• 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:27 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

Note: This material is in no way my own advertisement for a private server or in anyway associated with one. Any responses to that type of material will be handled in a
diciplinary manor by the Moderators and Community Managers.
This also is not an ad campaign of any kind, only my compendium of materials
for ROSE NA to review, and ideas the use.

Any material borrowed, referanced, or Inspirational Will be given
Credit at the Bottom of this first post.

Features:

Spoiler

Items:
small teaser inside

Spoiler

Armor: 32 new class sets / 8 new commons / 4 new rare-uniques
Sub-items: 16 new class backs / 8 new commons / 4 new rares
Consumables: 20 new potions / 10 new buff pots / 20 new damage scrolls *new content*
Spoiler

Classes & Skills:

Updated 8/13/2011 12:31 am GMT-8

Spoiler

System:

Spoiler

PAT

Spoiler

World:

Spoiler

Others:

Spoiler

Attempted deadline
january 1st 2012 to March 1st 2012 :thumb:

Notes of concern.
Copyright issues will be taken care of privately between myself and Gravity and are not a topic of this thread.
If you have any concerns, PM me about them.
Leave any questions, support, comments or constructive* criticism and I'll do my best to address them.

Credits:
PickUp for the Suggestion on a VERY good Charm system fix. Link to his page here.

Edited by Feuer, 29 October 2011 - 09:40 AM.

#2 ariza08

ariza08

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 287 posts
  • Server:Leonis / Draconis

Posted 16 July 2011 - 09:30 PM

Good luck on this, it seems this is alot of work to do :thumb:

#3 yeoldknight

yeoldknight

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationNone of your business
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 16 July 2011 - 09:42 PM

So you're going to code all this?

#4 Kittiz

Kittiz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • LocationSC, USA
  • Server:Both

Posted 16 July 2011 - 10:30 PM

So you're going to code all this?

And then give it to Gravity for free? Because I don't think they'll use it otherwise. s:

#5 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:20 PM

This isn't a realistic project. First, it would required a tremendous effort to code all the features above. Second, Gravity will not pay for any of your word except for a few hundred IM points, which is pointless as the payment. Third, the deadline for your project is too soon. You would need a team of at least 20-30 awesome programmers to be able to finish your project on time. Fourth, where do you get the fund for your project. Fifth, check for reference and copyright will take at least 6 months especial when you have many feature implement. Of course, you don't need to worry too much about this issue if you are a private server. However, when your server is an official server, you need to worry about these issues especially the copyright issue. With this 5 points, your project can't be done.

#6 yeoldknight

yeoldknight

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:32 PM

This isn't a realistic project. First, it would required a tremendous effort to code all the features above. Second, Gravity will not pay for any of your word except for a few hundred IM points, which is pointless as the payment. Third, the deadline for your project is too soon. You would need a team of at least 20-30 awesome programmers to be able to finish your project on time. Fourth, where do you get the fund for your project. Fifth, check for reference and copyright will take at least 6 months especial when you have many feature implement. Of course, you don't need to worry too much about this issue if you are a private server. However, when your server is an official server, you need to worry about these issues especially the copyright issue. With this 5 points, your project can't be done.

You're a very negative person.

#7 Lynchd

Lynchd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:42 PM

But it was based upon facts, all of that which he said is true and u would need alot of great programmers 2 do all that on time

#8 ariza08

ariza08

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 287 posts
  • Server:Leonis / Draconis

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:49 PM

But it was based upon facts, all of that which he said is true and u would need alot of great programmers 2 do all that on time

Maybe he got his own team programmers to do all of that project :thumb:

#9 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:59 AM

I'll be posting updates on this periodically. as far as the time line goes it's not impossible nor improbable.

20-30 people? you're joking right?
2 new classes for each 8 classes and 4 skills each is a major update....that takes no time at all to do.

and coding all of the above? nothing needs to be coded, it's all in the source already and simply needs to be added. :(

the hardest part will be the items, armor and maps. However my plan for most of those maps is quite simple. Using many different pre-designed tiles to make the new faction map, and clan field map, aswell as the Creation vs Corruption maps will be very easy and require no coding to make them.

Notably, the ONLY thing needing to be coded, is the Creation vs Corruption. This simply tho is easy aswell. See below

lets say the visitor class id is 0, i know from experience there are gaps in the identifiers that are assigned to each class.
so at the start up option, you need to make a file that adds the option to either be a visitor [id=0] or follower [id=5]. then simply adds that to the server to [through a series of files] display "follower" on your UI.

next you simply need to take each class, say hawker for example is ID 210. raider is 211. and scout is 213. append each "new" class as ex"shadower"[corruptions raider] as 213, and ex"sniper"[corruptions scout] as 214.

For each class you can use the same skill tree and change the colors of the effects to rendition a new look, and change effects aswell. say more AP but no DEF Debuff as an example. Edit the icons and done.

In the items files, You can take all the items and do the following.

use same mesh [.ZMS] and edit the texture [.DDS] to a new look.
Edit the zsc stl stb etc etc to contain new descriptors and stats / values etc.

Do this for each item [armor].
After this go in and change the file for said example armor/item and have it require the new "example 213" id instead of 211|212.

Inject them and your new class have new armor to diverse themselves in.

etc
etc

it's all easy to do if you have a brain and know what you're doing as I do. So try not to be so negative. the game is made, editing it is the easiest part, Gravity have been doing it for 5 years.

Also after soo many people trying to get a response from someone who knows what's going on, and not so much as a word about if they're even discussing these threads, I took it upon myself as a learning experience, fun, and self effort to help. So try not to be so negative, i understand if you want the game to stay the same and boring, but we dont :thumb:

Edited by Feuer, 17 July 2011 - 01:23 AM.

#10 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:34 AM

According to my last psychology evaluation, which required annually by my study program, I am a 20% optimistic and 80% realistic person.

I'll be posting updates on this periodically. as far as the time line goes it's not impossible nor improbable.

20-30 people? you're joking right?
2 new classes for each 8 classes and 4 skills each is a major update....that takes no time at all to do.

and coding all of the above? nothing needs to be coded, it's all in the source already and simply needs to be added. :thumb:

the hardest part will be the items, armor and maps. However my plan for most of those maps is quite simple. Using many different pre-designed tiles to make the new faction map, and clan field map, aswell as the Creation vs Corruption maps will be very easy and require no coding to make them.

Notably, the ONLY thing needing to be coded, is the Creation vs Corruption. This simply tho is easy aswell. See below

lets say the visitor class id is 0, i know from experience there are gaps in the identifiers that are assigned to each class.
so at the start up option, you need to make a file that adds the option to either be a visitor [id=0] or follower [id=5]. then simply adds that to the server to [through a series of files] display "follower" on your UI.

next you simply need to take each class, say hawker for example is ID 210. raider is 211. and scout is 213. append each "new" class as ex"shadower"[corruptions raider] as 213, and ex"sniper"[corruptions scout] as 214.

For each class you can use the same skill tree and change the colors of the effects to rendition a new look, and change effects aswell. say more AP but no DEF Debuff as an example. Edit the icons and done.

In the items files, You can take all the items and do the following.

use same mesh [.ZMS] and edit the texture [.DDS] to a new look.
Edit the zsc stl stb etc etc to contain new descriptors and stats / values etc.

Do this for each item [armor].
After this go in and change the file for said example armor/item and have it require the new "example 213" id instead of 211|212.

Inject them and your new class have new armor to diverse themselves in.

etc
etc

it's all easy to do if you have a brain and know what you're doing as I do. So try not to be so negative. the game is made, editing it is the easiest part, Gravity have been doing it for 5 years.

2 words, yada yada.....If you believe that I am wrong. Prove it to me that I am wrong. Instead of giving me your words, you should show me your works. This is the same with my teammate in the real-life group project that I had 3 months ago. He talked a lot as if he can finish the project alone within few days, but he couldn't do anything when we hit the project for real. In the end, I am the one who have to finish the project while he couldn't even analyze the data which I gave him even when I gave him an extra month to do it. Don't talk the talk, but do the walk and walk. Don't make the excuse. Don't ask us for donation and use it as your excuse to go back on your words. Don't forget that GRAVITY is cheap and wouldn't pay anything for your works (except for a few hundred IM points). Now, show it to me. I am more than happy if you can prove me wrong.

Edited by ChampPower, 17 July 2011 - 03:33 AM.

#11 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:44 AM

Don't shout, and don't insult me, im not begging for money, that's what i work for. I'm doing this out of the generosity of my heart. Also, I'm not you're friend, you don't know anything about me, and you have no reason to be judgemental about my ability, which is what realists are, judgemental and biased to their own belief of how they themselves interpret the world around them. That's the commoners difference between being realistic and factual. :thumb:

#12 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 03:29 AM

Don't shout, and don't insult me, im not begging for money, that's what i work for. I'm doing this out of the generosity of my heart. Also, I'm not you're friend, you don't know anything about me, and you have no reason to be judgemental about my ability, which is what realists are, judgemental and biased to their own belief of how they themselves interpret the world around them. That's the commoners difference between being realistic and factual. :thumb:

First, it doesn't mean I shout at you when I type in cap. I type in cap because I want people pay more attention to that part. I will edit it to bold with normal typing if you want to. If you still feel that I insult/belittle you after my explanation above, I am apology.

Second, being realistic and being biased are totally different areas. Being realistic means you base your believe in your past experience or proven fact to make an education guess. Being biased means you base you feeling above the fact to distort the fact to your believe. Judgement is the final product of being realistic or being biased. If you based your judgement on the fact (being realistic), your judgement will most likely be correct. If you based your judgement on feeling (being biased), your judgement will sometime be correct and sometime be incorrect, but the probability of being incorrect is a lot higher than being correct. For example, you said the person A is bad. If you give the evidence to prove person A is bad, you are a realistic person because you based on the fact. However, if you do not give any evidence to prove person A is bad, you are a biased person because bad and good is just a concept to your believe. You may see him as a bad person while other people see him as a good person. Everything in my previous post is based on my previous experiment or fact. Of course, there are some exceptions to everything. Of course, I don't know your own abilities. You maybe special than other people. Who would have known? So can you tell me how do you plan to solve your copyright issue in such a short time? You can't by pass the copyright issue without putting your company (or GRAVITY in this case) at risk. You have to clear the copyright issue before you do anything else, and the procedure for solving copyright issue is a step-by-step process thus consuming a long time.

Third, designing a new class and map sound easy, but it is very difficult to do when you hit the project. bug, balance, design, new skills, and quest are something you have to worry about when you create just one new class, and how many new classes and maps did you want to create in 6-9 months when you are alone with the project? I don't know about you, but the company, which creates a game that my brother is playing, need a year to create 1 new class along with some EQ and quest for that class. Of course, if you do not care about the quality, you need less time to create new classes and maps, but if you do not care about the quality, then why did you pick up the project in hope to improve the game in the first place? Do you want to make the game better or make it worse? Take your pick.

Lastly, of course, I want you to prove me wrong, but from the first glare, your project is doom before it start especially with the time line.

Edited by ChampPower, 17 July 2011 - 03:42 AM.

#13 FeedisArti

FeedisArti

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 678 posts
  • LocationLeeuwarden

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:17 AM

The plan sounds awesome. It would be a very big deal if you can finish all this in the time you are saying! Though if I may give one suggestion. How do you want the game to use these new faction and clanwar maps? I feel like the idea that you have for this is; there also would be a different UW for each map. But I think there are too little players to have that many different maps/locations for UWs. So my idea is to just have the total of 4 UW maps and have it select a random map everytime a UW starts or let players pick the map they want to play when they sign up for UW. If this was already your idea I didn't say nothing!
I wish you a lot of luck and it's highly appreciated by me and many others!

#14 calaaniwygen

calaaniwygen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:20 AM

I for one am intrigued by the project. It looks like a lot of work, but as you stated, most of it is already in the client. Not to mention that the Rose engine is a lot more versatile than it is being used for currently.

As you said, the big hurdle will be the new worlds and maps, since those take quite some time to streamline.

@ChampPower if you want to see some of his work, go to the Creative Contraptions section of the Rose foums, and see some of the 3D work he has posted. There is no point in being as judgmental as you are. This is a nice effort, and regardless of what you think, people do do things out of the sheer goodness in them. Not everything is for money. In Feuers case, this could easilly lead to a bigger project later on, and using this as a basis is good.

#15 Aviv4

Aviv4

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 484 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 17 July 2011 - 05:03 AM

And then give it to Gravity for free? Because I don't think they'll use it otherwise. s:

To be more specific - if he pays them, maybe they will use it.

And good luck. :thumb:

#16 Kittiz

Kittiz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • LocationSC, USA
  • Server:Both

Posted 17 July 2011 - 08:15 AM

To be more specific - if he pays them, maybe they will use it.

And good luck. :thumb:

I doubt they'd ask for money in order to use user-made content. But I also highly doubt they'd pay him. MAYBE they'd give him credit for it.

Either way,

This is quite an impressive task, and I look forward to seeing your progress, Feuer! Good luck to you! [:

#17 shokwavez

shokwavez

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationOn the mat
  • Server:LEONIS

Posted 17 July 2011 - 08:22 AM

Heyy Ripped! :thumb:

And Wow. I knew you told me you did a little here and there. But this blows my mind :mwahaha:

Really looking forward to that day!! Once again hope all goes well! :(

#18 bluehell

bluehell

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1603 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:52 AM

R.O.S.E. Episode II

Project outline

Features:

Spoiler

Items:
Spoiler

Classes & Skills:
Spoiler

System:
Spoiler

PAT
Spoiler

World:
Spoiler

Others:
Spoiler

Attempted deadline
january 1st 2012 to March 1st 2012 :(

Gravity should just fire their dev team, and hire people like you and rescudo... You guys do what they do in a week in just 2 hours pretty much.... if not more :thumb:

#19 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:54 AM

Gravity should just fire their dev team, and hire people like you and rescudo... You guys do what they do in a week in just 2 hours pretty much.... if not more :thumb:

Yeah thats true, but the problem however is that Gravity won't hire people who aren't in the Montreal Bay area to dev for them.

#20 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:56 AM

Yeah thats true, but the problem however is that Gravity won't hire people who aren't in the Montreal Bay area to dev for them.

I believe Genesis was from a different country - and they hired him; He moved to their location. :thumb:

#21 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:24 AM

Unfortunately tho I have a child and a family so I can't move.

#22 Zayin

Zayin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:26 AM

Unfortunately, I have to agree with ChampsPower's first post. I highly doubt a single person can model, texturize and program all this stuff in less than a year, especially if that person works or goes to school. Implementing 3 planets would take a lot of time and effort, unless you don't mind creating crappy content. Moreover, character designing and storyline writing makes the task even harder. Good luck on creating part of that list, that's gonna be good enough already :thumb:.

Montreal Bay? Isn't Gravity located in California? Montreal's in Canada lol. If they were established in Montreal I'd be trying to get an internship there right away xD!

#23 bluehell

bluehell

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1603 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:33 AM

I beg to differ... It may take an enormous amount of effort, but it is do-able. As long as Feuer doesnt have to "Do" attitude of the devs, im sure he could do it. He does as much as the devs do in a week in 2-4 hours. :thumb: I highly support this. And yes.. when you think of it.. a few hundred item mall points for doing work that would take the devs 10 years is kinda crappy... but item mall points are very "precious" so to say now. There arent many people that sell their points for zulie anymore.

#24 yeoldknight

yeoldknight

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:38 AM

One thing you have not planned for is all the bug/glitches this will make. Imagine all the debugging you will have to done once this is released!
But considering all the work you have commited to, I give you props, and wish you very good luck!

Edited by yeoldknight, 17 July 2011 - 11:40 AM.

#25 Zayin

Zayin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:42 AM

One thing you have not planned for is all the bug/glitches this will make. Imagine all the debugging you will have to done once this is released!
But considering all the work you have commited to, I give you props, and wish you very good luck!

Yeah, that also! There's a reason why several videogame companies have hundred to thousands of employees :thumb:!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users