Rogue/Stalker/Chaser Guide - Page 25 - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 11 votes

Rogue/Stalker/Chaser Guide

• Please log in to reply
673 replies to this topic

#601 Elenion

Elenion

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 August 2015 - 02:42 PM

if you're going to use a salamander card hbp is the better garment, although bear in mind this will depreciate its value.

so immune is a better investment

Also, with +9 HBP bonus and temp agi boots, how much agi SC need to reach max ASPD? (using dagger)

Edited by Elenion, 16 August 2015 - 02:46 PM.

#602 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 16 August 2015 - 03:02 PM

i don't know what the exact number is, you'd have to use a calculator or something. also will depend on how much you're willing to spend on aspd consumables

#603 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 04:27 PM

Assuming no other gear, you'd need 120 base agi and still not guaranteed to 193. 

You can use the calculator on iRO wiki to test things out: http://calc.irowiki.org/

I don't believe it has temp boots in the database, but you can simply sub in "19% equip aspd" in the extra options, and manually add +1 flat aspd at the end for the 120 agi boots, assuming you were to get attack delay 4 and upgrade them to +9. 

#604 Elenion

Elenion

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 05:15 PM

Assuming no other gear, you'd need 120 base agi and still not guaranteed to 193. 

You can use the calculator on iRO wiki to test things out: http://calc.irowiki.org/

I don't believe it has temp boots in the database, but you can simply sub in "19% equip aspd" in the extra options, and manually add +1 flat aspd at the end for the 120 agi boots, assuming you were to get attack delay 4 and upgrade them to +9. 

Yep, 120 agi build seems way too fragile so not even going to try lol

#605 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 05:18 PM

thing is though, once you get to 140+ you'll have enough stat points to get agi, int and vit to 100 with 70 or so dex. the only stat worth investing in past this point is agi, so every build should be aiming for 120 agi eventually

Edited by hotel, 16 August 2015 - 05:18 PM.

#606 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 09:10 PM

Pretty much. 193 ASPD increases your damage dramatically, mind you, because your real damage isn't from the magic damage per hit but rather the endless rain of magic attacks. At 193 aspd, you get 7+ attacks per second, which at 15% proc rate means every second you're doing another 'proc'. 

#607 Elenion

Elenion

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 05:45 PM

do double attack proc interferes with the auto spell proc?

#608 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:09 PM

yes, double attack will not trigger any autocasts.

#609 Elenion

Elenion

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:07 PM

yes, double attack will not trigger any autocasts.

so after transcend.. it's better not to lvl up double attack?

#610 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:30 PM

yes, although from personal experience it hasn't made too much of a difference.

#611 Elenion

Elenion

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 07:31 AM

yes, although from personal experience it hasn't made too much of a difference.

really? i mean lvl 10 double attack = 50% chance of not procing autocast from get-go assuming it overrides it.

Also, card for helm? Isilla Card?

Edited by Elenion, 18 August 2015 - 11:35 AM.

#612 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:14 PM

Depends on the helm and what you're raining down. If you're using an ordinary hat (the ASS themed one) then a red licthern card isn't a bad choice for extra fire matk. I wouldn't put an Isilla card into anything that's worth actual money tho. 

As always, you can job change at 42 with double attack and see how you like it. Then, with base level still 99 or less, reset your skills for free from the infinite reset. Even with double attack, at high ASPD, you'll be raining meteors/etc. down.

Keep in mind, many AOE spells like storm gust and LoV don't stack, so even if half the hits can't proc the spell, it won't make a difference. On the other hand, spells like bolts or Meteor Storm do stack. 

#613 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:53 PM

Yeah that's true, but like i said from my experience it doesnt take long to start raining bolts and meteors regardless of double attack that the difference wasnt particularly noticeable. If you have the option though not getting double attack would be better

#614 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 August 2015 - 01:12 PM

Hmmmm, does bapho splash damage effect procs gemini lumen at each monster? Or procs anything at all

#615 caiofm

caiofm

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 01:08 PM

Hi Guys, sry about my english.

Well, i have a Stalker 82/40 and have a few things to learn about Shadow Chaser.

I'm a Dagger Stalker with: 
Str 30
Agi 90
Vit 1 
Int 1
Dex 67
Luk 1

Should i copy RTB and kept it with Preserve or should i use a diferent skill like MS ou SG? 
And which is the best combo with Reproduce? What i saw is that Duple Light is a must. So, Duple Light + RTB?

TY!

Edit: The damage of an elemental Arrow is add to RTB or Duple Light with Daggers?

Edited by caiofm, 20 October 2015 - 01:13 PM.

#616 TKento

TKento

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 07:19 PM

so after transcend.. it's better not to lvl up double attack?

DA does trigger shadow spell !!

I have seen my friend tested this before

Edited by TKento, 08 December 2015 - 07:26 PM.

#617 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 07 March 2016 - 09:20 AM

Hi guys, I need your help. My Rogue is now Level 92 and I don't know which quest bounty board to take. My current build is ctrl-click dagger type:

Str: 50+

Dex: 60+

Agi: 95

Vit: 20

I only have +6 elemental Damascus that was donated by a generous player(Thanks bro!) from my server.

I'm currently doing the bounty board in Juno levels 61- 100 and it's becoming painstakingly slow.

Anytips on where to level?

FYI I've already avail'd the VIP and it doesn't have a big xp boost. I also don't have the zeny for BM's

Edited by Usurper, 07 March 2016 - 09:30 AM.

#618 LunaMoonBunny

LunaMoonBunny

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:02 AM

Anytips on where to level?

If you still have the free manuals that registering on eden gives you, stack juno bounty boards, prontera bounty boards, geffen bounty boards and eden board quests as much as you can, finish them, pop manual and deliver them all at once (edit: for Base only preferably).

The fastest way I found to do that is make small mobs and Sightless Mind them, with your high flee it will be quite easy to grind stuff like Sidewinders and Argiopes, since they will get stunned anyway.

Failing that, maybe serving as a puller on low TI. When the low TI is less awful than Gargoyles, you can also Sightless Mind there.

Edited by LunaMoonBunny, 08 March 2016 - 10:03 AM.

#619 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 08 March 2016 - 07:59 PM

If you still have the free manuals that registering on eden gives you, stack juno bounty boards, prontera bounty boards, geffen bounty boards and eden board quests as much as you can, finish them, pop manual and deliver them all at once (edit: for Base only preferably).
The fastest way I found to do that is make small mobs and Sightless Mind them, with your high flee it will be quite easy to grind stuff like Sidewinders and Argiopes, since they will get stunned anyway.

Failing that, maybe serving as a puller on low TI. When the low TI is less awful than Gargoyles, you can also Sightless Mind there.

Thanks Im doing that right now. I reset my skills to a bow rouge just to test if I can level up faster.

Unfotunately I've already used up all my BM's so I'll have to suck it in /heh

#620 flintJr69

flintJr69

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 03 July 2016 - 12:43 AM

Excuseme, is this thread still active ? 

I'm newbie at this Ragnarok. I wanna build Masquerade Shadow Chaser. I look at iRO, that tell me to use bow and play Bowling Bash ?
And here is my stats : 

- STR 10

- AGI 50 

- VIT 67

- INT 15

- DEX 99

- LUK 1

And right now, i'm still being Stalker lv 93.

I ask for the equip i must use, skill build that i will play, and is that my status is right ?

#621 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 23 July 2016 - 12:02 AM

Excuseme, is this thread still active ? 

I'm newbie at this Ragnarok. I wanna build Masquerade Shadow Chaser. I look at iRO, that tell me to use bow and play Bowling Bash ?
And here is my stats : 

- STR 10

- AGI 50 

- VIT 67

- INT 15

- DEX 99

- LUK 1

And right now, i'm still being Stalker lv 93.

I ask for the equip i must use, skill build that i will play, and is that my status is right ?

For now your stats look ok, since you're already at level 93 just stick with what stat points you have right now, just don't add anymore STR, add points to AGI so you can spam bowling bash faster. I really don't see the point of getting STR for an SC if not going for an Ignition Break build.

As a Stalker, copy bowling bash and max out counter instinct(just make sure to activate it every time it expires) to minimize damage received. Do this until level 99.

As a SC, max out reproduce as soon as possible and copy arrow storm. With your dex I believe you can one shot monsters at your level. Upon reaching 120+ your arrow storm damage won't be enough to one-shot mobs (if you don't have expensive gear) so you have to utilize all your skills.

After maxing out reproduce, I suggest maxing out Feint Bomb next as this can help clean out mobs that Arrow Storm cant kill and it can save your ass every time you get mobbed. Here's what you should be doing if AS can't clear out mobs: hide> sightless mind> feint bomb> arrow storm if some are still standing you can clean them up with bowling bash.

Edited by Usurper, 23 July 2016 - 09:50 AM.

#622 FlintJR

FlintJR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Twitter:@flintsh4rd
  • LocationPayon

Posted 21 October 2016 - 02:59 PM

For now your stats look ok, since you're already at level 93 just stick with what stat points you have right now, just don't add anymore STR, add points to AGI so you can spam bowling bash faster. I really don't see the point of getting STR for an SC if not going for an Ignition Break build.

As a Stalker, copy bowling bash and max out counter instinct(just make sure to activate it every time it expires) to minimize damage received. Do this until level 99.

As a SC, max out reproduce as soon as possible and copy arrow storm. With your dex I believe you can one shot monsters at your level. Upon reaching 120+ your arrow storm damage won't be enough to one-shot mobs (if you don't have expensive gear) so you have to utilize all your skills.

After maxing out reproduce, I suggest maxing out Feint Bomb next as this can help clean out mobs that Arrow Storm cant kill and it can save your ass every time you get mobbed. Here's what you should be doing if AS can't clear out mobs: hide> sightless mind> feint bomb> arrow storm if some are still standing you can clean them up with bowling bash.

Hey Usurper, thanks for replying.

Sorry for late reply, right now i still stuck at my level. I'm still loking for zeny to buy equip for my SC.

Can you tell me can i reset status or skill ? Cause i think, i've wrong build, am i ?

Reason to adding STR is, maximize mySC Weight haha

Can you tell me, am i true that Masq type is PVP type and using bow at them ? I just afraid, i doing wrong build. Cause, i'm noob at SC class and i very want to feel pvp with SC hahaha

Sorry for bad english, and bad grammar.

#623 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 22 October 2016 - 10:25 AM

For equipment in PvM leveling you can check out the pinned guide here on the thief class forum.

You can reset your skills for free by talking to the mesmerist in pront(near the quest boards) but for the stat reset you need to buy reset stones or acquire them as a reward for finishing a set of quests.

As for PvP SC, in my oponion there are 3 builds:

1.) Pure Masq/ Debuffer a.k.a WoE build - Kills in PvP using Manhole and Traps. This type of build has max Dex and Int to achieve "no cast".

2.) Tri-shot/ Bow build- Has high dex and agi to ensure high damage out put from bows. For this build, high agi is needed for Triangle Shot. Also works well with the ff skills: Severe Rainstorm, Arrow Storm and Aimed Bolt. You can check the screen shot thread for samples.

3.) Str/sword or dagger build- Has high str and dex. Str for high damage using swords/dagger, high dex for masquerade/divest and moderate agi for sleep immunity and atkspd. This build might not be as good as a debuffer compared to the previous builds above but it can work. Skills used: Cross Impact, Ignition Break, Bowling Bash and Backstab(yes Backstab).

I'm currently working on the str build for now.

Edited by Usurper, 22 October 2016 - 10:52 AM.

#624 FlintJR

FlintJR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Twitter:@flintsh4rd
  • LocationPayon

Posted 29 November 2016 - 08:35 AM

For equipment in PvM leveling you can check out the pinned guide here on the thief class forum.

You can reset your skills for free by talking to the mesmerist in pront(near the quest boards) but for the stat reset you need to buy reset stones or acquire them as a reward for finishing a set of quests.

As for PvP SC, in my oponion there are 3 builds:

1.) Pure Masq/ Debuffer a.k.a WoE build - Kills in PvP using Manhole and Traps. This type of build has max Dex and Int to achieve "no cast".

2.) Tri-shot/ Bow build- Has high dex and agi to ensure high damage out put from bows. For this build, high agi is needed for Triangle Shot. Also works well with the ff skills: Severe Rainstorm, Arrow Storm and Aimed Bolt. You can check the screen shot thread for samples.

3.) Str/sword or dagger build- Has high str and dex. Str for high damage using swords/dagger, high dex for masquerade/divest and moderate agi for sleep immunity and atkspd. This build might not be as good as a debuffer compared to the previous builds above but it can work. Skills used: Cross Impact, Ignition Break, Bowling Bash and Backstab(yes Backstab).

I'm currently working on the str build for now.

Yah, i want to be pure Masq.

And now i wrong adding status points :D lol

My status now is :

STR 10

AGI 55

VIT 70

INT 15

DEX 99

LUK 1

Can i still be a pure masq ?

Edited by FlintJR, 29 November 2016 - 03:04 PM.

#625 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 03:53 AM

yes, you'll end up with 100+ vit/int/dex and 80+ agi at max level anyway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users