R.O.S.E. Online Compendium - Page 4 - General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 13 votes

R.O.S.E. Online Compendium

• Please log in to reply
253 replies to this topic

#76 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 13 November 2010 - 03:19 AM

(G7 cost 72.5mil :S).

Maybe in Draconis but not in Leonis buddy.

#77 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 14 November 2010 - 10:40 AM

in the quest thing - the rewards ; can you make items clickable so we can see them and their stats and such?

#78 PurpleYouko

PurpleYouko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:04 AM

Wow!
that is crazy job done there:)
realy good site but need to be much more organized^_^ and updated(G7 cost 72.5mil :S).
but the main idea is very good:)

yeah the price guides are seriously out of date :unsure:

trouble was that i had (note past tense) a nice little utility that captured all the shop information and collated it into a nice date-stamped database entry.
During a clearout of my hard drive i accidentally deleted my utility program and haven't really had the heart to start making it all over again. It took about 3 days to code :)

#79 PurpleYouko

PurpleYouko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:06 AM

in the quest thing - the rewards ; can you make items clickable so we can see them and their stats and such?

Yup i can certainly do that.
I'll add it to the list of improvements to be made.

#80 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:49 AM

Yup i can certainly do that.
I'll add it to the list of improvements to be made.

thank you

#81 PurpleYouko

PurpleYouko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:45 AM

thank you

OK Done!!
All item names in the quest guide are now active links that take you to the item search function so that they will display the item you click on.

Also added highlights to all active links across the entire site. :lol:

#82 alibaba1

alibaba1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:11 AM

again i want to say its realy a great idea,and ty for your hard work:)
something that can be improved http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/happy.gif:
1)if i want to look for all UW items for any job(let say hawker) i dont have the option.
2)while i was looking for chiva items i saw that there are some items that listed twice.
3)add option to advanced search(by job & by category clothes/weapons).
4)add option to compare items.
5)add dur to items (like UW set... legendry,dark).

you have huge database about rose stuff use it correctly :lol:

#83 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:42 AM

This is a wonderful website. I refer it to everyone that asks me anything about monsters or drops (even if they don't sometimes I'll just do a shoutout :lol: ). There are a few things though.
1. Some monsters say that there is a 0% zulie or item drop rate. I know this is incorrect because I kill some of them for the drops lol.
2. There are (or used to be I haven't gone through the website with a fine toothed comb recently) duplicate monsters and one is complete while the other is not. Since they are the same it would be nice for you to get rid of the incomplete one.
3. You should probably delete the sell/buy information (not the section itself just have it say under construction instead of actual info when clicked on) as of this moment and wait until you have completed the rest of the site to redo that one. I have told people not to rely on that particular section because it hasn't been updated in a while.
4. I went onto your site and looked up the ancient tablets. It didn't say they were used for anything so I NPC'd them and then had to go farm more when I found out they were used for the orlo quest. Maybe you should add a quest section in with the items that says if you receive them from quests or need them to start/continue a quest and which quest.
5. I you need any pictures feel free to ask me. I have lots of time on my hands and, as of last night, am able to go to all 4 worlds. I have a picture of the Behemoth over in Mt.Eucar that I was saving for when I found out more about the site and the updater :(

Once again kudos. This site is wonderful.

Edited by AlisiaMT, 17 November 2010 - 08:43 AM.

#84 PurpleYouko

PurpleYouko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:41 AM

again i want to say its realy a great idea,and ty for your hard work:)
something that can be improved http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/happy.gif:
1)if i want to look for all UW items for any job(let say hawker) i dont have the option.
2)while i was looking for chiva items i saw that there are some items that listed twice.
3)add option to advanced search(by job & by category clothes/weapons).
4)add option to compare items.
5)add dur to items (like UW set... legendry,dark).

you have huge database about rose stuff use it correctly ;)

Yes the database is huge and that's half the problem.

It has to be broken down into tables for item type (Gloves, shoes etc.) so it is difficult to be able to display data from multiple databases simultaneously.
It may be possible but it will complicate the database queries and slow the site down even more :p_devil:

1) I could probably add a drop down box to select only items from certain jobs within a set so you can at least do a search for "chivalrous" "Hawker" gloves. Adding in the option to also display shoes, body and hat would require a pretty major change in the way the data is displayed. I will certainly look into it but i can't promise anything on that.

2) They are not actually being displayed twice. Hover over the items and take a look at the item id number for each one of the repeats. They are different items that just appear the same. For example the "Chivalrous Velvet Coat of Witch" seems to be displayed twice but on closer examination you will find that the database is actually returning items 5041 and 5051 which just happen to have the same name and stats. I can't help the way the NARose devs made their items. I just display them.

3) Advanced search options may be possible using a popout search control window (kind of like the spawn maps) This could also be incorporated with item 1.

4) Not quite sure i understand this request. What do you actually mean by "compare items" Do you want a side by side display or something?

5) Durability is not a fixed attribute defined in any database. It is calculated "on the fly" in the narose server. That's why dropped items always have different durability values.

This is a wonderful website. I refer it to everyone that asks me anything about monsters or drops (even if they don't sometimes I'll just do a shoutout public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif ). There are a few things though.
1. Some monsters say that there is a 0% zulie or item drop rate. I know this is incorrect because I kill some of them for the drops lol.
2. There are (or used to be I haven't gone through the website with a fine toothed comb recently) duplicate monsters and one is complete while the other is not. Since they are the same it would be nice for you to get rid of the incomplete one.
3. You should probably delete the sell/buy information (not the section itself just have it say under construction instead of actual info when clicked on) as of this moment and wait until you have completed the rest of the site to redo that one. I have told people not to rely on that particular section because it hasn't been updated in a while.
4. I went onto your site and looked up the ancient tablets. It didn't say they were used for anything so I NPC'd them and then had to go farm more when I found out they were used for the orlo quest. Maybe you should add a quest section in with the items that says if you receive them from quests or need them to start/continue a quest and which quest.
5. I you need any pictures feel free to ask me. I have lots of time on my hands and, as of last night, am able to go to all 4 worlds. I have a picture of the Behemoth over in Mt.Eucar that I was saving for when I found out more about the site and the updater public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

Once again kudos. This site is wonderful.

1) The data I have on drops comes directly from the NARose Dev team. I know some of it isn't right though. For example there is a huge gap for all the monsters in the cave of Ulverick and i have no data whatsoever of any monsters dropping level 180 legendary items. I have been promised a complete update of drops just prior to the release of Orlo part 2. let's hope that fixes it :P

2) By incomplete, do you mean they are not actually used in the game? It can be very difficult to tell which ones are used and which ones are not. I do have all the regular spawns lists but monsters can be spawned in other ways. For example the Mini Warbiz has no spawns yet there is an active quest that requires you to kill them. Apparently they are spawned by killing a different monster. Another good example is our old friend the candle ghost. They have no active spawns at all yet we see them all the time.
I still haven't completely analyzed all the available data for these secondary spawns. Possibly once I include this data in the spawns database then I can suppress monsters that don't spawn at all

3) Yes. removing the sell/buy data temporarily would be a good idea since it hasn't been updated for around 6 months. I also don't really like the data format. it takes up ridiculously large amounts of database space. the whole thing needs to be redesigned I think. i will be removing this section very shortly.

4) Cross referencing item tables into the quest data is also a good idea. As soon as I get the quest data format completely figured out i will be doing this.
The quests database is still constantly evolving. I'm working on adding drop chances for quest items right now.
Until then I'm afraid you will have to make do with the way it is. Sorry

5) Pictures would always be helpful. if you take any then please use these criteria.
Cut a precise square (at least 150 X 150 pixels) from your screen shot and save as a .png with the monster id number (get this from my website) so a mini jelly bean would be "1.png" and a grunter king would be "209.png"
I always use a free viewer tool called Irfanview which you can download here http://www.irfanview.com/
Just paste your screen shot into it then draw a square around your monster, click "crop selection" from the edit menu the "save as" a png (no transparent color)

PS there is a donations button on the main navigation menu.
Also clicking on the occasional ad give me a bit of money too :)

Edited by PurpleYouko, 18 November 2010 - 06:47 AM.

#85 alibaba1

alibaba1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 04:54 PM

4) Not quite sure i understand this request. What do you actually mean by "compare items" Do you want a side by side display or something?

Yes something like that:)

5) Durability is not a fixed attribute defined in any database. It is calculated "on the fly" in the narose server. That's why dropped items always have different durability values.

Dont make me stupid:S
i mean about static stuff like UW items,legendry...

#86 PurpleYouko

PurpleYouko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 04:59 AM

There is no "Static" value for durability on any item in the game. it is not a database field. it is generated at the server based on dynamic values that are subject to change.

The fact that it appears to be static for UW items is just an illusion. It is still generated at the server. it's just that the input parameters are more closely controlled. I don't have access to their server files so I have no way to read these values from the client.

#87 PurpleYouko

PurpleYouko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:43 AM

Dang it!!!!

This latest patch has broken my database something rotten. :p_devil:

Completely new structure in the recipes and a load of item categories have been changed.

I'm having to rewrite half of the darn code to make it display correctly.

Getting there now though. I will try to get the site working and updated by this evening. If real life doesn't get in the way anyhow. :)

#88 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 20 November 2010 - 10:31 PM

Who is Kuro-Tejina? <_<

Edited by gEddeh, 20 November 2010 - 10:31 PM.

#89 PurpleYouko

PurpleYouko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 09:02 AM

Kuro Tejina is a very bad translation of "black magic" into Japanese.

Kuro = black
Tejina = magic.

It's actually more like stage magic. Sleight of hand or trickery but tejina just sounds better than the real word for true magic (which i don't actually remember right now) <_<

#90 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 21 November 2010 - 12:49 PM

Cool <_<

#91 PurpleYouko

PurpleYouko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:59 AM

Just added second job quests.
Maybe this will clear up some of the questions people keep asking about why they have to kill loads of supreme monsters for hours and hours.... and hours <_<

#92 Jason14

Jason14

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 24 November 2010 - 02:29 AM

keep up the good work.. -_-

#93 ZookeeperAndy

ZookeeperAndy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • LocationAt the place, doing the thing with the stuff

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:27 AM

Just added second job quests.Maybe this will clear up some of the questions people keep asking about why they have to kill loads of supreme monsters for hours and hours.... and hours :(

Lol, 30% chance of getting a proof from Supreme Golems, that explains our agony! Thanks Youko, nice work. -_-

#94 PurpleYouko

PurpleYouko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:55 AM

Lol, 30% chance of getting a proof from Supreme Golems, that explains our agony! Thanks Youko, nice work. :(

Don't forget the note in the conditions section.

Drop chance is ZERO for the first 20 kills

It's 30% chance per kill after that

Certainly does explain everyone's agony -_-

It varies a little by job but every 2nd job quest has at least one monster that doesn't drop a damn thing for the first 20 kills.

Edited by PurpleYouko, 24 November 2010 - 09:57 AM.

#95 ZookeeperAndy

ZookeeperAndy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • LocationAt the place, doing the thing with the stuff

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:21 AM

Wow, didn't catch that part, but i kinda had an idea because i'd count how many i killed before i got my first proof, which was always in the 20s. After that, it was pretty easy, even with jobs that needed more then 1 proof at the golems or goblins. Still, i'd pretty much be insufferable for the rest of the day. -_-

#96 PurpleYouko

PurpleYouko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:56 AM

Monsters, spawns, break lists and items updated for version 320.

Also updated the spawn data outputs to give better information and added a few map images to cover the newer maps and a couple that were not previously working properly.

#97 PurpleYouko

PurpleYouko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:56 AM

Added NPC Finder to quests section. Click on the NPC image to find out precisely where they are located. :)

I will be utilizing the new code to add a full NPC list with NPC shop lists at some time in the future also.

#98 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:48 PM

Added NPC Finder to quests section. Click on the NPC image to find out precisely where they are located. :)

I will be utilizing the new code to add a full NPC list with NPC shop lists at some time in the future also.

Cool! This will be awesome if linked to the quests!

Keep doing what you do best :)

#99 PurpleYouko

PurpleYouko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:49 AM

Updated quests a bit.

Added "Royals of Oblivion" and "Feeding the Portal" chains
Also added the repeatable quests within the oblivion temple.

As usual all quest rewards and drop chances for the quest items are included along with which monsters you need to fight.

Slight change in quest format.
The "Spoilers" buttons have gone away and been replaced with "View Map" buttons which when clicked will visually display the precise location of your target on the relevant map.

Hopefully Zep will be giving me an inside scoop on the updated drop lists soon :angry:

Enjoy

#100 PurpleYouko

PurpleYouko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:17 AM

Ad code has been modified to minimize problems with ads appearing on top of the main page and making some items inaccessible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users