R.O.S.E. Season II - Page 2 - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 9 votes

R.O.S.E. Season II

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
310 replies to this topic

#26 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:43 AM

Unfortunately, I have to agree with ChampsPower's first post. I highly doubt a single person can model, texturize and program all this stuff in less than a year, especially if that person works or goes to school. Implementing 3 planets would take a lot of time and effort, unless you don't mind creating crappy content. Moreover, character designing and storyline writing makes the task even harder. Good luck on creating part of that list, that's gonna be good enough already :thumb:.

Montreal Bay? Isn't Gravity located in California? Montreal's in Canada lol. If they were established in Montreal I'd be trying to get an internship there right away xD!

And even if he could do this in the timeframe given- Gravity wont accept it; They'd have to pick through all the coding to make sure that he didn't implement some sort of bug that he alone could exploit, b it for zullie ect.

- Unless you're doing all this work to create your own pserver; your attempts at all this is meaningless - the weapons however yea sure go nutts.... Just know you'll be doing all of this work for a slim to nil chance of them even implementing it in game.

Edited by CaNehDa, 17 July 2011 - 11:55 AM.

#27 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:50 AM

Ty to both of you YeOld and Blue

whatever i make by the end of the deadline, I'll submit to gravity, for free, and they can just suck it up and re-open the pegasus test server. :(

and btw heres what ive managed in about 2 hours today. daughter is pestering me over watching disney movies lmfao
Posted Image

@ Canehda
Really? I mean really..
1. I play ROSE for FUN not to hack the hell out of it.
2. I have no interest in bugging the game for ANY reason and making it into the source code "rofl" they'll be getting an un-compiled file system in C++ and .H [header/library] files. So they can clearly READ all the code. -slaps-
3. MOST of this work, id either 3D design, STL/STB/ZSC editing, re-texturing, and adding new meshes/old ones in new orders to create new sequences.
4. probly the most important. dont be a hater :thumb:

Edited by Feuer, 17 July 2011 - 12:01 PM.

#28 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:12 PM

whatever i make by the end of the deadline, I'll submit to gravity, for free, and they can just suck it up and re-open the pegasus test server. :(

and btw heres what ive managed in about 2 hours today. daughter is pestering me over watching disney movies lmfao
Posted Image

The quality is exactly what i thought when you are in rush. It good for the first draft though, and it is only part of 1 area in your maps.

@ Canehda
Really? I mean really..
2. I have no interest in bugging the game for ANY reason and making it into the source code "rofl" they'll be getting an un-compiled file system in C++ and .H [header/library] files. So they can clearly READ all the code. -slaps-
3. MOST of this work, id either 3D design, STL/STB/ZSC editing, re-texturing, and adding new meshes/old ones in new orders to create new sequences.

Let's face it. GRAVITY is a company. It isn't it that they don't trust you, but they wouldn't want to put their company and their products at risk on the hand of an outsider even if risk factor is just 0.0000000000000000000001%. We do not hate you. In fact, we are rooting for you. However, We also are realistic people, and the truth isn't always what people like to hear.

#29 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:26 PM

Let's face it. GRAVITY is a company. It isn't it that they don't trust you, but they wouldn't want to put their company and their products at risk on the hand of an outsider even if risk factor is just 0.0000000000000000000001%. We do not hate you. In fact, we are rooting for you. However, We also are realistic people, and the truth isn't always what people like to hear.

+1

I don't hate you Feuer - I might not particularly like you; But I don't hate you - Only 1 person in this game do I completely and utterly despise.

I wish you all the best on doing this - I'm just trying to make sure you don't get your hopes up.

Edited by CaNehDa, 17 July 2011 - 12:26 PM.

#30 Zayin

Zayin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:35 PM

Exactly. There is no way Gravity can tell if you have good intentions or want to abuse the game. Still, I suppose they could make you sign a contract to ensure your content is safe. Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to implement good quality items created by the players since 3D models can't be exploited :(.

Anyhow, as long as you have fun creating your content, I'm all with you :thumb:.

Edited by Zayin, 17 July 2011 - 01:38 PM.

#31 yeoldknight

yeoldknight

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationNone of your business

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:39 PM

Posted Image

@ Canehda
Really? I mean really..

Holy f*&^ing S%*& That's epic!!

#32 yeoldknight

yeoldknight

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:43 PM

+1

I don't hate you Feuer - I might not particularly like you; But I don't hate you - Only 1 person in this game do I completely and utterly despise.

I wish you all the best on doing this - I'm just trying to make sure you don't get your hopes up.

IS THAT MEEEE? :thumb:

I think so!

#33 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:56 PM

IS THAT MEEEE? :(

I think so!

Nope - But I don't want this topic to turn into a guessing game on that so please dissregard that comment and lets carry on with on topic posts :thumb:

#34 yeoldknight

yeoldknight

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 02:07 PM

Nope - But I don't want this topic to turn into a guessing game on that so please dissregard that comment and lets carry on with on topic posts :thumb:

umad?!

#35 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 July 2011 - 02:09 PM

Good luck.

#36 lBlu

lBlu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 02:13 PM

Good Luck :thumb:

#37 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 02:35 PM

I beg to differ... It may take an enormous amount of effort, but it is do-able. As long as Feuer doesnt have to "Do" attitude of the devs, im sure he could do it. He does as much as the devs do in a week in 2-4 hours. :thumb: I highly support this. And yes.. when you think of it.. a few hundred item mall points for doing work that would take the devs 10 years is kinda crappy... but item mall points are very "precious" so to say now. There arent many people that sell their points for zulie anymore.

The biggest of the problems that nobody has discussed is that Gravity will never accept such a massive community effort. The developers will find a billion reasons not to do it...the biggest of which is that they won't like the competition...sets a dangerous president when Gravity ponders why they can't get a better amount of content out on time. This thread is an utter waste of time(no offense intended fuere) as you could make a pot of gold, wrap it in platinum and diamonds, and they would ignore/fail it.

No, this diseased death ship of a game is going to keep on its predetermined direction until Gravity wrecks it on the bitter rocks of reality. There is NOTHING that any of us can do about it...pretending otherwise is a fallacy. Being hopeful is nice but you need to understand that nothing will change. They won't/can't even accept community creations other than load screens.

#38 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 02:42 PM

They won't/can't even accept community creations other than load screens.[/b]

As i stated previously - they will also accept his weapon suggestions - but it's doubtful It would be implemented. :thumb:

#39 Stompage

Stompage

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 02:54 PM

i dont see why.
like, gravity sucks at releasing stuf, seriously. like 6 months and all they really did is pimp out the IM and screw up drop tables and take out one of the most useful glitches ever.

if they dont accept this they are retarded. what fuerer is doing and in HIS timeline i think he could do it. if gravity tried what he is doin, it would take them 7 years or more.

gogogogo furerererer!!!!! DO IT!

if they dont accept it, and they dont release anything themselves, this game will crash and they will get no money from IM and they will be out of jobs. and at the rate they work noone will hire them. GG

#40 shokwavez

shokwavez

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationOn the mat
  • Server:LEONIS

Posted 17 July 2011 - 03:07 PM

i dont see why.
like, gravity sucks at releasing stuf, seriously. like 6 months and all they really did is pimp out the IM and screw up drop tables and take out one of the most useful glitches ever.

if they dont accept this they are retarded. what fuerer is doing and in HIS timeline i think he could do it. if gravity tried what he is doin, it would take them 7 years or more.

gogogogo furerererer!!!!! DO IT!

if they dont accept it, and they dont release anything themselves, this game will crash and they will get no money from IM and they will be out of jobs. and at the rate they work noone will hire them. GG

Lawl. Agree.

#41 PigGoesQuack

PigGoesQuack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 03:40 PM

Hope you realize if these do become implemented, it will be in the next generation of our kids, kids ,kids.

#42 Zayin

Zayin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:35 PM

The biggest of the problems that nobody has discussed is that Gravity will never accept such a massive community effort. The developers will find a billion reasons not to do it...the biggest of which is that they won't like the competition...sets a dangerous president when Gravity ponders why they can't get a better amount of content out on time. This thread is an utter waste of time(no offense intended fuere) as you could make a pot of gold, wrap it in platinum and diamonds, and they would ignore/fail it.

No, this diseased death ship of a game is going to keep on its predetermined direction until Gravity wrecks it on the bitter rocks of reality. There is NOTHING that any of us can do about it...pretending otherwise is a fallacy. Being hopeful is nice but you need to understand that nothing will change. They won't/can't even accept community creations other than load screens.

How do you know they'll never accept user created content? What if it's good enough and offered for free? I'm not saying they're going to implement Feuer's stuff, but I doubt you know the company enough to assert such things. However, I honestly wonder how one can bear offering hours of work for free to a company. I would for a community project, but not to a company :thumb:.

#43 yeoldknight

yeoldknight

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:46 PM

Hope you realize if these do become implemented, it will be in the next generation of our kids, kids ,kids.

Ahem, What about December 21, 2012?! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!! IT'S A FREAKING CONSPIRACY MAN!!

#44 calaaniwygen

calaaniwygen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:48 PM

Actually, we already have user created content. YukiChan has actively released certain items that are available ingame. All that was needed was a butt load of paperwork that needed to be signed at the beginning and end.

Not to mention, a small contribution but a contribution none the less, the facial designs quite a while back.
So do not say never ever ever. Since if it is quality work and you are willing to sign away your rights to the content, then yes, there is a pretty decent likelyhood that it might get implemented.

Feuer, do not listen to the negative, pessimistic people. I know you can see the big picture while a lot of the people on the forum can't.

+1

#45 yeoldknight

yeoldknight

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:51 PM

Actually, we already have user created content. YukiChan has actively released certain items that are available ingame. All that was needed was a butt load of paperwork that needed to be signed at the beginning and end.

Not to mention, a small contribution but a contribution none the less, the facial designs quite a while back.
So do not say never ever ever. Since if it is quality work and you are willing to sign away your rights to the content, then yes, there is a pretty decent likelyhood that it might get implemented.

Feuer, do not listen to the negative, pessimistic people. I know you can see the big picture while a lot of the people on the forum can't.

+1

THANK YOU!! You took the words right outta my mouth, and you had backup to prove them! +1

#46 Hitman2506

Hitman2506

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • LocationUSA!
  • Server:Leonis FTW

Posted 17 July 2011 - 05:10 PM

it will take probably 7-10 yrs for this game to finish and 10-13 yrs for it to be perfect. i wont be playing by then unfortunatley

#47 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 05:41 PM

THANK YOU!! You took the words right outta my mouth, and you had backup to prove them! +1

like I said, stuff like maps, textures, and things of this nature could be implemented- but actual scripted code isn't worth it to them to pick through all of the script, they might as well write it themself

(a person could be implementing a glitch in game that they could take advantage of)

I'm not trying to say that this is Feuers grand scheme, but it's not worth the risk to gravity.

Edited by CaNehDa, 17 July 2011 - 05:42 PM.

#48 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 06:37 PM

well done Feuer! my utmost respect to u! yes, it looks challenging on the timeline.... but at least you are man enuff to have such plan and commitment! your hardwork definately put certain peoples in shame....
half a year is a long time and surely can complete a pretty big project if any capable team putting enough effort on the right item....

#49 yeoldknight

yeoldknight

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:00 PM

like I said, stuff like maps, textures, and things of this nature could be implemented- but actual scripted code isn't worth it to them to pick through all of the script, they might as well write it themself

(a person could be implementing a glitch in game that they could take advantage of)

I'm not trying to say that this is Feuers grand scheme, but it's not worth the risk to gravity.

Why spend 10 months coding something just so you can exploit a glitch that will soon be found, instead of just making the money in game?

#50 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:16 PM

Why spend 10 months coding something just so you can exploit a glitch that will soon be found, instead of just making the money in game?

All glitches are not always likely to be found(and reported) - I'm sure there is an infanite zully glitch in naROSE - this is how the zullie sellers make their zullies; at an alarming rate.

The only proof of this I have is hearsay. - But I have heard this from respectable sources, including(not limited to) the lead admin of a pserver. Whome claims there are 3 different ways to exploit such glitch, He claims he could make 30billion zullie in 30 minutes; sell it - and make a killing.

But please - If you ; Or anyone else wishes to continue this discusion, please open a new thread and name it "Zullie Sellers Conspericy theorys" or you're more then welcome to PM me.

Otherwise; lets not derail this thread.

Edited by CaNehDa, 17 July 2011 - 07:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users