God seals on the 23rd of Aug - Page 5 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

God seals on the 23rd of Aug

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#101 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:55 AM

Also you got handed a pretty much safe gd roll by Animosity and you let your allies steal it :blink:

Ouch???

#102 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:57 AM

There is a solution(or planned I guess). I guess people just forgot about it because it's been months without an actual word of when it will be implemented. It was supposed to be like an instance x guilds compete by doing a monster kc and I assume at the end, will be the dwarf that teleports you into the hallway to run. The people that pretty much rolled the seals will get a head start and those that didn't will have no advantage over those who did most the work.

Yea I remember them saying that back about a month ago. Hopefully they are close to a fix?

#103 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:58 AM

Change or not, I feel like we've been taking advantage of the seals. You get out of the seals what you put into it. That's all I can say.

I welcome the change, but if it never happens, I'd be for that too. Pretty much neutral.

NOTE: The chart above includes all questing completed by my guild, Animosity, since 05/23/2011 02:33 PM EST. Seal 2 turn-ins comprised 23 of the 1686 quests completed.

For once I agree with Lamb, Oh GOD that is scary...

#104 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:55 AM

instead of making it 50 (or 100) clicks through each seal 1, 2, 3, 4 make it 200 (or 400) clicks through any combinations of the seals. the halfway and closed announcements can still appear to give warning but all seals should stay open and people can pick what they want to do. is that even programmable? i think that's a viable solution since people seem more invested in doing seal 2 than anything else atm. and it makes kafra shop cash.

well without any restrictions a combination of 400 seal quests = 390 seal2 + a few random seal 1 quests :blink: (i like to do 1122211222341 etc to get more value from reset stones)

Kidding aside this is probably the best suggestion so far, at least loosening the reins a bit. Just remove completely the "xx seal has been released" message, keep the requirement for seal 1 to appear blah for seal 2 to be done etc but require all seals to appear before you can do excess quests for a particular seal. that way it'd go something like:

seal 1 appears <short seal 2rush>
seal 2 appears
seal 3 appears
seal 4 appears
<crazy mad seal 2 rush +few random other seals for giggles>
the 4 seals have been released .....

massive amounts of fast exp? sure. but exp/hour wise its a lot slower than the 400kill quests.
massive amount of god items? sure. but honestly how much worse could Ymirs situation get?

both of which are things that are being driven right now.

Edited by Hrothmund, 08 August 2011 - 05:55 AM.

#105 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:46 AM

Whatever you guys decide to do, can you possibly consider making the dwarf fight 150/100. Would so do seal 4 more if it was less random. Oh, and increase the kvm rewards too. =)

Edited by ensignfluke, 08 August 2011 - 06:47 AM.

#106 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:05 AM

I'm glad this change was announced. We're getting a lot of business now. :blink:

The seal increase isn't gonna change anything, imo. People will still quest seals 1 and 2 because they are easy and profitable. Seal 3 will go the same.

I'm FIRMLY against making god item creation any more rewarding or easier, however, because that's just wrong. We've worked very hard for everything we've managed to make and I see no reason to provide other means of obtaining items easier for anybody (tokens...wth?). People haven't worked for their god items. Why make it easier now? If any changes should be made, and I'm in no way overreacting, but it should go through us. We slaved for hours for every seal roll...and now there are potentially alternate routes for less-active, nearly non-existent guilds to get god items too?

It takes my guild 1 evening (no more than a couple hours) of casual vent conversation to prepare 50 seal 3s and 50 seal 4s. 100 characters versus 50 characters won't slow things down much. Seals haven't been going as much lately not because people aren't pushing seals 1-3 fast enough. It's just that we're taking our time now since there's no urgency and no comp. We don't even scout GDs anymore. Seals 1-3 will be released and we had a mishap last night when Seal 4 went half way, announced, and it took us over 10 minutes to close it. And STILL nobody showed up.

The comments about god item creation being unfair should be disregarded here, imo. Every single person posting them hasn't even made an effort to log onto their recaller and attempt to steal our rolls within the past 1.5 months +.

And even with it being 100 characters each, other guilds will quest just about as much as they do now...NEVER! It has been at 50 characters since Ymir came about and nobody put in effort like our alliance is doing now. Things aren't any more fair for us as they are for you guys. The complaints towards Animosity in here are...stupid...in that the only argument people have is that we've made lots of god items because we randomly decided to start pushing seals?

And no need to worry, Ymir. We'll still be selling creations. It'll just be 2 days rather than 1 from the time of sale to when it's remade. Creation price will be 8b.

Thanks!

EDIT: Just make Seal 2 100 characters. That's what has people so upset. They want easy access to Seal 2. And wow...if it's 100 characters...that's $100 in reset stones :rofl:

Edited by Lambor, 08 August 2011 - 07:25 AM.

#107 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:14 AM

Oh, and maybe get rid of the parts of the quests where you click redundantly to get a new dialog...

#108 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:03 AM

Slaving a few hours for 4bil guaranteed sounds like a really good deal to me.

By the way, that was 5 minutes, not 10. :blink:

#109 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:04 AM

5...10. :blink:

In any event, it was plenty of time for me to do my turnins, hop on my RK, get a guild invite, and run from Payon to top left Balder (speed potting) and make it to GD. Empty =\

EDIT:
- Aug 8 00:44:09 2011 (Nearly)
- Aug 8 00:49:19 2011 (Released)

I guess you're right. lol. My page is blocked from work so I can't see the times. I had to go through the XHTML Validator and "View Source" to see XD. I stand corrected though. 5 minutes!

Edited by Lambor, 08 August 2011 - 09:08 AM.

#110 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:25 AM

I'm glad this change was announced. We're getting a lot of business now. :blink:

The seal increase isn't gonna change anything, imo. People will still quest seals 1 and 2 because they are easy and profitable. Seal 3 will go the same.

I'm FIRMLY against making god item creation any more rewarding or easier, however, because that's just wrong. We've worked very hard for everything we've managed to make and I see no reason to provide other means of obtaining items easier for anybody (tokens...wth?). People haven't worked for their god items. Why make it easier now? If any changes should be made, and I'm in no way overreacting, but it should go through us. We slaved for hours for every seal roll...and now there are potentially alternate routes for less-active, nearly non-existent guilds to get god items too?

It takes my guild 1 evening (no more than a couple hours) of casual vent conversation to prepare 50 seal 3s and 50 seal 4s. 100 characters versus 50 characters won't slow things down much. Seals haven't been going as much lately not because people aren't pushing seals 1-3 fast enough. It's just that we're taking our time now since there's no urgency and no comp. We don't even scout GDs anymore. Seals 1-3 will be released and we had a mishap last night when Seal 4 went half way, announced, and it took us over 10 minutes to close it. And STILL nobody showed up.

The comments about god item creation being unfair should be disregarded here, imo. Every single person posting them hasn't even made an effort to log onto their recaller and attempt to steal our rolls within the past 1.5 months +.

And even with it being 100 characters each, other guilds will quest just about as much as they do now...NEVER! It has been at 50 characters since Ymir came about and nobody put in effort like our alliance is doing now. Things aren't any more fair for us as they are for you guys. The complaints towards Animosity in here are...stupid...in that the only argument people have is that we've made lots of god items because we randomly decided to start pushing seals?

And no need to worry, Ymir. We'll still be selling creations. It'll just be 2 days rather than 1 from the time of sale to when it's remade. Creation price will be 8b.

Thanks!

EDIT: Just make Seal 2 100 characters. That's what has people so upset. They want easy access to Seal 2. And wow...if it's 100 characters...that's $100 in reset stones :rofl:

Last night arlian pmed me sayign the seals where going to roll. I told it dont matter, I cant beat lam down the hall way, so whats the sence in even trying to, when I know by the the time I get into the hallway hes already at the end. So you are saying no one has comped you, geez I wonder why.

#111 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:44 AM

wow :blink: give me your account I'd comp anyone

#112 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:51 AM

I don't run the hallway, Delta does.

So your tactic here is basically...I can't win, so let's complain about it and have the GMs make it easier. Nobody makes an effort anymore except for us. We don't get comped, and people don't even TRY. You can tell when the seals are gonna go. Do they ever sit at 1-3 Released for long?

I remember multiple times Delta would complain about how whoever played Arlian (Heman, I think) was way too close. So people can win. Ren has won legitimately as well. And Legends beat Delta when he made an error. Winning is possible. But not if you guys just quit. True story...AB did a seal roll one night and Delta was running the hallway on Kanashii and he DCED WHEN HE ENTERED THE HALLWAY! He had been having Internet connectivity problems and it cut when seals went. But Charlie, leader of AB, had time to get on their recaller, take it back to the castle, take it down to GD, and be the first to the chat. Why? Because nobody even TRIES!!!!!!!!!!!

No wonder you still consider yourselves smaller guilds. You guys expect things to be handed to you, and if something isn't going in your favor, you'd rather have everything changed up so it's "easier" for the less fortunate. Shadow...if you suck at running the hallway, have somebody else do it. That's what I do. And I think that's been going pretty well lately.

And no, I'm not trolling. This is just how I see it.

Edited by Lambor, 08 August 2011 - 11:56 AM.

#113 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 12:25 PM

Yes I did loose to legends because my speed pot hotkey wasnt in the regular place, so i casted stealth instead of using speed pot, ever since it stopped raining I have had no problems with my internet provider.

#114 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:16 PM

So your tactic here is basically...I can't win, so let's complain about it and have the GMs make it easier. Nobody makes an effort anymore except for us. We don't get comped, and people don't even TRY. You can tell when the seals are gonna go. Do they ever sit at 1-3 Released for long?

I remember multiple times Delta would complain about how whoever played Arlian (Heman, I think) was way too close. So people can win. Ren has won legitimately as well. And Legends beat Delta when he made an error. Winning is possible. But not if you guys just quit. True story...AB did a seal roll one night and Delta was running the hallway on Kanashii and he DCED WHEN HE ENTERED THE HALLWAY! He had been having Internet connectivity problems and it cut when seals went. But Charlie, leader of AB, had time to get on their recaller, take it back to the castle, take it down to GD, and be the first to the chat. Why? Because nobody even TRIES!!!!!!!!!!!

No wonder you still consider yourselves smaller guilds. You guys expect things to be handed to you, and if something isn't going in your favor, you'd rather have everything changed up so it's "easier" for the less fortunate. Shadow...if you suck at running the hallway, have somebody else do it. That's what I do. And I think that's been going pretty well lately.

OMG I am totally in agreement with you again, twice in one day?

+1 for Renouille getting a win Legitimately on My account.

#115 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:29 PM

You got it all wrong lam. I NEVER said I want it easier. I just want it to stay the way it is now. I can push the seals as they are now. We are working on them so we may push them when the time is right. Whats the point in even trying lam when by the time I get in the hallway delta is at the npc. Where is the logic in that. We will just get enough people threw the seals and try to push them on a day we think is right. Again I will say I dont want the seals to be easier, I just want them to stay the way they are now.

#116 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:15 PM

PS I wasnt complaining that I saw her in hallway It was more of a shock because usually when Im about to enter chat I usually dont see anyone other then esper or Elaine in the past.

#117 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 August 2011 - 04:03 PM

I don't really care about how the seal quest is changing or the drama it has created. I still stand by my opinion that God Items should have been destroyed (not broken) during the merger.

However, please explain this comment:

I KNOW Ymir's population is going to be growing soon...

Where you just being sarcastic, or is some other RO or Valk merging into us?

#118 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 04:08 PM

I don't really care about how the seal quest is changing or the drama it has created. I still stand by my opinion that God Items should have been destroyed (not broken) during the merger.

However, please explain this comment:

Where you just being sarcastic, or is some other RO or Valk merging into us?

That would have been mega unfair to those of us who had just created an item from a newly completed set a week prior to the merger announcement.

#119 Chris

Chris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 04:15 PM

I do not support this planned change. There's nothing I feel I need to say though, that hasn't already been said better by others.

^

#120 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:59 AM

If people are thinking that Valk will ever just merge up with Ymir or something, that'll probably never happen. God items and certain MVP cards will ensure that.

And if they were ever broken again, I'm 100% certain that you can say goodbye to anybody who has remade one since the merger. I know I'll be the first to jump ship. :blink:

Edited by Lambor, 09 August 2011 - 08:00 AM.

#121 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:49 AM

Yea I dont see them merging the servers. Heim must have something else up his sleeves.

#122 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:50 AM

God items in Kafra Shops. Problem solved.

#123 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:52 AM

That would ssolve everything, but I think you and everyone that has put in effort to make theirs would quit, and so would I.

#124 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:59 AM

God items in Kafra Shops. Problem solved.

That would be a giant middle finger to those who worked hard for their items all these years Posted Image

#125 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:01 AM

like hd ores, slotted sunnies in boxes, kvm badges in boxes didn't do? :blink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users