• Please log in to reply
390 replies to this topic

#376 OFireO

OFireO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:16 PM

The sd cd is pretty much their only weakness. Putting mobility as a weakness makes no sense, as movement speed stacking is quite possible and results in devastating effects. I just feel like the class shouldn't change at all. By the way, how much testing have you done with your "useless" actives? You'd be surprised how some skills can be used.

What I mean by mobility is like when we attack we cant cast out attacks on the field to attack and walk away while its attacking unless you include the slow wrestler, when you see your team mate gets attacked you can be sure that we are around there not far(sd and incoming bear sure can keep someone down but that's pretty much the only skill we can use to keep someone down from far and the time it stops the enemy is not enough we have to go in close range to help but our skills are somewhat easy to stop). So I mean the weakness of our class is when in team battle it's hard for us to keep opponents down for long enough to save our team mates. The skills we use to save our team mates includes a lot of risk that will let us join the dying party. Cast skills allows you to cast it and move on, that gives you less risk of joining the dying party when you are trying to help. And because you can cast it and move around I say the mobility is higher. Example: Spin it Bear, Traps, Tank, Bliizard, Lightning ball(i like to call it like this =p) and so on. I don't think I am talking bullshxt here because if you look at all classes except Twin Fighters they have some sort of casting skill or skill that can either stun or freeze at a good range for enough time, which is useful in team battles. Overlords can keep someone down if we stay around that area, but in team battle using cast skills to help really has less risk than overlords skills.

And yea I do test the useless skills and I still don't find magnum break or Whirlwind any good especially Whirlwind lol... I do use Death bound because of its debuff but if you know please tell me what use do the magnum break and Whirlwind have for in combos?? xD Don't tell me it burns xd. Dashing Blow is for fun xD its bleeding isn't much either but I use it sometimes too. Wrath of Earth has a good range but it's smaller in pvp than pve and its slow casting time and launching is not favorable for team battles, and because it's only one hit it's very possible that after you attack you won't even launch the enemies up due to different reasons, the use of Wrath of Earth is probably it's super armor? but anyways it will be the last skill I am getting. Death grab is good for it's super armor and stun but if you fail the stun you have a problem, you won't be able to take back your arm in time haha. And in my opinion it's kind of cheap to grab and stun them back after storms why not change it to other skills? xd
Please tell me what uses you think the skills I said have that are effective enough in pvp. I will see if I already knew the uses or haven't tested it yet.
EDIT: I have done ALOT of testing of the skills I thought useless and still if you can use them you may as well use other skills to deal more damage and effects so those skills weren't really needed(you can kind of use wrath of earth but other skills#11 not realy).

Edited by OFireO, 05 January 2012 - 11:46 PM.

#377 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:00 PM

I think your approach to playing an overlord is incorrect. You said yourself that you tend to play "suicidal", which is a problem itself. While overlords are a strong, damage-dealing class, I don't think that they should be played aggressively, especially in group PvP. Playing aggressively on an overlord tends to get you killed extremely easily. By playing defensively, you have the ability to enable a lot of combos for yourself and your teammates, which means that you're able to output high amounts of damage while having a supportive role. You said that overlords do not have any decent interrupt skills, but that's terribly wrong. Sword dance itself is a high duration interrupt on only a 2 second cooldown. In addition, you have both bears and stumble to help peel for your teammates. If your opponents choose to ignore the bear that deals multiple hits, it's an easy setup for a stun/freeze combo. If they get hit by stumblebum, that's another easy setup for a combo. As an overlord in group PvP, you'd want to stay back and use your skills to save your teammates while enabling combos for your team -- this is what I mean by playing a defensive support role. By setting up these combos, it would ensure that your opponents are locked long enough for you to dish out your damage, whether it be ground or air depending on who your teammates on.

The reason why I wouldn't bother playing an overlord is because I tend to play aggressively. Being an overlord does not enable that type of play style. IMO, you should play overlords in PvP if you are someone who plays carefully while setting up opponents to take massive amounts of damage.

#378 OFireO

OFireO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:14 AM

I think your approach to playing an overlord is incorrect. You said yourself that you tend to play "suicidal", which is a problem itself. While overlords are a strong, damage-dealing class, I don't think that they should be played aggressively, especially in group PvP. Playing aggressively on an overlord tends to get you killed extremely easily. By playing defensively, you have the ability to enable a lot of combos for yourself and your teammates, which means that you're able to output high amounts of damage while having a supportive role. You said that overlords do not have any decent interrupt skills, but that's terribly wrong. Sword dance itself is a high duration interrupt on only a 2 second cooldown. In addition, you have both bears and stumble to help peel for your teammates. If your opponents choose to ignore the bear that deals multiple hits, it's an easy setup for a stun/freeze combo. If they get hit by stumblebum, that's another easy setup for a combo. As an overlord in group PvP, you'd want to stay back and use your skills to save your teammates while enabling combos for your team -- this is what I mean by playing a defensive support role. By setting up these combos, it would ensure that your opponents are locked long enough for you to dish out your damage, whether it be ground or air depending on who your teammates on.

The reason why I wouldn't bother playing an overlord is because I tend to play aggressively. Being an overlord does not enable that type of play style. IMO, you should play overlords in PvP if you are someone who plays carefully while setting up opponents to take massive amounts of damage.

Thank you for replying. I agree with almost everything you say and the part about me playing suicidal is just joking =P even though I kind of do xd, but when the team is losing I will get my head back to thinking and do what I should do =P. But what I said about lower mobility as an overlord doesn't mean that I can't work with it. Sword dance is useful yes but what I said about cast skills is different with how we use SD and Bears and stumble, etc. I do think we have a lower mobility that's also why we have to play the defensive way like you said in team PvPs. Don't worry about the suicidal part xd I do play defensively when I have to xd.

Edited by OFireO, 07 January 2012 - 04:15 AM.

#379 ZeroTanker

ZeroTanker

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:14 AM

Of course, all jobs have a stun debuff right granadiers? but still, that's not the point, the fact is if a harlaquin fight against a paladin, of course it may stun with rocket punch, this would be followed by a final decision? would be the best choice but to continue the combo should make him knock back, wich it doesnt by impervion,ok otherwise Ninja vs Paladin, in this case would be a little equal, but if the ninja throws daggers next what will see is a sword dance by the paladin becouse that daggers will make you not knock back, otherwise Myrmidon vs Paladin, here would basically sword dance vs sword dance which, if the Myrmidon does make the blow did not cause any reacts by impervion followed that the sword dance of the paladin will be as effective as in other clases.

What I mean is that the Paladins have too many advantages for a pvp, either 1 vs 1, 5 vs 5 even 1 vs 3, with the amount of HP that far exceeds that of any job including mymidon, Revenge reflecting damage, the highest amount of defense, blocking blows about 50% (I'm not sure if it is 50%) and the easiest stunlock combo in the game, makes it impossible to escape from a paladin unless you lucky that the sword dance make the lag effect, I really do not complain about the stunlock and the hp/def and block most appreciable becouse they dont really have a lot of damage and they need those they are tankers, but the impervion is the one that made imposible to scape from them, and made them mostly like bosses of the game. Ah and i almost forgot they can regenerate HP when they are hurt, so tell me if that doesn´t sound unfair :dunno:

I think with the pallys having that much defense the Dmg output they do is kinda insane i agree with you on the moves and stuff thats why i AAS spam(which hardly works due to their high block rates)but really for a class to be that overpowered more op then the glad like their should be at least some type of balance between the two :/

#380 Bryant90

Bryant90

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:That One

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:50 AM

I think with the pallys having that much defense the Dmg output they do is kinda insane i agree with you on the moves and stuff thats why i AAS spam(which hardly works due to their high block rates)but really for a class to be that overpowered more op then the glad like their should be at least some type of balance between the two :/

I say lower damage output by like 20%~30%. Def and Block they can keep just because it's part of their class.

Edited by Bryant90, 22 January 2012 - 06:50 AM.

#381 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by kneesocks
  • Server:decard

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:23 PM

The damage they did pre paris patch (thq days) was balanced. Their ridiculous capability to stack cd could probably get around it but I'd still say the damage would be pretty fair if their weapon stats were the same as then.

#382 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:37 PM

The damage they did pre paris patch (thq days) was balanced. Their ridiculous capability to stack cd could probably get around it but I'd still say the damage would be pretty fair if their weapon stats were the same as then.

I'd say that would be acceptable in PvP modes, but the damage back in chapter 1 was absolutely deplorable with the old weapons and even with a +15 Zauharant I'd say my damage output is just about on par with everyone else's in PvE. I remember being extremely behind the killspeed mark back in chapter 1, and I'm apt to accuse the low ATK on old swords for this. I'd agree with some sort of ATK modification for PvP, but not PvE.

EDIT: As you said this may be a bit more balanced with the new CD rates and newer skills, but I think any THQ era Dragoon would rather give these things up than go back to such a low ATK standard. For clarity, of course I'm only speaking from PvE perspective and probably a bit biased because the thought of that ATK again makes me shudder, so I may not be speaking entirely fairly. It may not even be so bad as I remember it--especially when you look at the atk/matk values for other classes.

Edited by Kazu731, 22 January 2012 - 12:42 PM.

#383 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:28 AM

I'd say that would be acceptable in PvP modes, but the damage back in chapter 1 was absolutely deplorable with the old weapons and even with a +15 Zauharant I'd say my damage output is just about on par with everyone else's in PvE. I remember being extremely behind the killspeed mark back in chapter 1, and I'm apt to accuse the low ATK on old swords for this. I'd agree with some sort of ATK modification for PvP, but not PvE.

EDIT: As you said this may be a bit more balanced with the new CD rates and newer skills, but I think any THQ era Dragoon would rather give these things up than go back to such a low ATK standard. For clarity, of course I'm only speaking from PvE perspective and probably a bit biased because the thought of that ATK again makes me shudder, so I may not be speaking entirely fairly. It may not even be so bad as I remember it--especially when you look at the atk/matk values for other classes.

Yes but chapter 1 paladins did play a mix support/offense role. Auras were pretty useful and Time reverse made them very useful in boss runs. However their damage I agree was bad. But now it is alittle overboard. They get way to much Critical damage; 3 Chaotic octavia gives more CD as a set bonus then most other class sets with the exception of the glorious set pieces.

#384 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:13 PM

Yes but chapter 1 paladins did play a mix support/offense role. Auras were pretty useful and Time reverse made them very useful in boss runs. However their damage I agree was bad. But now it is alittle overboard. They get way to much Critical damage; 3 Chaotic octavia gives more CD as a set bonus then most other class sets with the exception of the glorious set pieces.

Time Reverse was and still is the only useful aura available in the Paladin branch--then again the other auras are effectively written out of existence. And I'd argue that "support" in PvE is nonexistent in this game because you need to be able to kill things just as effectively as everyone else. EDIT: I'd be much more in favor of nerfing CD rates rather than reverting attack.

Edited by Kazu731, 23 January 2012 - 12:14 PM.

#385 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:24 PM

Time Reverse was and still is the only useful aura available in the Paladin branch--then again the other auras are effectively written out of existence. And I'd argue that "support" in PvE is nonexistent in this game because you need to be able to kill things just as effectively as everyone else. EDIT: I'd be much more in favor of nerfing CD rates rather than reverting attack.

The main issue is that paladins as they are now are basically myrms, but better. Due to the high damage multipliers on their skills as well as the ridiculous amount of offensive skills they have, they have an unmatched defensive capability as well as more offensive capability than the offensive warrior branch. IMO, paladins shouldn't have CD at all on any of their set pieces to begin with. However, that's only the first part of the problem. The amount of base damage they do in addition to having easy combos, whether in PvE or PvP, is another issue. Personally, I'd like to see a rework of paladin skills so that they can still be viable in PvE, while not being so abusive in PvP. Removing the massive amount of skills they have is one part of it, but unless they remove spin it bear, chain shield, shield stun, and megastormblade, there would still need to be some sort of tweak. I honestly don't know why they made the paladin class so oriented with air combos, but having high damage output both in the air and on the ground is yet another issue.

#386 Jumpluffspore

Jumpluffspore

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 823 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:02 PM

Take away the ability to jump cancel sword dance.

#387 kenken12

kenken12

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:50 AM

Well, since the last patch makes it clear dragoons are op and will keep getting more skills and buffs they don't need (and mostly inspired from another gravity game, RO,) why don't we just allow myrms to have a block ratio like the lord knight counterparts of the aforementioned game? It would probably make sense that a body sized sword can stop an incoming strike. It would put myrms and palas on semi equal grounds, and would certainly make a "warrior issues" topic not be 20 pages about how much pallies are op in comparison to myrms... or pretty much every living thing.

hahaha.,,, of all the post ive read this one has the most that made sense to me,.,., if there really isnt a problem on both class... there wouldnt be this much pages to begin with.,., lol....

#388 GeneralKira

GeneralKira

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:36 AM

I really miss my knight. I didnt play a long time now then I just forgot my account. Anybody here who knows my Zyken23 knight? I really miss him. Somebody give me a strong account pls? I just wanna play again and again

#389 Canc3r

Canc3r

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

Guys, I have a question. I am a Myrmidon. I found a problem while PvP-ing. When I use SD to catch opponent and they got hit, sometimes opponent will run away and suddenly appear in front of me or other side. I asked my friend and they said it's delay. So is it true and if yes then how should I do? Can it fix?

#390 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

Guys, I have a question. I am a Myrmidon. I found a problem while PvP-ing. When I use SD to catch opponent and they got hit, sometimes opponent will run away and suddenly appear in front of me or other side. I asked my friend and they said it's delay. So is it true and if yes then how should I do? Can it fix?

It's sometimes called Lagg-Walking. It's basically caused by lagg on yours, his, or both which results in it. Several classes skills can experience a Lagg-Walk but warriors sometimes suffer from it more as I believe more of their skills can trigger it.

#391 ecchi

ecchi

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 08:14 AM

HI, I am Lv.85 now but yet not that strong.

There are 3 particular skills I want like to ask about;

- Offensive Aura [Lv.5] (amplifies caster+party member's Atk+M.Atk, while draining MP),
- Defensive Aura [Lv.5] (amplifies caster+party member's Def+M.Def, while draining MP), and
- Time Reverse Aura [Lv.5] (reduces casting+cool down time, while draining MP)

I was hoping those skills somewhat will help my party members and I to deal a little more damage. And also, for me to survive the bosses deadly attacks.

I notices that when I active either 1 of those skills, the other 1 will de-activate. Is that supposed to be happen or is it a bug?

If that supposed to happen, then the Offensive Aura and Defensive Aura are pretty useless to me. While Time Reverse Aura will serve a much better purpose for my fellow party member, ninja.
Not to mention when I activate Offensive Aura, I only get +172 Atk and +135 M.Atk.
Still on a +20 Lv.70 sword and PoS Hero sword is working in progress.

It would be lovely if we get active 2 or 3 of those skills at the same time.

Wasted 100 Skill Points and I am out of Skill Reset Scroll (  ._.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users