storm (this was 2 years ago so way before all the new buffs/gear) -- I'm all Agi, Int, and a bit of Dex and Luk -- at 121, my base stats are 40str, 100 agi, 40 vit, 98 int, 60 dex, and 20 luck. This is not a dedicated archer build -- for that I'd suggest more dex and luck and less agi and no str (get used to heavy lifter pack!). 

At level 102, I'd imagine something like...

Survivor/Self-reliant

Str 1

Agi 1

Vit 60

Int 60

Dex 105

Luck 40

Damage Burster/Item-reliant

Str 1

Agi 1

Vit 30

Int 30

Dex 120

Luck 40

Feel free to swap some points around, of course

Personally I"m not a _HUGE_ fan of going over 100 dex but I suppose you could make use of temporal dex boots if you got them to 120. I personally would rather have some STR for extra carrying capacity (and it adds status ATK, which isn't super great, but eh). This is totally a style choice tho -- if you're looking for damage, dex should be higher than VIT or INT and if you can afford to use strawberries or leech sp quickly, then you won't need as much INT. Nearly all of my characters are built with the idea of limited funds and self-sufficiency in mind. I don't like using sp items when leveling and like to find a system that is vaguely self-replenishing. So, feel free to ditch the INT or VIT and get more DEX early on -- or raise it as you go. Up to you. 

I got tired of being a crappy ranger so I switched to my hybrid so I could do a bit of everything.

I tried using Triangle Shot but it's such garbage I ended up ditching it. DS when spammed produces more DPS it seems (tho I never played around with Catapult).

I'm by no means a pro at this, btw, so if someone with more experience than me has an opposing view point then I'd suggest hearing both sides and seeing which matches your own. 

I stopped leveling my chaser because my guild gave me one to play in WoE, effectively making my chaser pointless to level -- so I just keep it to dick around every now and again and also because it was my first real character (nostalgia+++)

BTW: what are your current stats and what's your main weapon/armor loadout? 

Edited by mikayel, 02 February 2015 - 04:24 PM.

#565 SonicRain

SonicRain

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:42 PM

I posted my own thread asking help, you can see it here http://forums.warppo...should-i-train/

#566 RioCyrus97

RioCyrus97

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 509 posts
  • Server:Don't Bother

Posted 21 February 2015 - 08:28 AM

hey i want to ask, i'm making IB build SC so i had bought a twin red naught with +4. what should i put in my sword and is it good i'm using for lvling??

#567 1008862625

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Thor/kRO/bRO

Posted 11 June 2015 - 08:12 PM

A good levelling SKILL for BIo 1? thanks!

Edited by 1008862625, 11 June 2015 - 08:17 PM.

#568 Mikonkey

Mikonkey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 14 June 2015 - 04:14 AM

Hi guys

How do you max the level of you shadow chasers here in iRO?

What build? where to level? 
Thank you

#569 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 05:35 AM

Hi guys

Thank you

Normally, you'll be doing Turn Ins (TI) with Gramps in Eden. You can grind + using the Bounty Boards too.  Actually, since TI only cover up to level 150, players go to Lighthalzen and do the Bounty Boards of Biolabs (called Bio Parties in iRO lingo) for the remaining levels.

Basically, you could copy Arrow Storm (AS) and deal AoE damage (you'll need good gears and a DEX build for that), read previous posts, specially Miyakel's about some Bow Chaser experiences.

Other method is either copying Storm Gust (SG) via Intimidate or Jack Frost via Shadow Spell) for mob control in TI and Bio parties

There's also the option of pulling....but a party always gets a surplus of them.

There are other Boards, besides Lighthalzen....there's the boards at El Dicastes than have scarabas...and we also got Nightmare Clock tower (though it seems it needs a spawn increase from what I've read)...there's also some Eden quests to help you level too.

#570 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 14 June 2015 - 10:24 AM

Hi guys

Thank you

the fastest route (and i how i maxed mine) is to go arrow storm in TIs from 100 to 125, then switch to ignition break and solo in scaraba 2 until 145+. then you can reset to your endgame build, reproduce jack frost or storm gust for bio4 parties. good luck finding a party though, best bet is to join a guild that runs them frequently

alternatively you can go shadow spell, but it's quite a bit slower and more expensive

Edited by hotel, 14 June 2015 - 10:24 AM.

#571 1008862625

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Thor/kRO/bRO

Posted 14 June 2015 - 05:22 PM

I want to try solo levelling from 150 - 175. Any ideal place or levelling spots? and what to use skill? thanks!

#572 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 06:09 PM

i'm not too sure since i don't have much experience solo leveling at that point, but i'd imagine the best skill would still be ignition break. there's a pinned thread on leveling spots after 150, you could try out a few of those and see what works.

#573 DoDoes

DoDoes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 15 June 2015 - 07:53 AM

All the skill such as jack frost, SG, ignition break, etc copy at pvp? as someone to skill on us? sorry just got first char 3rd job SC.

#574 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:24 AM

yes, unless there's a monster with the skill, you need to get hit with it in pvp.

#575 DoDoes

DoDoes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:07 AM

As I build my SC into DPS AutoShadowSpell, How much agi should I put? 120 or 130?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users