KSing by Well known members of the Community - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 8 votes

KSing by Well known members of the Community

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#26 jax5

jax5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:49 AM

I honestly KS royal guards reflecting for poor damage and not using any skills with no remorse. Even moreso if they're using an elemental sword in AL3. I won't even let them finish gathering a mob and I don't care. Everyone else I avoid KSing intentionally but seriously don't PM me if I accidentally kill 3 monsters one time in an hour. I really REALLY don't care rofl. See you in AL3 during the exp event next week :33

What's up with the RG that try to RD level using an apparent high amount of reductions and guard? I probably wouldn't KS them (just personal choice), but I can't help notice how inefficient it is when it's easily in their control to increase kill rate.

#27 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:06 AM

What's up with the RG that try to RD level using an apparent high amount of reductions and guard? I probably wouldn't KS them (just personal choice), but I can't help notice how inefficient it is when it's easily in their control to increase kill rate.

If Devs could just fix Kaahi not to stack with Reflect Skill... /e5

#28 eddie242424

eddie242424

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:29 AM

I honestly KS royal guards reflecting for poor damage and not using any skills with no remorse. Even moreso if they're using an elemental sword in AL3. I won't even let them finish gathering a mob and I don't care. Everyone else I avoid KSing intentionally but seriously don't PM me if I accidentally kill 3 monsters one time in an hour. I really REALLY don't care rofl. See you in AL3 during the exp event next week :33

i dont know you, but i like you

#29 kati3

kati3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBehind you
  • Server:Classic

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:36 AM

Whats up with RG's that pull monsters to the entrance of the map when they run out of kaahi? If i ran out of kaahi I used to make sure that I killed the monsters before going to the entrance of magma2.
This particular RG called Graphite, runs out of the portal, kaahi's and runs back in. Which results in my baby wanderer dying every 5 minutes to a mob of monsters just because a dumb RG cant play his class.
And when I PM him to stop that I get a reply "Ohhh.. what will you do? I'm pissing my pants."

Its Ok to KS such people who take away exp from you intentionally, just to get it back. ;P

#30 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:42 AM

Whats up with RG's that pull monsters to the entrance of the map when they run out of kaahi? If i ran out of kaahi I used to make sure that I killed the monsters before going to the entrance of magma2.
This particular RG called Graphite, runs out of the portal, kaahi's and runs back in. Which results in my baby wanderer dying every 5 minutes to a mob of monsters just because a dumb RG cant play his class.
And when I PM him to stop that I get a reply "Ohhh.. what will you do? I'm pissing my pants."

Its Ok to KS such people who take away exp from you intentionally, just to get it back. ;P

Not just RGs, ppl who depend to Kaahi when they ran out of effect, they do their best to exit portal with a bunch of mobs behind em. Can't do anything about players that couldnt play their class well... Maybe you can report em by "Mob training pulling to ppl" but not sure if tickets can help out... /e5

#31 kati3

kati3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:51 AM

Not just RGs, ppl who depend to Kaahi when they ran out of effect, they do their best to exit portal with a bunch of mobs behind em. Can't do anything about players that couldnt play their class well... Maybe you can report em by "Mob training pulling to ppl" but not sure if tickets can help out... /e5

Yes, its really easy to just switch to a spear and use overbrand before going near the entrance, but no they are too lazy to do that or maybe they are trying to overbrand with moonlight lol.
I couldn't think of a reason to put for the report but I'll try what you just said.

Edited by kati3, 19 July 2011 - 03:51 AM.

#32 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:03 AM

Yes, its really easy to just switch to a spear and use overbrand before going near the entrance, but no they are too lazy to do that or maybe they are trying to overbrand with moonlight lol.
I couldn't think of a reason to put for the report but I'll try what you just said.

Yep, they dont switch OB, they mostly "WING-OUT" when they are almost dying... /e5

#33 Savvi

Savvi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:47 AM

Yep, they dont switch OB, they mostly "WING-OUT" when they are almost dying... /e5

That's what I hate the most about Reflect Damage RG. When things get out of hand, they wing away and my party gets swarmed by 20+ mobs.

I always get nervous when there's a RD RG around.

#34 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:15 AM

Genetics piss me off. But, pneuma > them.

#35 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:06 AM

lol same thing happened to me except for the part of dying, these RG's pull their mob to the entrance and since they can't kill them i finish the job for them and they whine about KS B) when they are blocking the passage for other people.

#36 kati3

kati3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:13 AM

lol same thing happened to me except for the part of dying, these RG's pull their mob to the entrance and since they can't kill them i finish the job for them and they whine about KS B) when they are blocking the passage for other people.

The thing is that I usually have 2 accounts open. I cloak to get to the other side and then switch to the other account and kill stuff with even share. So when such a thing happens, I have to kill stuff on both accounts simultaneously, which results in either character not being concentrated upon. I usually survive this but when a mob of monsters is too big, a baby wanderer class can only hope the monsters die to SR before they reach the wanderer.
Now I'm using my friend's Hatii Armor to save me from such an 'attack'.

#37 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:44 AM

Maybe if Reflect RGs didn't get KS'd so much they would actually care if you died to doormob.

#38 kati3

kati3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:54 AM

Maybe if Reflect RGs didn't get KS'd so much they would actually care if you died to doormob.

I play a reflect RG too and I don't vent my frustration on random people if i get KS'd, nor will i pull monsters to the entrance on purpose.

Edit: Also it is player harassment to gather mobs of monsters and dump them on other people's characters.

Edited by kati3, 19 July 2011 - 08:56 AM.

#39 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:56 AM

They pull it on the entrance for their own convenience so they can re-kahii and pick them up again. They don't care about people, they deserve to get KS'd.

#40 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:07 AM

in renewal, it's more like thanks for gettin a mob dumped on you, please continue to do so

#41 kati3

kati3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:19 AM

in renewal, it's more like thanks for gettin a mob dumped on you, please continue to do so

No. Not if the mob has only like 10% Hp remaining and on an agi character with only 6-9k HP.
Also I barely get any exp from it.

#42 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:44 AM

if the mob has less than 10% hp then i doubt he is purposely "gathering" monsters like you say and dropping them on you

#43 kati3

kati3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:51 AM

if the mob has less than 10% hp then i doubt he is purposely "gathering" monsters like you say and dropping them on you

You clearly don't know about RD RG's.
When Kaahi runs out they have no option but to wing/endure+run which results in, him dropping his mobs over other players once he exits the portal.
It takes less than a second to switch to a spear and OB the mob, but I don't see that happening. Thats a sign of a fail player.
Dont tell me that he didn't realize that someone else at the entrance would be suffering because he can't press 2 buttons.

#44 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:06 AM

ive helped a friend lvl his rg to 150 and it's a breeze. if you say the reason is because the kaahi runs out, then that is not "purposely" dropping the mob. he then has no other choice if he doesnt feel like potting it and finishing it off or killing them with another skill. it could be lazy, it could be fail like you said, it could be a bunch of things. he obviously can press two buttons, just different ones if he wings/endures

it can be looked at in two ways though. from the rg perpective, he knows that the mob will sooner or later be killed because they have low hp or that you are there killing stuff too. him dropping em off and rebuffing up wouldnt necessarily make him a fail rg but potentailly efficient in pots/etc in quickly going back to rekaahi. if the mob is for some reason not that big and you get anymore atm because you see people around you killing, then it's natural for them to wing and drop em because it's not worth it to them to kill that mob. perhaps it may effect others that way, but most people i know wouldn't even care if a mob was dropped on them because mobs are extremely easy to kill these days for most chars, unless you are soloing on an ab. it's like a small added bonus exp tap.

the other thing is that they may just do it if they know you may not be able to handle it because they themselves get ksed so much so in the small chance they can make it harder on somoene, they would. look at the people posting in this thread. they dont mind ksing rgs, i dont mind ksing rgs. no one really minds ksing rgs, so they prob sure as hell don't care in doing what they do

Edited by Andini, 19 July 2011 - 10:13 AM.

#45 naseefc

naseefc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:08 AM

Random KSing doesn't bother me. More often than not it is not intentional I think when it is coming from a ranged aoe. What does bother me are people who walk up to you, ks you, then move on and keep doing it repeatedly. They can afford to do this because they know they will not be punished. Unfortunately there is little you can really do about this.

I have probably KSed my fair share during 2x spawns in magma... that is next to avoidable when you are near insta casting cart cannon and when you wing all you see a 20 mobs. Wing - CC - Wing - CC is what I was doing and I know I KSed a few people. The only person I was intentionally KSing was some sorc who was just running around slowly gathering mobs and not doing anything to kill them that I could see. And everytime he would PM me telling me how it was a 3-day ban and he was going to report me. What is funny is I saw him say the exact same thing to other people also.

I am digressing... my point is, most of the time people are not KSing you to be a jerk. Especially during 2x spawns, people can't even see you mobbing probably and KS you by mistake. So just take it easy, and move on. Now on a relatively empty map when a chaser runs up to you and drops a fire trap... that is something completely different and you should probably try to take a screenshot and report it (not that it will do anything other than make you feel like you are doing something about it). Or, a good way to take care of things is to grab an insta cast warlock/genetic and follow them around and KS them B)

#46 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:16 AM

any decent player (non megged genetic) if they are getting ksed here and there will just move on and continue with lvling. you're just effecting your lvling if you take time to screenshot and follow a person. hell if you two are efficient killers, just party with the new party system and make more exp

#47 naseefc

naseefc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:27 AM

any decent player (non megged genetic) if they are getting ksed here and there will just move on and continue with lvling. you're just effecting your lvling if you take time to screenshot and follow a person. hell if you two are efficient killers, just party with the new party system and make more exp

Yup that's exactly what I said. Best thing to do is to move on. But if you are really annoyed, there are options...

#48 kati3

kati3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:30 AM

ive helped a friend lvl his rg to 150 and it's a breeze. if you say the reason is because the kaahi runs out, then that is not "purposely" dropping the mob. he then has no other choice if he doesnt feel like potting it and finishing it off or killing them with another skill. it could be lazy, it could be fail like you said, it could be a bunch of things. he obviously can press two buttons, just different ones if he wings/endures

it can be looked at in two ways though. from the rg perpective, he knows that the mob will sooner or later be killed because they have low hp or that you are there killing stuff too. him dropping em off and rebuffing up wouldnt necessarily make him a fail rg but potentailly efficient in pots/etc in quickly going back to rekaahi. if the mob is for some reason not that big and you get anymore atm because you see people around you killing, then it's natural for them to wing and drop em because it's not worth it to them to kill that mob. perhaps it may effect others that way, but most people i know wouldn't even care if a mob was dropped on them because mobs are extremely easy to kill these days for most chars, unless you are soloing on an ab. it's like a small added bonus exp tap.

the other thing is that they may just do it if they know you may not be able to handle it because they themselves get ksed so much so in the small chance they can make it harder on somoene, they would. look at the people posting in this thread. they dont mind ksing rgs, i dont mind ksing rgs. no one really minds ksing rgs, so they prob sure as hell don't care in doing what they do

You are right about some of the stuff. But doing something wrong just because others think it's "ok to do so" isn't acceptable behavior either.
Also read my posts above, I'm on another character at the same time. Even if I wasn't it is NOT acceptable behaviour to drop a mob on someone else repeatedly. I dont mind if it's 2-3 monsters but a crap load of monsters following a fail RG and then turning onto me is really annoying. I dont mind mobs being dropped on my main character etc but on an alt which is a low level character it sucks. And.. efficient at potting? No. How much more efficient do you wanna be for free HP/SP from kaahi and moonie? LOL
And... anyways its not like I didn't get back at him. But I KS'd him because of his actions and wouldn't have done so if he didn't pull monsters over my wanderer. Yeah, going over to the dark side feels good. B)

Edited by kati3, 19 July 2011 - 11:00 AM.

#49 kati3

kati3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:46 AM

Also @ niggaqui, for a person with 0 posts you sure seem to have an interest in giving me -1's without actually adding anything better than me to say.

#50 jax5

jax5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:59 AM

From what I've experienced in turn-in groups, RG using RD to level seem to be a popularly justified class to target for KSing. They pretty much get singled out more than any other class for being KS'd.

Any RG player that simply and equally reflects back ordinary treatment done to them would seem to me to be unlikely to give back even common courtesy in terms of clearing a mob before going out of a portal to re-buff (since common courtesy isn't ordinarily shown to them).

Edited by jax5, 19 July 2011 - 11:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users