Slotted Shields - Page 2 - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Slotted Shields

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#26 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:58 AM

Still, it might not make them overpowered, but then everyone would want a 2nd slot for 2 handed weapons, I'm sure.

#27 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:47 AM

Might be unfair for classes that can't equip off-hands.

Edited by iBryan, 26 June 2011 - 02:48 AM.

#28 Zayin

Zayin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:53 AM

I agree with you guys, it might be unfair. But it might not be. I wonder why slots in shields have been removed from the original version of Rose. Still, it could have been a bad decision, who knows?

@Gojio: I remember reading some complaints on having only one slot available on two handed weapons (especially katars and dual swords). It could be considered as well, but I believe this would be unbalanced. Hawkers and champs are powerful enough already aren't they? Everything depends on testing things firsthand anyway :mellow:.

Did you guys know that many players don't want to join the official server because they believe iRose is superior? Many, many people have told me so. There has to be a reason for it.

Edited by Zayin, 26 June 2011 - 08:55 AM.

#29 FeedisArti

FeedisArti

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 678 posts
  • LocationLeeuwarden

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:09 AM

It would be great if they never took this out. Just to back Zayin, it actually was in the official ROSE, iROSE that is. Not on this server though, true.
But there has been too much 'balancing' (as dev's call it) to ever add that stuff in right now, it would only make charters overpowered against environment!

#30 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:27 AM

No as I said before, it would give knights and cleric a boost, also crafters would be able to get more con/sen.

I have 2 +15 arum sheilds - 1 with 40mspeed, 1 with 75 deff; the 40mspeed has already declined in value because you can now obtain 40mspeed and 60dodge.

being able to slot sheilds would also decrease the value of my 75 deff sheild, as you could slot it at put a p07 in it...

bad idea is bad.

#31 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:32 PM

Nobody would go for it because it would eliminate the substats in the offhands.. also, what about 2 handed weapons. would those get two slots in them to compensate for the missing item? I like the idea but the substat elimination has to go for this to come into effect or it will make arti's crafting skills (sen?) almost entirely obsolete..

Link

#32 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:07 AM

How about just letting you socket it, but never gain the effect, only for aesthetics.

You lose the substat for the look and gain no benefits.

#33 Zayin

Zayin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:48 PM

How about just letting you socket it, but never gain the effect, only for aesthetics.

You lose the substat for the look and gain no benefits.

Yeah, I thought of that too, but would people really spend 40m for the looks? Well, maybe. Or just make it so that shields with gems can only be equipped as a costume.

#34 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:05 AM

I would, I don't know about you lol. Dual gems ftw(and yes I remember those days).

Just to make that 40m worth it, imagine the dual handed weapon + offhand glitch. You would look like you're wearing shining shield(or whatever offhand) with a gem and a 2-handed weapon at the same time.

#35 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:44 AM

Yeah, I thought of that too, but would people really spend 40m for the looks? Well, maybe. Or just make it so that shields with gems can only be equipped as a costume.

People spend billions for the looks in this game...just look at the selling section...ghost sets 3-3.5b...halloween sets 500m-1b...that's not the problem.

#36 Revolve

Revolve

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1044 posts
  • LocationKaizy's Profile.

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:04 AM

A thread like this is already made.

#37 ThunderBug

ThunderBug

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:43 AM

Only good thing about being a knight is u can tank 1-2 ppl while potting and not die, bad thing is u cant kill them either :/

i can tank on my cleric with just 6k def in UW for quite a while with pots and heals
i think a Knight with 16k def wouldnt do very bad :mellow:
neither would a cleric with 12k def

Edited by RangerLaura, 03 July 2011 - 01:02 PM.

#38 siryu

siryu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 568 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:04 AM

I have 2 say that slotting a shield is stupid but copying some ideas from the Psevers isnt, ever wondered y the other servers have more players than us?

^^ well there is 1 private server that got 3 server ...

#39 Avanis

Avanis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:00 PM

Sure ... Your word has so much creditability to it I am speechless.

1. Stop being an arrogant ass and blindly reading her posts, and making ASSUMPTIONS. She said she stopped playing a pserver for FEW MONTHS. No where in her post did she mention a pserver to begin with until you brought it up. Not to mention shes not playing it now.

2. iRose isn't a pserver, its the original rose. They had this implemented in it. (Funny how you call other people ignorant, haha. It really must be bliss eh?}

3. How does your word have any more creditability to it? I am speechless at your arrogance.

I have 2 +15 arum sheilds - 1 with 40mspeed, 1 with 75 deff; the 40mspeed has already declined in value because you can now obtain 40mspeed and 60dodge.

being able to slot sheilds would also decrease the value of my 75 deff sheild, as you could slot it at put a p07 in it...

bad idea is bad.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA,

Because if this happens it'll make my crappy shields worth less! Because only I count in this game and if you make me suffer in the game it shouldn't happen!

Idiot is idiotic. :dunno:

Now to stay on topic, I think it would be a good idea as long as the classes do not get unbalanced, I think it would have to be a trial and error type thing, but I don't think 1 gem will do much.

Edited by Avanis, 28 June 2011 - 10:03 PM.

#40 tythemuss

tythemuss

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1112 posts
  • Server:Leonis / Draco

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:15 PM

bad idea is bad.

Um... didnt reroll hammers just screw the stats up on shields anyway? Making them pretty much all the same in price coz u can just reroll and have it...

#41 hazeeee

hazeeee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • LocationSome where out there

Posted 03 July 2011 - 11:11 AM

if this proposal has been approve.
ill propose adding 1 gem on katars (left). :rolleyes:

#42 Zayin

Zayin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:23 PM

if this proposal has been approve.
ill propose adding 1 gem on katars (left). :rolleyes:

It would look pretty for sure. However, would katars and dual swords have two slots on the same item? That seems funny to me.

#43 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:50 PM

i like the idea of adding a gem on 1 hand slot just for cosmetics.... anyway, wouldn't mind if have additional effect as well hahaha :rofl:
and yes, ppl spend billions on cosmetics (i am one of them) :rolleyes:

#44 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:28 AM

So we should have gems in shields just cause it looks cool? lol...

Disagree for a simple reason: it would be unfair that 1h weapon classes could carry 6 gems at once (3 jewelry, weapon, chest, shield), while 2handed weapon classes could only carry 5.

Make two handed weapons go into both UI slots for the hands and give it 2 sockets... its not hard.

er first post was a lil too plain.
2 hand required items call for both
1 model and 1 texture in the 3DData directories
3DData/weapon/weapon/TSW etc for a two handed sword.

where as off hand calls for it in the same manor

when 1hand weapond and offhand both have gem, that does add another gem and stats.

however

adding 2 sockets to two handed weapons is easy as adding the modifier for gem position and changing a lil coding

the tricky one it dual/katar

dual wields call for 2 models and 2 textures/skins
then game handles them as 2 seperate objects placed at set x,y,and z space.
however, when the dual/katar meshes and textures are called, the models themselves are still named from the 1hand versions! SOoo
The point in space where the gem is set to the model exist's on both the weapons, dual/katars aren't a magic single mesh that can bend inbetween the spaces, its 2 seperate models, both from 1 handed weapons/models.

The only thing needed to add a socket and gem on both of the weapons graphically, is to tell the game engine to render both gems.

the trick part is 2 slots on 1 inventory item. and which object they get assinged to.
Also the coding required to do so,
[I'd imagine in the server database you would need to add a cell for socketed 2 aswell as a line in the .h Library file for the game source and identify it as a boolean labeled socketed_2 simply 0 for no and 1 for yes]

Other then that I don't delve much more into the mechanics.

:) and yes iRose [the official first client ever] did have socketed shields. I used to have screen shots of it somewhere on an old harddrive :rofl:

Edited by Feuer, 09 July 2011 - 03:38 AM.

#45 Zayin

Zayin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:46 AM

:) and yes iRose [the official first client ever] did have socketed shields. I used to have screen shots of it somewhere on an old harddrive :rofl:

There you go Posted Image

Edited by Zayin, 09 July 2011 - 08:46 AM.

#46 shokwavez

shokwavez

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationOn the mat
  • Server:LEONIS

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:13 PM

Lol I was for this as well. But it will give classes such as Knights and Clerics( FS and Battle) an advantage. I for one just want it to look cool ;D. So if that's the case there should be some kind of feature in game to allow only a 5 gem limit to either: socket your armor with the gem OR your off hand with the gem..

However, I know what you're thinking. Socketing the chest vs. socketing the off hand will differ in terms of stat benefits. But its your choice to look "cool" or not lawl.

#47 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:28 AM

Make two handed weapons go into both UI slots for the hands and give it 2 sockets... its not hard.

It's much harder to implement than you would first think.

I'm also against this suggestion as it would be unfair to 2 handed weapon wielders who have no alternative 1 handed weapon type to fall back on. One suggestion to improve on this would be to introduce a new item type that only 2 handed weapon holders can use which doesn't have a 3D model (similar to jewelry) and could be socketed.

#48 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland
  • Server:Forums

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:37 AM

I'm also against this suggestion as it would be unfair to 2 handed weapon wielders who have no alternative 1 handed weapon type to fall back on. One suggestion to improve on this would be to introduce a new item type that only 2 handed weapon holders can use which doesn't have a 3D model (similar to jewelry) and could be socketed.

Feedback from the devs?! :D Am I dreaming?

On a serious note:

I also dislike the idea of allowing the socketing of shields, because it would be just another nail of the coffin of sen artisans.

However... What you mentioned about a new jewelry like item slot... I'm not sure if I would end up better putting this into a different thread, but I'll say it here anyway.

So here's what I'm thinkin':

Instead of making it an item slot for 2H weapon wielders, how about adding a few new item slots such as "Trinket" or "Relic" and make these items only obtainable at high levels and make it somewhat difficult to do so, therefore those equipment slots would take some time to fill unlike others.

#49 Zayin

Zayin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:27 PM

Just implement it for the looks then :D!

#50 alibaba5

alibaba5

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:24 PM

Feedback from the devs?! :D Am I dreaming?

On a serious note:

I also dislike the idea of allowing the socketing of shields, because it would be just another nail of the coffin of sen artisans.

However... What you mentioned about a new jewelry like item slot... I'm not sure if I would end up better putting this into a different thread, but I'll say it here anyway.

So here's what I'm thinkin':

Instead of making it an item slot for 2H weapon wielders, how about adding a few new item slots such as "Trinket" or "Relic" and make these items only obtainable at high levels and make it somewhat difficult to do so, therefore those equipment slots would take some time to fill unlike others.

Very good idea(relic).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users