Slotted Shields - Page 3 - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Slotted Shields

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#51 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:03 PM

Feedback from the devs?! B) Am I dreaming?

On a serious note:

I also dislike the idea of allowing the socketing of shields, because it would be just another nail of the coffin of sen artisans.

However... What you mentioned about a new jewelry like item slot... I'm not sure if I would end up better putting this into a different thread, but I'll say it here anyway.

So here's what I'm thinkin':

Instead of making it an item slot for 2H weapon wielders, how about adding a few new item slots such as "Trinket" or "Relic" and make these items only obtainable at high levels and make it somewhat difficult to do so, therefore those equipment slots would take some time to fill unlike others.

you play warcraft too much my friend lol

#52 zanzou

zanzou

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:12 AM

Regarding the sen crafter issue:
How about keeping substats when you put a gem in items? That would make them more useful again, though dunno if it would cause any greater balance troubles.

#53 Callmedude

Callmedude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:31 AM

Stop with the nonsense that you have with the private server ... its a little overboard with you suggesting all this private server stuff. As I recall there were never have been off hand gemmed item ever on this server.

You failed..Stop acting like you know everything in the past..Socketing gem in shield slot does existed in iRose..I was one of them..As a crafter

On topic: My idea is to reduce the effect of Gem7 that inside the off-hand slot

Like 50% of D7's effect? Or 50% of PO7 effect

However..for those S7 or E7 ..effect would be 100%..Since these 2 gems would make no difference and not much unbalanced condition occured

And this would be advantage for crafter because more cons mean higher passing rate..So does for sen crafter

#54 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:21 AM

The problem is that it is unfair to 2h users. We don't gain an additional benefit to anything.

I still stick with what I said and just let it be cosmetic. If you want the looks buy a cheap shield, refine it and put a gem in it, gain nothing but looks.

If you want a good fighting shield, buy a good sub-stat one, refine it, and call it a night.

#55 Paulera

Paulera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationBrasil
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:18 PM

An additional D7 would really make some real difference? I don't see why 100~200 ap would make knights killing machines.
And yes, the char looks great with a gem in the off hand equip. If they do item mall stuff like costumes, I don't see why not
bring back the slotted shields.

If you want game balance, then all skill trees have to be remade. Who play since pre-evo system know what I'm talking about.

And for who doesn't know: iRose was released in 2004 as the global rose online official server, and shields could be slotted, while chests couldn't.
It was a beta version, that has been splitted up in 2005 into the various servers around the world, including narose.
iRose was it's name, but today it's used as a rose online system for private servers, cause after the sundering, rose came into pre-evo system until the evolution release.
iRose, pre-evo and evolution are 3 completely different systems, including class skills, drops, experience rate and damage calculation.

#56 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:47 PM

The problem is that it is unfair to 2h users. We don't gain an additional benefit to anything.

1 more a7

but that's about it B)

o, 1 more sagi as well....

Buh I still dun like this idea ;)

Edited by CaNehDa, 20 July 2011 - 02:47 PM.

#57 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:00 PM

Regarding the sen crafter issue:
How about keeping substats when you put a gem in items? That would make them more useful again, though dunno if it would cause any greater balance troubles.

Careful with that idea. I suggested it a while back and I got nothing but hatemail. (personally I think it would solve the sencraft issue perfectly and, as everyone could do it, it wouldn't make any particular person OP in PVP)

#58 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:51 AM

Don't quote me but, I think they said somewhere that the engine couldn't support such a thing as Substats + Gem + Bold Stats.

I'm not sure what you guys want...the slotted shield look or the slotted shield to use a gem + look.

6 Gems vs someone who uses 5 is naturally a disadvantage. It's minor difference but a difference none-the-less. Genesis said it himself.

Unless you can come up with a clever way for 2-hand users to use two gems. That is the problem. Cause your least fav classes that probably will kill you...like Raiders, Battle Artis, Launchers, Champs, will also have an extra gem as well.

If you're going for the look, why not agree to have it have no effect, blow 40m-160m for your fav. gem and boom, you got slotted shield.

#59 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:42 AM

I do agree that they should be active gems in the shields, and 2H users should get a off-hand style item that goes into the shield/magic shield/recreational slot. Allowing for 2 gems for both 1H and 2H users.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users