Say hullo to our Community Mods! - Page 5 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Say hullo to our Community Mods!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
131 replies to this topic

#101 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:55 PM

Is it safe to come in? *Gulps* :s

Hey all,

Welcome to the new Mods!

Im a long time stalker of Heimdallrs... I mean fan! Just dont let Zeppelin know.
Hmm, im not sure what i can say about the Naughty one. Im not really Naughty, but dont go spreading that around.
I came to Rose Online a good few years ago. Loved it from the moment i played it.
Its easy on the eye, like me in the mornings what? What i say?! WHAT? xD

Originally, im from England, now living in the USA. Addicted to Hot Tamales, Taco Bell and have a fear of all things Frogs and Squirrels.
I have been a Volunteer Mod in the Rose Online section for awhile now.
Few months ago, i married a fellow Mod. Although he is now retired from Moderating.

I must say, i have no regrets about my time here. Got to know, lots of different people, from all over the world. Its been great.
Now i better sneak on back out of here, before that rabble realise im gone...No rest for the wicked *coughs* i mean the good.

~Naughty by name, not by nature~
Wuz HeRe July 14th 2011

#102 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:58 PM

Is it safe to come in? *Gulps*

I usually don't bother asking.

#103 Renaldoo

Renaldoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:26 PM

Just a question, naughty, and I've always wondered this...

That girl in your sig-- why is her leg so long! When the other's so short... it looks so awkward.

#104 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:27 PM

Sera: Broken shin.

#105 Makk

Makk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Location@ work. always.
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:30 PM

foreshortening,

Still looks a little odd though.

#106 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:31 PM

Down woman. Down.

But... You do have a head start, if you know what I mean.

Dayum.

#107 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:49 PM

Opinionated mods can definitely be a good thing as long as they're willing to hear both sides of the story. I like having people that also play the game with you and have their own thoughts about what goes on.

It's definitely good to hear you enjoy what you guys do, Heim. Trying to have people that run a game that don't really care about it really sucks, I can say that from experience. @@ Good attitude as well... So many people don't even use the forums. I have to relay the news to about half my guildmates. @@

Hooray for boring lives. I need better IRL friends... They never ask me to do anything and flake out whenever I want to do something. SHOULD BE AT THE HARRY POTTER PREMIERE RIGHT NOW, BUT NOPE. /sigh

#108 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:00 PM

@Mods
before you take any disciplinary action against a suspected offender. Kindly check their track record. The user profile and his recent posts are easily available. I have seen my share of Trolls and Evil mods drunk with power :) .

#109 Makk

Makk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:19 PM

I promise that I will do my best to not Mod while drunk; on power or otherwise. :)

#110 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:10 AM

If you really want to know why some of the things I set as criteria for being asked to be a Mod it was the following.

• Been around awhile as a poster
  • The posts are intelligent and exhibit patience and understanding.
  • Isn't a reactive personality
  • Can follow the rules

3 out of 4 of those criteria certainly puts me out of the running for mod.

#111 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:12 AM

That girl in your sig-- why is her leg so long! When the other's so short... it looks so awkward.

I assume its a perspective angle. She's keeping one foot back and the other foot forward and is bent a little.

#112 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:33 AM

Hello everyone, my name is Atlas and I have a problem.

#113 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:36 AM

Hello Renaldoo :)
Thats a screenshot of my ingame character. Oh my, i had never noticed my longer leg :)
Aslong as my bum dont look big. All is well with the world!

#114 Renaldoo

Renaldoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:57 PM

Team Inubashiri! :)

Edited by Renaldoo, 15 July 2011 - 01:58 PM.

#115 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 07:28 AM

Hmm so you want my introduction..

Well I've been working here since just after the Transcendant update (I had applied 3 times prior starting in 2002). I've been playing since 2001, and the thing that attracted me to download RO was how free the camera was and how much freedom of movement there was. The way we (my friend and I) found RO was via a fanartist that did alot of work we looked at and a couple doodles were of RO characters, so we followed the Rabbit Trail and arrived at the ancient eRO site.

I went to skool got a degree then promptly had problems finding work, finally getting the call in to interview here was a god send and frankly a dream of mine at the time. I knew realistically it was a office job, not a fantasy game company kind of job like I've had so many relatives and younger friends ask. But what kept me working here through the years went beyond the fact I was working for a "game Company" or Ragnarok, it was the people I worked with. Working as a GM is stressful as it never ends, you can NEVER finish a project because there is always 1 more bot, one more report, one more email, and if you have all those done you literally have infinite things you could do like writing events, helping players etc to do. Gradually I moved around positions a bit to the fledgling RO CM position from a senior GM position I had prior. I've always been a part of the event process since I started, and I've always been more of a "do it for the community" mentality back when that wasn't my job.

So eventually it became my job and as we gradually transitioned to handling more event/update development work (rather than just translate and implement) I started to move more into planning stuff rather than just trying to be the community guy. A lesson learned over the years is that passion and ability can only take you so far when you have restrictions such as time/manpower. So gradually we became more of a team rather than a couple of GMs that put in what time we could for events. We started doing TONS of events because that was what we determined we needed. RO is a very Eastern style game that we are working with a Western audience, so we have worked very hard at trying to make the different gameplay styles work.

I think we have done very well from a game update side, and keeping events going constantly in-game, but we still have hard times with various issues. I personally hate when we put a lot of effort into something and it doesn't go well, worse when the angry kids come out and just crap over our creation. But I suppose those are the users, and the vocal angry kids really only amount to about 1% of the actual community, so the happy ones and the silent ones are what we now aim to please. By now I've developed the attitude "there is never enough time to be perfect, but every thing you do try to leave it better than it was"; and that is how we are working on events, to make them become a permanent asset so that new and old players can benefit from the updates and not have the steep decline that everyone has been saying will happen for the past 6 years :)

My personal life outside the company is really boring.. as anyone that has gone on the RWC or something can attest to. I'm an average person, that likes to stay home and watch old movies, read books and play whatever games I can with my friends, my work day is the most interesting thing about me. I guess I do have one interesting thing, I've not been bored, not even for one moment, since 2004, so thanks for that folks.:)

The people who speak out are the ones who have guts to stand up and say they don't like something. You'll get people who are just looking to pick a fight every now and then, sure.
It's also ignorant to assume that people are "angry kids" - A fair share of these people are more intelligent and educated than most of your GM team.
You guys do have your fair share of misses when it comes to understanding what people want (especially making your own class changes), but I think everyone can agree that the time and effort that you guys put in is appreciated.

When you guys do think of things outside the box that are refreshing and innovative, It's a real enjoyment.

#116 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:08 AM

You know, I was just starting to think that you sounded OK, then I read this.

I was just trying to be dramatic. But you should treat others nicely.

Anyway.. Right now my goal is to be the nicest moderator. If you need anything, feel free to pm me and I'll look at it I guess. I won't be unapproving billions of posts.. Like some.. (inside joke) Just lets all get a long and make the forums a nice place to be. Or we can try to. It's not always easy. Fights will happen. I've been in them. I may seem innocent but once upon a time, I let myself get carried away. It's going to happen. If we try amd respect each other and not do things to hurt each other then RO will be a happy place, like I remenber it to be. That was before we had forums though.

Edited by Maka, 18 July 2011 - 04:09 AM.

#117 Yanzan

Yanzan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey.
  • Server:Valk

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:39 AM

So is it true when the mod's , Oda and heim are together they form Captain Planet.

But the real question is who is Captain Planet.

on a side note welcome new Community Mods.

#118 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:52 AM

So is it true when the mod's , Oda and heim are together they form Captain Planet.

But the real question is who is Captain Planet.

on a side note welcome new Community Mods.

Oda is Captain Planet.

#119 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:01 AM

Oda is Captain Planet.

I can neither confirm nor deny that THE POWER IS YOURS!

#120 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:06 AM

I can neither confirm nor deny that THE POWER IS YOURS!

"iRO is in a world of peril! Heimdallr can no long stand the destruction of our community, he sends 5 magic rings to 5 special players...when their power is combined they summon iRO's greatest Champion Captain Oda!!"

k I'll stop there Posted Image

Edited by Inubashiri, 22 July 2011 - 10:12 AM.

#121 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:15 AM

Through the power of deforestation, super radiation, smog, toxics and hate, I call upon Captain Pollution!

#122 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:20 AM

I miss GM Shredder. Whatever happened to him? We never managed to get him an avatar after all...

#123 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:34 AM

The ninja turtles finally got him.

#124 Makk

Makk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:35 AM

"iRO is in a world of peril! Heimdallr can no long stand the destruction of our community, he sends 5 magic rings to 5 special players...when their power is combined they summon iRO's greatest Champion Captain Oda!!"

k I'll stop there Posted Image

So what ring to I get?

#125 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:35 AM

Mine is wind