#51 Xenania

Xenania

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 04 July 2011 - 07:54 AM

Basically..
Draconis = for Newbies to try NA Rose content. Alot empty spot to farm. After max level: 50% quitted, 25% making new char, 25% move to leonis.
Leonis = for Veteran to enjoying drama/war. Less spot to farm on high level area.

Draconis server is DEAD because its RIDICULOUS market price that newbies can't afford to buy items.

#52 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:01 AM

Have you ever make a new character and as you level up you make some friends while partying leveling, and eventually you got your character to 220. And do you notice how many people on your friend list can actually become one of the active ROSE online player?

For me, it is like 97% quit and only 3% actually get involved into this game. What's the reason? I don't know, but I bet it happens on both servers.

#53 Xenania

Xenania

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:12 AM

Have you ever make a new character and as you level up you make some friends while partying leveling, and eventually you got your character to 220. And do you notice how many people on your friend list can actually become one of the active ROSE online player?

For me, it is like 97% quit and only 3% actually get involved into this game. What's the reason? I don't know, but I bet it happens on both servers.

Maybe you should add Full Support CLERICS char on your friend list, if you wanna make friend in both server ?
Because they who will continue to play/making new farm char definitely have their own cleric.

#54 Kittiz

Kittiz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • LocationSC, USA
  • Server:Both

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:01 AM

Having people acting nice to you is something you earn, if he moved because of "jerks and bullies" I guess he did something to provoke them.

Maybe it was that my bf and I played together, and when he broke up with me, a well-known clan we were a part of turned against me? Yeah...that's probably it. The ex and I still have a pretty good relationship, so I'm still not quite sure what happened there. But that could be it. I did nothing "bad" to them, to my knowledge, other than leave the clan to give my ex some space.

Edit: I'd also like to state that the members of said clan weren't the only people I was referring to.

Actually both community's are a 100% the same in my opinion. It might look different at draco first but thats just because of the low population that theres allot less going on. You will find out sooner or later its gonna be boring with cancelling uw's and stuff....

I've never had a UW that I was trying to join cancel on me. And parties always seemed a lot more rude on Leo to me.

The only problem I've found is that not many native English-speakers play on Draco, so it's hard, sometimes, to find an interesting, engaging party. Is this the same for Leo now?

Edited by Kittiz, 04 July 2011 - 09:47 PM.

#55 JayCeee

JayCeee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:25 PM

reading all this makes me regret getting 5 chars to 200+ on draco. shudaa done it on leo

#56 gusperjos

gusperjos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:55 PM

happy hour, everyone going to farm and lvl,
thats why uw always canceled, and u see less people in junon

just my opinion

#57 Cracker

Cracker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • LocationLess QQ more PewPew
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:13 AM

Actually it is not just Draconis. Numbers usually drop off during the summer because lets face it, it actually is more fun playing in the lake then sitting in a stuffy room looking at the same crusty pixelated character that you have looked at for years. I admit myself that I have lost most interest in this game and now am currently starting to get bored with Aion but it is for different reasons there. I find myself glancing at the boys computer now since they both seem to be having a blast in WoW but I just don't see the attraction in that game yet and I tried many times. The worst thing about getting bored in a game is now you quit caring about playing legit and start to create ways to cut corners or cheat without getting caught of course. I think its time to power down and push away for a small break before I do things that I will later regret.

Edited by Cracker, 05 July 2011 - 07:14 AM.

#58 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:15 PM

Actually it is not just Draconis. Numbers usually drop off during the summer because lets face it, it actually is more fun playing in the lake then sitting in a stuffy room looking at the same crusty pixelated character that you have looked at for years. I admit myself that I have lost most interest in this game and now am currently starting to get bored with Aion but it is for different reasons there. I find myself glancing at the boys computer now since they both seem to be having a blast in WoW but I just don't see the attraction in that game yet and I tried many times. The worst thing about getting bored in a game is now you quit caring about playing legit and start to create ways to cut corners or cheat without getting caught of course. I think its time to power down and push away for a small break before I do things that I will later regret.

I totally agree. Both servers will drop off some for summer (in the northern hemisphere), but a lot are also "taking a break" or quitting until something interesting comes along. Both servers have had their share of hackers or people doing things they should not be lately. That can mostly be blamed for lack of things to do in game. A number of those banned were long time players. With them gone a few others left too since they always played together. There are many reasons for both server's population decreasing. I know the developers are starting to put ads out to bring new players into the game. Some will read our negative, complaining, mean, etc forums and just run away. Some won't read the forums and will just pick a server, probably the first that comes up.

In general a lot of people say the people on Draconis are nicer and there isn't as much drama. But as we see by the inflated economy on both servers, they will both balance out someday. The same people or types of people will play both servers, the economy will stay inflated, etc. Some people will get bored and move on, some will get bored and hack, some will be nasty, some will remain nice, and so on. Keeping both servers gives people a chance to choose which one fits their play I guess. But I think they will become the exact same over time and it won't really matter which you play on. But at this point I don't see them merging the two and I know they won't just get rid of one or the other.

#59 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:07 PM

Draconis should never of been created in the first place. All it did was split an already shrinking player base.It was dumb on their part. Now Players will suffer for it. Draconis will keep emptying out.

YES.

#60 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:11 PM

I totally agree. Both servers will drop off some for summer (in the northern hemisphere), but a lot are also "taking a break" or quitting until something interesting comes along. Both servers have had their share of hackers or people doing things they should not be lately. That can mostly be blamed for lack of things to do in game. A number of those banned were long time players. With them gone a few others left too since they always played together. There are many reasons for both server's population decreasing. I know the developers are starting to put ads out to bring new players into the game. Some will read our negative, complaining, mean, etc forums and just run away. Some won't read the forums and will just pick a server, probably the first that comes up.

In general a lot of people say the people on Draconis are nicer and there isn't as much drama. But as we see by the inflated economy on both servers, they will both balance out someday. The same people or types of people will play both servers, the economy will stay inflated, etc. Some people will get bored and move on, some will get bored and hack, some will be nasty, some will remain nice, and so on. Keeping both servers gives people a chance to choose which one fits their play I guess. But I think they will become the exact same over time and it won't really matter which you play on. But at this point I don't see them merging the two and I know they won't just get rid of one or the other.

Sorry, I am not completely agree with you, Bendermom. If what you said is true,"Both servers will drop off some for summer", then should we see less players in Leonis also? That, however, is not the case. I notice Leonis has more players lately compare with several weeks ago. Leonis has many shops, and I also saw more active players as well while Draconis is in completely opposite conditions. Do you care to explain that?

Edited by ChampPower, 05 July 2011 - 01:14 PM.

#61 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:41 PM

No disrespect for Draconis players, but the server shouldn't have been made, or at least released at this point due to player population. I see nothing wrong with players wanting to take up or at least try a new server when it's released, even I made some characters but to me it seemed stupid because I already had several max level characters on Leonis. If this game was like JRose for example, a second server would be great idea. Draconis should be suspended or transferred into Leonis, but we all should remember that this is NA Rose, America was once like Draconis.

#62 FeedisArti

FeedisArti

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 678 posts
  • LocationLeeuwarden

Posted 05 July 2011 - 02:14 PM

You're totally right. Always when I'm on and go in a party a few times I add new players to my list. Even when I'm not active at all and have a break for a few weeks now and then people never delete me from the friends list. Not because I'm such a cool person, I mean, I never delete anyone myself until I get deleted, but because they just don't play anymore themselves. I hope for better times. As said many times, this game has a lot of potential. Great looks and mechanics. Just the level 200 content that is missing.

#63 Kittiz

Kittiz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 05 July 2011 - 02:24 PM

All I really have to say is that I think a merge might be a decent way of handling and remedying the low populations of both servers. (Even though I went to Draconis to get away from the part of the Leonis community.)

However, I will again bring up the point that each player is limited to 5 characters per account per server. Unless this is increased to 10 characters/account/server, how do you all propose we handle this clash?

Also, I know I have several characters on both servers with the same name, and I do *NOT* want a stupid D or L placed beside my name. Other than this 'tagging,' how would all of you suggest this situation to be handled?

These are just the "right off the top of my head" issues I have with a merge. Overall, it's a good idea, but plenty of issues come with it.

#64 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:02 PM

All I really have to say is that I think a merge might be a decent way of handling and remedying the low populations of both servers. (Even though I went to Draconis to get away from the part of the Leonis community.)

However, I will again bring up the point that each player is limited to 5 characters per account per server. Unless this is increased to 10 characters/account/server, how do you all propose we handle this clash?

Also, I know I have several characters on both servers with the same name, and I do *NOT* want a stupid D or L placed beside my name. Other than this 'tagging,' how would all of you suggest this situation to be handled?

These are just the "right off the top of my head" issues I have with a merge. Overall, it's a good idea, but plenty of issues come with it.

If we can have as many accounts as we want, why not make them bigger?

#65 Zayin

Zayin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:52 PM

If we can have as many accounts as we want, why not make them bigger?

There's no point for me since I want all my chars on separate accounts if I need to use many at the same time! And I'm not the only one doing so :lol:. What I find annoying is that only 3 Rose accounts can be created per Warp Portal account. What's the point in that?

#66 Kittiz

Kittiz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:53 PM

Okay...so just make the accounts bigger! New character select screen would need to be made! Anyway..

What about my second issue with the Same-name characters on different servers?

#67 Zayin

Zayin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:01 PM

Okay...so just make the accounts bigger! New character select screen would need to be made! Anyway..

What about my second issue with the Same-name characters on different servers?

That's the most important issue I can think of. I wouldn't be against the removal of level 1 characters that have not been used in a year or so. That would probably solve a few overlaps. Another solution would be to suggest to members with the same name to change it for free. For the rest, the only thing I can think of is to add numbers next to one the names, but that would make some players mad for sure.

#68 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:23 PM

Add a prefix only for those who have duplicate names...then give them a free name change.

I disagree with this solution as I am currently having trouble with a newb making characters with names similiar to mine and claiming to be "HeavenlySin." I couldn't imagine if we ALL (not just draco members) got name change coupons all the hell we and the support team would go through trying to get our proper names when ppl are trying to steal ours.

Having people acting nice to you is something you earn, if he moved because of "jerks and bullies" I guess he did something to provoke them.

You obviously don't know kytt.. She is a sweetheart and very dedicated to this game, her friends, and the clan. If anyone were being mean to her in game in because THEY are jerks, not that she is.

Edited by AlisiaMT, 05 July 2011 - 04:25 PM.

#69 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:39 PM

There's no point for me since I want all my chars on separate accounts if I need to use many at the same time! And I'm not the only one doing so :lol:. What I find annoying is that only 3 Rose accounts can be created per Warp Portal account. What's the point in that?

make a 2nd warpportal account

#70 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:51 PM

Actually having people be nice to you is how all people should be. If you do something wrong or disrespect people or hack them or are rude to them then you "earn" people being mean to you back. And people being rude or nasty to you in game or in RL does not necessarily mean you deserve it. There are nasty people all over the place. But in this game some people are children and think that because they are hiding behind a computer they can act however they want. I am sure it is on both servers.

I have heard people comment that the people on Draconis are a lot nicer and less big egos like on Leonis. I have also heard that people on Draconis are rude too. I have played both, but mostly on Leonis, so I can't compare. But from Kytt's comments in forums she seems like a very nice, respectable person.

Also ChampPower, I have seen Leonis a lot busier and Draconis a lot busier, and I mean recently. I think from talking to people, reading forums and walking around in game that the main reason people are leaving both servers is the lack of things to do once you level, also that a lot have been banned lately, and a lot are on vacation. You can only make so many new characters and farming is not as a lot of us think it should be at high levels - so seems pointless, there is nothing new to farm for and no new quests. People get bored.....on both servers. So will the new players.

#71 Zayin

Zayin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:09 PM

make a 2nd warpportal account

I did hahaha; I have 4 chars, so I needed 4 accounts. But there's no point in making it 3 per account then!

Actually having people be nice to you is how all people should be. If you do something wrong or disrespect people or hack them or are rude to them then you "earn" people being mean to you back. And people being rude or nasty to you in game or in RL does not necessarily mean you deserve it. There are nasty people all over the place. But in this game some people are children and think that because they are hiding behind a computer they can act however they want. I am sure it is on both servers.

I have heard people comment that the people on Draconis are a lot nicer and less big egos like on Leonis. I have also heard that people on Draconis are rude too. I have played both, but mostly on Leonis, so I can't compare. But from Kytt's comments in forums she seems like a very nice, respectable person.

Also ChampPower, I have seen Leonis a lot busier and Draconis a lot busier, and I mean recently. I think from talking to people, reading forums and walking around in game that the main reason people are leaving both servers is the lack of things to do once you level, also that a lot have been banned lately, and a lot are on vacation. You can only make so many new characters and farming is not as a lot of us think it should be at high levels - so seems pointless, there is nothing new to farm for and no new quests. People get bored.....on both servers. So will the new players.

Agreed.

Not every type of player will become bored of this game. I've played for 4 years (or is it 5? lol) and never became pretty strong nor exceptionally rich because I play slowly and enjoy the fun for longer times. Players who rush through the game and pretend it's boring shouldn't wonder why. Nonetheless, new content is always enjoyable :lol:.

Edited by Zayin, 05 July 2011 - 05:16 PM.

#72 AllTheWay

AllTheWay

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:20 PM

A new server. Leoconis
- you can play your characters from Draconis or Leonis on this server
ie: you have one account, 5 characters in leonis, 5 characters in draconis. You can play your char from leonis on the new server for 10minutes - bored? maybe play your char from draconis on this new server instead.
- what server you are from will be shown beside your character (below clan logo) as to solve people with multiple names. when whispering/adding put PersonsIGN-D ~ PersonsIGN-L

:lol: lets divide even more!

justkidding.
I'm sure something like this isn't possible from our DEVteam.

#73 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:15 PM

I'm opposed to server merge....

I'd be KOS'ed so bad.

:lol:

#74 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:32 PM

The technically solution for merging sever already proposed in last year. However, at this moment, I strongly oppose severs merge as a Leonis players. There are 2 main reasons for it:

1. It is not fair for Leonis to pick up the burden of Draconis server. We had repeatedly proposed a servers merge to save Draconis (more accurately to save both servers)when the burden wasn't too much. But we were also repeatedly shot down by Draconis players thus no actions was took to save any server. Now, the financial system in Draconis is near the point of collapse. If we merge the servers now, the Leonis server financial (economy) system may collapse, too. It is not fair for Leonis to face great danger to save someone, who turned their back to Leonis.

2. If we merge the servers, it will be vastly unfair for the average Leonis players in term of Zulie. Leonis players earn their zulie bit by bit. Draconis, however, dumps all its Zulie to selective few players since Draconis players quitted and dump their zulie into the market without care (huge and suddenly inflation in Draconis is the proof). As the result, those selective few players now have huge amount of Zulie in their account. If we merge now, those same selective few players will have overwhelming advantage in Zulie when we compare them with average Lenois players. That is just not fair at all. It is not fair for the average Leonis players to up against the entire Draconis's Zulie.

#75 tythemuss

tythemuss

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1112 posts
  • Server:Leonis / Draco

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:24 PM

I like how people drag out there comments to make it look like their trying to prove a point or seem intelligent when its mostly about crap, and that you could sum everything they said thats about 20ish sentences in about 2 sentences

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users