eXempt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationConnecticut
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 02 April 2011 - 10:26 PM

Yet it's still worse at PVP than shadow, pf, and pally.

#327 MicoJive

MicoJive

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:30 AM

each class is only as good as the person using it....so get better

#328 eXempt

eXempt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:11 AM

So, by that logic, everyone playing PFs, Shadows, and Pallies are better players!

#329 MicoJive

MicoJive

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:42 AM

...no your logic is just bad. By my logic if you played a warrior well and actually knew the class you would have a chance against a pally,shadow or pathfinder.

#330 MicoJive

MicoJive

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:42 AM

...no your logic is just bad. By my logic if you played a warrior well and actually knew the class you would have a chance against a pally,shadow or pathfinder.

#331 eXempt

eXempt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:38 AM

having a chance isn't the same thing as being on par. If you put a pvp myrm vs pally/shadow (possible pathfinder) of equal skill levels and equal gear, then the pally/shadow/pf will win because it has superior skills.

#332 OFireO

OFireO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:55 AM

I dont understand why myrm gets the only 360 degree 100% stun in game...

lol I don't know but I always say this: " Overlords are for shows!~~ "
We have curse to lower all stats and Stumble to lower aim. We can lower alot of enemies agi if you have enough aim to hit to begin lol.
We can also use sd, 8 kicks bear to stop opponent for short time.
Imgone bear, Wyvern blade to disturb or help your partners get out of locks. But be careful not to use it at wrong times, people really hate it when you launch too much and can't kill them.
hmm put it simple we have alot of skills to create openings for others to attack.
Perhaps myrmidons are meant to support partners?~~ even though the name sounds like they should be more destructive and aggresive.

#333 OFireO

OFireO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:20 PM

having a chance isn't the same thing as being on par. If you put a pvp myrm vs pally/shadow (possible pathfinder) of equal skill levels and equal gear, then the pally/shadow/pf will win because it has superior skills.

-Hmm about this I would say I feel slightly disadvantaged against shadow in pvp.
But the evade and block is really scary @@ I have beaten ninjas before with only like 30% hit rate but at equal pvp skills players I say overlords lose..
-Defintely at total disadvantage against paladin. I did naked pvp(take out everything except a lv25 weapon from pow) with a paladin(Haime). Without him using impvervious, Revenge and Parry. Even without parry he still blocks like 3 times in a row sometimes or even 4 or 5 times.
That's critical for overlords to miss like that... and I pvped him three times turned out to be 2:1 I win but it was quite hard!
It takes him only spin bear storm blade and one normal hit to kill me so that's like if I get caught at the beginning by the spin bear it's gg. So usually it takes him three good damage skills to kill me for sure. But It took me who knows how many skills to kill him I would say at least 9+ damage skills to kill him. That's like I have to be able to hit him three times more to kill him. The only chance I could escape from his attack is if I stumble him first then he might miss a few hits.
- For pvping against pathfinders I would say if you have enough aim and pvp skills you still can win. We can't catch as well as pf ofc but use what you have you can still beat them. Pfs VS Overlords with enough aim is like equal chance of raping each other up.

Edited by OFireO, 03 April 2011 - 12:23 PM.

#334 eXempt

eXempt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:39 PM

I agree that myrms would be better at group pvp, but if a myrm is vsing an AAS spam pf, good luck winning. myrms don't have anything similar to revenge like pallies do that (usually) prevents AAS.

Myrms just need to be better at 1v1 pvp, which is what i've been talking about for the thread. Group pvp for them is fine.

#335 MicoJive

MicoJive

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:50 PM

...noone is good vs a aas spaming char.

#336 OFireO

OFireO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:01 PM

I agree that myrms would be better at group pvp, but if a myrm is vsing an AAS spam pf, good luck winning. myrms don't have anything similar to revenge like pallies do that (usually) prevents AAS.

Myrms just need to be better at 1v1 pvp, which is what i've been talking about for the thread. Group pvp for them is fine.

We get the revenge item earrings now it doesn't help much but it helps a bit =p. And it's true that it's really hard against AAS spam players. What I do is just DON'T GET LAUNCHED. At least don't get launched at good angle so you can air recover to escape. In group fights it's harder to dodge those archers though @@. Myrmidons have skills to stop archers launch->AAS SPAM like Imgone bear and SD or Wyvern blade. And also have stumble to stop them before they attack. It requires skill to use them well though.. And also Gust slashes they are really useful to catch them. I often use gust slashes to catch archers at certain angle. If they do the three shots in air thingy if you get behind and then as he lands get close to where hes going to land and use gust slash you can catch them in air.

Paladins is good vs an aas spaming character =p if that paladin use revenge and such cheap skills and have enough aim to hit a few times. Still have to be careful the traps though XD

#337 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:25 AM

Dragoons, Savages, Shadows.

Anyways, anyone that thinks Dragoons are not OP are clearly delusional.

#338 reallycalmer

reallycalmer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:10 AM

Dragoons, Savages, Shadows.

Anyways, anyone that thinks Dragoons are not OP are clearly delusional.

Here Here. Even with Rim's Naked League rules, pallys have higher def, block, and cross cut and broom jab are fast and catch well. Gust slash loses to them EVERYTIME. Even with handicap on cross cut with lvl 25 weapon does more damage than any of a myrm's moves.

Spin bear has ridiculous range and it makes me rage that they gave the most broken class in that game a really decent pvp skill and possibly more to come.

It makes no freakin sense.

Edited by reallycalmer, 07 April 2011 - 08:12 AM.

#339 OFireO

OFireO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:44 PM

Here Here. Even with Rim's Naked League rules, pallys have higher def, block, and cross cut and broom jab are fast and catch well. Gust slash loses to them EVERYTIME. Even with handicap on cross cut with lvl 25 weapon does more damage than any of a myrm's moves.

Spin bear has ridiculous range and it makes me rage that they gave the most broken class in that game a really decent pvp skill and possibly more to come.

It makes no freakin sense.

Agree~~XD btw FairFair Have we pvped before? I'm trying to pvp with every overlords xdd

#340 eXempt

eXempt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:40 AM

I dont think you wanna PVP him. He has mega-stacked gear. (+20 arti zauharant blade makes me :( in my pants.)

#341 Bullie

Bullie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:57 AM

I would say Myrms are the third if not second best pvp class.

Edited by Bullie, 27 June 2011 - 11:06 PM.

#342 Animakojo

Animakojo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:13 PM

pallies are completely op with ground lock there rediculus blockrate and healing? there is no point in fighting them. between stacking evade and block is just completely retarded. they should either change cool down or make it to where we dont fall down. or better yet both. or give other classess better means to fight it like moves that cant be blocked or something that can hit regardless of evade/blocking

#343 Rozenbane

Rozenbane

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:44 PM

I started out with a warrior class and pardon me if I'm not up to specs but it always seemed like they actually lag in the actual gameplay. I keep seeing that they're overpowered/perfect for PvP etc but for those of us who don't engage in that, I find this class type lagging. And by lagging I mean more so in items being available to us [I can't count how many times I've gotten every other class type equipment EVERY time, I'd have to guestimate the ratio being 5:1 for equipment for warrior classes being dropped/won/earned etc]. It was my mistake to pick the class if they are mainly meant for PvP in the entire game. Just seeing if anyone else has noticed this...?

#344 MicoJive

MicoJive

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:17 PM

i think that is just bad luck unfortunately. I havnt noticed getting more or less then any other class.

#345 Nhat

Nhat

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:38 PM

I started out with a warrior class and pardon me if I'm not up to specs but it always seemed like they actually lag in the actual gameplay. I keep seeing that they're overpowered/perfect for PvP etc but for those of us who don't engage in that, I find this class type lagging. And by lagging I mean more so in items being available to us [I can't count how many times I've gotten every other class type equipment EVERY time, I'd have to guestimate the ratio being 5:1 for equipment for warrior classes being dropped/won/earned etc]. It was my mistake to pick the class if they are mainly meant for PvP in the entire game. Just seeing if anyone else has noticed this...?

Well if you stick to warrior class and reach end game, dragoon can pve with the best of them since they have one of the highest dps in the game while overlord are great for pve also considerign their atks have a large AoE.

#346 Zerochildsfiles

Zerochildsfiles

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:05 PM

We will be opening up this thread for people to voice their opinion regarding Warriors.

If you have an issue with class balance, please post it here.

A skill which you feel could be better? please post it here.

A known bug or issue with the class? please post it here.

We want to make sure we have as much information as possible come our open beta launch, so for this we need your help and input. Lets try to keep all information regarding Warriors in this thread and information regarding other classes also remain in their respective threads/sections.

When launch does finally arrive, many of these issues may already be resolved (due to updates we will be getting) however we would still like your feedback.

#347 Zerochildsfiles

Zerochildsfiles

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:10 PM

i think truthfully all the auras and stuff make a pally to OP a myrm makes sense because it stills keeps a little def while making attack op but for a pally talk about a match if ur anything other than mage or invoke,it seems, then you fighting a war period is.... suicide.

#348 DarkstalkerX

DarkstalkerX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Server:Wyvern blade

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:36 PM

Well, since the last patch makes it clear dragoons are op and will keep getting more skills and buffs they don't need (and mostly inspired from another gravity game, RO,) why don't we just allow myrms to have a block ratio like the lord knight counterparts of the aforementioned game? It would probably make sense that a body sized sword can stop an incoming strike. It would put myrms and palas on semi equal grounds, and would certainly make a "warrior issues" topic not be 20 pages about how much pallies are op in comparison to myrms... or pretty much every living thing.

#349 MicoJive

MicoJive

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:34 PM

because i dont really think warriors are that far behind other classes in pvp besides maybe new nins. Putting myrms up to dragoon would just create 2 major imba classes, not solve the current one =\

#350 Jumpluffspore

Jumpluffspore

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 823 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:28 PM

because i dont really think warriors are that far behind other classes in pvp besides maybe new nins. Putting myrms up to dragoon would just create 2 major imba classes, not solve the current one =\

Totally agree. Besides, Myrms can fight other classes pretty well. Properly played, they can beat pallies, it's just not fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users