Server Restart and Patch 6/23 @ 4 PM PST - Page 3 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Server Restart and Patch 6/23 @ 4 PM PST

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#51 littlekami

littlekami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:01 PM

GenPatcher giving the CRC error is corrected. You should be able to reopen the patcher and connect.

wrong...still stuck on " checking for patch updates "

try again cala

#52 siryu

siryu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 568 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:10 PM

wrong...still stuck on " checking for patch updates "

try again cala

uninstall...game....

#53 littlekami

littlekami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:11 PM

u kidding me hu?

i need to reinstall the game..or only genpatch?

Edited by littlekami, 23 June 2011 - 04:11 PM.

#54 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:16 PM

Problem with both things is that we have had a number of players abuse this by creating accounts, getting the 1 free spin, then breaking down the coins and doing a variety of things with the coins from selling them to trying to get a full costume set on their primary character.

You know back during the soccer event in 2006, people created new accounts to earn more soccer balls and there was never any accusation of bug abuse or anything like this. It was allowed and people weren't accused of abuse. If you are concerned about people creating accounts to get more lucky spins, then perhaps the developers should have thought of the possibilities ahead of time. This isn't rocket science here. Something should have been put in place in the first place, such as not allowing trading coins or vending of the masks. In fact, why even allow the items to be broken down into coins if they couldn't be used for more lucky spins? The devs created these abilities so I think it is unfair to ban accounts and lecture players for doing what they were allowed by the game. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Edited by CoffeeMuse, 23 June 2011 - 06:09 PM.

#55 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:18 PM

Wooohoohoo....this is normal for me.. it messing up--no matter which patcher I use.. Reinstall is probably what you need to do. XD I'd like to welcome everyone to my little world! It sucks. :o Reinstalling the game twice this week. Booo. DUn worry T_T I'm at 30%, Ugh think of all the pewpew I am potentially missing..probably not if everyone else is stuck like this to. Haha. I just have.. one random question... Lol a change in Villager Grays appearance? Lmao. It made me giggle...like why was this included now in this mid week patch fix. Ahaha. So random.

#56 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:21 PM

u kidding me hu?

i need to reinstall the game..or only genpatch?

Generally the best way to fix the client is uninstall then reinstall.

Edited by Zurn, 23 June 2011 - 04:22 PM.

#57 siryu

siryu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:22 PM

see it's work now...

#58 Elpha

Elpha

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:26 PM

I've reinstalled and it's working fine now ^^

#59 ChickenBucket

ChickenBucket

Bourgeois Representative

• Members
  • 1175 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
  • Server:Poo'onis

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:26 PM

WHERE THE HELL YOU BEEN CALANOR!

#60 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:27 PM

nope u wasnt alone ;)
i only didnt bother to buy im points to do it :o

Like I said on another thread I hope to god I see a whole ton of people like me walking around with partial sets from this "wonderful" update.

No idea why they don't just make the game P2P and put the final nail in the NAROSE coffin. It's not like there is ever any free content or reason to play anymore.

#61 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:29 PM

It's not like there is ever any free content or reason to play anymore.

If I give you enough money to pay for 6 months of subsription fees for World of Warcraft, would you leave this game and shut up? Please?

#62 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:30 PM

If I give you enough money to pay for 6 months of subsription fees for World of Warcraft, would you leave this game and shut up? Please?

Ahahaha. Can I have enough money for 6 months of WoW fees... Cash only pls..so I can buy more im points. :o

#63 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:33 PM

But ZURN, I don't want to download the ROSE installer then reinstall ROSE then download the Genpatch installer then purchase an unzip program then download the unzip program installer then install the unzip program then unzip Genpatch then reinstall Genpatch then move Genpatch to my ROSE folder then update them then wait 5 minutes to log in. I think I'll just wait for it to get fixed..

#64 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:34 PM

You know back during the soccer event in 2006, people created new accounts to earn more soccer balls and there was never any accusation of bug abuse or anything like this. It was allowed and people weren't accused of abuse. If you are concerned about people creating accounts to get more lucky spins, then perhaps the developers should have thought of the possibilities ahead of time. This isn't rocket science here. Something should have been put in place in the first place, such as not allowing trading or vending of the coins. In fact, why even allow the items to be broken down into coins if they couldn't be used for more lucky spins? The devs created these abilities so I think it is unfair to ban accounts and lecture players for doing what they were allowed by the game. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Actually it was talked about Coffee, but we felt that the community could handle and not abuse, sadly the dual effect of a free spin + free item mall items (which was our fault) was too much to resist.
You are responding to me as if we waved some big ol' ban stick and went clubbing. Actually what was said was that we are blocking the accounts created to abuse and not going to block any players playing account. *Waves White Flag* You are jumping to conclusion, hopefully you have seen Office Space and can understand the reference there.

If all else fails yes re-install. Works for any application that gets updates pushed to it occasionally.

WHERE THE HELL YOU BEEN CALANOR!

Hiding, from this!

Like I said on another thread I hope to god I see a whole ton of people like me walking around with partial sets from this "wonderful" update.

No idea why they don't just make the game P2P and put the final nail in the NAROSE coffin. It's not like there is ever any free content or reason to play anymore.

Lady its been a long time, glad to see you haven't lost your flare for throwing jabs.

#65 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:36 PM

Lady its been a long time, glad to see you haven't lost your flare for throwing jabs.

Please don't encourage her but just ban her for being annoying or something.

#66 Laprion

Laprion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • Server:draconis

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:37 PM

If all else fails yes re-install. Works for any application that gets updates pushed to it occasionally.

i can tell u i had this error before i reinstalled Rose i reinstalled windows too and still got this error i left it for less than a day and it work afterwards but there should be no reason to have to leave it a day

#67 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:43 PM

But ZURN, I don't want to download the ROSE installer then reinstall ROSE (firstly this time save the installer, as this will happen again)then download the Genpatch installer then purchase an unzip program (winzip is free I think that's what I have) then download the unzip program installer then install the unzip program then unzip Genpatch then reinstall Genpatch (this would be the first install wouldnt it?)then move Genpatch to my ROSE folder then (automaticly goes to it) update them then wait 5 minutes to log in. I think I'll just wait for it to get fixed..

Put "answers" in (parentheses)

#68 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:45 PM

i can tell u i had this error before i reinstalled Rose i reinstalled windows too and still got this error i left it for less than a day and it work afterwards but there should be no reason to have to leave it a day

Its possible each time the download corrupted, for best results use IE 9 or higher to download the "official" client download.

#69 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:46 PM

You know back during the soccer event in 2006, people created new accounts to earn more soccer balls and there was never any accusation of bug abuse or anything like this. It was allowed and people weren't accused of abuse. If you are concerned about people creating accounts to get more lucky spins, then perhaps the developers should have thought of the possibilities ahead of time. This isn't rocket science here. Something should have been put in place in the first place, such as not allowing trading or vending of the coins. In fact, why even allow the items to be broken down into coins if they couldn't be used for more lucky spins? The devs created these abilities so I think it is unfair to ban accounts and lecture players for doing what they were allowed by the game. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

DING DING DING...it's not like this doesn't happen during every single update where they give a freebe out.

So just to update everything, the cash grab(of this update) had holes in it that people who are tired of everything being pay used to try to get some actual FREE content so now they have all nice and locked up so EVERYONE is absolutely 100% forced to either pay or they can go to hell before they can have a chance of completing even one set. Classic.

#70 Laprion

Laprion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • Server:draconis

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:48 PM

Its possible each time the download corrupted, for best results use IE 9 or higher to download the "official" client download.

Client download is fine its been running on this PC for weeks with out any issues this was a windows 7 pc alisaMT is a Win7 pc too but my issue happened on my laptop which is vista

#71 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:48 PM

HEEES...SOMEBODY has to keep the cm's working. ;) The day I don't scream at all the Rose Injustices is the day hell freezes over. ;)

Yes I've missed our battles....where have you been? :o

Edited by LadyPsyber, 23 June 2011 - 04:50 PM.

#72 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:55 PM

Client download is fine its been running on this PC for weeks with out any issues this was a windows 7 pc alisaMT is a Win7 pc too but my issue happened on my laptop which is vista

Vista has it's problems but none the less a reinstall should in theory work, with that said even on win7/vista it's possible to have multiple corrupt downloads as there's alot of files transferring.

My original client is still in my systems folder so I know where it is and almost seems to never get corrupt, I do use genpatch in another folder and Rayuns is another so I have two other versions to check if one goes down. (not saying it works but I rarely have to reinstall).

#73 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:57 PM

HEEES...SOMEBODY has to keep the cm's working. ;) The day I don't scream at all the Rose Injustices is the day hell freezes over. ;)

Yes I've missed our battles....where have you been? :o

Without you there's almost no "good" criticism to anything I kinda enjoy reading some of your posts.

#74 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:05 PM

Please don't encourage her but just ban her for being annoying or something.

add her too your foe list, and you don't have to see her posts.

People are entitled to their opinions if u like it or not.

One thing gravity has always been good for; Is letting people voice what they don't like- even if that person resorts to calling the devs stupid ect. Not saying lady has done this; I'm just saying though...

Edited by CaNehDa, 23 June 2011 - 05:07 PM.

#75 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:06 PM

Actually it was talked about Coffee, but we felt that the community could handle and not abuse, sadly the dual effect of a free spin + free item mall items (which was our fault) was too much to resist.
You are responding to me as if we waved some big ol' ban stick and went clubbing. Actually what was said was that we are blocking the accounts created to abuse and not going to block any players playing account. *Waves White Flag* You are jumping to conclusion, hopefully you have seen Office Space and can understand the reference there.

Cal,

You've been around here as long or longer than I have. How many times have you seen people capitalize on these kinds of things. Usually people are alot more creative and have to jump through more clever hoops than to break down items and trade or sell coins for spins. You've been over this ground so many times it's a no brainer - seriously, its a no brainer. I disagree with the characterization that this is abuse, not when you all knew what the possibilities were and made it allowable to trade coins or vend them. If you consciously make something tradable or vendable, then you shouldn't complain when people do it. I'm jumping to the only conclusion any reasonable minded person would come too. I have a masters degree in science, but a person with a GED would probably figure this all out just as quickly. No, I've never seen Office Space. I'm counter culture and don't watch much TV. Sorry if that means I'm not cool!

Oh and remember, I have a masters degree in science, I know more than you.

I think this is a good time to post a poem written by lovely wife:

~They should have asked Lady Psyber~

Opinions abound but who is wrong and who is right.
People need a prophet, a diffuser of the light.
Someone they can turn to as the crises rage and swirl.
Someone with the remedy, the wisdom, and the pearl.

Well, they should have asked Lady Psyber, she would have told em there and then
Her thoughts on zulie sellers, spammers and how Junon is with men,
The future of the game, gem prices going south
The wait for new updates, GMS, she would give it clout.

Yes they should have asked Lady Psyber, she can sort out any mess
She can rejuvenate the economy she can cure any distress.
So any little niggle, anything you want to know
Just run it past Lady Psyber, wind her up and let her go.

Congestion in Zant, the protection of noobs
The damage to the economy, botters and thugs.
These may defeat the brain of any bloke
But present it to Lady Psyber and she will solve it at a stroke.

She will clarify the situation, she will make it crystal clear
You will feel the glazing of your eyeballs, and the bending of your ear.
Upon these areas she brings her intellect to shine
In a great compelling voice thats twice as loud as yours or mine.

When it comes to tolerance she hasnt got a lot
Zulie sellers should be guillotined and spammers should be shot.
Encyclopaedias, on them we never have to call
Why clutter up the bookshelf when Lady Psyber knows it all!

Edited by CoffeeMuse, 23 June 2011 - 05:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users