Guardian compensation - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Guardian compensation

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#1 Astronix

Astronix

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:03 AM

Since Im writting this at 3 am, Im not sure if I will write or explain myself...
After talked with Aramis (I love his activity in the game!!) I think a decent compensation could be a devil/angel set that will not soul bound...
many people might disagree with this... but I guess thats the fairly thing to be done (maybe they can give us our guardian's soulcraft and enchants with that??)
in that way they can get rid of old guardian OP stuff and make the game somewhat balanced, without making us losing that much...
Just a suggestion for my part... and yes Im scared of what might happen since I wasted more than 20kg in my guardian stuff.

Edited by Astronix, 25 August 2011 - 01:06 AM.

#2 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:35 AM

EDIT: Reopened.

Edited by Rimmy, 25 August 2011 - 08:15 AM.

#3 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:23 PM

I'd be quite pleased with exchanging each guardian piece for a corresponding unsoulbound devil or angel equip of the same soulcraft grade and enchant level.

#4 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:27 PM

I would accept the angel/devil deal but with one change: I am not handing over my guardian. (I got screwed by warpportal the last time they had a mail in event for old items that couldn't be used)

Edited by EnderW, 25 August 2011 - 01:28 PM.

#5 Ethernal

Ethernal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1016 posts
  • LocationMX :)
  • Server:the only one lol

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:28 PM

so what are the plans? ):

#6 Nhat

Nhat

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:37 PM

Since Im writting this at 3 am, Im not sure if I will write or explain myself...
After talked with Aramis (I love his activity in the game!!) I think a decent compensation could be a devil/angel set that will not soul bound...
many people might disagree with this... but I guess thats the fairly thing to be done (maybe they can give us our guardian's soulcraft and enchants with that??)
in that way they can get rid of old guardian OP stuff and make the game somewhat balanced, without making us losing that much...
Just a suggestion for my part... and yes Im scared of what might happen since I wasted more than 20kg in my guardian stuff.

I totally agrees with you. The amount of time , gold, and IM many players have wasted on these guardian set is worth way more than 1 w-coin and 2 soul stack. My set is only special with an arti backpack and I've already had to spent over 30k gold to get the set and aound 100insurance and 200 soul craft randomizer to get it to where it is now. So just think about how much more people with legend/ artifact +15-+20 spent on their set. IMO, maybe warpportal could add some Insurance and some soul craft randomizer to the compensation. Im not asking for all of the sc randomizer and insurance people used on the guardian equip to be compensated but maybe something like :
*5 insurances and 5 randomizers for any special guardian pieces.
*10 insurances and 10 randomizer for any arti pieces.
*15 insurances and 15 randomizer fot any legend pieces.

#7 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by kneesocks
  • Server:decard

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:40 PM

just let people trade in their pieces for the matching piece (ie: guardian shoulder for angel shoulder)

#8 AkatsukiKawa

AkatsukiKawa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:58 PM

Should just let people mail their guardian pieces to trade it with Angel/Devil with same enhance and soul craft option. And layer should be able to choose whether they want Angel or Devil (Not fire guardian = devil set and water guardian = angel set or vice versa).

Edited by AkatsukiKawa, 25 August 2011 - 01:59 PM.

#9 Astronix

Astronix

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:03 PM

or better, let the people choose which set they want, its an idea and I hope it will be heard by developers, at least they should do this for us after wasting a great quantity of money getting our guardian equips (and wasting IM) in getting the stats they have... personally like 2 week ago or so I bought a very cool wg backpack for 9k... how do you think I feel now?

#10 Nhat

Nhat

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:16 PM

Should just let people mail their guardian pieces to trade it with Angel/Devil with same enhance and soul craft option. And layer should be able to choose whether they want Angel or Devil (Not fire guardian = devil set and water guardian = angel set or vice versa).

So would people with a mix guardain set be allowed to pick either devil or angel set or would they have to to get a mix angel and devil set.

#11 AkatsukiKawa

AkatsukiKawa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:21 PM

So would people with a mix guardain set be allowed to pick either devil or angel set or would they have to to get a mix angel and devil set.

In my opinion, would be fair if people can choose which set they want, because people who bought guardian parts from market, already knew its stat before they bought it. Not to mention, Mix angel and devil set gives a crappy bonus set effect (assuming people mix it with ratio 4:3), cant compensate the mix set effect of fire and water set.

Edited by AkatsukiKawa, 25 August 2011 - 02:23 PM.

#12 Astronix

Astronix

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:53 PM

Im happy watching that many ppl like my idea, but before getting super happy with this, we first need the developers to take a look at this (if they are goin to do it)

#13 AkatsukiKawa

AkatsukiKawa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:12 PM

Sorry if this queation is out of topic.

Why is this thread posted in Game Balance section? It is not about the imbalance in DS :P .

Better to put it in Chat section i think....

#14 Astronix

Astronix

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:40 PM

when I asked Nolanvoid what to do he told me to put what I said on game balances, and I think its somehow to balance our economy, who wants to blast all their hard worked money for 400g-800g a piece?

#15 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:13 PM

Remove trade restrictions from Special IM sets. Tradability was crème de la crème of the guardian sets. It was quite helpful being able to trade pieces back and forth for farming and leveling purposes.

#16 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:11 PM

I was referring to Game Balance concerns in the Game Balance section.

#17 Cruffles

Cruffles

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:28 PM

I believe this is a much better compensation. I would gladly trade in my FG shoulders/gloves and WG boots for Angel set shoulders/gloves/boots.

#18 Astronix

Astronix

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:29 PM

Im sorry for the missundertood (if happened) on this Aramis, maybe the hour affected us, but I saw developer's final decission so I guess this is over,

#19 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:20 PM

The compensation comes from WarpPortal and not the developer. An agreement has been made within the other thread.

#20 AI12

AI12

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:56 PM

i really don't think they will take those compensation that we suggest. they change to each G set item will get 8 soul box + 250G + 2W-coins

right,,,,,now let see the market values.....
  • Fire helmt: 2k
  • Fire pad: 2.5k
  • Fire TOP: 2.5k
  • Fire bottom: 2.5k
  • Fire WING: 8k
    [*}Fire glove: 3k
  • Fire boot: 1.5k
TOTAL: 22k

• Water Helmt: 1.5k
  • Water Pad: 2k
  • Water TOP: 5k
  • Water Bottom: 6k
  • WATER WING: 10k
  • Water Glove: 3k
  • Water Boot: 6k
TOTAL: 33.5k

• 8 X Soul box: 150G ea. = 1.2k
  • 2 X W-coins: *200G ea. = 400G
  • 250G = 250G
TOTAL= 1.85k X 7 pieces = 12.95k

This is just the advance / special set cosing, not included any insurance that players use on them.
IF YOU STILL THINK THIS IS FAIR, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

Edited by Kazu731, 25 August 2011 - 08:17 PM.

#21 Nhat

Nhat

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:03 PM

i really don't think they will take those compensation that we suggest. they change to each G set item will get 8 soul box + 250G + 2W-coins

• 250G = 250G

asking for a full compensation of your equip is a little too much dont you think?? but i do hope in the near future that set that each piece of the special im set gives will also be remove to make it par with guardian set.

#22 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:06 PM

• 250G = 250G

This is just the advance / special set cosing, not included any insurance that players use on them.

I think it's completely fair
not only do you get atleast 14 coins, a lot of souls, and a like 700g, but you get to keep your guardian! I mean wow just wow. know what you can get with 14 coins? 2 chances at Special Item Mail fashions which sell for the same price as if not more than the guardian pieces when they rotate out.

#23 AI12

AI12

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:13 PM

asking for a full compensation of your equip is a little too much dont you think?? but i do hope in the near future that set that each piece of the special im set gives will also be remove to make it par with guardian set.

They let this "BUG" stay over a year without any noticed that this is a "BUG", the G set were this price becoz their "BUG", dun you think it's fair to get at lease 80% compensation of those G set that we had spend our time + GOLD + IM on their "BUG"?

and wht now, we only get 12.95K per set back

#24 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:14 PM

They let this "BUG" stay over a year without any noticed that this is a "BUG", the G set were this price becoz their "BUG", dun you think it's fair to get at lease 80% compensation of those G set that we had spend our time + GOLD + IM on their "BUG"?

and wht now, we only get 12.95K per set back

I sold an unSCed and Unenchanted Angel Back for 15k when they went out of rotation. patients is a virtue. just wait and reap the rewards

#25 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:17 PM

• 250G = 250G

I think it's fair. What's the plan, coach?

Edited by Kazu731, 25 August 2011 - 08:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users